Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Sandy_W » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:41 am

JudyB wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:30 am
Sandy_W wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:27 am
7:26 am at Delta the east embedded cam is frozen at 7:18 am. Also noticed a rattling sound coming from the west zoomer cam while moving it. I don't think I have noticed that rattled sound before. Hmmm?
Hmmm is right - maybe (hoping) there's a loose branch bumping something? Can the East cam look at the West cam to see if anything looks off?

I'll send Ken a note about the cam being frozen.
Hi Judy, also the west zoomer cam (at least the best I can tell) has a buzzing sound louder than normal. But have had the volume turned down because of the wind the last few days.

Yes, I will check with a look.

Here are two images of the west cam. Honestly, I do not remember seeing that long metal looking rod hang down above the cam. But could be I have never noticed it.
2021-10-17_9-46-00.jpg
2021-10-17_9-46-24.jpg
This is the east cam and don't see that metal rod.
2021-10-17_9-48-02.jpg
Last edited by Sandy_W on Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:48 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:41 am
JudyB wrote:
Sandy_W wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:27 am
7:26 am at Delta the east embedded cam is frozen at 7:18 am. Also noticed a rattling sound coming from the west zoomer cam while moving it. I don't think I have noticed that rattled sound before. Hmmm?
Hmmm is right - maybe (hoping) there's a loose branch bumping something? Can the East cam look at the West cam to see if anything looks off?

Hi Judy, also the west zoomer cam (at least the best I can tell) has a buzzing sound louder than normal. But have had the volume turned down because of the wind the last few days.

We can turn down the volume coming from the cam, but it will reduce the total volume. Sometimes tweaking the volume on the cam itself helps with hums and buzzes - I can try that if you want (and let you know what I tried so you can try it in the future if it actually helps) - let me know if you want me to take a look - but we may want to wait until we hear from Ken before doing anything.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:52 am

JudyB wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:48 am
Sandy_W wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:41 am
JudyB wrote:

We can turn down the volume coming from the cam, but it will reduce the total volume. Sometimes tweaking the volume on the cam itself helps with hums and buzzes - I can try that if you want (and let you know what I tried so you can try it in the future if it actually helps) - let me know if you want me to take a look - but we may want to wait until we hear from Ken before doing anything.

Well, I have the volume down more than half on my computer to reduce the sound. But maybe we need to see if bothers others. Just just posted those pictures of the west cam above.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:05 am

Judy, I went back and did a quick check when the cam maintenance happened and found this image that indicates the rod next to the cam. So it looks like that is normal.
2021-09-13_19-19-18.jpg

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:27 am

JudyB wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:32 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:14 am
ReH Mills at 7:07am
I can't connect to the NPTZ Cam .
The cam was streaming when our power came back on, so I think the batteries kept the laptop and the modem going - and it looks as if there's a power outage in the area now.

20211017_002.jpg

They don't have an estimate yet, but it looks as if there are a number of people affected, so hopefully it will have some priority.
Thank You Judy .

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:10 am

Good Morning All! Looks like the Delta 2 E Embedded cam is back up but now it seems that the clock on the W Embedded Cam & Zoomer cam are off. Here are some screen shots from around 10:02 am.....showing the E Cam as well so you can see this one is actually correct.

E Zoomer cam (time is correct at the time I took the s'cap)
2021-10-17 13_02_10-Greenshot.jpg
Here's the W Zoomer Cam screen shot taken within seconds of the E Zoomer s'cap. I noticed the time was off before the 10 o'clock time so waited until after 10 am to see if the 'on the hour' reset would correct the issue but it has not.
2021-10-17 13_02_06-Greenshot.jpg
Here's the W Embedded Cam screen shot....so both the zoomer & embedded cam times are off for the W Cam
2021-10-17 13_04_44-Greenshot.jpg

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:35 am

10:34 am at Delta, the west embedded cam is now frozen at a time in the future, 11:04 am. The east embedded cam time seems fine.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:38 am

SueB wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:10 am
Good Morning All! Looks like the Delta 2 E Embedded cam is back up but now it seems that the clock on the W Embedded Cam & Zoomer cam are off. Here are some screen shots from around 10:02 am.....showing the E Cam as well so you can see this one is actually correct.

