Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:47 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:44 pm
I've taken over the streaming of the North cam at Harrison Mills to see if it will work any better from my computer than it has been from Ken's. We don't really expect that it will, but maybe....

I am still streaming French Creek on my desktop computer so have Harrison Mills on my laptop - and so far that seems to be working, though the wireless connection from the laptop is somewhat slower than what I have on my desktop.

Tech note: "taking over the streaming" means that I've set up a connection similar to what the zoomers use between my computer and the cam, and use software on my computer to convert the feed from the cam to the format YouTube uses and then send it to YouTube so everyone can see it. I could also log into the zoomer link and control the cam - but that would take additional resources, so I'm not likely to do that. :)

I may still occasionally do some zooming at Surrey Reserve, and can log quickly into the other cams to make sure they are working - but will try to avoid doing things that use lots of bandwidth, at least until I know how my system is handling this.

Thank You so much Judy :grhug:
Bev

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:42 am

Monday, September 6, 2021

11:38 am
Ken is at Harrison Mills now. He says there's moisture in some of the connector boxes which is probably part of the reason we've been having issues.

They will be working on the North cam first - it's streaming now (I just restarted the stream) but may go on and off as they replace some of the parts.

He said he'd try to let me know when they get ready to start working on the South cam. I have several older laptops floating around - I may see if I can set one of them up to stream the South cam in case he gets it up and running.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:25 pm

JudyB wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:42 am
Monday, September 6, 2021

11:38 am
Ken is at Harrison Mills now. He says there's moisture in some of the connector boxes which is probably part of the reason we've been having issues.

They will be working on the North cam first - it's streaming now (I just restarted the stream) but may go on and off as they replace some of the parts.

He said he'd try to let me know when they get ready to start working on the South cam. I have several older laptops floating around - I may see if I can set one of them up to stream the South cam in case he gets it up and running.
Thank you so much Judy and Ken for all you are doing . Good Luck to both of you :grhug:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:35 pm

IrishEyes wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:25 pm

Thank you so much Judy and Ken for all you are doing . Good Luck to both of you :grhug:
You're welcome - and I'm afraid the news about the South cam is not so good. Here's what I just posted on the HM thread:

1:20 pm
I'm afraid the news about the South cam is not good. The connection box for it was dry so water wasn't the problem, and Ken replaced or temporarily bypassed pretty much all of the components, and replaced the ends on the cables, and everything he and the person he was working with could think to try (the other person was also an IT professional) - and his professional opinion is that the cam is toast. :(

He's sorry and I'm sorry.

I thanked him for trying.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:41 pm

JudyB wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:35 pm
IrishEyes wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:25 pm

You're welcome - and I'm afraid the news about the South cam is not so good. Here's what I just posted on the HM thread:

1:20 pm
I'm afraid the news about the South cam is not good. The connection box for it was dry so water wasn't the problem, and Ken replaced or temporarily bypassed pretty much all of the components, and replaced the ends on the cables, and everything he and the person he was working with could think to try (the other person was also an IT professional) - and his professional opinion is that the cam is toast. :(

He's sorry and I'm sorry.

I thanked him for trying.

Thanks Judy! I am sorry also and I thank Ken for trying also :grhug:

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:07 pm

Hi Judy,
At Delta2
22h03 Both cams are frozen
20h49 for the Eastcam and 19h06 for the west cam. :ty:
:bye 1:
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:26 pm

3:31 pm from Delta, the east embedded cam has gone offline. Message is: This video is unavailable. Now as I am typing, the west embedded cam is going offline with the spinning circle. Then went to video unavailable.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:43 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:26 pm
3:31 pm from Delta, the east embedded cam has gone offline. Message is: This video is unavailable. Now as I am typing, the west embedded cam is going offline with the spinning circle. Then went to video unavailable.
Ken's doing updates - cams will be back in about 20 minutes.

He did try to call my in advance and sent a text message, but I only just saw that he'd called and got back to him.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:04 pm

Hi Judy ..
5:29pm ..Re the H Mills N Embedded cam......Heather and I find the live feed distorting
viewtopic.php?p=499196#p499196

The NPTZ Cam seems OK
6:10pm
screenshot_52.jpg
Thank you
Bev

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:29 pm

IrishEyes wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:04 pm
Hi Judy ..
5:29pm ..Re the H Mills N Embedded cam......Heather and I find the live feed distorting

The NPTZ Cam seems OK
screenshot_52.jpg

Thank you
Bev
I'm going to reboot the cam and the laptop I'm using to stream it - everything should be back in a couple of minutes.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:32 pm

JudyB wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:29 pm
IrishEyes wrote:
Hi Judy ..

The NPTZ Cam seems OK
screenshot_52.jpg

Thank you
Bev
I'm going to reboot the cam and the laptop I'm using to stream it - everything should be back in a couple of minutes.
Thank you Judy!

The laptop is installing updates - may take a little longer than I'd expected, but useful to get them installed.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:39 pm

IrishEyes wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:32 pm
JudyB wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:29 pm
IrishEyes wrote:
Hi Judy ..

The NPTZ Cam seems OK
screenshot_52.jpg

Thank you
Bev
Thank you Judy!

The laptop is installing updates - may take a little longer than I'd expected, but useful to get them installed.

Thank you Judy!

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:59 pm

That took quite a bit longer than usual - sorry. The cam is streaming now - hopefully all is well.

Good night. :offtobed:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:10 pm

JudyB wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:59 pm
That took quite a bit longer than usual - sorry. The cam is streaming now - hopefully all is well.

Good night. :offtobed:

Thank you so much Judy :grhug: I am :offtobed: also

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:16 am

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 8,2021

Good Morning Judy -

Re H Mills N Embedded Cam.. It is down .....

N PTZ Cam is streaming ,

Thank You
Bev

m

Return to “Technical Help”