Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:59 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:33 pm
Hi Judy, Linux's message reminded me of a post on FB under the most recent puzzle that someone could not get to the cams. This is their message from yesterday: When I click on the link above for the cameras the cameras don't work. The link they are referring to is the link to the main page with all of the nest links. I responded the cams were working and to check again. I wonder if something is indeed happening in the background. Anyway, just thought I would mention it since another person mentioned it.
Thanks, Sandy! If Linux and I find a solution, we can definitely let the person on Facebook know!

Linuxgw2

Post by Linuxgw2 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:08 pm

JudyB and Sandy,

Thank you for the technical advice.

The 1st link JudyB gave me yes , youtube Delta 2 east cam , I can access that cam, works fine. ( Yes)

The 2nd link, which is the backup for the Surrey Reserve South cam comes up with the same error message on the cam. (No)

The 3rd link, Big Bear in California link, I can access that cam as well, cam works fine. (Yes)

I did turn my computer off, reset and updated.
Still no cams. Hopefully it will reset itself. I did go out of forum and the cam sites yesterday as requested on forum while doing the streaming updates.

I will keep plugging away at figuring it out and if I am able to get them back I will pass on the information as well here to you and Sandy.
Thank you again for your technical advice.

Linuxgw2

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:34 pm

Linuxgw2 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:08 pm
JudyB and Sandy,

Thank you for the technical advice.

The 1st link JudyB gave me yes , youtube Delta 2 east cam , I can access that cam, works fine. ( Yes)

<- snip ->

Linuxgw2
I've just heard from another person having the same problem, so it definitely is an issue with something.

Temporary workaround, since direct links to YouTube apparently work:

Delta East - https://youtu.be/Ky0o3SCKsyY
Delta West - https://youtu.be/OLs2NzRVvNA

Harrison North - https://youtu.be/6kMNxRRVlY8

Surrey Reserve North - https://youtu.be/lOlVonG5xBQ
Surrey Reserve South - https://youtu.be/bQ3eV11XRHE

White Rock CU - https://youtu.be/bLTGMwriEc8
White Rock WA - https://youtu.be/pdI2Eexi5NI
White Rock North - https://youtu.be/HsSRBjhUa2A

Please note that YouTube changes these fairly often, but you should be able to find the new one by right-clicking on our cam link and copying the video URL.

I forgot to ask two more things - do you have a PC or a Mac? And have you done updates to anything in the last day or two.

It seems that something is not compatible with something - but I am not yet sure what. Thanks!

Linuxgw2

Post by Linuxgw2 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:57 pm

JudyB,

I have a PC laptop , no I have not done any updates the last day or two.

I as well tried the cam sites on my other PC laptop I have just to see if it was my main computer having issues and I cannot
get the cams on the other laptop PC either. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't my main laptop having connection issues.
I as well tried the cam site on my husbands computer and same response.

So maybe with someone else having the issue its in the mainframe somewhere on the update, troubleshooting I'm sure we will figure it out.

Thank you for the links to the cams, I will use them in the mean time until figure out the main cam site connections..
Thank you for your help.

I will keep plugging away to figure it out. I will check back here for advice or updates on tech issues and if i figure it out i will post it here for anyone else having issues. We have a little time before out eagles start the season so gives us time.

I cant thank you enough JudyB for your support and advice.

Linuxgw2

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:36 am

Sunday JANUARY 16 , 2022

Good Morning Judy .....
Re the H Mills N Cam .it has Black Screen
NPTZ Cam is is streaming
screenshot_26.png
I think a reboot of the N Embedded Cam is all that is needed.
Thank you
Bev

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:19 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:36 am

Good Morning Judy .....
NPTZ Cam is is streaming

Thank you
Bev
Oops - sorry, Bev - I usually check first thing in the morning, but didn't think to do that today. It's streaming again now, as of 7:18 am. And I didn't need to reboot the camera - all it needed was for the link from my laptop to the camera to be refreshed.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:32 am

Good Morning All! The Delta 2 West Embedded cam went offline at 5:45 am this morning. The East cam seems to be okay. I will log into the zoomer cams to check them now.

