CHAT-N-BOBBLE

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

lovinnature

Re: CHAT-N-BOBBLE

Post by lovinnature » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:51 am

Good morning peeps!
Hello Laura G.

Hi Sunnybird :wave: Nice to see you !

Peggy hope your feeling better, :)

Morning LazyParrot, yes I remember that !! Poor E20 :love: Maybe they had the right idea. Stay close to the fish and will get the first bites :mihihi:
Can't bonk me if I'm under the fish. ;)
Last edited by lovinnature on Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
H . "We are eagles of one nest. The nest is in our soul." Led Zeppelin (Ten Years Gone)

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:58 am

:) Just stumbled upon You Tube video showing E12 on "E20's Leaning Palm". Guess E20 was not the first to use it. :(
Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBqTxA9-CSE

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:17 am

:ty: lovinnature!
Best wishes,

Peggy :)
She/her

In loving memory of Ozzie & Harriet, “May you soar on eagle wings, high above the madness of the world."--Jonathan Lockwood Huie ❤️

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:51 am

Hello Mary,, are you out there ??
I have a question about Malala. This morning (Sat) at 6:17 am camera time, an adult flew in with some food. It seemed to spook Malala and the hawklet booked ! Flew off the nest ! Did I miss the fledge ? If Malala doesn't return to the nest, are they able to fend for themselves ? It has been almost 4 hours ? Poor Jr. looks lost and alone. Keeps looking for Malala.
I guess that was two questions. ;)
In my defense, it's all your fault for posting this link. You know I always have questions. :mihihi: and how can I not get sucked into this sweet miracle of a story.

Warning graphic material below !! May not be suitable for all !

* I give the sound on their cameras 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
When the wind wasn't blowing too hard. I could hear the crunching of bones, on the furry round food ( small rabbit ? ) that was breakfast. Amazing. :thumlft:
Also keep hearing the neighbor Owls, hoot, hoot, hooting away each morning. between 6-7 am. :)
Hope all is well with you !! Thanks Again ! :hug:
H . "We are eagles of one nest. The nest is in our soul." Led Zeppelin (Ten Years Gone)

Grosbeak

Post by Grosbeak » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:24 am

LazyParrot4 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:58 am
:) Just stumbled upon You Tube video showing E12 on "E20's Leaning Palm". Guess E20 was not the first to use it. :(
Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBqTxA9-CSE
LazyParrot, E12, Duchess of Pond, aka HRH The Pond Princess, not only ruled over the pond but all the landscape and critters.

Her Official Declaration:
I AM monarch of all I survey;
My right there is none to dispute;
From the nest tree, all round the lea
I am Lady of the fowl and the brute.

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:41 am

:ty: Grosbeak---you cracked me up. x:D I had forgotten the stories of the pond princess.

MaryF
Forum Assistant

Post by MaryF » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:54 am

. Here I come Lovinnature to sort of answer your questions, LOL I've been watching a live that Christian Sasse is doing from the GROWL nest. Apparently at 6:17 this morning the Dad eagle brought in something that may have been another hawk and Malala decided that it was indeed her time to fledge. She was in the for nest--21 days--about the same time that Spunky was. You can see her actual fledge in the scap below that I took from Dr. Sasse's live. The lady that has the GROWL cam seems to think that instinct will kick in and Malala will be just fine. As I'm typing it has been 4 1/2 hours since Malala fledged.

Growl   Malala fledged   6-25-22.jpg
Member since July, 2006

MaryF
Forum Assistant

Post by MaryF » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:46 am

.I shouldn't really post this photo as somebody went to the nest and took it---but it's all over FB :dunno:

.This photo is the property of Linda Sue Blokhuizen ---do not use it for anything!

Here is Malala in the nest spreading her wings the day before she fledged! She's gorgeous!!
Growl   Malala   6--24-22.jpg
Member since July, 2006

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:57 am

:chin: What type of hawk is that? What a beautiful picture. :D

Grosbeak

Post by Grosbeak » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:17 pm

LazyParrot4 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:41 am
:ty: Grosbeak---you cracked me up. x:D I had forgotten the stories of the pond princess.
Aye, she even chased Mom & Dad away from her pond. :) Witness the beginning of this Lady Hawk video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97ALw4CoLck

PS: I believe the hawklet is a Red-Tail.

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:06 pm

:ty: Grosbeak for the link.

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:11 pm

Image :D :poof:
Attachments
Mr. Stuffey.png

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:17 pm

Hello Mary, Thank you for responding. Yes I was lucky enough to be watching live when Malala fledged. I was kind of surprise when only yesterday was on a branch. Seemed like a good take off. Great wing strength ! I noticed an adult and Jr. have been watching the area. but still no return as of 1:15 pm their time. Glad to know Malala will be ok. Love the s'cap post. What a little beauty ! Thanks for sharing, (I don't do facebook).
Of course I will keep watching to see what happens! :D
Have a great (HOT) weekend !
Last edited by lovinnature on Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:18 pm

What a great pic of that beautiful Hawk, MaryF, thank you. And thanks LadyParrot for the pic of Stuffy ;D
Best wishes,

Peggy :)
She/her

In loving memory of Ozzie & Harriet, “May you soar on eagle wings, high above the madness of the world."--Jonathan Lockwood Huie ❤️

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:22 pm

Hello Stuffy !! Nice to see you again. What memories you hold ! :rh:
Thanks LazyParrot for that and the pond princess !

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”