Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
Jean
Topic Assistant

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Jean » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:36 pm

2:34pm...........Still having posting issues at Delta2..........same as yesterday. As there are at least 2 of us having some sort of problem now it is hard to think this is simply a "cache" issue. But I have done this and will see if it makes any difference. Every time I tried to make a post I had to log in first, then refresh and start again just to get s'caps to appear in the posting spots.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:44 pm

Jean wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:36 pm
2:34pm...........Still having posting issues at Delta2..........same as yesterday. As there are at least 2 of us having some sort of problem now it is hard to think this is simply a "cache" issue. Every time I tried to make a post I had to log in first, then refresh and start again just to get s'caps to appear in the posting spots.
From what I'm finding on the phpBB website, this doesn't seem to be a common problem after the type of update we just did - but I did find one other person who had something similar and found a solution that worked for him; I've sent an email to David Hathaway asking if he know of a reason why I can't try what that guy tried (it involves changing the security setting for cookies, which may mean that everyone will need to log in once more if we try it). It is the weekend, so I may not try this until Monday - and I'm continuing to look for fixed I dare try without running them by him. :roll:

Added -
DH said go for it - so I'm going to give it a try! Like me, he had a recollection that we'd done something a bit unusual in that area before.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:14 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:44 pm
Jean wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:36 pm
2:34pm...........Still having posting issues at Delta2..........same as yesterday. As there are at least 2 of us having some sort of problem now it is hard to think this is simply a "cache" issue. Every time I tried to make a post I had to log in first, then refresh and start again just to get s'caps to appear in the posting spots.
From what I'm finding on the phpBB website, this doesn't seem to be a common problem after the type of update we just did - but I did find one other person who had something similar and found a solution that worked for him; I've sent an email to David Hathaway asking if he know of a reason why I can't try what that guy tried (it involves changing the security setting for cookies, which may mean that everyone will need to log in once more if we try it). It is the weekend, so I may not try this until Monday - and I'm continuing to look for fixed I dare try without running them by him. :roll:

Added -
DH said go for it - so I'm going to give it a try! Like me, he had a recollection that we'd done something a bit unusual in that area before.
I am thinking that is why I just had to log in just now !

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:53 pm

IrishEyes wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:14 pm

I think so, Bev - and hopefully you won’t need to log in again for a long time!

Everyone - please let me know if this is working. Thanks!

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:58 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:53 pm
IrishEyes wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:14 pm

I think so, Bev - and hopefully you won’t need to log in again for a long time!

Everyone - please let me know if this is working. Thanks!
Thanks Judy :hug: .....Me too ! All seems good so far :luck:

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:42 pm

:40pm...........Sorry to report that nothing was any better at Delta2 tonight. Needed to refresh every time I made a post. Still the same issues with posting as before. And I even needed to refresh and log in again to make this post here on the tech thread. And yes, I have cleared all my caches.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:55 pm

SR north cam is running 11 minutes behind on real time." I refreshed a couple of times still the same. The sound is drifting in and out and spinning circle pops up briefly every second - I suspect that is why the time is falling behind

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:19 pm

Jean wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:42 pm
:40pm...........Sorry to report that nothing was any better at Delta2 tonight. Needed to refresh every time I made a post. Still the same issues with posting as before. And I even needed to refresh and log in again to make this post here on the tech thread. And yes, I have cleared all my caches.
Drat! Which browser do you use for posting, Jean? Do you have another one you could try for a day or two in case it’s browser-related?

Will anyone else who is still having problems please let me know which browser you’re using - either post here or send me a PM.

If you notice someone posting on another thread that they are having trouble staying logged in, can you please let me know, either by posting a link here or sending me a PM or something.

At this point I don’t actually know there is anyone who can sign in and stay in, either before or after the tweak I made this afternoon. I am committed to getting this fixed - no matter how many or how few people are affected. And I think it would help narrow down the possible causes if I could find some differences in the settings of those who are having trouble and those who aren’t.

Thanks for your help - and I’m calling it a night. Good night everyone!

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:25 pm

gemini wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:55 pm
SR north cam is running 11 minutes behind on real time." I refreshed a couple of times still the same. The sound is drifting in and out and spinning circle pops up briefly every second - I suspect that is why the time is falling behind
Sent a text to Ken - hopefully a reboot on his end will help.

Good night everyone!

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:30 pm

Judy, I am having lots of trouble tonight getting kicked off and I have to log in each time before posting.
AKA: Marianne

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:06 pm

Judy, I am using IE for the forum itself and Google Chrome to get the embedded cams. IE has been fine up til now. And Marianne's post sounds just like what we were experiencing at Delta. I think both Sue and Sandy had troubles at times today too, but don't know what they are using...........I will ask them.

(Member since 9/10/11)

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:41 am

Thanks for hanging in there to find a fix, Judy. Referring to what Jean wrote, I use Google Chrome for embedded cams and the forum. Of course use IE for the zoomer cams. I will try FireFox today to see if there is any difference.

6:35 am today: I just attempted a post on the Trio forum a few minutes ago and experienced the log in issue of logging in again to allow the post. Last evening at Delta, had the same log in issue plus another one: the General Error and ended up posting a post twice attempting to make the error go away. The General Error happened twice and can't remember the number with the log in issue...maybe three times over almost an hour of posting. Maybe twice during the day did I experience the log in issue on the Delta forum but none on the Trio forum.

Edit: I just cleared my cache in Chrome and will track today what happens to see if it helps.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:55 am

Hi JudyB! I use Google Chrome for posting on the forum. I am able to log in once and post without having to log in again, as long as I don’t wait 10 minutes between posts. I started testing this yesterday. I was good posting with lapses of 5 and 7 minutes between posts without having to log in again, but waited 10 minutes between posts and then had to log in again.

I had not cleared my cache until last night so will see if that helps today.

Edit: I’m using Safari to post this and had to log in a 2nd time before the post would submit.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:40 am

Good Morning Judy and everyone ... hope you rested well Judy and thanks for all you are doing :huggie:

I am using Safari to report on the forum and for all my s'caps.. I just finished reporting on 8 nests .. adding s'caps also and happily I didn't have a problem.. :luck: I don't!

On another note... The embedded cams are down at H Mills ... the direct access zoomer ones are streaming .. It its still early in BC but I am going to send Ken an email about the H Mills cams !

ADDED ..The Surrey Reserve S Cam is down and the N one is struggling .. I will add that to my e-mail to ken

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:28 am

6:27 am the embedded cams at Delta 2 have been offline for 13 minutes as of this post. Have watched this morning and both cams have gone offline then back online repeatedly.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

Return to “Technical Help”