Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:53 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:36 am
7:33 am more on Surrey cams. I went back to look and finding the north embedded cam clock and date are off from the south embedded cam. Note the time and date from the scraps of the cams side by side. I went back to last night to check to see if the eagles were in the nest at the 22:38 time and on the south cam, they were NOT in the nest. They were both in the nest this morning around the 7:05 am scap I used the the previous post. So think the north embedded cam clock and time is reverting to a forward time on the clock but is behind in actual time. The south cam is showing the visit from the eagles this morning but is behind in showing actually what is happening.

Showing cams from 22:38 without the eagles in the nest.
2023-02-01_9-29-18.jpg

Showing the cams from 7:33 am showing an empty nest on the south cam and eagle in the nest.
2023-02-01_9-34-10.jpg
Very strange - the time on the cam itself is showing February 6, 2036 :w00t:
20230201_001.jpg
I'm going to check a few settings, then probably ask Ken to take a look.

Stranger and stranger - the daylight savings rules are for 2036:
20230201_002.jpg

I've fixed errors in daylight savings on other cams, but when I go to the Maintenance page, it says to upload the rules, and I don't know how to do that (meaning what format, etc) so I'm going to pass this on to Ken.

Added - I think this is the same visit - it's about the same amount back and the activity is similar.
20230201_003.jpg

And Ken may already be working on this - the cam is now showing the correct time, and the daylight savings rules are set for 2023 - but the embedded view is still at 22:56 in February 2036.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:28 am

Good Morning All! The Delta 2 East Embedded cam is stuck at 2:26 am. The west cam seems to be fine.

amyklai
Zoomer

Post by amyklai » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:01 am

8.01a WR/ CU is frozen at 23:10

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:41 am

Good morning, and thanks! I sent a message to Ken, and they are now streaming again. :thumlft:

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:36 am

WHITE ROCK
CU patrol settings are askew . :bye 1:
:grhug:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:19 am

DDuckies2 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:36 am
WHITE ROCK
CU patrol settings are askew . :bye 1:
Thanks, DDuckies - I'll see if I can do a Recalibrate to get them back where they belong.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:14 am

5:12 am from Surrey, checking the rollback to 3:39 am when SM comes to the nest with vocals. I think I could just hear him. Either the sound isn't working on both embedded cams or at an extremely low level. Checked my computer sound and it is working. I just checked and it seems it is the north cam not recording sound. The eagles just vocalized and the best I can tell, the south cam is reflecting sound but the north cam is not.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

RoseA
Topic Assistant

Post by RoseA » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:43 am

RoseA wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:34 pm
JudyB wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:27 pm
RoseA wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm
Judy, the cams are streaming but the zoomer cams are terrible to look through the last couple of days or so... maybe since the last time Ken restarted them.
I think the West cam is worse. They are not too bad when looking at a distance shot for e.g. the Tower Eagles... but really bad when looking at the new nest or any zoomed in location... any spot without a solid background really.

They seemed to vibrate (like every pixel), pixelate, shimmer... etc... I'm not sure how to describe it really, and it's not because of the wind. It is not an issue after dark because of large black areas but during the day it's bad. Any solid areas of colour are okay really.
During the day it makes it hard to tell if someone is in the stick tree branches because of all the pixels twitching constantly.

Look at this view through either zoomer cam during daylight hours and see if you can see what I mean.
Jan31-View1.jpg
Thanks, Rose -

Just getting home after a long day, and it's starting to get dark, so I'll plan to take a look at this tomorrow. It's possible that Ken reduced the resolution to try to address other concerns - but I won't know until I have a look. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, and if you don't hear from me tomorrow, please feel free to remind me. :)
Thanks Judy, it's only noticeable during the day anyways.
Hi Judy, just reminding you about this issue.
“The eyesight for an eagle is what thought is to a man.”
― Dejan Stojanovic, The Creator

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:16 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:14 am
5:12 am from Surrey, checking the rollback to 3:39 am when SM comes to the nest with vocals. I think I could just hear him. Either the sound isn't working on both embedded cams or at an extremely low level. Checked my computer sound and it is working. I just checked and it seems it is the north cam not recording sound. The eagles just vocalized and the best I can tell, the south cam is reflecting sound but the north cam is not.
Thanks, Sandy! The sound seemed to be normal by the time I checked it - it's possible Ken refreshed the stream, which sometimes helps when the sound goes off.

If you're still noticing a problem, please let me know and I'll dig a bit more deeply. Thanks!

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:18 pm

RoseA wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:43 am

Thank you!

I had indeed forgotten all about that - will go take a look now.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:05 pm

RoseA wrote:

1:00 pm
Well, I have made note of the settings on both cams, and didn't see anything that jumped out as being off. I think I need to try this again when it's less windy - the tower and the cams were shaking, and that made it hard for me to tell what was the wind and what was a cam issue. Please feel free to remind me later or tomorrow - whenever it's a bit less breezy.

One thing I did notice - the settings for Day/Night are a bit different. Can you remind me which cam has the blue color for much longer in the morning? I can try switching that cam to the same setting as the other cam to see if that will help. Thanks!

RoseA
Topic Assistant

Post by RoseA » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:07 pm

JudyB wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:05 pm
RoseA wrote:

1:00 pm
Well, I have made note of the settings on both cams, and didn't see anything that jumped out as being off. I think I need to try this again when it's less windy - the tower and the cams were shaking, and that made it hard for me to tell what was the wind and what was a cam issue. Please feel free to remind me later or tomorrow - whenever it's a bit less breezy.

One thing I did notice - the settings for Day/Night are a bit different. Can you remind me which cam has the blue color for much longer in the morning? I can try switching that cam to the same setting as the other cam to see if that will help. Thanks!
Yeah, it wasn't windy earlier when I sent this reminder so understandable that you can't tell with all that going on.
I can't answer your question about the blue colour for sure but I think it's the East cam.
“The eyesight for an eagle is what thought is to a man.”
― Dejan Stojanovic, The Creator

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:46 pm

Hi Judy Re Mills
screenshot_10.png
TY Bev
This is what I saw before that
screenshot_01.png

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09