In Memoriam

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

Philjo56France

Re: In Memoriam

Post by Philjo56France » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:15 am

Reserved to

02-11-2018 Big Bear 🙏🦅Stormy💔🙏 +04-06-2019 Camulos Ventura County, CA. --
04-14-2019 Big Bear 🙏🦅Simba💔🙏 +09-03-2020 Fournoy Tehama County, CA.

A video by Lady Hawk

10 sept. 2023
The video coverage from today shows either Jackie or Shadow perched in their favorite roosting tree this afternoon. They depart and vocals are heard.

It is with an extremely heavy heart I share this sad news that was published yesterday by Bloom Biological that both Stormy and Simba have been found deceased. Dr Pete Bloom banded Stormy in 3/28/18 and Simba 5/24/19. I am including the link to Bloom Biological and also the information that Trish has shared regarding this heartbreaking news. Their respective deaths were not recent (Stormy found 4/6/2019 and Simba 9/3/20). As you can see, neither of the two juveniles did not survive much past their first year of life. It is unknown what caused their deaths...

FOBBV Cam Big Bear ~ HEARTBREAKING NEWS 💔 Stormy & Simba Are Reported Deceased 💔 9.9.23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsZ0NNP2Oag
2023-09-10_18h07_52.jpg
2023-09-10_18h07_32.jpg

What a party they surely did and still do these all so beautiful four eaglets. BBB, Stormy, Cookie and Simba. I'm Happy Mr BB Jackie and Shadow are not aware of thiese bad news. RIP mes eaglets chéris. Soar high and freely with always a full crop
😢💔🙏
Last edited by Philjo56France on Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

ondabebe
Topic Assistant

Post by ondabebe » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:46 am

Kitcat11848 wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:38 pm
Sad news for Big BearLake Bald Eagles
Our hearts are heavy with sadness as we just learned that Stormy and Simba were both encountered as “deceased”. Unfortunately we now know that neither eagle survived much after their first year of life. There's an UPDATE article by Bloom Biological, Inc. that was posted yesterday (9/8/23) – Dr. Bloom is the biologist who was in charge of banding Stormy, Simba and Cookie. I had recently posted some misinformation as I misinterpreted data from a chart in an article from Bloom Biological. released in 2020. The article from 2020 had data regarding banded eagles which included Stormy and Simba. This new article has more details including the STATUS of the condition of the eagles whereas the article released in 2020 did not include the status and only showed the encountered dates. I assumed and wished as I'm certain all of you would, that Stormy and Simba both were encountered "alive". You may read and see for yourselves the new UPDATE article/chart and educational information in the link below. My hope is that we will learn more about how Stormy and Simba each died. I have requested more information regarding their deaths and if I obtain it I will share what I learn. Let's hope that if there are remedies or improvements to be made to prevent other eagles/birds death that the loss of these two eagles will help others to survive in the future. Electrocution, fishing line, lead poisoning, pesticide/rodenticide or even someone driving too fast in an area where birds possibly feed etc are some possibilities - however, we may never know how they met their demise. It's up to the biologists, from what I understand, as to if any further details will be given. What we do know is that the chart from the most recent UPDATE article do give us the sad conclusion and the worst thing that any of us would want to learn about Stormy and Simba. There is a lot of good that can come from banding and there is also some sad notes such as this news. I think that the positive note of the not banded birds is the unknown which allows us to always remain hopeful that an eagle such as Spirit (not banded) is living well and enjoying being free in the wild. You can google or search directly in youtube for "banding of Stormy" and "banding of Simba" to confirm the banding dates that coincide with the chart provided by Bloom Biological. I do believe the recent article dated 9/8/23 may have an error where it references "Simba" and that most likely should be "Stormy". Also, the banding date of Simba I believe was 5/24/19 yet I kept the date of 5/25/19 on the composite photo as this is the date that Bloom Biological used. Regardless of these possible errors, both eagles do appear to be reported as encountered “deceased” in the chart. I wish badly that I would have been correct in my earlier post where I believed that both eagles had made it past that crucial one year mark and I wish badly that both were alive. Here's the newly released article by Bloom Biological that gives more specific details where the new chart includes the encounter "status". I cannot find a link to the 2020 article or I would have provided that as well. I encourage anyone who does ever see a banded bird of any kind where the code can be read clearly to report the sighting to the USGS. RIP Stormy and Simba and may you soar high and free for eternity. It's a sad day here in the eagles neighborhood by Big Bear Lake. - Trish

