Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:30 am

Feb 6 '

Hi Judy .HMills Cam has Black Screen
screenshot_02.png

LAsr live feed was 10:58am
TY Bev

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:34 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:30 am
Feb 6 '

Hi Judy .HMills Cam has Black Screen

Last live feed was 10:58am
TY Bev
Thanks, Bev - I have restarted the stream. :)

TY Judy!

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:10 pm

RoseA wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:07 pm
JudyB wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:05 pm

1:00 pm
Well, I have made note of the settings on both cams, and didn't see anything that jumped out as being off. I think I need to try this again when it's less windy - the tower and the cams were shaking, and that made it hard for me to tell what was the wind and what was a cam issue. Please feel free to remind me later or tomorrow - whenever it's a bit less breezy.

One thing I did notice - the settings for Day/Night are a bit different. Can you remind me which cam has the blue color for much longer in the morning? I can try switching that cam to the same setting as the other cam to see if that will help. Thanks!
Yeah, it wasn't windy earlier when I sent this reminder so understandable that you can't tell with all that going on.
I can't answer your question about the blue colour for sure but I think it's the East cam.
At least on my computer, the embedded cams don't seem to be as high resolution as they should be able to be, and I still can't think of a way that they could be clearer than what we see on the cam control screen when we log in to zoom with that, given that the default for these cams is to use the Main/highest resolution setting for the control window unless a zoomer switches to Stream 2/SubStream or Stream 3 (also lower resolution). (Our other cams default to a lower resolution/smaller size window for controlling the cam, though we can override that to take a screen shot from the control window; I don't do that often at Surrey Reserve because it tends to cause the feed to the embedded cam to break up or pixelate - but it is a useful tool at times.)

I'm not sure if I'll get to that today - but wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about this. :)

My next step will be to compare the settings with those for Surrey Reserve, and then check with Ken to see if he has any suggestions.

RoseA
Topic Assistant

Post by RoseA » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:13 pm

RoseA wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:07 pm
JudyB wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:05 pm
RoseA wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:43 am

Hi Judy, just reminding you about this issue.
1:00 pm
Well, I have made note of the settings on both cams, and didn't see anything that jumped out as being off. I think I need to try this again when it's less windy - the tower and the cams were shaking, and that made it hard for me to tell what was the wind and what was a cam issue. Please feel free to remind me later or tomorrow - whenever it's a bit less breezy.

One thing I did notice - the settings for Day/Night are a bit different. Can you remind me which cam has the blue color for much longer in the morning? I can try switching that cam to the same setting as the other cam to see if that will help. Thanks!
Yeah, it wasn't windy earlier when I sent this reminder so understandable that you can't tell with all that going on.
I can't answer your question about the blue colour for sure but I think it's the East cam.
Hi Judy
Just another reminder about this issue as it does not appear to be breezy today.
I think this view from either zoomer cam (if you click on the larger version) should give you a good idea what I'm talking about... as long as it's seen before it starts getting dark. Even in the still shot I can make out how horrible a view it is, without all the twitching, flickering etc.
FebView.jpg
“The eyesight for an eagle is what thought is to a man.”
― Dejan Stojanovic, The Creator

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:08 pm

RoseA wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:13 pm

Hi Judy
Just another reminder about this issue as it does not appear to be breezy today.
I think this view from either zoomer cam (if you click on the larger version) should give you a good idea what I'm talking about... as long as it's seen before it starts getting dark. Even in the still shot I can make out how horrible a view it is, without all the twitching, flickering etc.
FebView.jpg
I think we were posting at the same time - and I still need to compare the settings for Delta with those for Surrey.

First, I totally agree that the view from the cam is not as good as we expect from these cams.

Next, as far as I can tell, the view on the embedded cam and the view on the control screen/zoomer cam look equally awful. The screenshot below has the embedded cam on the left and the control screen on the right:
20230204_022.jpg

Hmm - the view from the East embedded cam seems less choppy/blurry when it first changes to a new spot on its patrol.
20230204_023.jpg

I'm going to log into West again and try moving it to see if that briefly provides a clearer picture.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:21 pm

RoseA wrote:

Hi Judy
I did some research, and have made some changes to the settings, changing Focus from semi-auto to auto, increasing the max bitrate, and switching the video encoding from H.264 to H.265.

It looks better - but I don't know if the signal will start pixelating; I suspect that's why Ken switched to the lower settings at some point. I'll send him a message later this evening to let him know what I changed, and have also added a post to the Delta Zoomer work area thread to document the changes.

Let me know if it works!

RoseA
Topic Assistant

Post by RoseA » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:10 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:21 pm
RoseA wrote:

Hi Judy
I did some research, and have made some changes to the settings, changing Focus from semi-auto to auto, increasing the max bitrate, and switching the video encoding from H.264 to H.265.

It looks better - but I don't know if the signal will start pixelating; I suspect that's why Ken switched to the lower settings at some point. I'll send him a message later this evening to let him know what I changed, and have also added a post to the Delta Zoomer work area thread to document the changes.

Let me know if it works!
Hi Judy, I just watching the East Cam (zoomer cam view) going through it's patrol and it seems greatly improved!!!
Thanks. :)
I will check the West cam view tomorrow when in a brighter light just to make sure.

RoseA
Topic Assistant

Post by RoseA » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:31 pm

RoseA wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:10 pm
JudyB wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:21 pm
RoseA wrote:

Hi Judy

Let me know if it works!
Hi Judy, I just watching the East Cam (zoomer cam view) going through it's patrol and it seems greatly improved!!!
Thanks. :)
I will check the West cam view tomorrow when in a brighter light just to make sure.
Unfortunately, I can't really tell with the West cam today if there's an improvement... it's windy again so of course the view is terrible. :( Let's hope it's just because of the wind this time. It was so nice to (briefly) see an improvement in the view from the zoomer cam.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:37 pm

RoseA wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:31 pm

Unfortunately, I can't really tell with the West cam today if there's an improvement... it's windy again so of course the view is terrible. :( Let's hope it's just because of the wind this time. It was so nice to (briefly) see an improvement in the view from the zoomer cam.
I know - I was wondering as well. I just took a very quick peek at the settings on West, and it is still on the new higher quality settings - I thought there might be a chance it reverted somehow, but that didn't happen.

I guess we just have to wait to see how it looks on the next less windy day. :)

RoseA
Topic Assistant

Post by RoseA » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:10 pm

JudyB wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:37 pm
RoseA wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:31 pm

I know - I was wondering as well. I just took a very quick peek at the settings on West, and it is still on the new higher quality settings - I thought there might be a chance it reverted somehow, but that didn't happen.

I guess we just have to wait to see how it looks on the next less windy day. :)
Yes :luck:
Whatever it is is affecting both cams, so really hope it is just the wind.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:13 pm

Sorry Judy I just saw this
screenshot_01.png
:( TY Bev
:offtobed:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:16 am

TY Judy Cam is streaming
Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 9.11.42 AM.png

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:19 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:16 am
TY Judy Cam is streaming
Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 9.11.42 AM.png
You're welcome - had to reboot my modem.

Thank you so Much Judy :hug:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:21 am

Delta West is frozen at 1:21 am - I'll send a message to Ken.

All the other embedded cams are streaming.

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:00 pm

WHITE ROCK
Both CU and WA are not live streaming.

NORTH is 50 minutes behind and is streaming.
----
sent email. :bye 1:
:grhug:

Return to “Technical Help”