CHAT-N-BOBBLE

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

Suemac

Re: CHAT-N-BOBBLE

Post by Suemac » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:16 am

Great Spirit Bluff Peregrine Falcon Cam:
:rh:
Screenshot 2022-12-04 104914.jpg
"Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you."
Native American Proverb

Harriet gone, yet not forgotten. Forever in our hearts. :brknhrt:

Suemac

Post by Suemac » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:24 am

Laura G. wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:18 pm
Hi all,

Would someone mind saying if there's a chat room open yet for eagle business? The one I have shows as still locked.

Thrilled to be back watching them.
:wave: Laura! I think you might mean the Hancock Forum for SWFEC for 2022-2023 season.
Here is the link:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=644&start=1560

If it is chatroll then yes, lovinnature is correct. If using a cell phone for chat some have not been able to view it.
If you google Chatroll SWFEC you can bring up chat on your cell phone. Hope this helps.
Native American Proverb

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:36 am

Good morning all ! Happy Sunday !

Hello LP, No on new glasses. I just heard Harriet's alert vocals.
Had the pond camera up and the movement caught my eye. That was about the easiest thing. It took me over two hours to type the post. I can't hardly read or type. If you rewind to 11:59 pm watch it. You can clearly see this large bird flying. The pond camera had a perfect close view of it.
As for glasses. I did get an appointment yesterday. So they say should have new glasses in a week or so.
But I'm struggling. So please excuse any typo"s . I probably did see it ! 👀
Thank god, I only need glasses to read. Not for driving ! :ohmy:
Hello Peggy
Sue thank you for Sunday links. Very interesting. Goodnight Owl kind of reminded me of my noisy yard in the morning. :mihihi:
Have a great day everyone !
H . "We are eagles of one nest. The nest is in our soul." Led Zeppelin (Ten Years Gone)

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:24 am

Josh says thank you, Suemac, for the 🦉 book. I cannot believe that 1970s are considered “vintage “?????
Best wishes,

Peggy :)
She/her

In loving memory of Ozzie & Harriet, “May you soar on eagle wings, high above the madness of the world."--Jonathan Lockwood Huie ❤️

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:35 am

:w00t: If the 1970s are considered vintage, what are we???
Oh, well. Here's a nice natural ice sculpture from the MRFW today. Can any of you northern folks explain how this was formed?
Looks like frozen splash, but could it be cold enough there for that to instantly happen?
MRFW ice sculpture B 12-4-2022.jpg

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:24 am

It seems to be in the form of wings!
Best wishes,

She/her

In loving memory of Ozzie & Harriet, “May you soar on eagle wings, high above the madness of the world."--Jonathan Lockwood Huie ❤️

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:33 am

:cold1: The Eagle Spirit Bluff looks so cold today. Ice and eagles everywhere.
Bluff cold ice 12-4-2022.jpg

Laura G.

Post by Laura G. » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:02 pm

Thanks, lovinnature and Suemac. Oh, yeah, I meant forum not chat. I was looking at the forum closed this past June, expecting this season just to start right up there. I'll have to look...I wonder what the difference is in link addresses....
Last edited by Laura G. on Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laura G.

Post by Laura G. » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:04 pm

Thanks, lovinnature and Suemac. Oh, yeah, I meant forum not chat. I was looking at the forum closed this past June, expecting this season just to start right up there. I'll have to look...I wonder what the difference is in link addresses....
Last edited by Laura G. on Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Laura G.

Post by Laura G. » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:05 pm

oops, sorry about the duplicate

Laura G.

Post by Laura G. » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:33 pm

Well, I've just scanned the forum through Oct. I missed a lot--understatement. Even though I know H and M are already at the egg stage, I was still kind of freaking out just reading and seeing the snaps about them and this area. I don't know if I could've taken the stress in real time; 2022 has been another tough year, and every step forward and small victory have been hard-won.

The impact of the hurricane on EVERYBIRDY there...I don't have words enough to express my sympathy about those who went through it and dealt with the aftermath.

I also have enormous gratitude about the Pritchett cam and EVERYONE'S contributions in getting it online and EVERYONE'S contributions of videos and information to the forum (as of 10/31): Mary F, wskrsnwings, Suemac, Journi, , lovinnature, WarEagleWatcher, Real Saunders Photography, Desiree Deliz's Photography, Lady Hawk, Peggy180, MLiz Photos, Androcat, Sunnybird1995, Zoomies, Technicians and of course the Pritchett family (and anyone else that deserves props but whose name I did not make an association with--please pipe up if you'd like so I know who you are).

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:06 am

:wave: Hi Laura G. I'm relatively new on the Hancock forum so I am trying to connect with others as well. Hope you will find the time to complete looking at posts after Oct.1 because a lot has happened between then and December 4. Things are a bit slow now that most of the eagles' time on camera is spent incubating and guarding. Should provide some time for you to get caught up. Looking forward to seeing some interesting posts on the forum from you. Have a nice Monday. LazyParrot4, sometimes known as LP (makes typing so much easier for everyone. :)

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:24 am

:wave: Good morning Suemac. I hope you can get s'caps of anything interesting this morning. I have appointment that will kill the rest of this morning and poor Lovinnature has no glasses. Need to save s'caps for her so that she can see what happened while she was out of commission. Thanks. :bye 1:

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:49 am

Good morning, Early Birds and welcome back, Laura G. Here's to a happy and peaceful morning for all of us and at the nest :)
Best wishes,

She/her

Suemac

Post by Suemac » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:18 am

:wave: Good afternoon everyone!

Mississippi River Flyway Cam:
Eagles everywhere.....
Screenshot 2022-12-05 134005.jpg
Screenshot 2022-12-05 134105.jpg
Screenshot 2022-12-05 134602.jpg
Native American Proverb