Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:42 pm

Thanks Jean and Judy ! I thought I was seeing things :mihihi:

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:27 pm

I'm going to be doing something that will make people log in again - and hopefully, once everyone logs in this time, we won't have any more issues with people being logged out.

However....

If you can log in but are still having issues, please post here.

If you cannot log in, please send me an email at [email protected]

Please keep in mind that I'm on the east coast and have some health issues so I'm not here 24/7 - but I will get back to everyone who posts or email.

And hopefully we won't have to do this - fingers crossed. :luck:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:52 am

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2019

Thanks Judy for all you are doing :hug:

For the record.....

I had to log in three times so far this morning...... the good news is that I was able to do so! :)

It was frustrating when I lost my post and had to do it again.... that only happened once ..

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:14 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:52 am

For the record.....

I had to log in three times so far this morning...... the good news is that I was able to do so! :)

It was frustrating when I lost my post and had to do it again.... that only happened once ..
Have you tried deleting your cookies, Bev? If things are working now, there's no reason to do that - but if you're still getting logged out, I'd start by using the Delete Cookies link at the bottom of the page:
20190204_008.jpg
20190204_008.jpg (2.12 KiB) Viewed 169 times
If that doesn't solve the problem, I'd delete all the cookies and see if that helps.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:49 am

Another quick thing to try if you're having trouble logging in, or have been logged out - if you hold down the Shift key while clicking the Reload or Refresh button, most browsers will load the page from the website - not the copy they have stored in the cache.

I'd probably try the Delete Cookies link at the bottom of the page, then Shift + Reload/Refresh.

If people are still having trouble logging in or staying logged in, please let me know by posting here, sending me a PM or sending me an email to [email protected]

If things are better today - I'd love to know that, too. :)

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:16 am

JudyB wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:14 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:52 am

For the record.....

I had to log in three times so far this morning...... the good new is that I was able to do so! :)

Have you tried deleting your cookies, Bev? If things are working now, there's no reason to do that - but if you're still getting logged out, I'd start by using the Delete Cookies link at the bottom of the page:
20190204_008.jpg

If that doesn't solve the problem, I'd delete all the cookies and see if that helps.
Thanks Judy .. Yes .. I deleted my cookies.. If i get logged out again I will use the Delete Cookies link at the bottom of the page ....... funny .... I didn't see that.. :puzz:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:52 am

Hi Judy....Me again !

I was posting at Pittsburgh Hays at approx. 2:42 pm and when I hit submit .. up comes a notice for me to login and there wasn't " delete cookies" at the bottom of the page ... lost my post again ... I logged in and starts all over again ~ :yes:

Thanks .
Bev

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:12 pm

IrishEyes wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:52 am
Hi Judy....Me again !

I was posting at Pittsburgh Hays at approx. 2:42 pm and when I hit submit .. up comes a notice for me to login and there wasn't " delete cookies" at the bottom of the page ... lost my post again ... I logged in and starts all over again ~ :yes:

Thanks .
Bev
Thanks, Bev! When I lost my post that way a few days ago, I was able to use the back button to get back to where the post was, and I could copy the text to a word document so I didn't have to retype it (copying to the clipboard would also work as long as I didn't get distracted and copy something else before I got the message posted!).

And I appreciate your posting here - we do need to know if this is better or worse, and what things people have tried to solve this. If it's still happening you may need to try deleting your cookies the longer way that you sent me - and if that doesn't do it, you may need to delete your cache, or at least try logging into the forum and then holding down the shift key and clicking the reload/refresh button - which should get you to the new forum page with the new cookie info. For better or worse, things have been working OK for me - so I haven't had to try any of this. But I also am not posting a series of observations - maybe I should find a nest with more activity than Surrey and do some posting to see what happens. :)

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:27 pm

Thanks Judy ..I will do all that .. I was posting at H MILls and zooming out front

I posted this......Cl s'caps for bigger !
screenshot_02.jpg

And when I hit submit I got this
screenshot_03.jpg

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:46 pm

JudyB wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:12 pm
IrishEyes wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:52 am
Hi Judy....Me again !

Thanks .
Bev
Thanks, Bev! When I lost my post that way a few days ago, I was able to use the back button to get back to where the post was, and I could copy the text to a word document so I didn't have to retype it (copying to the clipboard would also work as long as I didn't get distracted and copy something else before I got the message posted!).

