CHAT-N-BOBBLE

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

lovinnature

Re: CHAT-N-BOBBLE

Post by lovinnature » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:15 am

Growls nest update: Malala decided to stick close to the nest all day Sunday. Jr. branched on Sunday early afternoon. :thumlft: They looked so proud perched up there, most of the afternoon on early evening . As Malala perched on other side of nest tree in a branch, her and Jr. would play peek-a-boo around the tree trunk. Jr. is very interested, and highly observant in what Malala is up to. :love:

:ty: Lady Hawk for video ! Nice to see you !

Mary, thanks again for Growls link, I have just fallen in love with these two ! But I know what is going to happen very soon for them both, :poof:
Then I will be sad again ! ;) But I will enjoy watching while I can.
Last edited by lovinnature on Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
H . "We are eagles of one nest. The nest is in our soul." Led Zeppelin (Ten Years Gone)

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:24 am

Lazyparrot, that is a beautiful picture of the pond !! Looks like a mirror. I love it when the clouds are reflecting in the water. Yes we have so many memories, but live viewing is always better. :yes:
One day closer to Season 11 !! :D

Hello Sue, :wave: Hope none of the N.C. Or S.C. earthquakes have shaken you in your boots ! Enjoy your vacation !
H . "We are eagles of one nest. The nest is in our soul." Led Zeppelin (Ten Years Gone)

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:46 am

:chin: Lovinature: Shouldn't we see Suemac soon? She might have more recent pictures of pond.

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:49 am

MaryF wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:00 pm

.Kitcat/Marianne here is the link to the GROWL cam where the hawklet is

http://www.growls.ca/eagle-nest-cam/?fb ... zwY4U6lE3M

Here is a youtube link to the cam as well -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ibu3_y02W4
Thanks MaryF
AKA: Marianne

Suemac

Post by Suemac » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:20 am

:wave: :coffee2: Good morning everyone! It's good to be back!
Romper Room time!🔍 I saw LazyParrot, lovinnature, Grosbeak, Peggy, Kitcat, Sunnybird, trust, LauraG, and MaryF. Sure missed you all. :grhug:
I was worried the forum was shut down too when I couldn't load it yesterday. Thank you JudyB for saving the day.
I saw that all the cams were turned off. Wondering if they will actually take them down this year. I at least hope they will reposition cam 1 as it was too close to the nest with the new magnification, resulting in missing some of the nest action. Waiting for Vicki's new video with all of you.
I have been watching the Growls nest and Malala also- what an amazing story to be able to witness! I wonder if Malala would become too trusting of eagles in his/her future. Sure hope Malala has a long life.
LazyParrot- my last picture of the pond on 6/16/22 before I headed south to HHI.
pondview.jpg
"Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you."
Native American Proverb

Harriet gone, yet not forgotten. Forever in our hearts. :brknhrt:

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:27 am

Welcome home, Suemac! :hug:
Best wishes,

Peggy :)
She/her

In loving memory of Ozzie & Harriet, “May you soar on eagle wings, high above the madness of the world."--Jonathan Lockwood Huie ❤️

Suemac

Post by Suemac » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:34 am

So........there was this leaning palm tree in the pool area of my condo.
I couldn't help but think of E19 and E20 when I looked at it. Kept waiting for E20 to show up.
She/he should have had plenty of time to get to HHI. It is 448 miles from N Ft Myers Florida.
leaningpalm.jpg
***palm trees lean to get more light, a phenomenom called "phototropism".
Interesting fact- the ocean acts as a mirror for light, resulting in more light from the sea than from a single building.
"Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you."
Native American Proverb

Harriet gone, yet not forgotten. Forever in our hearts. :brknhrt:

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:39 am

:hooray: Welcome Suemac. We missed you. Nice pond pic including horses and a duck. I assume that you will have some pictures (maybe some sea turtles and other interesting wildlife) to share with us when you get settled? Hope so! :D

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:19 am

Hello Sue my friend we missed you ! :grhug: I think we all panicked when could not get on yesterday ! :ohmy: Judy ROCKS !

We what ever happens to camera positions will be find with me, but hoping we get a new IR light anyway.
Love the leaning palm by your condo. How can you not think of E20 ?? :love: Thanks for the interesting facts info about the leaning palms.
Malala is amazing ! Certainty has a big voice for sure. Blessing for Malala to have a long healthy life for sure.

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:43 am

Afternoon peeps !
I'm trying to post a s'cap with my computer! Still have not got my new tablet yet. :%: Testing, testing let's see how it goes ???

LazyParrot. The cameras made these two (E17 & E18) look very small too, until we got to see them with a human ! Then we could tell how big they really are ! Cameras don't do them justice !
Credit for s'cap I took from her video goes to Lady Hawk 1/29/21 :ty: Lady Hawk !

E17 & E18. Barely 6 days old. This was day the wonderful angles from CROW came to rescue the EEs. Taking them to rehab, where the got to enjoy the taste of the good life, while they got better ! Nice soft towels for a nest and quail to eat !
Screenshot (47).png
Have a great day!
Later peeps ! :bye 1:
Last edited by lovinnature on Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaryF
Forum Assistant

Post by MaryF » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:10 am

.Good afternoon! Welcome back Sue! Here are a couple more shots of Malala from yesterday. I'm so glad that the forum is back today!

Mala sat there screaming her hawklet head off for food for most of the day after she returned to the nest.
GROWL   Malala today   2-26-22.jpg
Look at her mantle that meal---JR got none of it
GROWL   mantling meal  6-26-22.jpg
[/color][/b]
Member since July, 2006

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:26 am

:) Peeked in Malala and Junior. Camera must be far off. Both birds look small.
Attachments
Malala & Junior 6-27-2022.png
Malala & Junior 6-27-2022.png (92.78 KiB) Viewed 1061 times
Malala 6-27-2022.png
Malala 6-27-2022.png (89.12 KiB) Viewed 1061 times

MaryF
Forum Assistant

Post by MaryF » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:10 pm

.Malala and JR sitting side by side :rh:

GROWL   side by side  6-27-22.jpg
Member since July, 2006

Grosbeak

Post by Grosbeak » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:49 pm

Hello C-N-B friends. I don''t suppose we know Malala's age vis-à-vis JR's. Did the hawklet fledge first?

BTW, regarding the bobbleheads in the s'caps, I think when newly hatched, BE's measure between 4 and 5 inches and weigh about 3½ oz. Believe that's what I read somewhere. Never seen one meself.

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:14 pm

Hello Grosbeak, Mary said that Malala was in the eagle nest for 21 days before fledge, and fledged on Saturday morning at 6:08 am their time. I have yet to find out how old Jr. is ?? Maybe Mary knows ??? (hello Mary :) ) Jr. branched on Sunday. :thumlft:
There is a Lady Hawk video on page 12 of forum, of the hawklet fledge. Mary posted it.
Hope that helps.

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”