Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:52 pm

Kitcat11848 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:48 pm
JudyB wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:35 pm
Kitcat11848 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:05 pm

I've done that numerous times and it works for the first time but the next time I quit the forum, I still have to log in. Right now, I just log in each time but it's pretty aggravating and time consuming.
Thanks, Marianne. Too late for my brain to function tonight, but I'll take a look at that in the morning.
no rush; maybe need to reregister?????
I don't think that would help - but need to be a bit more awake to think about what will help. Will take a look in the morning.

A thought - do you have another browser on your computer or would you consider downloading Chrome or Firefox or whatever you're not using to see if that helps? Or just wait until morning when hopefully my brain will be a bit more functional. Have a good evening!

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:48 am

THURSDAY JANUARY 20 , 2022

Good Morning Judy

Re H Mills N Embedded Cam
4:22a Cam has Black Screen
Last live feed was around 1:06am
4:24 The NPTZ Cam is streaming
Thank You
Bev

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:46 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:48 am

Good Morning Judy

Thank You
Bev
Thanks, Bev - I've restarted the stream.

5:43 am
Surrey North, Delta West, White Rock WA and North embedded are all frozen - I've sent a message to Ken.

The cams themselves are all OK.

Time for :coffee2:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:52 am

JudyB wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:46 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:48 am

Good Morning Judy

Thank You
Bev
Thanks, Bev - I've restarted the stream.

5:43 am
Surrey North, Delta West, White Rock WA and North embedded are all frozen - I've sent a message to Ken.

The cams themselves are all OK.

Time for :coffee2:
Thanks Judy ... enjoy your :coffee2:

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:49 am

8:41 am from Delta west cam. The east cam has gotten really dirty and smudgy so hard to get a good look at the west cam without the blur.
2022-01-20_10-44-24.jpg
2022-01-20_10-44-36.jpg
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:52 am

8:49 am Hi Judy, since the form went through the change, I have to log in each time for the Delta zoomer schedule. This is the only thread I need to do so not a big deal. Just thought I would mention it. Rose from Delta said she had to do the same but Jean said she didn't.
2022-01-20_10-49-03.jpg
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:53 pm

2:48pm.....Also at Delta2, ever since the server change we've been hearing a sort of squealy, static like sound on the E zoomer cam. It is periodic but got progressively worse as I stayed on the cam just now. Have to turn the sound down as it is very annoying.

On another note, for me, the E cam has not been running as smoothly as before. I've had lots of problems with the cam not responding right away and some sticking while using them.

I've only been using the E cam so don't know if there is an issue with the W cam.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:26 am

Hi Judy
04h23 At Delta2, East cam is frozen (01h55 am)
:bye 1:
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:23 am

Philjo56France wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:26 am
Hi Judy
04h23 At Delta2, East cam is frozen (01h55 am)
Thanks, Philjo - message sent.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:52 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:52 am
8:49 am Hi Judy, since the form went through the change, I have to log in each time for the Delta zoomer schedule. This is the only thread I need to do so not a big deal. Just thought I would mention it. Rose from Delta said she had to do the same but Jean said she didn't.2022-01-20_10-49-03.jpg
Jean wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:53 pm
2:48pm.....Also at Delta2, ever since the server change we've been hearing a sort of squealy, static like sound on the E zoomer cam. It is periodic but got progressively worse as I stayed on the cam just now. Have to turn the sound down as it is very annoying.

On another note, for me, the E cam has not been running as smoothly as before. I've had lots of problems with the cam not responding right away and some sticking while using them.

I've only been using the E cam so don't know if there is an issue with the W cam.
Thanks, Sandy, Jean and Rose! I'll try to take a look at the log-in issues today; Jean is a TA for the zoomer area so she can update the schedule and remove old posts - and that shouldn't make it easier for her to stay signed in, but it's the only difference that occurs to me. I think all the log-in issues are related to cookies that haven't updated, but can't think why they would be different in a private area, though maybe that has different cookies?

As to the sound issues, I sent this to Ken along with your comments, Jean:

The server change is likely responsible for the issues some people are having with logging in, but I don't think there's any way it could affect the control of the cams or the sound. As zoomers we are logging directly into the cams, not going through the website.

I also have been hearing a lot of static and annoying noise when I log into the East cam - and my guess is that something may be bumping the mic or the wire from the mic is coming loose. Ken - I looked at the settings, and didn't see anything that might reduce the static - do you have any suggestions? My suspicion is that if it is a loose connection or problem with the wire, it's in the tree - but is there anything you might be able to check on the ground?

As for the controls sticking, that is usually an internet issue, either with the service at the site or with the zoomer's internet speed - but occasionally it does help to reboot the cam. Ken, if Delta East hasn't been rebooted recently, would you please try that?

The zoomers are generally not using the West cam; I think they log in to move it when the branch shifts or occasionally for a quick check of places only it can see, but we are nervous that moving it will add to the strain on the straps that are keeping the the cam and the upper branch from falling to the ground. Any thoughts about that?

I'm posting it here as part of the record and in case other folks looking in have additional suggestions.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:21 am

10:21am.....Thanks Judy. I know you will all be working on this. I just checked the forum and see that Sue is also having difficulties so hopefully she will post here as well.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

RoseA
Topic Assistant

Post by RoseA » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:42 pm

5:42pm Just noticed the West embedded cam at Delta is frozen at 5:25pm.
“The eyesight for an eagle is what thought is to a man.”
― Dejan Stojanovic, The Creator

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:44 pm

RoseA wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:42 pm
5:42pm Just noticed the West embedded cam at Delta is frozen at 5:25pm.
Thanks, Rose - I'll send Ken a message.

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:35 pm

Judy, I don’t know what else I can do on my end to resolve my log-in issues. I think it might be just on my MacBook Air bc my iPad seems to be ok. It’s just much harder to s’cap and convert to jpeg on the iPad. I have deleted history, cookies, done a networks reset, but the forum isn’t remembering my log-in. I’ll keep working on it but it sounds like a few others might be experiencing log-in issues too. (Philjo and Sandy). Well, just as soon as I said my iPad was ok, I had the same problem; lose out the forum then try to get back on and I have to log-in again. :dunno: :banghead:

Marianne
AKA: Marianne

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:30 pm

Hi Judy
22h26 At Delta2, East cam is frozen (17h38)

00h58 working good! :thumlft:
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Return to “Technical Help”