Link to Bloom Biological, Inc article dated 9/8/23:
bloom.bio/news/2023/9/6/color-banded-bald-eagles-in-southern-california-update?fbclid=IwAR384pTGeWgkX-AMlXk_aH8t2NxJYKuewuxNGuDds1Otwp4ibkzfpOVjba8
I read this last night very late and am so saddened by the loss of Simba and Stormy. RIP and Soar High and Free. :rh:

Iona

Post by Iona » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:43 am

:brknhrt:

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:44 pm

Thank you Philjo for your touching Memoriam for Stormy and Simba. You have such a caring heart and soul for these beautiful raptors. I'm sure you shed many tears while writing these beautiful words of tribute to all those who have flown on ahead. :huggie:
Marianne
AKA: Marianne

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:51 am

Sorry, yesterday i posted the link of a video by LadyHawk. It was a message concerning The death of Stormy and Simba. FOBBV Asked LH to erased her video. No reason was sent to her.
Probably or may be because 4 years after, nobody at FOBBV worried about these two little eaglets and may be they wanted to be the first to announce it. I don't know more so do not ask me why. Thanks.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:37 am

Big Bear Valley's #1 forgotten eaglet

RIP 2019

04-06-2019. From Big Bear Valley Eagle Nest, Ca. Bald eaglet, 🙏🦅 Stormy 💔🙏 at 14 Months old, Camulos, Ventura County, Ca.

🙏🦅Stormy💔🙏, °02-11-2018 at Big Bear, Ca - 04-06-2019 at Camulos, Ventura County, Ca at 14 months old.
Mom Jackie and Dad Mr B's older eaglet. His younger sibling "BBB" died at 6 mo and half after a night of cold rain and freezing temperature. Both were too big to be able to fit under Jackie and her warm.
All the hopes of the family then fell on you "Stormy" hence a deep sadness to learn in September 23 that it had already been 4 years since you left us to join your little brother.

:rh: :rh: :cry1: :brknhrt:
2023-09-12_14h30_48.jpg
Mr B with Stormy and BBB by RitaR
2023-09-10_18h07_52.jpg
Stormy and BBB by Lady Hawk
2023-09-11_10h04_55.jpg
The so bad and sad news. September 2023.
:cry1: :brknhrt: :( :cryhanky:

What I'm sure of now, wherever he is, †Stormy†'s soul is in 🙏 the hands of God, his true father 🙏.

†Stormy† was also very well surrounded by all the little guys which perished before him and the joy to meet again little Bro "BBB" and also Cookie your 2019 half sibling who were now 2 beautiful eagles and have the possibility to guide you everywhere as they know this new place very well.

RIP beautiful and precious †Stormy† as it was Gods's choice to allow you to enter HIS mystery :cry1: :brknhrt: 🙏
In that case, †Stormy†, you offered us some magnific moments of life between your hatching and the day you left the area for your free eagle life.

