Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:52 am

Hi Judy the H Mills Cam just went to Black Screen
TY Bev

PS Sorry Judy I just saw your post :oops2:

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:02 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:52 am
TY Bev

Thanks, Bev - I think we were posting at the same time. And I appreciate the post - I was at my computer so saw it happen this time, but that's not always the case.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:04 am

JudyB wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:02 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:52 am
TY Bev

Thanks, Bev - I think we were posting at the same time. And I appreciate the post - I was at my computer so saw it happen this time, but that's not always the case.
TY Judy !

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:17 pm

Jean wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:19 pm
10:17pm............At SR............. N embedded cam is about 45 seconds behind the zoomer cam. The S cam is about 1 minute behind the zoomer cam.

Is it possible to move this time closer together for the embedded cams and zoomer cams? This is too long and frustrating if a zoomer is using the cams to follow any action. Thanks.
Sandy_W wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:51 am
5:50 am at Surrey, thanks, Jean, for noticing the times off between the embedded cams and zoomer cams. Yes, I had to wait to get a scap for about a minute of SF making a crop drop. For example, getting scraps going back and forth between night perch and nest...had to wait the time to catch the scaps for the posts. Anyway, I have these screenshots to show the difference in times for both cams. Would be nice for the time difference to be corrected. 2023-01-14_7-48-51.jpg2023-01-14_7-49-01.jpg
Thanks for your reports, Jean and Sandy, and the good documentation. I did hear from Ken, and there's nothing he can do to fix the problem. He said that the time stamp in the OBS program that he uses to send the feed from the camera to YouTube was only a few seconds behind the time he saw when logging into the cams directly - so refreshing the stream wouldn't help because the correct time was already being sent from his computer.

Neither Ken nor I have any clue where the delay is happening. I just checked and Surrey North embedded is about 45 seconds behind for me, and Surrey South embedded is almost a minute behind - about the same as you reported this morning, Sandy - so I don't think it's anything to do with our local internet or browsers or anything like that - though they can cause issues. I checked another cam that streams through YouTube, and it was was about 30 seconds behind real time (though I don't know what their zoomer link would show since I'm not a zoomer there).

Sorry I don't have better news - but we really don't have any idea what else we can try.

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:03 am

WHITE ROCK
NORTH live stream is lagging just over an hour behind.
:grhug:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:21 am

DDuckies2 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:03 am
WHITE ROCK
NORTH live stream is lagging just over an hour behind.
Thanks, DDuckies - I've let Ken know.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:36 am

Good Morning Everyone! The Delta 2 West Embedded Cam is stuck at 11:07 pm. The east cam is okay, and so are both zoomer cams.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:41 am

SueB wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:36 am
Good Morning Everyone! The Delta 2 West Embedded Cam is stuck at 11:07 pm. The east cam is okay, and so are both zoomer cams.
Thanks, Sue - I'll let Ken know.

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:26 am

jan 26.

WHITE ROCK
NORTH is streaming 30 minutes behind.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:46 am

DDuckies2 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:26 am
jan 26.

WHITE ROCK
8:38 am
Thanks, DDuckies - I just checked the cam and it was the same time as all the rest, so it's possible that Ken recently refreshed the stream. If you're still seeing it 30 minutes behind, you might try doing shift+refresh/reload - that sort of "hard refresh" makes the page re-import everything rather than using cached information.

If that doesn't work, please let me know and we'll see what else we can try.

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:04 am

JudyB wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:46 am
DDuckies2 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:26 am
jan 26.

WHITE ROCK
8:38 am
Thanks, DDuckies - I just checked the cam and it was the same time as all the rest, so it's possible that Ken recently refreshed the stream. If you're still seeing it 30 minutes behind, you might try doing shift+refresh/reload - that sort of "hard refresh" makes the page re-import everything rather than using cached information.

If that doesn't work, please let me know and we'll see what else we can try.
Yes its on time now. :)

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:22 am

10:21 am from Surrey, reported through email both embedded cams are freezing and then running and then freezing again. I got on the zoomer cams and they were working fine.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:20 am

Surrey - N cam froze while I was checking DVR and then went black at approximately 11:03 am. S cam followed suit at 11:05 am.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:52 pm

2:52 pm from Surrey, both embedded cams are frozen at 1:00 pm however will jump forward in second time jumps.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:03 pm

Good Afternoon All! Sorry I forgot to report this earlier today when I was on the Delta cams but the East embedded cam is stuttering, and jumping ahead in time. When I was zooming I did have some hesitation in panning but thought it was just me. When I went to the embedded cam screen it was stuttering in the same spots as when I was on the zoomer cam. I just went to check the rollback and it seems to be doing the same thing still.

Return to “Technical Help”