Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:27 pm

amyklai wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:25 am
10.25a Both WA / CU Cams are still sticking at White Rock , North is ok , can they be rebooted, please
Is now a good time, amy?

Added -

I just took a look at the cams - I'm nervous about trying a reboot when the weather is that wet and windy - not sure what would happen if the power goes out in the middle of the reboot cycle. Sorry.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:54 pm

SueB wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:03 pm
Good Afternoon All! I think this may have been reported previously but just wanted to report on what I am experiencing on the Delta 2 Embedded Cam screen. When trying to roll back and grab s'caps so that I can post them, I get to the point I need the s'cap from, which could be a few minutes or more back, and for some reason after a second or more, the embedded cam screen jumps back to LIVE so I am unable to grab s'caps from there. It was even worse just now as I was on the cams and with the wind blowing at Delta I have to pause the rollback so I can get a clear s'cap.....I pause the screen, but a split second later it jumps to LIVE, current time. At this point it is very difficult to grab s'caps from the embedded screen so I've decided to get them from the zoomer screen, which I put on full screen. The only problem with this is that I will miss activity that is happening when I'm not staring at the zoomer cam screen....like while I'm posting.
I'm not sure I completely understand, Sue. I just went to the Live Cams page for Delta, and see an eagle who gave me a nice image at 13:05:59; the dvr has been playing along for over a minute without jumping as I watch the eagle, but I haven't tried taking a screenshot. I'm now going back to before the time stamp I want to capture. And I wasn't quite fast enough clicking the Pause button because I caught the eagle blinking, but the screen is now frozen with a block saying More Videos covering 1/3 of the screen:
20200131_001.jpg

It stays paused while I take the above screenshot; I then click the Close X on the block of videos. It remains paused, but there's still a little box that says More Videos:
20200131_002.jpg

When I clicked the Play icon, the video resumed where it was - and didn't jump ahead.

And I'm sure I'm doing something different than what you're doing, so if you can help me try recreating this, I'll see what I can do.

For what it's worth, I use CaptureWizPro for taking screenshots and videos - and the way the software works is that there's an icon called Area in the dropdown screen that lets you draw a box around what you want to capture, and I use my mouse button to click and hold the button as the moment approaches, and the instant I release the mouse button, my screen freezes and I can draw a box around the image - this is what I was trying to capture for this exercise:
20200131_003.jpg

I know there are a lot of other programs for taking screenshots - I've used this one for years and am used to its quirks. And that's gotten me wondering if the jumping is related to the software you're using for captures - is it something that might also be on my PC, or a separate program like CaptureWiz?

And how do you pause the dvr without getting a More Video block popping up?

Thanks!

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:49 pm

JudyB wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:54 pm
SueB wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:03 pm
Good Afternoon All! I think this may have been reported previously but just wanted to report on what I am experiencing on the Delta 2 Embedded Cam screen. When trying to roll back and grab s'caps so that I can post them, I get to the point I need the s'cap from, which could be a few minutes or more back, and for some reason after a second or more, the embedded cam screen jumps back to LIVE so I am unable to grab s'caps from there. It was even worse just now as I was on the cams and with the wind blowing at Delta I have to pause the rollback so I can get a clear s'cap.....I pause the screen, but a split second later it jumps to LIVE, current time. At this point it is very difficult to grab s'caps from the embedded screen so I've decided to get them from the zoomer screen, which I put on full screen. The only problem with this is that I will miss activity that is happening when I'm not staring at the zoomer cam screen....like while I'm posting.
I'm not sure I completely understand, Sue. I just went to the Live Cams page for Delta, and see an eagle who gave me a nice image at 13:05:59; the dvr has been playing along for over a minute without jumping as I watch the eagle, but I haven't tried taking a screenshot. I'm now going back to before the time stamp I want to capture. And I wasn't quite fast enough clicking the Pause button because I caught the eagle blinking, but the screen is now frozen with a block saying More Videos covering 1/3 of the screen:

20200131_001.jpg

It stays paused while I take the above screenshot; I then click the Close X on the block of videos. It remains paused, but there's still a little box that says More Videos:

20200131_002.jpg

When I clicked the Play icon, the video resumed where it was - and didn't jump ahead.

