Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 85713
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Sat May 15, 2021 1:57 pm

Good Afternoon Judy
:
1:07pm The H Mills N Cam has Black Scren....The NPTZ Cam is streaming,,

Thank You
Bev
Image

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

DDuckies2
Zoomer
Posts: 8258
Joined: Feb 22, 2018
Location: White Rock/Surrey BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by DDuckies2 » Sat May 15, 2021 2:06 pm

WHITE ROCK WA streaming has been frozen since 11:35am .
:grhug:

amyklai
Topic Assistant
Posts: 8640
Joined: Feb 22, 2018

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by amyklai » Sat May 15, 2021 2:16 pm

2.15p I cant control any of the ZOOM cams at WR , no responce

User avatar
Yolande
Topic Assistant
Posts: 9476
Joined: Feb 22, 2018

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Yolande » Sat May 15, 2021 2:26 pm

Afternoon!

The HM N embedded cam is black screen - it has been black for f few minutes now..

Thanks...

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 10456
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sat May 15, 2021 2:35 pm

Thanks, everyone!

Message sent to Ken about the issues at White Rock and the black screen at Harrison Mills.

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 10456
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sat May 15, 2021 3:22 pm

White Rock and Harrison North cams are all streaming.

French Creek just went to black screen - will wait a bit before I tell Ken in case he's rebooting that as well.

amyklai
Topic Assistant
Posts: 8640
Joined: Feb 22, 2018

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by amyklai » Sun May 16, 2021 11:08 am

11.08a WR/ NORTH zoom cam is black screen
Attachments
Screenshot_40.jpg

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 10456
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sun May 16, 2021 1:16 pm

I just talked with Ken, and French Creek is streaming again.

He can not connect with the North cam at White Rock (neither can I), so he's left a message for the person at the site who helps with some of that, asking that the computer on site be rebooted.

When that happens, the CU/West cam will also go down briefly - they share a computer and modem.

Not sure when that will happen, and hopefully all will be well soon.

amyklai
Topic Assistant
Posts: 8640
Joined: Feb 22, 2018

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by amyklai » Sun May 16, 2021 2:16 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 1:16 pm
I just talked with Ken, and French Creek is streaming again.

He can not connect with the North cam at White Rock (neither can I), so he's left a message for the person at the site who helps with some of that, asking that the computer on site be rebooted.

When that happens, the CU/West cam will also go down briefly - they share a computer and modem.

Not sure when that will happen, and hopefully all will be well soon.
Thanks Judy, CU has gone down too/ streaming

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 10456
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sun May 16, 2021 2:41 pm

amyklai wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 2:16 pm
JudyB wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 1:16 pm
I just talked with Ken, and French Creek is streaming again.

He can not connect with the North cam at White Rock (neither can I), so he's left a message for the person at the site who helps with some of that, asking that the computer on site be rebooted.

When that happens, the CU/West cam will also go down briefly - they share a computer and modem.

Not sure when that will happen, and hopefully all will be well soon.
Thanks Judy, CU has gone down too/ streaming
I can log into the CU cam using the zoomer link, so I think we need Ken to restart the stream to YouTube. I just sent him a message asking him to do that.

I still cannot log into the North cam using the zoomer link, so that may be a more complicated fix; hopefully we'll at least have the CU back soon, and the WA is streaming now.

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 85713
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Sun May 16, 2021 5:28 pm

HI Judy
Re the H Mills
N Cam had Black Screen
\
screenshot_36.jpg
\
Last live stream was 4:46pm

I can't connect to the NPTZ Cam
screenshot_38.jpg
TY Bev
Image

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 10456
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sun May 16, 2021 5:35 pm

IrishEyes wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 5:28 pm
HI Judy
Re the H Mills
N Cam had Black Screen
\screenshot_36.jpg
\
Last live stream was 4:46pm

I can't connect to the NPTZ Cam screenshot_38.jpg

TY Bev
Thanks, Bev - I also cannot connect using the zoomer link, and I've let Ken know, but I'm not sure how much he'll be able to do remotely. Keeping fingers crossed.

French Creek embedded is also streaming a black screen, but I can log in there, so Ken will probably be able to get that restarted later this evening.

