Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
Jean
Topic Assistant

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Jean » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:35 pm

12:34pm...........thanks Judy..........this is just information for you all as we know Ken is working on things here. The cams must have gone down again as the rollback only went back to 10:08am when I went to look a half hour ago.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:02 pm

6pm. WHITE ROCK both CU & WA zoom cams stopping , freezing and going black etc. Maybe a reboot is needed?
:grhug:

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:02 pm

7:01pm..........Not sure if I should keep reporting this or not as I think Ken is looking for a solution but...........all the cams at Delta2 are still going off and on at times. Cam controls have been a bit of a problem but not all the time.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:17 am

All the HWF embedded cams are on and off ....I sent an e-mail to Ken and Judy !

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:25 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:17 am
All the HWF embedded cams are on and off ....I sent an e-mail to Ken and Judy !

ADDED
All the cams are streaming .. except WR Closeup and Ken is working on that !

Thank you so much Ken ! :grhug:

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:06 pm

3:05pm. SURREY north/close up, looking pretty artsy. :D
Attachments
3 01pm.JPG
:grhug:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:30 pm

amyklai wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:50 am
9.50a WR WEST message
DDuckies2 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:06 pm
3:05pm. SURREY north/close up, looking pretty artsy. :D
Hi folks!

Ken called me about the issues with the White Rock West/Closeup cam, and it looks as if YouTube has put a hold on our account. That will take more time to sort out than the usual reboot of the server or a cam, and he may not be able to work on that for a couple of days. He regrets the delay, but he has a lot going on during the next couple of days.

I totally agree about the artsy look of Surrey North, DDuckies - that's a very polite way to describe the situation. I've sent an email to Ken about it, but knowing he's probably not where he can do anything easily, I also told him that the chicks were big enough that we could see them on the South cam, so it wasn't urgent. I've tried rebooting North, and that didn't help - but sometimes when it's doing this it will respond to a reboot after a couple of hours, so I will try that again after dinner.

Thank you both for posting here, and thank you, Bev, for contacting Ken about the issues we were having earlier today when I was away from my computer.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:28 pm

6:28 pm
I've rebooted Surrey North - hopefully it will hang in there until Ken is able to reboot the server.

Lynne
Topic Assistant

Post by Lynne » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:05 am

I get this error message for the Closeup cam at White Rock. North and WA cams are ok.

Now I see this may be a continuing problem? Thanks.
Attachments
Apr_26_645am.jpg
Apr_26_645am.jpg (14.05 KiB) Viewed 2829 times

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:57 am

Lynne wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:05 am
I get this error message for the Closeup cam at White Rock. North and WA cams are ok.

I'm afraid the "account terminated" issue is indeed a continuing problem, Lynne. Ken is aware of the issue, but unfortunately he has a number of previous commitments for yesterday and today that have prevented him from focusing on that. As I understand it, when YouTube terminates an account, they send an email with the reason to the owner of the account - and I'm not sure if that would go to Ken or Myles, though I think it's Ken. Once he's received that email, he should be able to straighten things out, since we don't violate copyrights or things like that. It's true that our eagles tend not to wear clothing - but that's not normally an issue for wildlife cams, so it's most likely a mistake. But it will probably take a while to get it sorted out. Fortunately the North cam also provides a view of the nest - but it will be nice when we have both of them back again.

Lynne
Topic Assistant

Post by Lynne » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:19 am

:ty: :ty:
JudyB wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:57 am
Lynne wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:05 am

I'm afraid the "account terminated" issue is indeed a continuing problem, Lynne. Ken is aware of the issue, but unfortunately he has a number of previous commitments for yesterday and today that have prevented him from focusing on that. As I understand it, when YouTube terminates an account, they send an email with the reason to the owner of the account - and I'm not sure if that would go to Ken or Myles, though I think it's Ken. Once he's received that email, he should be able to straighten things out, since we don't violate copyrights or things like that. It's true that our eagles tend not to wear clothing - but that's not normally an issue for wildlife cams, so it's most likely a mistake. But it will probably take a while to get it sorted out. Fortunately the North cam also provides a view of the nest - but it will be nice when we have both of them back again.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:11 pm

1:10pm........All cams at Delta2 continue to go down.............at this time they have been off for about 8 minutes or so.

All cams are now back..........they were off for about 10 or 11 minutes.

(Member since 9/10/11)

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:50 pm

Jean wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:11 pm
1:10pm........All cams at Delta2 continue to go down.............at this time they have been off for about 8 minutes or so.

I was just checking in on Delta 2 and the cams have been down for the last 22 minutes or so.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:58 pm

Jean wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:11 pm

SueB wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:50 pm

I was just checking in on Delta 2 and the cams have been down for the last 22 minutes or so.
I just had a call from Ken. He asked me to try to log into one of the Delta 2 cams, and I couldn't connect. He said that confirmed that the equipment onsite probably needed to be restarted, and he's trying to contact someone to do that. Hopefully everything will be back up soon.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:01 am

Good Morning All! All cams at Delta 2 went down at around 7:44 am and remain down at this time.

Return to “Technical Help”