And I'm sure I'm doing something different than what you're doing, so if you can help me try recreating this, I'll see what I can do.

For what it's worth, I use CaptureWizPro for taking screenshots and videos - and the way the software works is that there's an icon called Area in the dropdown screen that lets you draw a box around what you want to capture, and I use my mouse button to click and hold the button as the moment approaches, and the instant I release the mouse button, my screen freezes and I can draw a box around the image - this is what I was trying to capture for this exercise:

20200131_003.jpg

I know there are a lot of other programs for taking screenshots - I've used this one for years and am used to its quirks. And that's gotten me wondering if the jumping is related to the software you're using for captures - is it something that might also be on my PC, or a separate program like CaptureWiz?

And how do you pause the dvr without getting a More Video block popping up?

Thanks!
Judy, I'm not sure if you are in YouTube when you are using the embedded cam but that is how I am using it. What you mention about the 'more video' option is outside of YouTube, if I remember correctly. In YouTube you do not get that, but for some reason recently when we go back in time, and/or pause the video, it is jumping forward to LIVE, current time. I don't use this feature for any other nest so not sure if this is just an issue with Delta or if there are issue with other YouTube channels. I just know that we didn't use to have a problem with this in the past and now we are.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:24 am

4:15 am just a note to add what Sue mentioned about the Delta 2 west cam DVR recording. I just experienced the same as using youtube versus the cam page. We have an eagle in the nest at this time (4:15 am). I tried to go back through the DVR and the cam would jump from 1:47 am to 4:10 am. Tried several times to pick up the time when the eagle cam to the nest but couldn't after several attempts. Got the same results from the embedded cam page. I had the cam up for several minutes but didn't try to record as was an empty nest and didn't go back with the DVR. So don't think the embedded cam was down.

About seeing the other video listing when pausing on DVR on the cam page, sometimes I get the listing of other videos and sometimes not using the cam page. My thought was when that happened, there was a blip in the DVR recording from the embedded cam but haven't watched closely when it happens. I just recently in the last few days started using the youtube embedded cam and haven't experienced it as yet.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:58 am

SATURDAY , FEBRUARY1, 2020.

Good Morning Judy !

Re H Millls.

The embedded and direct access cams are all down at H Mills since about 9:41pm last night as reported by Yolande ..

BCHydro outages map shows part of the golf course where the nest is located, in the outage area...
screenshot_61.jpg
Thank You '

Bev

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:54 pm

SUNDAY , FEBRUARY 2, 2020

Hi Judy ! I am posting this here for information purposes ..

Re the H Mills embedded cams..

Feb.2 at 8:39a Power is back at H Mills ... Cams are still down

Feb.2 1:03pm N Cam is back ..but no sound ..

It is now 6:46pm nest time.. and no sound on the N Cam.. Marianne, Heather and I all have the problem re the sound .. we are all hoping it will sort itself out... we will wait and see what tomorrow brings :luck:

Lady came to the nest this evening ... :love:

Hugs

Bev

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:08 am

MONDAY , FEBRUARY 3, 202O.

Good Morning Judy !

6:10am
Re H Mills
N Cam has spinning circle ..It is of and on and no sound..

I don't what to suggest :chin:

S Cam is still down

and while I am here N Cam at Surrey Reserve has spinning circle

Thank You

Bev

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:55 am

JudyB wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:31 pm
I'll try a reboot. Maybe that will help with the dvr issue as well.
Thanks Judy !
The N embedded H Mills cam is good right now ... No sound

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:03 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:08 am

Good Morning Judy !

Re H Mills

S Cam is still down

Thank You

Bev
Good morning, Bev -

I'm rebooting Surrey North.

For the record, Surrey South had a two hour gap overnight - not sure when, but when I looked back 12 hours, the time was 14 hours back, if that makes sense.