Edit: both zoomer cams are up & running at Delta.
Last edited by SueB on Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

amyklai
Zoomer

Post by amyklai » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:33 am

7.32a WR/WA/ NORTH, no live stream available again

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:51 am

SueB wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:32 am
Good Morning All! The Delta 2 West Embedded cam went offline at 5:45 am this morning. The East cam seems to be okay. I will log into the zoomer cams to check them now.

Edit: both zoomer cams are up & running at Delta.
Thanks for letting me know the zoomer cams are working, Sue - one less thing to check. And great job finding the pair in the fog on the East cam (I was peeking in to see if West was still down since Ken had restarted the White Rock streams).

I'll send him a message about Delta West.

Added - Surrey North embedded just froze at 7:42 am; I notified Ken about that as well.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:07 am

JudyB wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:19 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:36 am

Good Morning Judy .....
NPTZ Cam is is streaming

Thank you
Bev
Oops - sorry, Bev - I usually check first thing in the morning, but didn't think to do that today. It's streaming again now, as of 7:18 am. And I didn't need to reboot the camera - all it needed was for the link from my laptop to the camera to be refreshed.
Thanks so much Judy!

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:29 am

10:27 am

Ken has restarted the streams for Delta West and Surrey North - :ty:

And now White Rock CU embedded is frozen as of a little after 10 am; I've sent Ken a message.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:31 am

Judy and Linux. I saw a post this morning Big Bear eagle cam is having the same issue with the embedded cams... live event is no longer available. Also saw this morning someone posted a work around from the SWFL page. They are using Chrome and went to advanced settings to restore to default settings. Additionally someone mentioned explore.org is having the same issue. So it maybe a Chrome problem. Another posted they switched to Edge to view the cam. Just passing on what I have read about this problem.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:33 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:31 am
Judy and Linux. I saw a post this morning Big Bear eagle cam is having the same issue with the embedded cams... live event is no longer available. Also saw this morning someone posted a work around from the SWFL page. They are using Chrome and went to advanced settings to restore to default settings. Additionally someone mentioned explore.org is having the same issue. So it maybe a Chrome problem. Another posted they switched to Edge to view the cam. Just passing on what I have read about this problem.
Thanks so much, Sandy!

Linuxgw2

Post by Linuxgw2 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:05 pm

JudyB and Sandy,

Sandy, thank you for the post on others having an issue in Chrome and what to possibly try to restore the cams.

I have Chrome for my Browser and so to see others having same issue it may be a Chrome issue.

I did it, I went to my advanced settings and then default settings and basically had to reset my default settings. IT WORKED!!!!
This is something to pass along for others using Chrome to try resetting the default. I followed from Google how to reset in chome and it was easy..

I can give you to info to pass along to anyone having an issue if you would like or you can let them know to google "HOW TO RESET GOOGLE CHROME WEB BROWSER. ! instructions are easy.

Thank you Sandy for the heads up from other viewers and Thank you JudyB for all your Technical help and advice.

One Happy Eagle watcher!!!!!! The simple things in life that gives us the simpliest pleasure!

Linuxgw2

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:20 pm

Linuxgw2 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:05 pm
JudyB and Sandy,

Sandy, thank you for the post on others having an issue in Chrome and what to possibly try to restore the cams.

I have Chrome for my Browser and so to see others having same issue it may be a Chrome issue.

I did it, I went to my advanced settings and then default settings and basically had to reset my default settings. IT WORKED!!!!
This is something to pass along for others using Chrome to try resetting the default. I followed from Google how to reset in chome and it was easy..

I can give you to info to pass along to anyone having an issue if you would like or you can let them know to google "HOW TO RESET GOOGLE CHROME WEB BROWSER. ! instructions are easy.

Thank you Sandy for the heads up from other viewers and Thank you JudyB for all your Technical help and advice.

One Happy Eagle watcher!!!!!! The simple things in life that gives us the simpliest pleasure!

Linuxgw2
Hooray! Thanks so much for letting us know, Linux, and happy eagle watching! :hooray:

Return to “Technical Help”