And I appreciate your posting here - we do need to know if this is better or worse, and what things people have tried to solve this. If it's still happening you may need to try deleting your cookies the longer way that you sent me - and if that doesn't do it, you may need to delete your cache, or at least try logging into the forum and then holding down the shift key and clicking the reload/refresh button - which should get you to the new forum page with the new cookie info. For better or worse, things have been working OK for me - so I haven't had to try any of this. But I also am not posting a series of observations - maybe I should find a nest with more activity than Surrey and do some posting to see what happens. :)
Thanks and I did all that Judy and :luck: it helps ! I am happy things are working for you Judy ! :hug:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm

Thanks, Bev!

As a reminder, we have instructions for deleting cookies in the Helpful Hints area - see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13&p=148341#p148341

I've also added to the instructions for Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari to explain how to delete only the cookies set by Hancock Wildlife (so you don't get signed out of everything, which happens if you delete all cookies). I also added instructions for Safari for iPhones under the Safari link.

If you have any questions, or suggestions for making the instructions more clear, please let me know.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:51 pm

JudyB wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm
Thanks, Bev!

As a reminder, we have instructions for deleting cookies in the Helpful Hints area - see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13&p=148341#p148341

I've also added to the instructions for Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari to explain how to delete only the cookies set by Hancock Wildlife (so you don't get signed out of everything, which happens if you delete all cookies). I also added instructions for Safari for iPhones under the Safari link.

If you have any questions, or suggestions for making the instructions more clear, please let me know.
Thanks so much Judy .. you never cease to amaze me with all that you do ! :grhug:

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:27 am

Good Morning All! The W Embedded Cam for Delta 2 is down. I'm getting ready to login to the zoomer cams so will check to be sure they are working....assuming so since the E Embedded cam is up.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:01 pm

Good Afternoon !

Hi Judy!
I had to login four times in the last 15 mins. that is 6 times so far today!

ADDED Make that 6 times !~

ADDED
. Since my last post .. all is going well :luck: it lasts! I have been posting on H Mills and other non HWF nest threads as well :luck:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:00 pm

Glad to hear it's working now, Bev - and I'll also keep fingers crossed for you!

Note - David Hathaway made a tiny tweak to one of the admin functions a few minutes ago; it shouldn't affect anything except how we approve new members - but if it miraculously is making it easier for everyone to stay logged in, please let me know!

And if people are suddenly having new problems - or people who had not had trouble staying logged in before are now having trouble - I would like to know that, too. Thanks!

3:30 pm
Just went to check out some stuff on Facebook - and when I got back I needed to log in again.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

!

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:38 pm

Thank Judy

3:38pm nest time/

I am back from dinner ..... so far so good ! :luck:

ADDED

It is 6:39pm Nest time..... 10:39pm my time and all is good with the cams :) :luck: for tomorrow! :)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:46 pm

Quick cam update -

I forgot to post, but I rebooted Delta West, and that brought the embedded cam back up.

I've rebooted Surrey Reserve North, but the signal is still choppy with far too frequent spinning circles; reloading the page may help briefly, but I think we need the Wowza rebooted before it will stream consistently.

I rebooted Harrison Mills South, but that did not bring the embedded cam back up; I can't remember if it's been streaming since the power outage there - if not, Ken may need to change some settings before the embedded cam will work.

I've sent Ken a text to let him know we'd like him to look at Surrey North and HM South; I haven't heard back from him, which usually means he's busy or out of cell phone range. I don't know when he'll be able to check on them, but know he'll do it as soon as he can.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:45 pm

JudyB wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:46 pm
Quick cam update -

I forgot to post, but I rebooted Delta West, and that brought the embedded cam back up.

I've rebooted Surrey Reserve North, but the signal is still choppy with far too frequent spinning circles; reloading the page may help briefly, but I think we need the Wowza rebooted before it will stream consistently.

I rebooted Harrison Mills South, but that did not bring the embedded cam back up; I can't remember if it's been streaming since the power outage there - if not, Ken may need to change some settings before the embedded cam will work.