Ken has done everything he can remotely and working with someone at the site to get the White Rock North cam back up and it's not working, so he'll need to make a site visit, and that may not happen for a couple of days. Fortunately the Closeup and Wide Angle cams there are working, so we can keep an eye on the tiny new chick.

Cams and Surrey Reserve and Delta seem to be working - hopefully that will continue.


Good night, everyone!

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 85713
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Sun May 16, 2021 5:41 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 5:35 pm
IrishEyes wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 5:28 pm
HI Judy
Re the H Mills
N Cam had Black Screen
\screenshot_36.jpg
\
Last live stream was 4:46pm

I can't connect to the NPTZ Cam screenshot_38.jpg

TY Bev
Thanks, Bev - I also cannot connect using the zoomer link, and I've let Ken know, but I'm not sure how much he'll be able to do remotely. Keeping fingers crossed.

French Creek embedded is also streaming a black screen, but I can log in there, so Ken will probably be able to get that restarted later this evening.

Ken has done everything he can remotely and working with someone at the site to get the White Rock North cam back up and it's not working, so he'll need to make a site visit, and that may not happen for a couple of days. Fortunately the Closeup and Wide Angle cams there are working, so we can keep an eye on the tiny new chick.

Cams and Surrey Reserve and Delta seem to be working - hopefully that will continue.


Good night, everyone!

Thanks Judy.. Goodnight everyone :grhug:
Image

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
Sandy_W
Topic Assistant
Posts: 41197
Joined: Feb 22, 2018
Location: Arkansas

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Sandy_W » Mon May 17, 2021 6:58 am

6:56 am at Delta, the west embedded cams is frozen at 6:36 am.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 10456
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Mon May 17, 2021 7:20 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:58 am
6:56 am at Delta, the west embedded cams is frozen at 6:36 am.
Thanks, Sandy -

I've sent a message to Ken. Harrison North and French Creek were up when I checked, so I think the only cam offline is White Rock North, which Ken is hoping to visit sometime this week.

And of course Harrison Mills South, which may still come back up on its own eventually, but a site visit is unlikely since they haven't produced eggs.


Added - Delta West is back as of 7:30 am.

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 85713
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Tue May 18, 2021 4:15 am

TUESDAY May 18 , 2021

Good Morning Judy ..

3:59 am.. Re SR Embedded cams..
Both have Black Screen......Last live stream was 1:19a

Thank You
Bev
Image

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 10456
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Tue May 18, 2021 5:13 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:15 am
TUESDAY May 18 , 2021

Good Morning Judy ..

3:59 am.. Re SR Embedded cams..
Both have Black Screen......Last live stream was 1:19a

Thank You
Bev
Thanks, Bev - sent message to Ken about them and French Creek. All cams are OK, so we just need him to restart the streams.

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 85713
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Tue May 18, 2021 5:43 am

JudyB wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 5:13 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:15 am
TUESDAY May 18 , 2021

Good Morning Judy ..

3:59 am.. Re SR Embedded cams..
Both have Black Screen......Last live stream was 1:19a

Thank You
Bev
Thanks, Bev - sent message to Ken about them and French Creek. All cams are OK, so we just need him to restart the streams.
Thanks Judy !
Image

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
Sandy_W
Topic Assistant
Posts: 41197
Joined: Feb 22, 2018
Location: Arkansas

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Sandy_W » Tue May 18, 2021 5:52 am

5:51 am the Delta east embedded cam has going offline with a message video unavailable.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 10456
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Tue May 18, 2021 6:23 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 5:52 am
5:51 am the Delta east embedded cam has going offline with a message video unavailable.
Thanks, Sandy - message sent.

Surrey and French Creek cams are back, and Delta East was streaming after I reloaded the page (it had been streaming during my earlier check, then went off) - so Ken may have already restarted that one.

DDuckies2
Zoomer
Posts: 8258
Joined: Feb 22, 2018
Location: White Rock/Surrey BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by DDuckies2 » Tue May 18, 2021 4:29 pm

WHITE ROCK . The live stream for WA has been frozen since 4pm. :(
:grhug:

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 10456
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Tue May 18, 2021 5:43 pm

DDuckies2 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:29 pm
WHITE ROCK . The live stream for WA has been frozen since 4pm. :(
Message sent to Ken. Thanks for letting us know, DDuckies!

