Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:20 am

JudyB wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:08 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:58 am

Thanks Judy for trying and thanks Ken .. the N Embedded Cam at H Mills is streaming ..

Good Luck David Hathaway ... :luck:
I just checked my text messages - Ken says it was a combination YouTube and Wowza issue. Glad he was able to get the cam streaming again. :thumlft:
Thanks Judy and me too ! :)

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:23 pm

3:22pm.........Just letting you know that we are still having a problem at Delta2 with old s'caps showing up instead of the new ones we are trying to post. Was hoping this would go away but it hasn't.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:24 pm

Tuesday, January 22, 3:15 pm

Ken will be doing some work on the Wowza server this evening, starting around 8 pm, so all the embedded cams will go offline at that time. Hopefully it won't take too long - and will help with some of the issues we've been having with the embedded cams.

Zoomers should be able to connect directly to the cams while the embedded cams are down, and the forum and archives should not be affected (though as I mentioned earlier, David Hathaway may try to do the update on the forum software tonight - but that's a separate project).

If I get any updates about the Wowza server, I'll post on the Report Cams Down thread - viewtopic.php?f=66&t=33

And if the forum is down, I'll post any updates on the WildlifeCamWatch backup forum - http://www.wildlifecamwatch.com/viewtop ... &t=36#p655

It appears that we are still having issues with the wrong images appearing in some of our posts - Next time it happens, can you please leave the "wrong" picture there and send me a PM with a link to the post - I'm not sure if I can fix this, but I do remember there is a way to find unattached pictures in the database, and maybe I can do something with that - though I don't want to try fooling with that until David Hathaway has successfully completed the software update. Thanks!

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:37 pm

JudyB, I was just looking at one of Sandy's posts on Delta where it appears that the 2nd s'cap is old....but weird thing is when I click on the s'cap and it opens up it is probably the one that Sandy uploaded. Here are screen shots of what I'm talking about...hoping they upload correctly. Note that I checked the s'caps below once the post went through and they are the ones that I uploaded.
Here is what shows on Sandy's post
2019-01-22 18_34_31-Greenshot.jpg
And here the image that opens up when I click on the 2nd s'cap.
2019-01-22 18_34_36-Greenshot.jpg

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:53 pm

To add what Sue posted, these were images she was seeing on the Trio forum earlier. The post pulled a Delta image in each of the post randomly in the Trio forum.
1.jpg
2.jpg
Last edited by Sandy_W on Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:54 pm

These were the posts I was seeing from my end on the Trio forum before I deleted and upload the proper images.
2019-01-22_16-23-19.jpg
2019-01-22_16-23-29.jpg
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:11 pm

JudyB, you mentioned on Delta that there are some s'caps out in La La land (not your exact words), that may be causing the issue. Just a thought here, but I think that all of those posts that are messed up with old s'caps are all s'caps from yesterday....at least the ones I have noticed....so wondering if somehow although we lost the posts from yesterday, the s'caps are still sitting out there waiting to be posted.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:29 pm

SueB wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:11 pm
JudyB, you mentioned on Delta that there are some s'caps out in La La land (not your exact words), that may be causing the issue. Just a thought here, but I think that all of those posts that are messed up with old s'caps are all s'caps from yesterday....at least the ones I have noticed....so wondering if somehow although we lost the posts from yesterday, the s'caps are still sitting out there waiting to be posted.
Good thought, Sue, but no - these are the posts from the last 10 days, and I can see the images, though I can't share them easily.
20190120_003.jpg

As you can see, there aren't a lot from yesterday.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:31 pm

Hi everyone! Ken is going to postpone the work on the Wowza server until the weekend.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:53 pm

David Hathaway has run the utility to synchronize attachments. I’m thinking all the scrambled attachments have been fixed so there’s no way to know if it helped - but hopefully it will keep that from happening again. Please keep me posted. Thanks and :offtobed:

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:12 am

Judy, I posted an image to the Trio forum early this morning to start the day. When I submitted, the image did not show, just the name of the image file. I refreshed the page a couple of times and still no image showing and again just the name of the image file. So I edited the post to delete the image file and added the image file again. I am now seeing the image and think all is OK (I think). Just for information.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:34 am

7:34 am - Good Morning All! I am on the Delta 2 Zoomer cams and they are responding very very slowly to the controls. Wondering if anything can be done about that.

7:45 am - edit: forgot to mention that the sound is cutting in and out....mostly out...can't hear much.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:33 pm

12:32 pm - Good Afternoon! I just noticed that the Delta W Embedded cam has been down for 15 minutes or so....both were down it seems, but the E Cam has come back.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:18 pm

SueB wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:33 pm
12:32 pm - Good Afternoon! I just noticed that the Delta W Embedded cam has been down for 15 minutes or so....both were down it seems, but the E Cam has come back.
I've rebooted West and West embedded is back up, though I don't know if it will stay.

Are the zoomer controls still sticky?

hwf-admin
Site Admin

Post by hwf-admin » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:29 pm

JudyB wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:53 pm
David Hathaway has run the utility to synchronize attachments. I’m thinking all the scrambled attachments have been fixed so there’s no way to know if it helped - but hopefully it will keep that from happening again. Please keep me posted. Thanks and :offtobed:
I am thusly reminded why I secretly loathe phpBB however I am now pleased to report that the software upgrade is now in place and seems to be running fine. It was certainly not without it's adventures but, seems good.

:dunno:

Return to “Technical Help”