Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:58 am

Good morning, everyone!

Thank you for reminders and updates on the issues involved in staying logged in - I'm hoping to have some time to do a bit of research on that today.

Morning cam check - White Rock WA and North are both frozen, at 22:59 and 11:05 pm respectively; Delta cams are both streaming - thanks, Philjo, for reporting them and providing the update when Ken restarted them. Both Surrey cams and Harrison North are streaming.

Harrison Mills South and French Creek both have issues that we have not been able to fix from the ground, so unless they restart on their own (which might happen if a loose wire is jiggled just right by the wind or a helpful squirrel, but that isn't really likely), I'm afraid they are likely offline until next summer when we can hopefully send someone up the tree while the eagles are on summer break.

I'll let Ken know about the White Rock cams.

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:30 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:58 am
Good morning, everyone!

Thank you for reminders and updates on the issues involved in staying logged in - I'm hoping to have some time to do a bit of research on that today.

Morning cam check - White Rock WA and North are both frozen, at 22:59 and 11:05 pm respectively; Delta cams are both streaming - thanks, Philjo, for reporting them and providing the update when Ken restarted them. Both Surrey cams and Harrison North are streaming.

Harrison Mills South and French Creek both have issues that we have not been able to fix from the ground, so unless they restart on their own (which might happen if a loose wire is jiggled just right by the wind or a helpful squirrel, but that isn't really likely), I'm afraid they are likely offline until next summer when we can hopefully send someone up the tree while the eagles are on summer break.

Thanks Judy. I know you have other things to do besides research log-in issues. Hopefully it is something simple to fix; just a setting gone wrong.
AKA: Marianne

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:31 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:58 am
Good morning, everyone!

Thanks Judy. I know you have other things to do besides research log-in issues. Hopefully it is something simple to fix; just a setting gone wrong.
AKA: Marianne

CC398
Topic Assistant

Post by CC398 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:32 pm

Hi guys. Just looking for some advice in the tech department. No errors on your end but rather mine. I cleared my browsing history this morning and now I cannot use the cams. I can log in no problem but then it is automatically frozen with the "STOP" button in light grey. I have a red arrow showing what I mean. I typically use Chrome with no issues. I tried it on both Chrome and Microsoft Edge with the same result. Any advice would be awesome.
Attachments
11.jpg
I have found that watching Eagles in Nature is the best and most addictive show on Earth - CC

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:44 pm

CC398 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:32 pm
Hi guys. Just looking for some advice in the tech department. No errors on your end but rather mine. I cleared my browsing history this morning and now I cannot use the cams. I can log in no problem but then it is automatically frozen with the "STOP" button in light grey. I have a red arrow showing what I mean. I typically use Chrome with no issues. I tried it on both Chrome and Microsoft Edge with the same result. Any advice would be awesome.
I use Internet Explorer - is that an option for you?

I tried logging in with Chrome and got the same screen you do. I have some thoughts about ways around that, but need to do more research - the quick things I tried didn't do it (though the fact I was logged in twice probably didn't help. :oops2:

CC398
Topic Assistant

Post by CC398 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:28 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:44 pm
CC398 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:32 pm
I use Internet Explorer - is that an option for you?

I tried logging in with Chrome and got the same screen you do. I have some thoughts about ways around that, but need to do more research - the quick things I tried didn't do it (though the fact I was logged in twice probably didn't help. :oops2:
Thanks Judy. It seems to be coming and going now. I'll install IE when I get home.
I have found that watching Eagles in Nature is the best and most addictive show on Earth - CC

CC398
Topic Assistant

Post by CC398 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:12 pm

Turns out IE and ME and considered the same. I've never had any luck on ME. I suspect my problems have something to do with the ad block I installed long ago. When I play with that it works sometimes. Waiting for my techy son to get back to me. Right now it's hit and miss, unfortunately.

ADDED: My son told me to download FF and I did and it is working so far. It's not great, but it's working. I suspect it might have something to do with sync on my google account. My son is helping me figure it out.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:59 pm

CC398 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:12 pm
Turns out IE and ME and considered the same. I've never had any luck on ME. I suspect my problems have something to do with the ad block I installed long ago. When I play with that it works sometimes. Waiting for my techy son to get back to me. Right now it's hit and miss, unfortunately.

ADDED: My son told me to download FF and I did and it is working so far. It's not great, but it's working. I suspect it might have something to do with sync on my google account. My son is helping me figure it out.
My computer is unfortunately compatible with Windows 11 and knowing how pushy Microsoft is, I will probably be updated unwillingly at some point - which is a problem since I'm not sure I can log into the cams without Internet Explorer, which is not compatible with Win11. Not sure what to do, but know I'm not the only one in this place, so if you or your son come up with any solutions, please let me know!

Getting late here after a long day, so I'll probably call it a day soon. Thanks for your help - and if you come across anything that may help the folks having trouble logging into the forum, please share it here - thanks!

CC398
Topic Assistant

Post by CC398 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:03 pm

Will do Judy. Have a good night!

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:16 pm

Monday, January 24
3:15 pm

Ken just called to let us know he needs to do some maintenance on his computer, so the embedded cams for Surrey, Delta and White Rock will be frozen or offline until the maintenance is finished and he can restart the streams. It's usually a fairly quick process.

The zoomer links should not be affected.

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:22 am

Hi Judy
01h00 Frozen west cam at Delta 2
:bye 1:
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:46 am

Philjo56France wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:22 am
Hi Judy
01h00 Frozen west cam at Delta 2
Thanks, Philjo! I'm late getting here this morning and see that Ken has already restarted the stream.

Harrison Mills also had a black screen and I've restarted that.

White Rock and Surrey Reserve cams are streaming.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:52 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:52 am
8:49 am Hi Judy, since the form went through the change, I have to log in each time for the Delta zoomer schedule. This is the only thread I need to do so not a big deal. Just thought I would mention it. Rose from Delta said she had to do the same but Jean said she didn't.2022-01-20_10-49-03.jpg
Hi Sandy and others with log-in and stay-in issues. Yesterday when I was in a private work area, I clicked a link to another post (we have a "Helpful Hints for Admins" thread because otherwise I'd never remember how to do some of the things we only do occasionally!) - and got a message that I needed to log in - which had never happened before.

What appears to be the problem (and may be related to how links are handled - or also involve permission levels or who knows what) - anyway, I changed the URL for one of the links from http to https - and then it worked. It may be a setting or something on the new server is stricter about that than we used to be, or browsers may be updating.

My suggestion is that everyone look at the way you normally go to places that are now giving you trouble, and if there's a link involved, either change it to https or let me know if it's in a forum place you can't edit, and I'll change it.

(note to zoomers - this is just for the forum - please do not change the links you use to log in on the cams; we may need to change their URLs eventually, but that's a topic for another day.)

Please do let me know if changing your shortcuts to https solves the problem. Or if it doesn't. Thanks!

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:56 am

Hi Judy
04h54 At Delta2, East cam is frozen (03h30)
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:33 am

Philjo56France wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:56 am
Hi Judy
04h54 At Delta2, East cam is frozen (03h30)
White Rock CU is also frozen at 3:49 am. Both cams are fine, so it is just a matter of restarting the streams.

I'll send a message to Ken.

Return to “Technical Help”