Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:17 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:56 am
JudyB wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:37 am
Jean wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:15 pm
7:15pm.........At Delta2 the sound is sputtering again........and the sound on the embedded cams is too low, particularly the E cam.
I've put the volume up a bit. The sputtering may be the bitrate, and I may need to check with Ken about that. Let me know if the sputtering is still a problem in the morning. Thanks!
Good morning, Judy. Just got off the zooming and the only sound I am hearing now is a humming with a bit of an occasional slight pop from the east embedded cam.
Thanks, Sandy - and it's a foggy day with no wind (and was the middle of the night when I made the adjustment) - so I don't know how to set it so you will be able to hear birds singing or leaves rustling unless there's some sort of sound that I know is there. I think I need to pull the volume back a bit to reduce the hum - but until there's some background noise, I'm not sure how to proceed. If any of you hear work going on or anything that might last long enough for me to log into the cam, please send me a PM as I might see that faster than a message here (though I do have notifications set for this thread, so posting here should also work).

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:55 pm

1:53 pm from Delta 2 regarding the popping sounds and humming, Judy, I just got off the cams and the sounds I heard this morning are no longer being heard. Just hear the normal sounds of the nest area with a bit of breeze blowing and some sounds of vehicles around the area. So your magic maybe working.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:35 am

Wednesday , Oct.7 , 2020

Good Morming Judy

5:26a
Harrison Mills Embedded cams are down.. I can connect to the PTZ Ones

Thank You
Bev

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:31 am

Good Morning All! Delta 2 Embedded cams are also down.....based on one viewer's post Delta...they were down around 5:30 am.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:06 am

Good morning, everyone. It looks as if all the embedded cams are down. I know Ken was planning to move the server to a location with an even higher speed internet connection than his high speed connection to see if that will help, so that may be what is happening now. I'll post an update when I learn more.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:17 am

JudyB wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:06 am
Good morning, everyone. It looks as if all the embedded cams are down. I know Ken was planning to move the server to a location with an even higher speed internet connection than his high speed connection to see if that will help, so that may be what is happening now. I'll post an update when I learn more.

Thank you Judy and good luck Ken ~

Darlene
Admin

Post by Darlene » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:36 pm

4:35 The Delta cams have been down for at least a half hour.
Darlene, Langley, member since May 10 2006

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:39 pm

6:37pm......Embedded cams still down at Delta2. Also wanted to say that the controls of the zoomer cams are really sloppy right now and have been for a few days. Delayed reactions, overshooting the target etc. and cams seem to be panning slower than they should considering the settings.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:52 am

FRIDAY, October 9. 2020,

Good Morning Judy

Re H Mills
S Cam is down .... N Cam is pixelating badly

Thank you

Bev

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:46 am

9:37 am
All embedded cams appear to be down except Surrey North, which I'm streaming to YouTube from my computer so it's not going through Ken's system. Ken said he was likely to move the his server to a place with a faster connection in case the upload speed at his house was an issue. (He has very fast service - but is trying to stream 9 cams at full high res, which takes a lot of bandwidth.)

My personal thought is that we'll need to put some of the cams back from 1080p HD to 720p - so they won't be as sharp at full screen, but will be less likely to have the signal break up or pixelate or the sound go choppy - but we'd like to have the biggest best images possible, so we're trying that first.

Note - Surrey North is currently streaming at a low res 360p and being digitally stretched to 720 - which is keeping it running fairly smoothly, but it's not the crisp image you'd get if the signal from the cam was higher. We're hoping most other cams will be able to stream at 720 (which is twice as wide and twice as high, so potentially uses more than twice the bandwidth) - and with luck some will stream smoothly at 1080 (Delta cams should do that, but even they have been having some issues, which is part of the reason Ken is trying to upgrade his speed).

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:19 am

Judy B, I've been having trouble with the forum loading slowing and at some nests, they only half load. Is this because of Ken moving the system, I don't seem to have the problem on non HWF cams like Berry; HM is the worst.
AKA: Marianne

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:38 am

Re H Mills ..
10:21 am
The embedded cams are streaming .... RES at 1080 ...... Thank you Ken !

Time stamp is small .. :luck: that will change

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:58 am

Kitcat11848 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:19 am
Judy B, I've been having trouble with the forum loading slowing and at some nests, they only half load. Is this because of Ken moving the system, I don't seem to have the problem on non HWF cams like Berry; HM is the worst.
I haven't been on the forum much today, Marianne; it's been OK when I have been, but I know sometimes it is hard to save your posts. I don't think it's related to what Ken's doing - I think the server is what sends the signals from the cams to YouTube, which then sends them to our Live Cams pages as well as our our YouTube pages - but I don't think it's related to the forum, and I think the computers that run the forum software are managed by David Hathaway, although the older archived forum is on computers at Ken's place, I think.

Right now most of our cams are streaming at a higher resolution than I think the internet at the site can handle consistently - and that will affect the quality of the images on the embedded cams and will probably affect the ability to zoom smoothly because that also uses bandwidth at the site.

I think what Ken is doing is setting the cams to their highest setting, and then seeing if he can get them streaming well at 1080p HD. If he finds some tweaks that will make that happen - it'll be great - we will have some excellent closeups and crisp clear images even at full screen. If that doesn't work for one or more locations, and he's not able to increase the internet speed at the site, he'll be trying the next setting down, which is 720p (which means 1280 pixels wide and 720 pixels high; 1080p is 1920 pixels wide and 1080 pixels high).

