CHAT-N-BOBBLE

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

lovinnature

Re: CHAT-N-BOBBLE

Post by lovinnature » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:55 am

I found this crazy Eagle story in the news today !! :w00t:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/pet ... 49da251d11
H . "We are eagles of one nest. The nest is in our soul." Led Zeppelin (Ten Years Gone)

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:25 am

Yeah Lovin, I saw that eagle/dog story too. Was hoping no one else saw it---not good for Bald Eagle reputation---but suppose people should be made aware of dangers to very small dogs (including large hawks). Did you see the story about Bald eagle trying to take someone's pet goose? Goose ran to door and banged on it, all the while yelling. Lady ran out and gave chase while still nursing small baby and eagle dropped goose. (Looked like difficult take-off because goose was quite large).

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:59 am

Hello LazyParrot, No did not see the goose vs eagle story ! Wow unbelievable !
I always heard an eagle would not try to snatch a live dog, that's what surprised me. And it was caught on video.
Eagles are suppose to be only able to carry about 3 to 4 pounds. (depending on the weight of the eagle. Eagles can carry 1/3 of their body weight). So I guess the pup would be close to that ? Glad it survived !!
I'm encouraged :luck: Harriet and M would never do that ! They have a pretty good food source/sources where they live.
H . "We are eagles of one nest. The nest is in our soul." Led Zeppelin (Ten Years Gone)

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:06 am

:announce: It appears at 12:36:56 pm. ALL cameras are down ! I get the dreaded spinning wheels on all.
Oh No !! Say it isn't the so (The end of viewing) ! :shame:
Is it just me ?? !! :ohmy:
Last edited by lovinnature on Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:44 pm

Lovin---did not see anyone around cameras. Maybe an electrical blip. Anyway, there is some activity in Atlantic off Africa. Probably good to get cameras down and keep them same for season 11.

:announce: To anyone interested:
Here is link to goose episode. It's a you tube video, the title of which is "Breast-feeding mom saves pet goose from bald eagle attack".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIhIrUYoDKI

Grosbeak

Post by Grosbeak » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:06 pm

LazyParrot4 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:44 pm
Here is link to goose episode.
Hmmm... Didn't realize there were any geese left in Canada. Thought they'd all moved down here years ago. Reckon maybe that one was a souvenir.

Wonder if that Yorkie still ventures outdoors. :)

(Lovin, thanks for answering my Cams question before I'd even asked.) ;)

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:25 pm

The eagle/hawklet story just aired on our local Baton Rouge, Louisiana 5:00pm news. Wow! That story has travelled all over.
AKA: Marianne

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:02 am

:tea: Good Morning Everybody.
It's so hot here. Think E20 had the right idea. :D
Attachments
snapshot E20 but dip.jpg
E20 butt dip on a hot day

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:12 am

Hello peeps! Happy Friday !
well my cameras all say "no live steam. " So this may be the end.
:ty: Pritchett family for the opportunity and blessing, you have given us to watch Harriet and M15 each season.

I look at it this way now. We are one day closer to season 11 ! :woohoo: (but I can't say I'm not already missing the cameras). :(

It's possible Wings (Vicki) will visit the nest area soon. She said about 10 days. Today is the 10th day ! but whose counting :mihihi:
Then maybe we will get more info on the cameras. and it won't hurt too much to hear the calm reassuring voice either :rh:

Re: Jr. and Malala. (hawklet and eaglet). I tuned in this morning and Malala has branched ! Looks like they even spent the night out on the branch in front of nest. Was all tucked and snoozing on the branch, early this morning. Congrates little one !!!
Do we know how old Jr. (eaglet) is ?

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:36 am

:wave: Hi Lovin. Good to see you today.
:chin: I have a picture of E20's young hawk friend and would like to know if it is a Red Tailed Hawk. Thanks.
:) Hello to anyone else who happens to be trolling and not talking.
Attachments
Immature Hawk 2.jpg

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:40 am

Hello LazyParrot4, looks like the red tail hawks in my part of town ?, but I believe Andocat would have a better call on an official ID.
I have heard Vicki in her videos say there is the red tail hawk. So it probably is. But if I'm wrong don't hold it against me ;)
Thanks again for your s'caps.
Stay Cool !
Have a great one peeps !

BB tonight :bye 1:

Laura G.

Post by Laura G. » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:27 am

LazyParrot4 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:36 am
:wave: Hi Lovin. Good to see you today.
:chin: I have a picture of E20's young hawk friend and would like to know if it is a Red Tailed Hawk. Thanks.
:) Hello to anyone else who happens to be trolling and not talking.
:bye 1: Hello to you, too, LazyParrot4, and all who are hanging around. All the eagles in all the other nests I'm watching are getting so big. But I'm glad that even the oldest fledglings (and their parents) are still showing up in the nests (e.g., Duke Farms). And I tear up whenever I watch or think about the eagle/hawk nest lately; I'm awed that the eagles "took in" (instead of ate) and are raising and sharing a nest with what is supposed to be their mortal enemy. I like to think it's an example of choosing a hopeful path.

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:10 am

:tea: Good Morning. Does everyone remember this?: :w00t:
Attachments
M puts fish on E20's head.jpg
M15 puts fish on E20's head.

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:30 am

:mihihi: LazyParrot. What a moment! Good morning and have a great day. Maybe a 🐠 on the head would keep us cool 🙂
Best wishes,

Peggy :)
She/her

In loving memory of Ozzie & Harriet, “May you soar on eagle wings, high above the madness of the world."--Jonathan Lockwood Huie ❤️

Sunnybird1995

Post by Sunnybird1995 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:57 am

:wave:
Hello everybirdy!
It is great to see everyone's posts & comments.
Thanks for the memory LazyParrot! :D
:coffee2:
Still looking for E9 :rh: October 12, 2019
Harriet Forever :brknhrt: March 2023

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”