Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
RoseA
Topic Assistant

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by RoseA » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:30 pm

5:27pm problems still/again with the East embedded cam at Delta. It appeared frozen at 4:35pm, then leapt ahead to 4:41pm... this was all quite a bit behind the actual time of course.
It is currently frozen at 4:41pm but I'm sure the wind is now playing a part in the problems as well.

5:31pm it just leapt ahead to 4:51pm.
“The eyesight for an eagle is what thought is to a man.”
― Dejan Stojanovic, The Creator

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:42 pm

Thank you all for your reports. I'll send an email to Ken, but listening to the wind, I'm not sure if his restarting the streams will help for long.

It's now 6:35 pm. The Harrison Mills cam and the three White Rock cams are close to the actual time.

The Surrey Reserve cams are at 6:28 - and jumped to 6:29 while I was typing; both have spinning circles part of the time.

Delta West is at 6:28 with the spinning circle coming and going.

Delta East is at 5:41 pm and appears frozen, though it has jumped forward a couple of times while I was checking things.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:55 am

Cam check - 8:43 am

Surrey North - correct time, running smoothly
Surrey South - 4 minutes slow, freezing then skipping ahead

Delta East - 11 hours back (currently 9:46:33 pm yesterday), spinning circle
Delta West - about 8 hours back (currently 12:37:33 am today), spinning circle

Harrison North - correct time, running smoothly

White Rock - all three cams correct time, running smoothly

I logged into the three cams that have issues, and the cams are all showing the correct time and appear to be running smoothly, though I didn't watch very long.

I'll send a message to Ken.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:15 am

9:13 pm
I just talked with Ken - I'm going to take back the streaming for Harrison Mills, and he's going to be working on the streams for Delta and Surrey - so there will be some interruptions for those cams while he tries different settings to see if he can get the feed more stable.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:43 am

Good Morning Judy.Re H Mills Cam .. No Sound for me , '4:42am
TY Bev

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:47 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:43 am
TY Bev
5:45 am
Thanks, Bev - looked at the cam when I was up earlier but forgot to listen to it. :oops2:

Sound is back now. :)

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:56 am

JudyB wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:47 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:43 am
TY Bev
5:45 am
Thanks, Bev - looked at the cam when I was up earlier but forgot to listen to it. :oops2:

Sound is back now. :)
TY Judy I have sound now :huggie: Bev

RoseA
Topic Assistant

Post by RoseA » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm

Judy, the cams are streaming but the zoomer cams are terrible to look through the last couple of days or so... maybe since the last time Ken restarted them.
I think the West cam is worse. They are not too bad when looking at a distance shot for e.g. the Tower Eagles... but really bad when looking at the new nest or any zoomed in location... any spot without a solid background really.

They seemed to vibrate (like every pixel), pixelate, shimmer... etc... I'm not sure how to describe it really, and it's not because of the wind. It is not an issue after dark because of large black areas but during the day it's bad. Any solid areas of colour are okay really.
During the day it makes it hard to tell if someone is in the stick tree branches because of all the pixels twitching constantly.

Look at this view through either zoomer cam during daylight hours and see if you can see what I mean.
Jan31-View1.jpg

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:27 pm

RoseA wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm
Judy, the cams are streaming but the zoomer cams are terrible to look through the last couple of days or so... maybe since the last time Ken restarted them.
I think the West cam is worse. They are not too bad when looking at a distance shot for e.g. the Tower Eagles... but really bad when looking at the new nest or any zoomed in location... any spot without a solid background really.

They seemed to vibrate (like every pixel), pixelate, shimmer... etc... I'm not sure how to describe it really, and it's not because of the wind. It is not an issue after dark because of large black areas but during the day it's bad. Any solid areas of colour are okay really.
During the day it makes it hard to tell if someone is in the stick tree branches because of all the pixels twitching constantly.

Look at this view through either zoomer cam during daylight hours and see if you can see what I mean.
Jan31-View1.jpg
Thanks, Rose -

Just getting home after a long day, and it's starting to get dark, so I'll plan to take a look at this tomorrow. It's possible that Ken reduced the resolution to try to address other concerns - but I won't know until I have a look. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, and if you don't hear from me tomorrow, please feel free to remind me. :)

RoseA
Topic Assistant

Post by RoseA » Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:34 pm

JudyB wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:27 pm
RoseA wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm

Jan31-View1.jpg
Thanks, Rose -

Just getting home after a long day, and it's starting to get dark, so I'll plan to take a look at this tomorrow. It's possible that Ken reduced the resolution to try to address other concerns - but I won't know until I have a look. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, and if you don't hear from me tomorrow, please feel free to remind me. :)
Thanks Judy, it's only noticeable during the day anyways.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:09 am

Good Morning Judy
H Mills has Black Screen
screenshot_01.png
It was streaming at 4:20a
screenshot_02.png

TY Bev

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:21 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:09 am
Good Morning Judy
H Mills has Black Screen
screenshot_01.png It was streaming at 4:20a
screenshot_02.png
TY Bev
Thanks, Bev! Cam is streaming again on the snowy nest.

I did a quick check, and the other embedded cams are also all streaming as of 5:20 am.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:42 am

JudyB wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:21 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:09 am
Good Morning Judy
H Mills has Black Screen
screenshot_01.png It was streaming at 4:20a
screenshot_02.png
TY Bev
Thanks, Bev! Cam is streaming again on the snowy nest.

I did a quick check, and the other embedded cams are also all streaming as of 5:20 am.
Thank You Judy!~

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:14 am

7:05 am from Surrey, SM lands in the nest and the north embedded cam clock says 7:05 am. SF lands in the nest and the north embedded cam clock says 22:30 pm so the north embedded clock is showing an incorrect time. Honestly not sure if this is film from last night. Could be? Please note the s'caps. I think someone is on the zoomer cam but not sure so cannot check the zoomer cam.
2023-02-01_9-09-49.jpg
2023-02-01_9-10-30.jpg
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:36 am

7:33 am more on Surrey cams. I went back to look and finding the north embedded cam clock and date are off from the south embedded cam. Note the time and date from the scraps of the cams side by side. I went back to last night to check to see if the eagles were in the nest at the 22:38 time and on the south cam, they were NOT in the nest. They were both in the nest this morning around the 7:05 am scap I used the the previous post. So think the north embedded cam clock and time is reverting to a forward time on the clock but is behind in actual time. The south cam is showing the visit from the eagles this morning but is behind in showing actually what is happening.

Showing cams from 22:38 without the eagles in the nest.
2023-02-01_9-29-18.jpg
Showing the cams from 7:33 am showing an empty nest on the south cam and eagle in the nest.
2023-02-01_9-34-10.jpg
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

Return to “Technical Help”