Unfortunately there's not much we can do while he's doing the testing other than letting him know what we're seeing - and continuing to have the zoomers report when the cam controls are better or worse than usual, since that's also part of the equation he's trying to solve.

JudyB
Admin

Re:

Post by JudyB » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:07 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:38 am
Re H Mills ..

Unfortunately the time stamp is not adjustable on the HM cams - it will be the right size if you go to full screen (at least if you have a big enough monitor), but will be smaller when you watch in a smaller window.

I suspect there is not enough bandwidth for the cams to stream well at the current 1080 setting, and Ken will eventually go back to 720, which will make the time stamp appear larger. But that may not happen for a couple of days.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:02 pm

11:58 am the Delta 2 embedded cams are down as well at some of the other sites. Assuming Ken maybe working on them but not sure.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Re: Re:

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:07 pm

JudyB wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:07 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:38 am
Re H Mills ..

Unfortunately the time stamp is not adjustable on the HM cams - it will be the right size if you go to full screen (at least if you have a big enough monitor), but will be smaller when you watch in a smaller window.

I suspect there is not enough bandwidth for the cams to stream well at the current 1080 setting, and Ken will eventually go back to 720, which will make the time stamp appear larger. But that may not happen for a couple of days.

Thanks Judy .. my monitor is big enough :)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:28 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:02 pm
11:58 am the Delta 2 embedded cams are down as well at some of the other sites. Assuming Ken maybe working on them but not sure.
Ken said the cams might go down for a while because he had to unplug something and move it, so I'm guessing that's what's happening.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:07 pm

12:59pm
The embedded cams are back at H Mills ....Thank You Ken !

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:59 pm

All the embedded cams seem to be working except Delta 2 East - and Ken and I couldn't log into that cam directly either so it's probably an issue at the site. Ken is going to try to contact the person who lives there to ask him to reboot the equipment at the site, which (with a bit of luck) should solve the problem.

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:48 pm

Thanks Judy for all the information and update. Hopefully Ken will get everything all sorted out. Thank you for all both of you are doing .
AKA: Marianne

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:27 pm

4:14p.. Re H Mills N Embedded Cam ..I am so sorry to report the N Embedded Cam at H Mills is pixelating .... S embedded cam is fine...

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:51 pm

Thank you all!

As of this moment (5:56 pm), all of our current cams are streaming!

Please post here when you see a cam not streaming as well as you'd like, the way Bev did above. I suspect not all the places where we have cams will be able to consistently send us a high resolution signal. so we may need to do some tweaking - but we're off to a good start.

And if all 9 are still streaming in the morning, even if they're pixelating a bit, I will be thrilled!

And we are heading into the weekend, so I'm not sure how much fine tuning we'll do in the next couple of days - but next week we will be back on the job of getting all the cams the best they can be.

Thank you all for reporting here!

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:08 pm

JudyB wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:51 pm
Thank you all!

As of this moment (5:56 pm), all of our current cams are streaming!

Please post here when you see a cam not streaming as well as you'd like, the way Bev did above. I suspect not all the places where we have cams will be able to consistently send us a high resolution signal. so we may need to do some tweaking - but we're off to a good start.

And if all 9 are still streaming in the morning, even if they're pixelating a bit, I will be thrilled!

And we are heading into the weekend, so I'm not sure how much fine tuning we'll do in the next couple of days - but next week we will be back on the job of getting all the cams the best they can be.

Thank you all for reporting here!
Thank You Judy... and I hope you and Ken have a well deserved good weekend with lots of R & R .. Take Care and thank you both for all you do :grhug:

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:36 am

7:34 am at Delta 2 the east embedded cam is offline and could not connect to the east zoomer cam this morning. Getting the message "Can't reach page." Both the west embedded cam and west zoomer cam are functioning. Edited to take s'cap out for the message.
Last edited by Sandy_W on Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:15 am

Re H Mills..FYI
N Cam has spinning circle and stuck at 1:14am.. S Cam is streaming .. all is good .. one cam is better than none .. :) Both direct access cams are streaming ..

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:23 am

North SR cam is down as of 10:17 last night. South looks and sounds great!

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:50 am

10:48 am
Message sent to Ken:

I can't log into either the Surrey North cam or the Delta 2 East cam using the direct access/zoomer link - the cams themselves appear to be offline, though Surrey South and Delta West are fine, so it's not a power outage at either site.

We can log into Harrison Mills North and White Rock North/HikVision directly, but the embedded cams are down for those two locations.

Embedded cams are streaming at Delta West, Harrison Mills South, Surrey Reserve South, White Rock CU and White Rock North.

I'm going to be away from the computer for a while - will check back when I can.

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:09 pm

South Surrey is stuttering and pixelating as of 12:59 pm.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:49 pm

Message sent to Ken 4:43 pm:

Surrey North and Delta East are completely down - we can't reach them when we try to log in directly

White Rock North/HikVision and Harrison Mills North embedded cams are down or frozen; the cams are OK if we sign in directly

Surrey South embedded and White Rock CU embedded are choppy

Delta West, Harrison Mills South and White Rock WA embedded cams seem to be streaming well.

amyklai
Topic Assistant

Post by amyklai » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:04 am

JudyB wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:49 pm
Message sent to Ken 4:43 pm:

Surrey North and Delta East are completely down - we can't reach them when we try to log in directly

White Rock North/HikVision and Harrison Mills North embedded cams are down or frozen; the cams are OK if we sign in directly

Surrey South embedded and White Rock CU embedded are choppy

Delta West, Harrison Mills South and White Rock WA embedded cams seem to be streaming well.
Yes , still this AM
WR

Return to “Technical Help”