Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:21 pm

Jean wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:52 pm
4:51pm.............Have been on the Delta zoomer cams twice this afternoon. Both times they were extremely slow to load...........and the controls were sticking badly, stopping even though I was pushing the button or at times would run off on me.
Happy to try a reboot, Jean - I'll check to see if anyone is zooming now first.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:55 am

Good Morning All! I was just on the Delta 2 cams and they went down at least 5 times while I was on but then came back quickly. Wondering if someone was working on them. If not, we may need a re-boot of both cams. Thanks!

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:25 am

Good Morning All! I was on the Delta zoomer cams from 8:15 am - 9:20 am. It took over 2 minutes for the zoomer screen to come up once I logged in. This is quite a bit longer than normal. Also, while I was on the cams they went down from 8:56 am - 9:03 am. Not sure if anyone was working on them then. I am finding that the E Cam is going off on me at times....I will click to pan it and it goes further than it should be...hmmm, maybe there's a delay at the beginning when it starts so maybe that's why. Also, I found the W Zoomer cam to be very sticky towards the end of zooming...very hesitant to move and moved slowly once it got going.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:46 am

SueB wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:25 am
Good Morning All! I was on the Delta zoomer cams from 8:15 am - 9:20 am. It took over 2 minutes for the zoomer screen to come up once I logged in. This is quite a bit longer than normal. Also, while I was on the cams they went down from 8:56 am - 9:03 am. Not sure if anyone was working on them then. I am finding that the E Cam is going off on me at times....I will click to pan it and it goes further than it should be...hmmm, maybe there's a delay at the beginning when it starts so maybe that's why. Also, I found the W Zoomer cam to be very sticky towards the end of zooming...very hesitant to move and moved slowly once it got going.
Thanks Sue! By two minutes for the zoomer screen to come up, do you mean all the controls were visible but there was no picture in the viewing window? And am I correct that all cams were offline for those 7 minutes, zoomer and embedded? I’m not at my computer at the moment but will check with Ken and probably try a reboot. I think you’re right that panning too far is at least partly that it was moving but the viewing window didn’t show it. It happily isn’t common but I’ve gone to a preset and seen the switch on the embedded cam before the viewing window got with the program.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:26 am

JudyB wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:46 am
SueB wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:25 am
Thanks Sue! By two minutes for the zoomer screen to come up, do you mean all the controls were visible but there was no picture in the viewing window? And am I correct that all cams were offline for those 7 minutes, zoomer and embedded? I’m not at my computer at the moment but will check with Ken and probably try a reboot. I think you’re right that panning too far is at least partly that it was moving but the viewing window didn’t show it. It happily isn’t common but I’ve gone to a preset and seen the switch on the embedded cam before the viewing window got with the program.
Judy, yes, part of the 2 minute delay did include time when the controls were there and the viewing screen was black, then I would get the message that the screen was not working properly so it automatically cleared and tried again a couple more times before the viewing window actually came up.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:04 pm

5:03pm...........Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as we are at Delta2? Something seems to have suddenly changed in the past few days. Cams are taking a really long time to load, sometimes they dont' load at all and we just see a black window with no picture, and the cam controls seem to be very sluggish.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:39 pm

6:32 pm want to repeat what Jean mentioned about the Delta 2 cams tonight, especially the west cam. It took about 3 minutes for the east cam to log on but the west cam somewhere around 5 to 7 minutes. I just got off of them and the west cam went to the black window twice. The west cam especially is a little sticky in that I would lose a bit of control. At times it would also stick and not move.

This is something else all together. It maybe on my end but have noticed sometimes the add files button does not respond. Also slow to add the image files so can click the place inline button. It has only been this way for me the last couple of days.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:26 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:39 pm
This is something else all together. It maybe on my end but have noticed sometimes the add files button does not respond. Also slow to add the image files so can click the place inline button. It has only been this way for me the last couple of days.
Thanks, Sandy. This part seems more like either a forum issue, or an issue with your computer or your internet connection. I haven't heard of other people having trouble posting images - but lots of people have problems like that and don't post here, so I don't know about it unless I happen to stumble on a discussion on another thread. Thanks for mentioning it - so perhaps if others are having trouble, they'll also post here.

