Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
DDuckies2
Zoomer

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by DDuckies2 » Tue May 09, 2023 3:26 pm

WHITE ROCK
CU stream is running on slow mo. I double checked that I had it set for regular speed. So the time is showing 2:53pm and real time is 3:23pm
:grhug:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue May 09, 2023 3:28 pm

DDuckies2 wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 3:26 pm
WHITE ROCK
CU stream is running on slow mo. I double checked that I had it set for regular speed. So the time is showing 2:53pm and real time is 3:23pm
Thanks, DDuckies - I'll let Ken know.

amyklai
Zoomer

Post by amyklai » Thu May 11, 2023 7:03 am

7.00a Good morning, NORTH at WR is running 15 minutes behind

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Thu May 11, 2023 4:00 pm

3:59pm.....Cams at SR really hard to control, on and off. Delays in their moving............and the pixelating of the picture on the rollback makes it difficult to capture a s'cap from it.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

amyklai
Zoomer

Post by amyklai » Sat May 13, 2023 7:52 am

7.51a WR / NORTH is running behind

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat May 13, 2023 8:26 am

Amyklai wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 7:52 am
7.51a WR / NORTH is running behind
Thanks, Amy -

I still have a hard time reading the time stamp on that cam, but as far as I can tell, it says 8:24 the same as the other cams, so I'm guessing Ken noticed it and refreshed the stream.

Please let me know if I'm missing something - thanks!

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Sun May 14, 2023 8:52 am

WHITE ROCK
NORTH is streaming 20 minutes behind.
-------
Judy is it possible to add a long narrow band or strip, like the WA has, in Norths time stamp area? It is so hard to read.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun May 14, 2023 12:03 pm

DDuckies2 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 8:52 am
WHITE ROCK
NORTH is streaming 20 minutes behind.
-------
Judy is it possible to add a long narrow band or strip, like the WA has, in Norths time stamp area? It is so hard to read.
I agree with the hard to read, DDuckies, and I could not see any option to add a background color to the time stamp. There were three sizes of font to choose between - it was on medium and I've changed it to the largest size available. The current color choice is called something like adaptive - it automatically uses white pixels on dark backgrounds and black pixels on white backgrounds. I did try some other colors, and personally didn't find any of them easier to read - but made this collage so you could take a look. The top one is medium font/adaptive, the second one is large/adaptive (which is where I left the cam), and the others are large with red, white, yellow, light blue and dark blue. There are lots more colors to choose from, but I have doubts about any of them showing up well against the moving leaves.
20230513_019.jpg

Happy to try something else if you have a suggestion. The large size is definitely better for me, and still not quite as large as the CU cam, so hopefully won't get in the way.

Thoughts?

PS - forgot to mention that Ken restarted the stream so North is no longer lagging behind.

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Mon May 15, 2023 9:37 am

The large size is definitely better for me, and still not quite as large as the CU cam, so hopefully won't get in the way. :thumlft:
---------------------------
WHITE ROCK
North stream is steadily working its way to lagging further behind. Approx 4 minutes only now but that will increase .

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon May 15, 2023 2:51 pm

DDuckies2 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 9:37 am
The large size is definitely better for me, and still not quite as large as the CU cam, so hopefully won't get in the way. :thumlft:
---------------------------
WHITE ROCK
North stream is steadily working its way to lagging further behind. Approx 4 minutes only now but that will increase .
2:49 pm
Glad the time stamp is working better for you - I'm finding it easier to read though still sometimes need to go to full screen to be sure of the time.

And it's currently showing the correct time, so I suspect Ken refreshed the stream before I noticed your post.

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Tue May 16, 2023 6:23 pm

WHITE ROCK
CU stream is getting arty /breaking up in a colourful way.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Wed May 17, 2023 10:47 am

10:46 am from Surrey Reserve, the zoomer cams are lagging behind again. Noticed it yesterday but this morning, it seemed a bit worse, especially the south cam. Guessing between 3 to 6 seconds at times.

3:06 pm from Surrey, just tried to zoom and had issues. The window to the south zoomer cam has shrunk (wasn't that way this morning). I couldn't get the window to enlarge with the automatic function. The window is small so cannot see the whole view. Also still experiencing delays in the functions. The functions on the north zoomer cam are not properly moving where I want them to go along with delay.

Well, hmm and not sure what to think. I had left the views on the cams in not a good position to logged back on to correct. The north zoomer cam window had corrected itself, I guess.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed May 17, 2023 4:09 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 10:47 am
10:46 am from Surrey Reserve, the zoomer cams are lagging behind again. Noticed it yesterday but this morning, it seemed a bit worse, especially the south cam. Guessing between 3 to 6 seconds at times.

3:06 pm from Surrey, just tried to zoom and had issues. The window to the south zoomer cam has shrunk (wasn't that way this morning). I couldn't get the window to enlarge with the automatic function. The window is small so cannot see the whole view. Also still experiencing delays in the functions. The functions on the north zoomer cam are not properly moving where I want them to go along with delay.

Well, hmm and not sure what to think. I had left the views on the cams in not a good position to logged back on to correct. The north zoomer cam window had corrected itself, I guess.
Thanks, Sandy! I had similar issues (not the tiny screen, but the delay in responding) though it wasn't consistent. I sent a message to Ken, suggesting that maybe rebooting the cams would help.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Thu May 18, 2023 7:56 am

Good Morning All! The Delta 2 West Embedded cam stopped working at 7:51 am.

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Fri May 19, 2023 10:49 am

White Rock
North stream lagging 11 minutes.

Return to “Technical Help”