Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:01 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:32 am

Good Morning Judy !

6:30a,.. The Surrey S Cam has spinning circle
Good morning, Bev!

Surrey South rebooted.

Audio settings for Harrison North look OK, though maybe a little lower than some other cams - nothing more I can do remotely.

Harrison South is still offline, and will probably need a site visit, probably after the holidays. Hopefully Ken will be able to fix the sound on the North cam at the same time.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:06 am

JudyB wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:01 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:32 am

Good Morning Judy !

6:30a,.. The Surrey S Cam has spinning circle
Good morning, Bev!

Surrey South rebooted.

Audio settings for Harrison North look OK, though maybe a little lower than some other cams - nothing more I can do remotely.

Harrison South is still offline, and will probably need a site visit, probably after the holidays. Hopefully Ken will be able to fix the sound on the North cam at the same time.

Thanks so much Judy ! :huggie: and hopefully Ken can do both on his site visit ! :luck: A huge thank you to Ken for all you do ! :grhug:

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:56 am

I sent Ken a text message about Surrey South - he said the spinning circle there is generally a Wowza issue.

I'll be offline at least most of the afternoon.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:06 pm

JudyB wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:56 am
I sent Ken a text message about Surrey South - he said the spinning circle there is generally a Wowza issue.

I'll be offline at least most of the afternoon.
Thanks Judy and have a good afternoon !

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:18 am

Good morning, everyone! I thought I'd post the current map of outages from BC Hydro
20181221_001.jpg

It was a very major storm.

Only the Delta 2 cams are streaming, as far as I can tell - and looking at all the outages, I'm surprised that even one nest still has power.

Sending good thoughts to all the people and animals affected by this massive storm. :grhug:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:30 am

Good very early morning, everyone.

White Rock cams are back up!

Keeping fingers crossed for Harrison Mills and Surrey Reserve.

:offtobed:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:44 pm

2:38 pm
Ken is on his way to check on the Surrey Reserve cams - his guess is that the power was out for long enough so the internet provider assigned a new IP address to the cams. He'll be able to get that from the equipment on site, and then plug it into his computer when he gets back home - and hopefully we'll be back on line in a few hours.

It looks from the BC Power outages map as if the big outage near Harrison Mills has been fixed - but it does seem to take a while for the cams to restart after an outage, and it might require a site visit, which is not likely to happen until after the 25th. But the North cam does sometimes come back on its own, and the South cam has done that occasionally as well, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for a happy holiday surprise. :luck:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:07 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:44 pm
2:38 pm
Ken is on his way to check on the Surrey Reserve cams - his guess is that the power was out for long enough so the internet provider assigned a new IP address to the cams. He'll be able to get that from the equipment on site, and then plug it into his computer when he gets back home - and hopefully we'll be back on line in a few hours.

It looks from the BC Power outages map as if the big outage near Harrison Mills has been fixed - but it does seem to take a while for the cams to restart after an outage, and it might require a site visit, which is not likely to happen until after the 25th. But the North cam does sometimes come back on its own, and the South cam has done that occasionally as well, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for a happy holiday surprise. :luck:
Thanks so much Judy for the updates and you Ken for all you do and good luck !

Have a wonderful Christmas Judy and Ken !

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:23 am

WHITE ROCK SOUTH AXIS zoom cam down. Also live stream down. :)
:grhug:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:56 am

DDuckies2 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:23 am
WHITE ROCK SOUTH AXIS zoom cam down. Also live stream down. :)
Thanks, Dianne - I'll let Ken know. I'm going to ask Ken to give priority to Surrey Reserve because both cams are down there, and the other three White Rock cams are up - but they're not that far apart so perhaps he'll be able to check them both on the same trip.

Has the live stream been up at all? I know Ken has been trying to figure out why it won't stream to YouTube, but hadn't heard that he's succeeded.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:13 pm

1:12 pm
I just found a message from Ken sent around 12:20 - the Surrey Reserve cams are back (thank you, Ken!) and he says he'll be working on the rest.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:47 am

9:46 am - Good Morning All! The Delta 2 Embedded cams went down at 9:39 am. I was on the zoomer cams at the time and they did not go down. I logged off the zoomer cams at 9:42 am and they were still fine so I think it's just the embedded cams that are down at this point.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:52 am

Surrey and White Rock embedded cams went down about the same time - I'm guessing Ken's doing something with the Wowza server - will go find my cell phone to see if he sent me a message.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:37 am

11:29 am
I just heard from Ken - it was an issue with the modem at his place that connects to the high speed line he's using for the cameras. He's switched them to his regular internet service for now (which means we might have a bit more buffering, though we're hoping not), and a technician is coming on Sunday to figure out what's wrong with the modem.

For now - Delta 2, Surrey Reserve and the usual 3 cams at White Rock are streaming; the Harrison Mills cams may still come up on their own at some point - or Ken may need to make a site visit after the first of the year. And much as I miss seeing them (and reading the great coverage), it may be helpful if they don't come up in terms of keeping things streaming on the slower connection.

And on that note, the Surrey embedded cams just went down. As did Delta. I'm not going to bother checking White Rock - and with luck Ken was just rebooting something and they'll be back soon.

Stay tuned.

11:39 am
They're back!

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:13 pm

SATURDAY , DECEMBER 29, 2018

Good Afternoon Judy!

11:50a
S Surrey Cam has spinning circle

Thanks
Bev!

PS Thanks for the update on the cams from Dec. 28 Judy!

Return to “Technical Help”