CHAT-N-BOBBLE

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

LazyParrot4

Re: CHAT-N-BOBBLE

Post by LazyParrot4 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:03 am

:wave: Good morning everyone.
:hug: Suemac--so nice to hear from you. Glad you are enjoying beach. And, thanks for pics. If it keeps raining, it will not be long until the pond looks like your pics.
:cat: Hi Peggy. You are very quiet, slipping in and out. But sometimes I do the same and I see you.
:D Good morning to you too Lovinnature. Miss your pics but have one for you:
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 18-02-08 Eagle Cam.png
Family in snag after heavy rain. One day after E19 left 4/29/2022

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:11 am

Hello peeps!

Hello Lazy, yes I miss my s'caps too. :(
Thanks for the three wet eagles s'cap. :love:

Here is some more info on the planetary parade happening. In case you can't see it your self.
The planets are always in line on the orbital plane. But are never this close together that we can see the direct line. (in line refers to the planets orbit, from the closest to the Sun to the farthest from the Sun. Maybe you have heard the saying "third planet from the Sun" ? That's us ! Earth. that's because we are the third planet from the Sun.
This is the planetary order of our solar system: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and poor o'le demoted Pluto, which is not classified as a Planet anymore. and the STAR they/we orbit. That's right, the Sun is a Star. The only star in our solar system.

https://earthsky.org/tonight/rare-plane ... june-2022/

Jr, and Malala (eaglet and hawklet) feed still off line. Hope nothing bad has happened. You know that is where my mind goes when the cameras go down. ;)

Have a great day you all !! Stay COOL !!
Later peeps! :bye 1:
H . "We are eagles of one nest. The nest is in our soul." Led Zeppelin (Ten Years Gone)

Grosbeak

Post by Grosbeak » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:54 pm

GA, Eagle Fans. Been busy answering the phone when no one calls. When they do, the phone doesn't ring. My ISP is the culprit -- they ported everyone's phone to a "new & improved" server. Whatever happened to Ma Bell? How simple live was when you picked up the phone and an operator said "Number, please." Is there even such a thing as a telephone operator nowadays?

Just saw one of Happy Appy's buddies standing on the SW corner of the pond gazing in awe at the high water. Seemed as bewildered as I am with my phantom phone.

Suemac, glad you're having a nice time on HHI. :thumlft:
Last edited by Grosbeak on Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaryF
Forum Assistant

Post by MaryF » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:11 pm

.Another article from the CBC about the hawklet
------

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as ... URHBSiiZ5Q

Member since July, 2006

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:13 pm

Hi Grosbeak. You with phantom calls and me with spam calls. Don't know which is worse, but sometimes I daydream about not having a phone at all. :bashcomp:

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:21 pm

MaryF wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:11 pm

.Another article from the CBC about the hawklet
------

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as ... URHBSiiZ5Q

** Mary, Thank you ! :hug: That link works well. The other said YouTube video was removed by uploader. Glad to see both are doing fine.
H . "We are eagles of one nest. The nest is in our soul." Led Zeppelin (Ten Years Gone)

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:23 pm

Hello Grosbeak. Ma Bell ! :mihihi: Those were the days ! Simple and free. :thumlft:

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:36 am

:tea: Good morning everyone.
:ty: Mary for the info on hawklet.
:chin: Who is collecting tortoise and turtle shells?--I can't remember from chat a couple of months ago.
Anyway, here is a picture for you since you can't have the real thing. Wonder what happened to it. Haven't seen in in nest for a while.
4 10 22 1140a 20 turtleshell.PNG
4/10/2022

trusteagles

Post by trusteagles » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:13 pm

Good day, everyone. :bye 1: I found a minute here to rest and, as I often do, popped in to see what's happening at the garden fence. I'm glad you guys are keeping things going. I read but don't post because I am always on the run these days and sorta outa the loop. I was really happy to find the link with more video about the hawklet today. Thank you, Mary. :D

Back to work. Listing goes up for my house in 3 days. Still don't have all my ducks in a row and more cleanup needed. Haven't been able to find help, still trying. Spinning way too many plates for an old lady. :D Will check in again asap. In the meantime, happy eagling and summering to all. :hug:

*lovin, I'm also planning on a functioning lappie before next season, after the house closes. Can't wait. Surely there's a way to get your scaps back. :luck: Are they in the cloud?

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:59 pm

Good to see you, trust! Good luck with your house. Hope you’ll find lots of good branches and be all settled by fall. :bye 1:
Best wishes,

Peggy :)
She/her

In loving memory of Ozzie & Harriet, “May you soar on eagle wings, high above the madness of the world."--Jonathan Lockwood Huie ❤️

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:36 am

:tea: Good morning everyone. Some people went missing yesterday. Hope to see you today.
The pond is still lovely. Here is a picture from past.
snapshot another anhinga & turtle view.jpg
Anhinga and Turtle

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:42 am

Just realized the above picture from day E20 flew into the wild blue yonder. Here is another view of same.
Attachments
snapshot anhinga and turtle.jpg
Anhinga and Turtle 5/18/2022

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:29 am

:wave: Early morning---CNN breaking news on internet has video of the hawklet in eagle nest. Good quality pictures. :)

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:53 am

Wow, LazyParrot, the hawklet made CNN! Pretty impressive. Thanks for the anhinga pics. I'm going to keep a low profile today (or lower than usual, LOL), have a sore neck from bending over my phone too much and I have my eye checkup later. So, have a good day! :D
Best wishes,

Peggy :)
She/her

In loving memory of Ozzie & Harriet, “May you soar on eagle wings, high above the madness of the world."--Jonathan Lockwood Huie ❤️

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:45 am

Hello peeps!
Good Morning LazyParrot, Peggy, Sue whatever you doing today, and Trust, good to see you!

*Trust NO, did not do the cloud. Could kick myself now. And to top it off, I always had sync turned off, so picture are all secure in that tablet, and possibly no way to get them. Good luck with the house stuff !

*Peggy, I don't know how you do it on a phone ! be nice to that neck ! :D (been there, done that, neck pain).

and last to you *LazyParrot. I was here several times yesterday. It was very quiet. Sorry I didn't say HI to you !
Very cool about Malala (hawklet) on CNN. Will watch and hope to catch the story. Thanks for info. ( I just found story on line). :)

Today's observations : The nest look good. Only the Armadillo skin and a few small bones are left. The pond's water level remains very high. Makes it look like the pylons are getting shorter. :ohmy:
There is a very long large branch floating in pond. Looks like it has wedged itself between the pylons. Shall be interesting to see what happens to it next.
Have a great day !
Later peeps! :bye 1:

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”