Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
Jean
Topic Assistant

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Jean » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:00 pm

1:00pm......Cams continue to go off and on at Delta2. And the embedded cams were doing some weird pixelating for a while too.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:57 pm

I'll check the Observation thread then reboot them if they're still doing that - seems to help some of the time.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:28 am

Good Morning Everyone! Hmmm, I just noticed that Whiterock went down just about the same time that Delta 2 went down. Is that a coincidence? In any case, yes Delta 2 cams went down around 7:14 am and came back a minute or so later. They have gone down again about a couple minutes ago or so....and as I am typing this they came back again. I can hear that they are stuttering though so assume they will possibly go down again. Maybe a reset will help.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:51 am

amyklai wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:13 am
7,13a White Rock cams down
The White Rock embedded cams are all still down, and I couldn't connect to the WA cam using the direct access link, so I'm guessing everything is probably down.

The Harrison Mills embedded cams are also down, and I couldn't connect when I tried the North cam's direct access link, so South is probably completely down too.

I'll let Ken know, in case he can pull something out of his bag of tricks.

I did check the power outages page and there are outages in both general areas, but nothing that close to where I think the cams are (and about all I know about the location of White Rock is that it's fairly close to Boundary Bay - but the outages were more inland there).

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:52 am

SueB wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:28 am
Good Morning Everyone! Hmmm, I just noticed that Whiterock went down just about the same time that Delta 2 went down. Is that a coincidence? In any case, yes Delta 2 cams went down around 7:14 am and came back a minute or so later. They have gone down again about a couple minutes ago or so....and as I am typing this they came back again. I can hear that they are stuttering though so assume they will possibly go down again. Maybe a reset will help.
7:51 am
I just heard the sound stutter on one of the Delta cams although the time stamps are streaming smoothly; I'll go check on the observation thread, Sue, and see if you'd still like a reboot.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:13 am

I've heard back from Ken - he won't be home until later today, and will check on White Rock and Harrison Mills once he's at his computer.

Lynne
Topic Assistant

Post by Lynne » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:40 am

11:39am - White Rock cams continue to be 'not streaming'

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:48 pm

Lynne wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:40 am
11:39am - White Rock cams continue to be 'not streaming'
Thanks for posting, Lynne. I just tried connecting to WA and North without success, so I'm pretty sure that it's something Ken will have to check on - and I'm not actually sure if he'll be able to do that today, though he knows they're down and said he'd check as soon as he could.

I did check the power outages map (https://www.bchydro.com/power-outages/a ... e-map.html) and there seem to be a lot of outages in the general area, though none that appear that close to the water, and the cams appear to be pretty close.
20180724_001.jpg
So Ken may need to make a site visit to find out what the problem is.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:28 pm

Good Afternoon All! It looks like the Delta 2 embedded cams have been down for about 15 minutes. Not sure about the zoomer cams. Jean had logged in but I haven't seen her post any updates so not sure if she had trouble but it looked like she was on the E Cam and then brought it back to the nest. W Cam is on AME on the center tower.

Edit: One of the cams is pointing towards the center tower, which is West. We will need to get that cam back to the nest before the sun starts setting. Jean says it's the E Cam.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:38 pm

SueB wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:28 pm
Good Afternoon All! It looks like the Delta 2 embedded cams have been down for about 15 minutes. Not sure about the zoomer cams. Jean had logged in but I haven't seen her post any updates so not sure if she had trouble but it looked like she was on the E Cam and then brought it back to the nest. W Cam is on AME on the center tower.

Edit: One of the cams is pointing towards the center tower, which is West. We will need to get that cam back to the nest before the sun starts setting. Jean says it's the E Cam.
ALL cams still down after 25 minutes.....and sorry, it is the W zoomer cam aimed out on the pole.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:05 pm

Good Evening :)

Re H Mills

The embedded and Direct Access Cams are down for the last 4 hours .....

Thanks
Bev

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

Darlene
Admin

Post by Darlene » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:17 pm

I can't get in to the Delta cams or the Harrison Mills cams! :angry:
Darlene, Langley, member since May 10 2006

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:25 pm

9:24pm............All cams have been down at Delta2 since about 4:30pm.

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:01 am

It looks as if all of the cams are down, both the direct access/zoomer links and the embedded cams. It could be coincidence, in which case some of them may come back up on their own (the Harrison Mills cams have been doing that a lot lately, and I don't know if there's been any progress towards getting a new modem there) - but it's more likely a server issue, which may need to wait at least until business hours tomorrow or possibly later if Ken has other commitments in the morning.

I have sent another email to Ken to let him know that Delta 2 is now down as well, and that Harrison Mills is back down.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day in the eagle-watching department. Thank you all for your reports and patience.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:34 am

JudyB wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:01 am
It looks as if all of the cams are down, both the direct access/zoomer links and the embedded cams. It could be coincidence, in which case some of them may come back up on their own (the Harrison Mills cams have been doing that a lot lately, and I don't know if there's been any progress towards getting a new modem there) - but it's more likely a server issue, which may need to wait at least until business hours tomorrow or possibly later if Ken has other commitments in the morning.

I have sent another email to Ken to let him know that Delta 2 is now down as well, and that Harrison Mills is back down.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day in the eagle-watching department. Thank you all for your reports and patience.

Thank You Judy and I do hope you got some sleep ! :huggie:

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

Return to “Technical Help”