CHAT-N-BOBBLE

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

Peggy180

Re: CHAT-N-BOBBLE

Post by Peggy180 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:58 pm

:bye 1: Thanks so much, Journi! :ty:
Best wishes,

Peggy :)
She/her

In loving memory of Ozzie & Harriet, “May you soar on eagle wings, high above the madness of the world."--Jonathan Lockwood Huie ❤️

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:30 pm

Hello Peggy, there was no big announcement. Sue just told me where the keys was. :D
Not sure if Mary has made announcement ? But it works and I posted there.
Have a nice day, hello Joshy.

LP, Thanks for the 👂🐛. can't promise anything but i will mull it around.
Now all I can think of is CPR. That's the song they say to use to keep beat to do chest compressions.
I will check on your Sea Eagles when get home tonight. :yes:

Watching the news about IAN is truly heartbreaking. I will post any info , I may find , for sure !! :luck:
H . "We are eagles of one nest. The nest is in our soul." Led Zeppelin (Ten Years Gone)

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:02 pm

lovinnature, my non-Eagle eyes missed journi’s announcement 📣 on page 70. Thank you for alerting us. So excited for the new season and I’m especially anxious to get eyes on the nest area when Ian leaves. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out, Ian!
Best wishes,

She/her

In loving memory of Ozzie & Harriet, “May you soar on eagle wings, high above the madness of the world."--Jonathan Lockwood Huie ❤️

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:52 pm

Had to add these. I waited a while for one to pick up it’s head. So pretty from MRFWC tonight
66C82512-6B31-48DB-857A-DD719AE35E30.jpeg
11C7425A-87CE-48CD-8088-2549EC44A772.jpeg
Best wishes,

She/her

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:00 pm

Now this one is for Lazy Parrot. Are these the white bellied sea eagles you watch? Lady and Dad? I don’t have time to monitor but I grabbed a shot of the nest while I ate dinner.
6A31DD2C-B17F-4503-BEC3-05EFB181A7E1.jpeg
Best wishes,

She/her

Suemac

Post by Suemac » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:33 pm

A quiet sunset on the Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Screenshot 2022-09-28 194446.jpg
Screenshot 2022-09-28 194525.jpg
Screenshot 2022-09-28 201320.jpg
*** My stomach has been in knots all day. I have checked every webcam and traffic cam all around
the Fort Myers area that I could find online. Fort Myers Beach with much flooding and structures destroyed. Watched the flood waters as they came onto Sanibel Island Roads and the flood surge hit the roads downtown Ft Myers and beautiful Edisto Blvd.
Cape Coral west of N FT Myers had lots of flooding. Interstate 75 cams and RSW International Airport cams nothing major seen.
But still so much uncertainty. I hope that CROW evacuated all the wildlife from their facility on Sanibel Island.
All we can do is stay positive and pray for the best outcomes. Last weather shows light rain now in Ft Myers area with winds 35-40mph and gusts up to 70-80mph. Ian is slowly moving north and east.

🙏🙏
"Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you."
Native American Proverb

Harriet gone, yet not forgotten. Forever in our hearts. :brknhrt:

Suemac

Post by Suemac » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:49 pm

Mississippi River Flyway Cam:
The moon was found in the western sky in a waxing crescent phase 8% illumination
Screenshot 2022-09-28 203402.jpg
Screenshot 2022-09-28 203443.jpg
" The moon will guide you through the night with her brightness,
but she will always dwell in the darkness, in order to be seen." (Shannon L. Alder)

Cam operator then traveled eastward to find Jupiter.
Screenshot 2022-09-28 205132.jpg
Native American Proverb

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:23 pm

Me too, Suemac. On their FB page CROW said they were working on evacuation of staff and wildlife. Praying for them all. So worried about the nest area and all our people who live nearby.
Best wishes,

She/her

Suemac

Post by Suemac » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:29 pm

White-bellied sea eagle nest, Sydney Australia:

Lazy Parrot- Guess what's for breakfast!
Yes it is "Unagi" a whole unroasted eel with carmalized nest seasonings.
:mihihi:
I know you all want to know what eel tastes like-right! :yes: It has a taste similar to lobster, salmon or squid.
It is naturally sweet with a soft yet slightly firm texture with a pleasant chewiness, depending on
how it is COOKED. :ohmy:

