Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:46 pm

Sandy Jo wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:57 pm
Hi Judy,
I just came in and found that the north cam at White Rock has lagged behind again.
Oh, never mind, I just saw your post on the forum. I missed it somehow...Thanks,
Sandy
You're welcome! I see it's still lagging, and the Harrison Mills cams are still frozen, so I suspect that Ken is busy doing weekend things with family, and will get them restarted next time he's at a computer.

Sandy Jo
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy Jo » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:08 pm

Hi Judy, The North cam is lagging again... Thank you, Sandy Jo

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:20 pm

Sandy Jo wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:08 pm
Hi Judy, The North cam is lagging again... Thank you, Sandy Jo
Thanks, Sandy Jo. I just noticed the Harrison Mills cams were looking very colorful for this time in the evening, and see they are both frozen as well. I think the other streams are all OK.

I'll send Ken a message.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 am

Ken has restarted the stream for White Rock North, so it's showing the current time again.

He has not been able to connect to the cams at Harrison Mills either - will try to check with a contact at the site later today to see if they can check the equipment on site.

Sandy Jo
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy Jo » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:19 am

Hi Judy, WR North is lagging again. :(
Other 2 cams are fine..
thanks, Sandy

Sandy Jo
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy Jo » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:32 am

Hi Judy, WR North cam time is lagging. Other 2 are good. Thanks, Sandy

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:29 am

Sandy Jo wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:32 am
Hi Judy, WR North cam time is lagging. Other 2 are good. Thanks, Sandy
Thanks, Sandy - I think Ken must have noticed and restarted the stream since they all seem to be showing the current time now.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:52 pm

5:45 pm
I'm noticing that most of the streams have gone to unavailable (only ones still up are White Rock WA, White Rock North, and Boundary Bay South) - and knowing that Ken was planning to move the large computer that sends at least most of the streams back to GLS sometime today, I'm guessing he's unplugged that for the transfer, and the three cams still streaming are ones he's currently sending from his own computer.

The cams I've checked are still fine, so zoomers can log in for a look around while things are in transition.

I'll send a message, but may not hear anything back if things are in transition.

Sounds very windy and wet - and it's earlier than we usually see eggs - so hopefully all the eagles are somewhere warm and dry tonight.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:42 pm

10:36 pm
Update from Michael and Ken -

There is still a problem with the internet at GLS, so Ken has taken over streaming Surrey Reserve, White Rock and Boundary Bay, the six cams at the three nests where we are seeing the most eagle activity.

Michael is streaming Mission West - and I think the rest will need to wait until a technician from Telus is able to get out to GLS, which will hopefully happen sometime tomorrow - keeping fingers crossed that it's a quick fix once they get there.

Thanks for your patience, and hopefully everything will be back up in a day or two!

:offtobed:

RoseA
Topic Assistant

Post by RoseA » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:33 am

Boundary Bay South

The sound on the cam seems to be on some weird sound loop or something which started a little after 7am. There is also another sound in there that is not being made by birds (or the water)... like a computer tone or something.
“The eyesight for an eagle is what thought is to a man.”
― Dejan Stojanovic, The Creator

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:21 am

RoseA wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:33 am
Boundary Bay South

The sound on the cam seems to be on some weird sound loop or something which started a little after 7am. There is also another sound in there that is not being made by birds (or the water)... like a computer tone or something.
Thanks - message sent.

I'll be away from the computer for a few hours - if there are other issues, please feel free to email Ken and Michael with a cc to me. Thanks!

PS - looks as if they have a nice deep nest cup prepared - I wouldn't be surprised if they're the first to lay eggs! :love:

RoseA
Topic Assistant

Post by RoseA » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:31 am

JudyB wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:21 am
RoseA wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:33 am
Boundary Bay South

Thanks - message sent.

I'll be away from the computer for a few hours - if there are other issues, please feel free to email Ken and Michael with a cc to me. Thanks!

PS - looks as if they have a nice deep nest cup prepared - I wouldn't be surprised if they're the first to lay eggs! :love:
Me too.

I think the noise has finally stopped. Just what it should be now ( the sound of the wind)... I don't know if logging into the cam and turning the sound on on it made a difference but that's about the time this other incessant noise stopped.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:11 pm

The internet seems to be working again at GLS, and all the cams are streaming except Mission West, which is showing a video from last night; I've sent a message about that and expect it will be back up before too long.

RoseA
Topic Assistant

Post by RoseA » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:16 pm

Delta 2
I know not a priority but the West live stream is a few hours behind.
The East cam took a long time to log into and when I did get in I could only see stuff in low res (stream 3 or 2)... If I tried stream 1, I'd get a black screen.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:31 pm

RoseA wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:16 pm
Delta 2
I know not a priority but the West live stream is a few hours behind.
The East cam took a long time to log into and when I did get in I could only see stuff in low res (stream 3 or 2)... If I tried stream 1, I'd get a black screen.
Thanks, Rose! Both Delta West and Mission West have switched from the live feed to replaying a copy of the most recent archived video (I think when YouTube is no longer getting a live feed, it saves the last 12 hours and may replay that for the cams that need an extra step).

I have sent an email to Michael and Ken, but don't know how often Michael and his team check for messages (the streams are being sent from GLS again, as of this afternoon).

I will need to do the extra step for both of those cams once they're restarted the feed to YouTube - and I was up late last night so may not be online much longer, though life being what it is, I'll probably be up at least once during the night, and will try to peek in then.

Return to “Technical Help”