I'm in the process of moving to a new computer, and needed to step up the process because my hard drive was so full that almost everything I did was freezing. I deleted a bunch of files once they were safely on the drive I'm using for transferring everything (they were already on my off-site backup drive from a couple of months ago). I mention that, because it can be an issue, and I know I don't check my hard drive to see how full it is unless things stop working.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:06 am

JudyB wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:26 pm
Sandy_W wrote:
Thanks, Sandy. This part seems more like either a forum issue, or an issue with your computer or your internet connection. I haven't heard of other people having trouble posting images - but lots of people have problems like that and don't post here, so I don't know about it unless I happen to stumble on a discussion on another thread. Thanks for mentioning it - so perhaps if others are having trouble, they'll also post here.

I'm in the process of moving to a new computer, and needed to step up the process because my hard drive was so full that almost everything I did was freezing. I deleted a bunch of files once they were safely on the drive I'm using for transferring everything (they were already on my off-site backup drive from a couple of months ago). I mention that, because it can be an issue, and I know I don't check my hard drive to see how full it is unless things stop working.
Thanks, Judy, for the response. I have a new computer and not sure I am impressed with it. But thinking now after peddling with it last night, I am beginning to think it is the new anti-virus software. I had to disable some extensions on google because it was blocking me against the world so to speak on some other issues. Trying to work in Firefox now without the problems. Smiles.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:17 am

North cam is pixelating and sound and clock are stuttering though the clock is dead on. Maybe the wind and not worth a reboot?

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:55 am

gemini wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:17 am
North cam is pixelating and sound and clock are stuttering though the clock is dead on. Maybe the wind and not worth a reboot?
That would be my guess, Sharon. From my experience, if you log in and the zoomer cam is choppy or stuttering, a reboot might restart the stream on the embedded cam if it’s down but it will probably start pixelating again fairly quickly. I’d do it if it looks as if she’s in labor but otherwise there’s probably no net gain.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:09 am

Information from zooming this morning at Delta 2:
This morning I logged into both cams at 7:12 am. It took 3 minutes for the east cam to load but did not disconnect but then loaded. For the west cam, had to reload with the following: at 7:15 am the west cam went black and then received the "We are unable to return you to hancockwildlifechannel.org" message. I then tried to reload and received another black screen with the message. I again did a reload and received a black screen at 7:16 then the cam came up at 7:17 am. So it took four minutes with reloads to connect properly. A screenshot of the message is attached.
2019-03-03_9-15-44.jpg
Thanks!

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:14 am

8:13 am D elta 2 east cam is spinning and clocking the time at 7:52 am. It was fine earlier when I was on.
2019-03-03_10-11-14.jpg

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:52 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:14 am
8:13 am D elta 2 east cam is spinning and clocking the time at 7:52 am. It was fine earlier when I was on.

2019-03-03_10-11-14.jpg
I'll try to reboot East.

Took almost a minute to get the log in screen, then at least a minute to get to the Vivotek screen with no viewing window. Started at 8:53; by 8:56 I had a black viewing window. I don't need to see to reboot it, so I went to Config at that point. Details of the screen opened slowly. Clicked reboot button at 8:56 or 57. I'm not seeing the status bar I usually see, but the embedded cam went to Live Stream Offline, so the reboot is in progress. Embedded cam back at 8:58, with the current time and the same eagle as on West.

I should mention I am uploading a video with my computer, which is a slow process and uses a lot of my internet bandwidth, so some of this is probably an issue at my end.

9:00 am - I was able to return to the home screen without a viewing window (white area where it should be) and logged out at that point.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:15 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:06 am
JudyB wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:26 pm
Sandy_W wrote:

Thanks, Judy, for the response. I have a new computer and not sure I am impressed with it. But thinking now after peddling with it last night, I am beginning to think it is the new anti-virus software. I had to disable some extensions on google because it was blocking me against the world so to speak on some other issues. Trying to work in Firefox now without the problems. Smiles.

Oh dear as this is long. But wanted to share something along with this issue I have on the forum using google. Tried it again this morning (Yeah, I kind got lost from Firefox) and now receiving an http error when waiting for the place inline button. So it must be a relationship between google and the forum. I haven't had this error using Firefox though. Just thought I would share if it comes up later. Here is the image from when I got the message.
2019-03-03_13-10-39.jpg

Return to “Technical Help”