Here's the W Zoomer Cam screen shot taken within seconds of the E Zoomer s'cap. I noticed the time was off before the 10 o'clock time so waited until after 10 am to see if the 'on the hour' reset would correct the issue but it has not.
Here's the W Embedded Cam screen shot....so both the zoomer & embedded cam times are off for the W Cam
Thanks, Sue! So this is interesting. I logged into the West cam a couple of minutes ago and confirmed that it was still showing the wrong time. I looked at the log that shows when it "calls home" to check the time, and it looked to me as if it was going to do that when the cam thought it was 11:05 am - which was only a few minutes away. I came here to suggest we wait and see if that solved the problem - and then logged back into the cam to see how close it was - and the cam was showing the correct time. I closed the cam window and brought up the embedded cam and it was at 11:04 so I decided I'd watch until it got to 11:05 and see it reset (it doesn't take much to amuse me some days :%: ) - and the embedded cam got to 11:04:56 - and froze.

So - the time is fixed, but the embedded cam is frozen; I'll send a message to Ken.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:43 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:35 am
10:34 am at Delta, the west embedded cam is now frozen at a time in the future, 11:04 am. The east embedded cam time seems fine.
Thanks, Sandy - please see post above - we were posting at the same time. :)

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:51 am

JudyB wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:43 am
Sandy_W wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:35 am
Thanks, Sandy - please see post above - we were posting at the same time. :)
I just got on the cams and looks like the time for the embedded cams and the zoomer cams are good to go. Thanks...

11:25 am Update on the grinding, rattling noise on the west zoomer cam at Delta. Just got off the cams and I didn't hear that same noise while using the west zoomer cam.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:45 pm

3:40 pm
Power has been restored to the Harrison Mills area, the cam is back online, and I've restarted the stream.

The nest is empty.

Sandy, I'm happy to hear the strange noise has gone away at Delta - hopefully just a bit of dust or a leaf or something.

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:12 pm

WHITE ROCK
CU live stream froze at 4pm. I am still unable to move NORTH so maybe someone can move NORTH to nest until CU is back on line. Thanks. :bye 1:
:grhug:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:22 pm

DDuckies2 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:12 pm
WHITE ROCK
CU live stream froze at 4pm. I am still unable to move NORTH so maybe someone can move NORTH to nest until CU is back on line. Thanks. :bye 1:
I've moved North to the nest; there was an adult perched beside it who flew off a moment later.

If you click the double arrow at the upper right of the screen, it will open the list of presets.
20211017_007.jpg
20211017_007.jpg (4.75 KiB) Viewed 953 times

Preset 1 is the nest - click the arrow to go there.
20211017_008.jpg
20211017_008.jpg (20.98 KiB) Viewed 953 times

Does that work for you? I'm not sure which of the presets are being used at present - I think zoomers can change them, which might help if they work for you. I also find I need to move the speed bar (under the directional arrows that you see after clicking the button at the upper right) all the way to slow to have any control over the cam in Internet Explorer. It used to work better for me with Firefox, but I haven't tried that lately.

I'll send a message to Ken now.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:23 am

amyklai wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:22 am
6.31a Good morning, WR/ WA is frozen
Thanks, amy - message sent to Ken. I think all the other embedded cams are streaming.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:37 am

JudyB wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:38 am
SueB wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:10 am

Thanks, Sue! So this is interesting. I logged into the West cam a couple of minutes ago and confirmed that it was still showing the wrong time. I looked at the log that shows when it "calls home" to check the time, and it looked to me as if it was going to do that when the cam thought it was 11:05 am - which was only a few minutes away. I came here to suggest we wait and see if that solved the problem - and then logged back into the cam to see how close it was - and the cam was showing the correct time. I closed the cam window and brought up the embedded cam and it was at 11:04 so I decided I'd watch until it got to 11:05 and see it reset (it doesn't take much to amuse me some days :%: ) - and the embedded cam got to 11:04:56 - and froze.

So - the time is fixed, but the embedded cam is frozen; I'll send a message to Ken.
Judy, it's the little things that amuse us nowadays, lol! :)

Return to “Technical Help”