Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
DDuckies2
Zoomer

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by DDuckies2 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:01 pm

White rock
North lagging 29 minutes. :bye 1:
:grhug:

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:35 pm

3:35pm..........The N embedded cam at SR seems to be stuck at 2:41pm.

4:06pm........Both embedded cams now say video is unavailable.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:10 pm

Update:

There is an internet issue at Green Light Security, which has been sending the feeds for our cameras to YouTube, and until the connection for their high speed service is restored, they won't be able to do that.

Ken is able to send some of the feeds from his place, and I've asked him to prioritize Surrey Reserve, White Rock and Boundary Bay Central, since those are the three nests where we've been seeing eagles most often, and where we are most likely to see eggs in the next week or two.

Zoomers should be able to log into all the cams as they always have done, and post screenshots direct from their link - and if eagles suddenly start coming to one of the other nests (Harrison Mills, Delta 2, or Mission), we'll try to find a way to get those cams back online. My internet connection is usually strong enough to send one or sometimes two streams, though I'm not going to try unless we see more activity than we've seen recently.

As of about 4 pm, Ken has taken his computer offline again briefly to replace a part with a faster version, which should make it easier for him to send the six streams he's currently sending. Once he has the feeds going to YouTube, I'll need to update the Live Cams page for White Rock North so that cam will appear there.

Hopefully everything will be back to normal in a couple of days.

Big thanks to Ken and to Michael and the team at Green Light Security for their work on this issue!

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:27 pm

Thanks Judy........I see both our embedded cams at SR are streaming now!
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:04 pm

Jean wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:27 pm
Thanks Judy........I see both our embedded cams at SR are streaming now!
You're welcome!

Surrey, White Rock, and Boundary Bay South cams are all streaming now, and there are two eagles in the nest at White Rock, and one on the edge of the nest at Boundary Bay!

Things are in progress for the other six active streams (Harrison Mills, Delta 2 and Mission) and hopefully we'll have them back online in a day or two.

Added - just saw a wing drop down from the perch above the nest at Boundary Bay - two eagles there as well - and the Surrey Reserve pair tend to visit in the evening, so we're ready for them!

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:18 am

11:14 am from Surrey, since yesterday when the cams were brought back from the Internet issue, the south cam seems to be streaming much better without the lower third pixilation. Noticed a bit of a nanosecond drag on the video playback though. But this morning, the north cam is now acting up with lots of pixilation. Just a question, were the settings changed yesterday when they were brought back? The north embedded cam had been the best cam to get images from and now it is difficult to see what is going in when the pixilation happens. Thanks...
2024-02-23_13-11-25.jpg
2024-02-23_13-11-51.jpg
2024-02-23_13-20-51.jpg
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:50 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:18 am
11:14 am from Surrey, since yesterday when the cams were brought back from the Internet issue, the south cam seems to be streaming much better without the lower third pixilation. Noticed a bit of a nanosecond drag on the video playback though. But this morning, the north cam is now acting up with lots of pixilation. Just a question, were the settings changed yesterday when they were brought back? The north embedded cam had been the best cam to get images from and now it is difficult to see what is going in when the pixilation happens. Thanks...
2024-02-23_13-11-25.jpg2024-02-23_13-11-51.jpg2024-02-23_13-20-51.jpg
I'm pretty sure that GLS had been sending the South cam at a higher resolution than Ken is doing now, Sandy. As you may remember, the time stamp was smaller, which can be a sign that the true size of the image is larger and we're seeing a reduced version, if you see what I mean.

I suspect that the internet at Ken's place is not as robust as what they usually have at GLS, which is why more of the cams are having issues (signal was also breaking up on White Rock CU when I looked right now).

I'm just getting back after being away most of the day, so may know more when I've made may way through the email in my inbox.

Sandy Jo
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy Jo » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:07 pm

Hi Judy, I just sent Michael and all (cc), you too, an email that the White Rock North cam is lagging over a half hour. Sandy Jo (hope that was ok)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:15 pm

Sandy Jo wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:07 pm
Hi Judy, I just sent Michael and all (cc), you too, an email that the White Rock North cam is lagging over a half hour. Sandy Jo (hope that was ok)
That is great! Thanks so much - just getting home and lots to catch up with.

Note - I discovered that the Mission cams are streaming again, so added them back to their live cams page. I won't have a chance to check with Ken or Michael for a while, but it looks as if we don't yet have the bandwidth to add Harrison Mills and Delta 2 - hopefully soon.

Sandy Jo
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy Jo » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:35 pm

Hi Judy, I just lost the CU cam. Was scapping and it went unavailable. I did not send an email to Michael. Thanks, Sandy

Update: North is correct time now.

CU just came back on and this is what is streaming. Hope it clears.
Attachments
Screenshot_20240223-193709_Chrome.jpg

Sandy Jo
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy Jo » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:43 pm

JudyB wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:15 pm
Sandy Jo wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:07 pm
That is great! Thanks so much - just getting home and lots to catch up with.

Note - I discovered that the Mission cams are streaming again, so added them back to their live cams page. I won't have a chance to check with Ken or Michael for a while, but it looks as if we don't yet have the bandwidth to add Harrison Mills and Delta 2 - hopefully soon.
Hi Judy, Michael emailed me with an update... Ken is looking after everything until mid week since his internet will be down util then.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:05 pm

Sandy Jo wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:35 pm
Hi Judy, I just lost the CU cam. Was scapping and it went unavailable. I did not send an email to Michael. Thanks, Sandy

Update: North is correct time now.

CU just came back on and this is what is streaming. Hope it clears.
Thanks, Sandy! I noticed that the picture was clearer when someone was zooming. I did mention it in an email to Ken and Michael (knowing that Ken is doing the streaming now, but it's useful for Michael to be kept in the loop) - but it may not be an easy fix while Ken is stretching things to stream the cams.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:20 am

10:19 am from Surrey, the north cam went offline with This video is unavailable. The embedded north cam has been pixelating most of the morning with some spinning circles.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:04 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:20 am
10:19 am from Surrey, the north cam went offline with This video is unavailable. The embedded north cam has been pixelating most of the morning with some spinning circles.
Thanks, Sandy - I think Ken took his computer down briefly while he added the Delta 2 cams - there are some issues with the internet at GLS, which has been doing the streaming, so Ken is taking it back until sometime next week, and has been slowly adding the various streams, starting with the three most active nests - Surrey, White Rock and Boundary Bay.

As of right now, he has all 12 active cams streaming, though as some of you have noticed, we may be seeing the signal breaking up a bit more on some of them, though he's trying to fix those issues as well.

Sandy Jo
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy Jo » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:57 pm

Hi Judy,
I just came in and found that the north cam at White Rock has lagged behind again.
Oh, never mind, I just saw your post on the forum. I missed it somehow...Thanks,
Sandy

Return to “Technical Help”