I've sent Ken a text to let him know we'd like him to look at Surrey North and HM South; I haven't heard back from him, which usually means he's busy or out of cell phone range. I don't know when he'll be able

Thanks Judy... The S Embedded cam at H Mills hasn't been streaming since the power outage at H Mills ..

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:00 am

SATURDAY , FEBRUARY 9, 2019

Good Morning Judy

5:52a Nest time

Both Cams are down at the Surrey Reserve Nest !

Thank You

Bev

PS
I didn't have to log in this morning and all is going well so far ! Posting on Hancock and non Hancock nest ! :luck: it last!

ADDED
The H Mills N Embedded cam is down and S Cam hasn't worked side the power outage !

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:01 am

7:00 am reporting both Delta 2 embedded cams have been offline for 45 minutes. Noticed earlier the cams would go offline but then come back on. Not the case now. Thanks
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:16 am

7:14 am
All embedded cams seem to have been down for about an hour.

Spot-checking the zoomer links next, then I'll send text and email to Ken.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:20 am

JudyB wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:16 am
7:14 am
All embedded cams seem to have been down for about an hour.

Spot-checking the zoomer links next, then I'll send text and email to Ken.

Thanks Judy! Both zoomer cams are streaming at H Mills !

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:33 am

Thanks, Bev! Both Surrey Reserve cams are streaming, and I checked one cam at Delta (I forget which) and WR CU and they were streaming, so the issue is probably with the Wowza server at Ken's place, or with his internet connection.

I've sent him an email, and will also send a text message in a minute - but it is early there.

I am noticing that there are a lot of power outages in the Vancouver area, and I don't know where exactly he lives, so he might be in an affected area.
20190209_001.jpg

Yolande
Topic Assistant

Post by Yolande » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:18 am

Morning Judy and all!

I just tried the PTZ cams at HM and both are down.....

Thanks....

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:02 pm

Good Afternoon All! The Delta 2 West Embedded Cam is showing a time on it that is ahead of what the real time is. Here are a couple s'caps, one of the E Cam and one of the W Cam. I captured these at the same time and it was noon time at the nest. The E Cam is correct, but the W Cam is ahead by 36 minutes.
2019-02-09 15_00_41-Greenshot.jpg
2019-02-09 15_00_47-Greenshot.jpg

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:36 pm

Just to add to Sue's message.......Both the WEST embedded and zoomer cams at Delta are showing the incorrect time. They are running about a half hour ahead of real time.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:43 pm

SueB wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:02 pm
Good Afternoon All! The Delta 2 West Embedded Cam is showing a time on it that is ahead of what the real time is. Here are a couple s'caps, one of the E Cam and one of the W Cam. I captured these at the same time and it was noon time at the nest. The E Cam is correct, but the W Cam is ahead by 36 minutes.
The cams are configured to check their time with a standard clock once an hour, Sue and Jean; it was about noon when you posted, so I'd like to wait until after 1 pm to see if this resolves itself automatically before I try messing with the settings. If it's still off then, I'll reset it to my computer's time (corrected for time zone, of course :) ).

The White Rock embedded cams are all streaming.

I rebooted Surrey North, and the Surrey Reserve cams are now both streaming.

Off to check on Harrison Mills - which are likely down due to a power outage.

Added - I also cannot connect with the HM cams - and there's a power outage listed for the usual area near the resort. With all this wind, it's surprising that we don't have more outages - and I'm keeping fingers crossed.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:11 pm

Update:

Delta 2 West's clock reset itself around 1:00, so both are now showing the current time.

Surrey North embedded cam is offline, which doesn't surprise me because I logged into the cam directly with the direct access link, and the signal from it was freezing, probably because of the wind. We have an eagle in the nest (I think the male whom we've named Sur) - and he's holding on tightly!

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:28 pm

The good news is that the forum is working beautifully ..I didn't have to login in again today..and I am posting on non Hancock nests also! :bravo:

Thank your Judy and all ! :grhug:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:50 pm

IrishEyes wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:28 pm
The good news is that the forum is working beautifully ..I didn't have to login in again today..and I am posting on non Hancock nests also! :bravo:

Thank your Judy and all ! :grhug:
Excellent news! I was so busy checking cameras when I finally got here that I didn't notice I also didn't need to log in. :D

Return to “Technical Help”