Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:18 pm

We have a temporary solution for zoomers - please contact Jean for Delta, gemini for Surrey, Bev for Harrison Mills and DDuckies for White Rock for details. For those who don’t know, I’m away for the weekend with limited internet access. Thanks!

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:01 am

5:00 am the east cam at Delta 2 is offline and frozen at 1:38 am.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:18 am

SUNDAY, APRIL 14, 2019

Good Morning !

Re Harrison Mills

North Embedded cam is down since 8:47pm last night !

Thanks,

Bev

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:07 am

Good morning, everyone. Delta East was fine when I checked it - perhaps someone else was able to reboot it.

I can't reach either of the HM zoomer links - I've sent a message to Ken. There was a brief visit to the nest around 6 am.

I'll be leaving for the day soon, will try to check in on my phone occasionally.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:18 am

JudyB wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:07 am
Good morning, everyone. Delta East was fine when I checked it - perhaps someone else was able to reboot it.

I can't reach either of the HM zoomer links - I've sent a message to Ken. There was a brief visit to the nest around 6 am.

I'll be leaving for the day soon, will try to check in on my phone occasionally.

Thanks Judy enjoy your day ..I posted Dad coming to the nest on the HM nest thread .... and as you know Ken didn't provide a temporary solution for H Mills .. that being said I can get zoomer cams on Safari browser if you or others want to try that browser .

Yolande
Topic Assistant

Post by Yolande » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:53 pm

Many thanks, Judy and Ken....I can access all the PTZ cams now.

No more "DNS DOES NOT EXIST" notices!

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:20 pm

Good Evening. All cams at Delta 2 have been going off and on for at least the last hour. I have emailed Ken & JudyB but just posting here in case anyone else can help. Based on JudyB's thread regarding when re-booting will help, this situation is not one of them so I have not re-booted the cams.

catspairadice
Zoomer

Post by catspairadice » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:03 pm

Both Delta 2 cams keep going on & offline, most of the time at the same time, but not always. The zoom cams both freeze up from time to time.
Joan

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:07 pm

catspairadice wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:03 pm
Both Delta 2 cams keep going on & offline, most of the time at the same time, but not always. The zoom cams both freeze up from time to time.
Thanks, Joan! Ken thinks this is an issue with the modem at the site and is working with the provider to get it replaced.

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:37 am

WHITE ROCK NORTH not live streaming all morning.

10:12am I am going to reboot NORTH even though that most likely isn't the problem :w00t: will report back after.
:)10:22am. I rebooted twice and NORTH is now live streaming. Whether it was b/c I rebooted I don't know :D

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:43 pm

JudyB wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:07 pm
catspairadice wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:03 pm
Thanks, Joan! Ken thinks this is an issue with the modem at the site and is working with the provider to get it replaced.

Thanks for letting us know Judy..........all cams are still going on and off.........zoomers as well.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:56 am

Surrey Reserve North/Closeup is pixilating and prob. needs a reboot. :) NEVER MIND I SEE you just rebooted awhile ago ;) I was in rewind. lol

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:15 pm

DDuckies2 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:56 am
Surrey Reserve North/Closeup is pixilating and prob. needs a reboot. :) NEVER MIND I SEE you just rebooted awhile ago ;) I was in rewind. lol
I'm so happy to see both chicks having good feedings today!

Ken's rebooted the server three times already today, and I've rebooted the North cam at least that often - definitely a challenge to see what's happening there, though happily both chicks can now be seen on the South/WA cam, and that one seems a lot more stable.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:10 pm

Good Evening All! I was just checking the Delta 2 embedded cams and noticed they have been down for 85 minutes at this time. I went to YouTube and it looks like they actually went down at around 5:30 pm, and then went off and on a couple more times since then so they have mostly been down since 5:30 pm. I tried to go in and re-boot them but have been unable to do so. I am getting the IE could not connect error message. I will also email JudyB & Ken just to be sure they are seeing this note.

Edit: All cams came up at 8:18 pm.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:50 am

9:49am................Just letting you all know that we are still having issues with cams going down at the Delta2 nest. It was happening yesterday and again this morning. They do seem to come back eventually. We know they are going off and on due to the time showing on the rollback.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:31 pm

SueB wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:10 pm
Good Evening All! I was just checking the Delta 2 embedded cams and noticed they have been down for 85 minutes at this time. I went to YouTube and it looks like they actually went down at around 5:30 pm, and then went off and on a couple more times since then so they have mostly been down since 5:30 pm. I tried to go in and re-boot them but have been unable to do so. I am getting the IE could not connect error message. I will also email JudyB & Ken just to be sure they are seeing this note.

Edit: All cams came up at 8:18 pm.
Jean wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:50 am
9:49am................Just letting you all know that we are still having issues with cams going down at the Delta2 nest. It was happening yesterday and again this morning. They do seem to come back eventually. We know they are going off and on due to the time showing on the rollback.
Thanks for emailing Ken and me yesterday, Sue - my cold is getting better but my arthritis is likely to be annoyingly active for a few more days, so I'm not checking the forum as much as I do when I'm feeling more spry.