I kept the Delta 2 West embedded cam streaming on my computer last night - and it isn't showing a gap - when I click to the beginning of the dvr, the time stamp is 12 hours earlier.

However, I also kept Surrey South streaming - and it lost 2 hours - so that's not a perfect solution. However, I usually keep both Surrey embedded cams streaming at night, and we seem to be having less skipping in the middle of the night, so I may try Delta for a few more nights, since it's been skipping a lot.

I'm off to check Harrison Mills North - I was hearing choppy sound when I logged in on the direct access/zoomer link yesterday, and am wondering if that's still there; if it is, I'll check some settings.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:07 am

JudyB wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:03 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:08 am

Good Morning Judy !

Re H Mills

S Cam is still down

Thank You

Bev
Good morning, Bev -

I'm rebooting Surrey North.

For the record, Surrey South had a two hour gap overnight - not sure when, but when I looked back 12 hours, the time was 14 hours back, if that makes sense.

I kept the Delta 2 West embedded cam streaming on my computer last night - and it isn't showing a gap - when I click to the beginning of the dvr, the time stamp is 12 hours earlier.

However, I also kept Surrey South streaming - and it lost 2 hours - so that's not a perfect solution. However, I usually keep both Surrey embedded cams streaming at night, and we seem to be having less skipping in the middle of the night, so I may try Delta for a few more nights, since it's been skipping a lot.

I'm off to check Harrison Mills North - I was hearing choppy sound when I logged in on the direct access/zoomer link yesterday, and am wondering if that's still there; if it is, I'll check some settings.
Thank You Judy !

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:58 am

8:54a
I just noticed the AD is gone from top of the page above the cams ... thank you David Hathaway !

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:39 am

TUESDAY , FEBRUARY 4, 2020.

Good Morning Judy!

Re Surrey Reserve N Cam

5:33a N Cam is sputtering .. I suspect a reboot will fix that .. one of many says you :)

Thank You
Bev

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:47 am

Hi again Judy

4:46a N cam at H Mills is stopping and going !

Thank you

Bev

ETA

Hi again Judy ... 8:03 .. N cam is fine now... It seems to have corrected itself

8:30am

Sorry .N Cam at Mills... stopping and going again !
'

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:24 am

Harrison Mills North rebooted.

Update on overnight dvr gaps...

I left Surrey North and Delta West embedded cams streaming overnight. Both had gaps of a couple of hours; they weren't at the same exact time, but there was enough overlap that my computer went to sleep (it doesn't if a cam is streaming).

Again, not sure what - if anything - this proves, but I'm looking for a pattern.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:18 am

February 5, 2020

Report on overnight dvr gaps

I left both Surrey cams and Delta West streaming overnight; the dvr for all three goes back 12 hours to a time stamp that's approximately 12 hours ago, so no gaps.

The dvr for Harrison North goes back 12 hours from 6:58 am today to 1:40 pm yesterday; that's 17 hours and 18 minutes ago, so there's a gap (or combination of gaps) adding up to 5 hours and 18 minutes. (As a bonus, while I was checking I got to see a lovely little tour of the snowy landscape from yesterday afternoon.)

White Rock CU says it's 12 hours and goes from 7:04 am today to 6:16 pm yesterday, so there's a gap of 48 minutes.

White Rock WA says 12 hours and goes from 7:06 am today to 11:18 am yesterday, which means there's a 19 hour and 48 minute period covered by the 12 hours of recording, so a gap (or set of gaps) of 7 hours, 48 minutes.

White Rock North embedded is offline - I'll look into that when I finish with this report.

Delta East has been offline for several days and is waiting for a site visit from Ken.

Harrison South has been offline since a recent power outage; we're hoping it will come back on its own, which seems to happen from time to time with the HM cams.

Happily I found an online time duration calculator - way too early in the day for me to do this much math!

Off to check White Rock North.

Added - someone else rebooted White Rock North - thanks, Zoomer, and lovely view of the eagle there! No gap report because the dvr reset with the reboot.

Return to “Technical Help”