User avatar
Jean
Topic Assistant
Posts: 29916
Joined: Feb 19, 2018
Location: Langley, BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Jean » Tue May 18, 2021 8:00 pm

8:00pm.....Both the embedded cams at Delta2 are going off. They come back on every now and then, we see spinning circles then they go offline again.

9:29pm.........Both embedded cams are streaming at this time.
Last edited by Jean on Tue May 18, 2021 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

User avatar
Yolande
Topic Assistant
Posts: 9476
Joined: Feb 22, 2018

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Yolande » Tue May 18, 2021 8:05 pm

Evening ...

The N embedded cam at HM is a black screen...

Thanks!

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 10456
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Wed May 19, 2021 1:47 am

Yolande wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:05 pm
Evening ...

The N embedded cam at HM is a black screen...

Thanks!
Thanks, Yolande - looking OK now (1:42 am) so I suspect Ken caught it and restarted the stream.

All cams seem to be working at the moment except White Rock North; the cam itself is working, but the embedded cam is showing a black screen.

User avatar
RoseA
Zoomer
Posts: 3829
Joined: Jun 04, 2018
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by RoseA » Wed May 19, 2021 1:23 pm

The Delta West embedded cam was frozen for a short while this morning and came back on it's own... !

Since it's been back, it's been jerky, meaning skipping several seconds at a time.

If you get a chance can you look into it.
Thanks............../Roseann
“The eyesight for an eagle is what thought is to a man.”
― Dejan Stojanovic, The Creator

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 10456
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Wed May 19, 2021 1:42 pm

RoseA wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:23 pm
The Delta West embedded cam was frozen for a short while this morning and came back on it's own... !

Since it's been back, it's been jerky, meaning skipping several seconds at a time.

If you get a chance can you look into it.
Thanks............../Roseann
Thanks, Roseann - I've sent a message to Ken asking him to take a look.

User avatar
RoseA
Zoomer
Posts: 3829
Joined: Jun 04, 2018
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by RoseA » Wed May 19, 2021 2:44 pm

JudyB wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:42 pm
RoseA wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:23 pm
The Delta West embedded cam was frozen for a short while this morning and came back on it's own... !

Since it's been back, it's been jerky, meaning skipping several seconds at a time.

If you get a chance can you look into it.
Thanks............../Roseann
Thanks, Roseann - I've sent a message to Ken asking him to take a look.
Thanks! I've noticed it's not skipping now... so good, but the West cam is approx 3 min behind the East one.
“The eyesight for an eagle is what thought is to a man.”
― Dejan Stojanovic, The Creator

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 10456
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Wed May 19, 2021 2:50 pm

RoseA wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 2:44 pm
JudyB wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:42 pm
RoseA wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:23 pm
The Delta West embedded cam was frozen for a short while this morning and came back on it's own... !

Since it's been back, it's been jerky, meaning skipping several seconds at a time.

If you get a chance can you look into it.
Thanks............../Roseann
Thanks, Roseann - I've sent a message to Ken asking him to take a look.
Thanks! I've noticed it's not skipping now... so good, but the West cam is approx 3 min behind the East one.
Ken and I both noticed the time difference when we looked at the embedded cams a couple of minutes ago - but Ken also looked at the computer that is receiving the feed from the cams and sending that feed to YouTube - and it's showing roughly the same time on both cams. We think this means that for some reason there's a bit of a delay at YouTube - and there's really nothing we can do about that. Hopefully it will correct itself before too long.

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 10456
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Wed May 19, 2021 2:53 pm

2:50 pm

Ken called to report that the North cam at White Rock has gone down again and he cannot connect with it remotely. He's not going to try anything tonight (other than hoping that it comes back on its own) because it shares equipment at the site with the CU/West cam, which is the one we're using to watch tiny eaglet Romeo. He did try rebooting things there the last time this happened, and it didn't help, so he's skipping that step this time. He will try to make another site visit at some point, but isn't sure when that might happen.

Post Reply

Return to “Technical Help”