Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:21 pm

Live Cam Announcement:

12 noon
Ken will be restarting his computer at some point today to install Windows updates, which means that the embedded cams at Delta 2, Surrey Reserve and White Rock will be offline for some period of time. Once the updates are complete, he'll be restarting the streams.

Harrison Mills North is not affected because I'm sending that stream.

The updates usually don't take that long - but there's no guarantee about the current update.

Zoomers will be able to log into the cams as usual while this is happening, and the forum and website won't be affected.

Thanks!

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:58 am

Good Morning All! I don't know if it's just me but there is a lot of crackling and humming coming from the Delta 2 zoomer & embedded cams. Can't even keep the sound on as it is not helpful at all. I don't think it is my computer though as I went to other eagle cams and am not hearing that noise.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:51 am

SueB wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:58 am
Good Morning All! I don't know if it's just me but there is a lot of crackling and humming coming from the Delta 2 zoomer & embedded cams. Can't even keep the sound on as it is not helpful at all. I don't think it is my computer though as I went to other eagle cams and am not hearing that noise.
I'm hearing the hum and crackling on the West embedded cam; I'm not hearing anything on the East embedded, so I'm thinking that's the one we ask Ken to mute in the live feed to avoid picking up sounds from the house? I tried logging into the East cam - it took a long time for me to get in and a long time to move to the config screen - and I didn't dare try to tweak the audio settings while my connection was so tenuous. I'm out again now, though all I did is confirm it's not your computer. :%:

Adding -
I'm wondering if the static on West is caused by something bumping into the mic there - don't remember where exactly it is, but things are moving around.

RoseA
Topic Assistant

Post by RoseA » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:48 pm

The West Cam at Delta appears to be frozen at 9:03am... don't know how that's possible since I swear it was working fine when I logged on this afternoon.... but there you have it.
“The eyesight for an eagle is what thought is to a man.”
― Dejan Stojanovic, The Creator

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:24 pm

RoseA wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:48 pm
The West Cam at Delta appears to be frozen at 9:03am... don't know how that's possible since I swear it was working fine when I logged on this afternoon.... but there you have it.
Thanks, RoseA - and there are some things I've given up trying to understand! :mihihi:

I'll let Ken know so he can restart the stream.

RoseA
Topic Assistant

Post by RoseA » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:26 pm

JudyB wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:24 pm
RoseA wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:48 pm
Thanks, RoseA - and there are some things I've given up trying to understand! :mihihi:

I'll let Ken know so he can restart the stream.
Fair enough :D Thanks Judy!
“The eyesight for an eagle is what thought is to a man.”
― Dejan Stojanovic, The Creator

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:53 am

11:53 am from Delta the east cam is frozen at 11:48 am. Thanks.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:18 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:53 am
Thanks, Sandy - message sent to Ken.

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:44 pm

Judy, I am having login problems. Every time I exit the forum and sometimes just switching from nest to nest, I have to log back in. I use all Apple devices with Safari but just started having this problem with the latest forum update. Philjo said he is having the same problems. Is anyone else having this problem?
Marianne
AKA: Marianne

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:29 pm

Kitcat11848 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:44 pm
Judy, I am having login problems. Every time I exit the forum and sometimes just switching from nest to nest, I have to log back in. I use all Apple devices with Safari but just started having this problem with the latest forum update. Philjo said he is having the same problems. Is anyone else having this problem?
Marianne

I haven't heard of other people having that issue, but it may have to do with the "cookies" (little bits of information) that computers use to remember things link your log-in info.

Here's a link to a series of posts about how to delete all your cookies (which would mean that you'd need to enter your information again the next time you went to any website that normally remembers you) - and how to delete only the cookies for Hancock Wildlife - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13&p=137#p148341

Please let me know if that solves the problem, and feel free to share the link with Philjo.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:58 pm

JudyB wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:18 pm
Sandy_W wrote:
Hi Judy, I know you sent an email to Ken and he responded but the Delta east cam is still frozen at 11:48 pm and it is 3:57 pm as I am posting.....thanks.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:16 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:58 pm
JudyB wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:18 pm
Sandy_W wrote:
Hi Judy, I know you sent an email to Ken and he responded but the Delta east cam is still frozen at 11:48 pm and it is 3:57 pm as I am posting.....thanks.
Thanks - Surrey South also frozen and I'm sitting here and didn't notice - not saying I like the howling of the wind, but.... :)

Sent a message to Ken.

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:05 pm

JudyB wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:29 pm
Kitcat11848 wrote:
Marianne

I haven't heard of other people having that issue, but it may have to do with the "cookies" (little bits of information) that computers use to remember things link your log-in info.

Here's a link to a series of posts about how to delete all your cookies (which would mean that you'd need to enter your information again the next time you went to any website that normally remembers you) - and how to delete only the cookies for Hancock Wildlife - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13&p=137#p148341

Please let me know if that solves the problem, and feel free to share the link with Philjo.
I've done that numerous times and it works for the first time but the next time I quit the forum, I still have to log in. Right now, I just log in each gtime but it's pretty aggravating and time consuming.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:35 pm

Kitcat11848 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:05 pm
JudyB wrote:
Kitcat11848 wrote:
Marianne

I've done that numerous times and it works for the first time but the next time I quit the forum, I still have to log in. Right now, I just log in each time but it's pretty aggravating and time consuming.
Thanks, Marianne. Too late for my brain to function tonight, but I'll take a look at that in the morning.

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:48 pm

JudyB wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:35 pm
Kitcat11848 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:05 pm
JudyB wrote:

I've done that numerous times and it works for the first time but the next time I quit the forum, I still have to log in. Right now, I just log in each time but it's pretty aggravating and time consuming.
Thanks, Marianne. Too late for my brain to function tonight, but I'll take a look at that in the morning.
no rush; maybeI need to reregister?????

Return to “Technical Help”