SE29 and SE30 guarded the eel all night.
Lady drops to the nest at 0509 for an early feeding
Screenshot 2022-09-28 210758.jpg
Screenshot 2022-09-28 210854.jpg
SE29 and SE30 very active after their eel breakfast
Screenshot 2022-09-28 211231.jpg
Native American Proverb

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:34 pm

Hello Peggy, I love your geese s'caps. Did you noticed they are all standing on one leg ?
I thought you seen Journi's post. So I'm glad I posted again. I was just so excited, and wanted to share ! :D
Praying not too much damage after IAN hits the road ! 🙏

Sue, Thanks for storm updates. Questions now ! You know the lay of the land better than we do...
How close to Sanibel Island is the pasture ?
Will storm surge make it that far ??
Thanks for sunset s'caps. And the moon is great.
See the 4 moons around Jupiter have all changed position. I'm not even going to try and figure which is which.
All I know is it's , Io, Europa, Callisto. and the big guy Ganymede.
Round and round Jupiter they go, along with 75 or so other moons. It's the second when comes to moons.
Saturn has the most moons, 82. I won't name them all, but Titan was the first moon found and named orbiting Saturn.
In case you want to know, Mercury and Venus have no moons.
(Ok I'm done). ;)

BBL :bye 1:
H . "We are eagles of one nest. The nest is in our soul." Led Zeppelin (Ten Years Gone)

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:50 pm

I did not know, Sunnybird, that those planets had so many moons! And I did know the ducks were on one leg. It made an amazing picture with their reflection in the water and I felt lucky to have seen it when I looked in on the cam. Thank you, Suemac for that eel info. Not sure I want to try eating it. Lol
Best wishes,

She/her

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:59 pm

Peggy180 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:50 pm
I did not know, Sunnybird, that those planets had so many moons! And I did know the ducks were on one leg. It made an amazing picture with their reflection in the water and I felt lucky to have seen it when I looked in on the cam.

Peggy, it was an amazing picture ! Would be a nice one to frame and put on al wall.
Glad you got to see it too. And thanks for sharing it with us. :grhug:
The Planets are so interesting, that's how I got hooked. But I think I'll keep my feet on good ole' tara-firma Earth. 🌍

Suemac

Post by Suemac » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:01 pm

0612 Dad to the nest-looks for maybe some delicious eel for himself-
NOPE! Didn't happen. :D
Screenshot 2022-09-28 213911.jpg
0736 SE29 on branch, SE30 below on rail
Screenshot 2022-09-28 214245.jpg
0746 SE29 getting braver moves farther up the branch. Do you see his/her feet?
Screenshot 2022-09-28 214714.jpg
Native American Proverb

Suemac

Post by Suemac » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:42 pm

:wave: lovinnature!
So.... Sanibel is southwest of N Ft Myers- 25.7 miles from the Pritchett Real Estate.
And...Ft Myers Beach is south of N Ft Myers- 21.7 miles from The Pritchett Real Estate. They reported around 7 ft wave surges there.
And... Downtown Ft Myers where I stayed one year is south of N Ft Myers- 7.1 miles from the Pritchett Real Estate. I saw water in the streets in downtown, but not as high as the cars like occurred in Naples.
And.... Coral Beach is southwest- 14.2 miles from the Pritchett Real Estate.
Screenshot 2022-09-28 222747 (2).jpg
Do I think they received the wave surges- probably not, but that being said,
they had severe winds that carried a lot of water and the ground was already saturated before Ian.
They said it will be similar flooding like with Irma on the Weather Channel.
I hope this helps you to understand the area.

*** Peggy- Sometimes you just have to try new foods. You might be missing out on a delicacy. ;)
Native American Proverb

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:00 pm

I know, Suemac, my son has eaten eel, but my tummy does not like many new things lol.

Trouble with Ian is he doesn’t take social cues and he’s staying too long! :-O. Can’t wait til it’s gone!
Best wishes,

She/her

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”