Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:24 pm

4:21pm,
Re H Mills
Then S Embedded Cam has spinning circle ... I refreshed the cam many times and it doesn't last !

Thank You

Bev

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:03 pm

Thanks, gemini and Bev - I did a reboot of North, and it seems to be streaming on the embedded cam link now, though I needed to refresh the page several times.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:34 pm

JudyB wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:03 pm
Thanks, gemini and Bev - I did a reboot of North, and it seems to be streaming on the embedded cam link now, though I needed to refresh the page several times.

Thanks Judy .. :huggie:

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:39 am

Good Morning Judy,

Some picky observations with SR cams.

Thumbnails stopped working at approx 6:30 am on the SR WA (North) cam and aren't working on the CU (South) cam at all.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:01 am

Thanks, gemini.

I don't know anything we can do about thumbnails - it's been an ongoing hassle at Harrison Mills, and they were back but I haven't checked today. I think it's some combination of YouTube and maybe bandwidth somewhere along the line (not yours or mine - but maybe at the site or maybe what we're sending to YouTube or what YouTube is sending to the web). I know non-HWF cams have been having issues as well, and I haven't found any recommendations online for dealing with the issue, so I think we're sort of stuck with what we've got. The new service Ken is getting is quite a bit faster than this temporary fix (which is quite a bit faster than what we had before Ken moved the server) - so maybe that will help.

I've discovered that sometimes when a cam is fuzzy, the problem is that the speed is down - so I'm wondering if you use the Auto setting
20181101_001.jpg
20181101_001.jpg (8.37 KiB) Viewed 3257 times
which is supposed to give you the best picture your internet can handle - and what was good for black and white was too low for colors and it took a while to fix.

You can tell by hovering over the lower right corner of the screen and clicking the gear icon, which should show you something like this:
20181101_002.jpg
20181101_002.jpg (7.54 KiB) Viewed 3257 times
My internet is good for Maine - around 25 megabytes per second if we're not doing anything on the internet - and it was down to 10 when I had the two SR cams open (and up to 17 when I closed them, but did not close out of other programs (I have several forum windows open and my mail program that checks for mail frequently and I'm not sure what Charlie is doing but he certainly has his mail program open). Cams usually default to 480 for me, though I can put one up to 720HD (and the other may go down to 240 and look fuzzy).

Sound on SR South is choppy, so it may be having some issues - I'll try a reboot and see if that helps.

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:08 am

Thanks, Judy, I have it set for Auto - probably it just needed time to adjust after switching to daytime.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:25 pm

2:22 pm
The embedded cams at Surrey Reserve seem very choppy - not sure if it's my internet connection or something to do with the cams - though I just checked the Harrison Mills cams quickly and they were streaming smoothly. I also tried the direct/zoomer link for Surrey Reserve North, and that seemed to be streaming smoothly.

And Surrey Reserve South is not coming up - though the direct link is running smoothly, and I have both direct links open, so I don't think it's my internet connection. I'll try rebooting South and see if that helps.

2:32 pm
South seems better after a reboot, so I'm rebooting North as well.

And that helped - keeping fingers crossed that both will continue streaming smoothly.

3:18 pm
Well, it helped for a while, but now I have a spinning circle on South, and North is getting choppy. :sigh:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:38 am

Friday, November 2

7:37 am
The embedded cams at Surrey Reserve are down. I've sent an email to Ken. I didn't try rebooting them (the direct access links are working fine so the cams are fine) - wanted Ken to see what was happening without me messing up the evidence. :)

11:05 am
I just called Ken about the Surrey Reserve cams - he'll be taking a look at them soon.

12:02 pm
Surrey Reserve embedded cams are back - thank you, Ken!

Unfortunately South seems a bit choppy - keeping fingers crossed that North continues to stream smoothly - and that both will be better once we have the new faster service coming next week.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:06 pm

The west cam at Delta 2 is offline with a spinning circle. Happened about 2:58 pm. Edit: 3:14 pm the cam is back online.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:45 am

SATURDAY , NOVEMBER 3, 2018

Good Morning

Re H Mills

7:40a, The S Embedded Cam is choppy .. maybe a reboot will help :)

Thank you
Bev

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:20 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:45 am

Good Morning

Re H Mills

Thank you
Bev
Good morning, Bev and all -

I can't get either of the Surrey embedded cams - just spinning circles on a black background, although the cams themselves are fine.

A reboot might help - but Ken is trying to debug the system, so I'll pass the problem on to him and let him decide which things to try first.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:27 am

JudyB wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:20 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:45 am

Good Morning

Re H Mills

Thank you
Bev
Good morning, Bev and all -

I can't get either of the Surrey embedded cams - just spinning circles on a black background, although the cams themselves are fine.

A reboot might help - but Ken is trying to debug the system, so I'll pass the problem on to him and let him decide which things to try first.
Thanks so much Judy and hope Ken can help! :luck:

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:11 pm

4:11pm.............The E embedded cam at Delta2 seems to be stalled at 3:47pm.............W cam is ok.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:37 pm

Jean wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:11 pm
4:11pm.............The E embedded cam at Delta2 seems to be stalled at 3:47pm.............W cam is ok.
7:35 pm
Just checked and both are at the current time now - Ken may have noticed and done a reboot, or it might have been something at YouTube.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:25 am

10:24pm.........At Delta2..............the E embedded cam is constantly having spinning circles and losing time...........it is now 23 minutes behind the actual time.

W Embedded cam is ok.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

Return to “Technical Help”