Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:56 pm

2:54 pm
Ken is installing updates - the embedded cams will be down for a while as that happens.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:51 am

Thursday, November 4
6:50 am

The forum was offline for a while - it seems to be back now, but David Hathaway may still be working on it, so don't be surprised if it goes down again.

Journi
Topic Assistant

Post by Journi » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:56 am

:eag: Okay...now I know what was going on with the forum this morning.
Click to enlarge s'caps
Beautiful Harriet is my avatar ~ HW Member since 2015
Celebrating E14's short but beautiful life while here on Earth in Season 8 - SWFEC
(Please avoid rodenticides to control pests!)

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:09 am

Hi Judy

Still many problems this early morning when i join the forum (between 01h39 to 02h47)

obliged to acces many times, losing dataafter i pressed the submit button with this message
2021-11-05_09h52_13.jpg
First time i noticed that the Bing and Google Bots were in line too

But later, a few min before around 05h00 same message but the bots where away.. so not the reason

I hope i will be able to post this one now
If it can help :bye 1:
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:24 am

Philjo56France wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:09 am
Hi Judy

Still many problems this early morning when i join the forum (between 01h39 to 02h47)

obliged to acces many times, losing data after i pressed the submit button with this message 2021-11-05_09h52_13.jpg

First time i noticed that the Bing and Google Bots were in line too

But later, a few min before around 05h00 same message but the bots where away.. so not the reason

I hope i will be able to post this one now
If it can help :bye 1:
Thanks, Philjo - the bots are there fairly often and shouldn't be causing the problems. I did hear from one other person tonight, and had trouble myself yesterday. I'll send a message to David Hathaway to let him know.

Added - this posted on my first try. And as I'm sure you know, it's harder to find and fix things that work some of the time.

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:16 pm

Judy, just to add my 2 cents worth, I have been having trouble with the forum all week. It was in and out, running slow, couldn’t post s’caps from Berry College. I haven’t been on to post since Thursday morning so not sure whether it’s cleared up or not. :luck: It’s fixed bc when it’s down, I can’t even post that it is down :roll:
Marianne
AKA: Marianne

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:04 pm

3:03pm....West embedded cam at Delta2 is frozen at 2:47pm. I also hear that screechy, squealy sort of noise but it doesn't seem to be related to any of the cams. Odd. It is not constant. Sort of sounds like when a person purposefully scratches an LP record with the needle.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:26 pm

Jean wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:04 pm
3:03pm....West embedded cam at Delta2 is frozen at 2:47pm. I also hear that screechy, squealy sort of noise but it doesn't seem to be related to any of the cams. Odd. It is not constant. Sort of sounds like when a person purposefully scratches an LP record with the needle.
Thanks, Jean - I've sent a message to Ken about Delta West; White Rock WA and all the other embedded cams were streaming when I checked.

Jean, about the screechy noise - might it be some equipment they are using at the site?

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:29 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:26 pm
Jean wrote:
Thanks, Jean - I've sent a message to Ken about Delta West; White Rock WA and all the other embedded cams were streaming when I checked.

Jean, about the screechy noise - might it be some equipment they are using at the site?
Judy the noise is not something in the background, for sure, not like a saw or tool being used. I heard it the other day too. But could something be interfering and resulting that noise? Maybe.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:52 pm

Jean wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:29 pm
JudyB wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:26 pm
Jean wrote:

Judy the noise is not something in the background, for sure, not like a saw or tool being used. I heard it the other day too. But could something be interfering and resulting that noise? Maybe.
Thanks, Jean - not sure what to suggest. Maybe try recording it so we can send Ken a link?

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:29 am

7:27 am from Delta, the embedded cams are running six minutes behind actual time. Judy, I sent you an email when I logged into the cams when the forum was down. Just adding here for reporting purposes. Thanks.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:52 am

Several embedded cams are running behind by 6 minutes to as much as an hour. This is not related to the time change (at least not directly) - they're showing what happened a while ago, while the cams themselves have the right time and are showing current activity (mostly wind). It's most obvious at White Rock WA because it's the furthest back.

I've refreshed the stream for Harrison Mills so it's now showing the current time, and sent a message to Ken since he'll need to refresh the feed he's getting from the cam to send to YouTube.

The forum was down for a while and is back now. We have been in touch with David Hathaway since he's the primary tech person for the forum, and he has contacted the company that runs the servers to ask them to look into it since it seems to him that it is more likely a server/connectivity problem than an issue with the forum software. It is the weekend - and I know that David Hathaway is busy with other projects and some personal stuff (all good) so may not be online as much as he often is - but hopefully we'll get it resolved soon.

Added -
the cams that were having time issues are Harrison North, White Rock WA and both Delta cams; I've refreshed the stream for Harrison Mills so it is showing the current time, and sent Ken a message about the others.

Several of the others are reverting to showing dvr from 12 hours ago, at least for me, but show what current activity when I click the Live button.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:11 am

JudyB wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:52 am
Several embedded cams are running behind by 6 minutes to as much as an hour. This is not related to the time change (at least not directly) - they're showing what happened a while ago, while the cams themselves have the right time and are showing current activity (mostly wind). It's most obvious at White Rock WA because it's the furthest back.

I've refreshed the stream for Harrison Mills so it's now showing the current time, and sent a message to Ken since he'll need to refresh the feed he's getting from the cam to send to YouTube.

The forum was down for a while and is back now. We have been in touch with David Hathaway since he's the primary tech person for the forum, and he has contacted the company that runs the servers to ask them to look into it since it seems to him that it is more likely a server/connectivity problem than an issue with the forum software. It is the weekend - and I know that David Hathaway is busy with other projects and some personal stuff (all good) so may not be online as much as he often is - but hopefully we'll get it resolved soon.

Added -
the cams that were having time issues are Harrison North, White Rock WA and both Delta cams; I've refreshed the stream for Harrison Mills so it is showing the current time, and sent Ken a message about the others.

Several of the others are reverting to showing dvr from 12 hours ago, at least for me, but show what current activity when I click the Live button.
Thank you Judy !

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:38 pm

I don't always remember to post there - but years ago the other admins and I set up a little forum (http://www.wildlifecamwatch.com) that we use for testing things (we'll be upgrading the forum software sometime soon, and I'll do it first on the mini-forum to check for issues).

We also have a thread there for updates on issues with this forum - the link is http://www.wildlifecamwatch.com/viewtop ... 6&start=50 and that part of the forum is open to the public.

And the HWF forum is currently going up and down for me - so I'll try to post this when I get back on. David Hathaway knows we're still having issues, and is working on it.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:45 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:38 pm
I don't always remember to post there - but years ago the other admins and I set up a little forum (http://www.wildlifecamwatch.com) that we use for testing things (we'll be upgrading the forum software sometime soon, and I'll do it first on the mini-forum to check for issues).

We also have a thread there for updates on issues with this forum - the link is http://www.wildlifecamwatch.com/viewtop ... 6&start=50 and that part of the forum is open to the public.

And the HWF forum is currently going up and down for me - so I'll try to post this when I get back on. David Hathaway knows we're still having issues, and is working on it.
[/quote ]
Thanks Judy ..I tried the link and got this
screenshot_52.jpg

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

Return to “Technical Help”