And thanks for the update, Jean - I know Ken is trying to work with the internet provider to figure out why we're having these issues, and hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:35 pm

12:34pm...........thanks Judy..........this is just information for you all as we know Ken is working on things here. The cams must have gone down again as the rollback only went back to 10:08am when I went to look a half hour ago.

(Member since 9/10/11)

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:02 pm

6pm. WHITE ROCK both CU & WA zoom cams stopping , freezing and going black etc. Maybe a reboot is needed?

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:02 pm

7:01pm..........Not sure if I should keep reporting this or not as I think Ken is looking for a solution but...........all the cams at Delta2 are still going off and on at times. Cam controls have been a bit of a problem but not all the time.

(Member since 9/10/11)

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:17 am

All the HWF embedded cams are on and off ....I sent an e-mail to Ken and Judy !

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:25 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:17 am
All the HWF embedded cams are on and off ....I sent an e-mail to Ken and Judy !

ADDED
All the cams are streaming .. except WR Closeup and Ken is working on that !

Thank you so much Ken ! :grhug:

amyklai
Topic Assistant

Post by amyklai » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:50 am

9.50a WR WEST message
Attachments
Screenshot_8.jpg

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:06 pm

3:05pm. SURREY north/close up, looking pretty artsy. :D
Attachments
3 01pm.JPG

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:30 pm

amyklai wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:50 am
9.50a WR WEST message
DDuckies2 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:06 pm
3:05pm. SURREY north/close up, looking pretty artsy. :D
Hi folks!

Ken called me about the issues with the White Rock West/Closeup cam, and it looks as if YouTube has put a hold on our account. That will take more time to sort out than the usual reboot of the server or a cam, and he may not be able to work on that for a couple of days. He regrets the delay, but he has a lot going on during the next couple of days.

I totally agree about the artsy look of Surrey North, DDuckies - that's a very polite way to describe the situation. I've sent an email to Ken about it, but knowing he's probably not where he can do anything easily, I also told him that the chicks were big enough that we could see them on the South cam, so it wasn't urgent. I've tried rebooting North, and that didn't help - but sometimes when it's doing this it will respond to a reboot after a couple of hours, so I will try that again after dinner.

Thank you both for posting here, and thank you, Bev, for contacting Ken about the issues we were having earlier today when I was away from my computer.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:28 pm

6:28 pm
I've rebooted Surrey North - hopefully it will hang in there until Ken is able to reboot the server.

Lynne
Zoomer

Post by Lynne » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:05 am

I get this error message for the Closeup cam at White Rock. North and WA cams are ok.

Now I see this may be a continuing problem? Thanks.
Attachments
Apr_26_645am.jpg
Apr_26_645am.jpg (14.05 KiB) Viewed 247 times

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:57 am

Lynne wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:05 am
I get this error message for the Closeup cam at White Rock. North and WA cams are ok.

I'm afraid the "account terminated" issue is indeed a continuing problem, Lynne. Ken is aware of the issue, but unfortunately he has a number of previous commitments for yesterday and today that have prevented him from focusing on that. As I understand it, when YouTube terminates an account, they send an email with the reason to the owner of the account - and I'm not sure if that would go to Ken or Myles, though I think it's Ken. Once he's received that email, he should be able to straighten things out, since we don't violate copyrights or things like that. It's true that our eagles tend not to wear clothing - but that's not normally an issue for wildlife cams, so it's most likely a mistake. But it will probably take a while to get it sorted out. Fortunately the North cam also provides a view of the nest - but it will be nice when we have both of them back again.

Lynne
Zoomer

Post by Lynne » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:19 am

:ty: :ty:
JudyB wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:57 am
Lynne wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:05 am

I'm afraid the "account terminated" issue is indeed a continuing problem, Lynne. Ken is aware of the issue, but unfortunately he has a number of previous commitments for yesterday and today that have prevented him from focusing on that. As I understand it, when YouTube terminates an account, they send an email with the reason to the owner of the account - and I'm not sure if that would go to Ken or Myles, though I think it's Ken. Once he's received that email, he should be able to straighten things out, since we don't violate copyrights or things like that. It's true that our eagles tend not to wear clothing - but that's not normally an issue for wildlife cams, so it's most likely a mistake. But it will probably take a while to get it sorted out. Fortunately the North cam also provides a view of the nest - but it will be nice when we have both of them back again.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:11 pm

1:10pm........All cams at Delta2 continue to go down.............at this time they have been off for about 8 minutes or so.

All cams are now back..........they were off for about 10 or 11 minutes.

(Member since 9/10/11)

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:50 pm

Jean wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:11 pm
1:10pm........All cams at Delta2 continue to go down.............at this time they have been off for about 8 minutes or so.

All cams are now back..........they were off for about 10 or 11 minutes.
I was just checking in on Delta 2 and the cams have been down for the last 22 minutes or so.

Return to “Technical Help”