Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:54 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:57 am
From Delta east cam, the east cam is lagging and pixelating. These two images are at the same time, one from the east zoomer cam with the pixelating image and the other from the cam view, which does not show the pixelating. I noticed sometimes when the east zoomer cam would lag some, the cam view would have a circle spinning but not always.2022-09-26_9-41-42.jpg2022-09-26_9-33-14.jpg
Thanks, Sandy! I posted more details on the zoomer thread, but one thing you might try is changing the resolution of the window you use for zooming from Stream 1 to SubStream/Stream 2 - that reduces the bandwidth needed and might help stop the pixelating. The cam was behaving nicely while I was on it, so this is just a theory until one of you zoomers can try it when the cam is sticking and pixelating.

As an aside to others who are interested, we normally have the Vivotek cams set so the zoomers use a lower resolution window for zooming to reduce the bandwidth required and allow us to have the embedded cam we are viewing at the highest possible resolution, so this would be similar to what we've been doing with other cams.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:42 am

From Surrey Reserve: 7:41 am the north cam is frozen at 15:15 pm - 10/01 and the south cam time is behind at 1:32 am 10/02 at this point.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:48 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:42 am
From Surrey Reserve: 7:41 am the north cam is frozen at 15:15 pm - 10/01 and the south cam time is behind at 1:32 am 10/02 at this point.
Thanks for contacting Ken, Sandy - and thanks to Ken for getting the streams started again! :thumlft:

RoseA
Topic Assistant

Post by RoseA » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:15 pm

2:12pm I wonder why the E-Cam at Delta 2 is so slow to respond and constantly freezes. The W-Cam is great... responds very quickly.. and yet they are both new.
The E-Cam will run for a few seconds, freeze for a few seconds (sometimes up to 5 seconds), run again... off and on like that constantly. Is the connection different or something?
Is there anything to be done to help the E-Cam?
“The eyesight for an eagle is what thought is to a man.”
― Dejan Stojanovic, The Creator

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:53 pm

RoseA wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:15 pm
2:12pm I wonder why the E-Cam at Delta 2 is so slow to respond and constantly freezes. The W-Cam is great... responds very quickly.. and yet they are both new.
The E-Cam will run for a few seconds, freeze for a few seconds (sometimes up to 5 seconds), run again... off and on like that constantly. Is the connection different or something?
Is this just while you are logged in to zoom, Rose? Or are you also noticing it while no one is logged in?

I think the settings should be the same on both, and, as you say, they are identical cams. I'm going to log in quickly to compare settings to make sure that is true. If I can't find any differences, I'll check with Ken to see if he can think of any reason. I know that the line to one of the cams broke when the nest was being raised and had to be replaced, but don't know which one - and have no idea if it's relevant.

Off to take a quick look at the settings.

RoseA
Topic Assistant

Post by RoseA » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:26 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:53 pm
RoseA wrote:
Is this just while you are logged in to zoom, Rose? Or are you also noticing it while no one is logged in?

I think the settings should be the same on both, and, as you say, they are identical cams. I'm going to log in quickly to compare settings to make sure that is true. If I can't find any differences, I'll check with Ken to see if he can think of any reason. I know that the line to one of the cams broke when the nest was being raised and had to be replaced, but don't know which one - and have no idea if it's relevant.

Thanks Judy... I saw your email to Ken before I saw this answer.

RoseA
Topic Assistant

Post by RoseA » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:41 pm

RoseA wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:26 pm
JudyB wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:53 pm
RoseA wrote:

Thanks Judy... I saw your email to Ken before I saw this answer.

I should add, yes this is when I'm logged into the zoomer cams.... I don't see in happening on the embedded cams.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:07 pm

RoseA wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:41 pm

I should add, yes this is when I'm logged into the zoomer cams.... I don't see in happening on the embedded cams.
Thanks - that's what I was seeing as well.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:26 am

Good Morning Judy .. I was posting on H Mills ..Cam went to Black Screen
viewtopic.php?p=612347#p612347

Thank You ,'BEV

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:43 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:26 am

Thank You ,'BEV
Thanks, Bev -

I just saw this and restarted the stream.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:46 am

JudyB wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:43 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:26 am

Thank You ,'BEV
Thanks, Bev -

I just saw this and restarted the stream.
TY Judy!

Heather L
Zoomer

Post by Heather L » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:43 pm

Hi Judy , HM has gone to Black Screen not sure when but since Bev's last post 5:22 pm . I checked BC Hydro didn't see any outages

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:10 pm

The NPTZ Cam is streaming
Heather and Judy !
screenshot_01.png

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:10 pm

Heather L wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:43 pm
Hi Judy , HM has gone to Black Screen not sure when but since Bev's last post 5:22 pm . I checked BC Hydro didn't see any outages
11:10 pm
Thanks, Heather and Bev - I've restarted the stream.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:11 am

Hi Judy ! 'I was posting on H Mills and Cam went to Black Screen

viewtopic.php?p=612583#p612583 TY Bev

Return to “Technical Help”