During your last Day, †Stormy† like an Angel, you unzipped your feathered down coat and your soul flew away to the Heavens where you were welcome, i'm sure by all the bald eaglets who shared the same fate as you, leaving us alone so early. May be you were welcome by some of your family older members and by "BBB" and Cookie of course :luck: . 🙏 😭💔

Now you are flying among the stars, marvellous †Stormy†. :rh: 🙏

†Stormy†, of course you have a special place in our heart forever... :rh:

†Stormy†, Fly high and freely with your sibling BBB, and Cookie and protect your family, Mom Jackie, Dad Mr B, Shadow the new mate of your Mother and father of your young 2019 sibling Stormy and 2022 Spirit. Do not forget us too as we will need your help too to spent this hard moment without you. Don't forget also, God has certainly a new and beautiful mission for you . :luck: . :rh:

Dear †Stormy†, As we don't know what were the conditions of your death, i hope you didn't suffer too much during your last moment. Now you are a free soaring bald eagle with a full crop forever and will never be alone and always with "BBB" and Cookie. 😢 Rest In Peace Stormy 🙏

🙏 †Stormy† 🙏 :cry1: :brknhrt:

Eagles, Ospreys, Falcons, Hawks, Owls, Condors, Raptors and Others

Without Past, there is no Future !

To all of you, Fly Free, Fly High with always a full Crop and don't forget all of you,
You will never be alone, You will live for the Eternity in our Heart.

12 September 2023

Another 1 more stab wounds straight to the :rh: heart. I thought that afterwards we removed them and that there was no trace of them but in fact they continue to accumulate... :brknhrt: :brknhrt: :brknhrt:

By dint of enduring and sharing these pains, these sorrows, this sadness and all these tears with all our little feathered friends, young or old, for that matter, maybe one day I will have to withdraw completely for an indefinite period because that season has been particularly terrible despite some wonderful and happy successes.

It is possible that I scatter a little too much in the different nests or there is a real hecatomb this year in terms of the survival of the chicks. Considering what I read in the various forums, I think more for the hecatomb.
Last edited by Philjo56France on Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:13 am

Big Bear Valley's #2 forgotten eaglet

RIP 2020

09-03-2020. From Big Bear Valley Eagle Nest, Ca. Bald eaglet, 🙏🦅 Simba 💔🙏 at 16 Months old, Fournoy Tehama County, Ca.

🙏🦅Simba💔🙏, °04-14-2019 at Big Bear, Ca - 09-03-2020 at Fournoy Tehama County, Ca at 16 months old.

Mom Jackie and Dad Shadow older eaglet. His younger sibling Cookie died at around 7 weeks old after a night of cold rain and freezing temperature. Both were too big to be able to fit under Jackie and her warm.
All the hopes of the family then fell on you "Simba" hence a deep sadness to learn in September 2023 that it had already been 3 years since you left us (Sept-2020 to join) your little brother Cookie and also your older siblings Stormy and BBB. What a parties you must have done all four together on the other side... :woohoo: :cheers: :donpan: :grhug: :rh:

:rh: :rh: :cry1: :brknhrt:
2023-09-10_18h07_32.jpg
By Lady Hawk
2023-09-11_10h07_06.jpg
By Lady Hawk
2023-09-11_10h05_09.jpg
By Lady Hawk
:cry1: :brknhrt: :( :cryhanky:

What I'm sure of now, wherever he is, †Simba†'s soul is in 🙏 the hands of God, his true father 🙏.

†Simba† was also very well surrounded by all the little guys which perished before him and the joy to meet again little Bro Cookie and the older ones BBB and Stormy who were all some beautiful eagles and had the possibility to guide you everywhere as they know that new beautiful place perfectly.

RIP beautiful and precious †Simba† as it was Gods's choice to allow you to enter HIS mystery :cry1: :brknhrt: 🙏
In that case, †Simba†, you offered us some magnific moments of life between your hatching and the day you left the area for a better free eagle life for you.

During your last Day, †Simba† like an Angel, you unzipped your feathered down coat and your soul flew away to the Heavens where you were welcome, i'm sure by all the bald eaglets who shared the same fate as you, leaving us alone so early. May be you were welcome by some of your family older members and also by Cookie, Stormy and BBB of course :luck: . 🙏 😭💔

Now you are flying among the stars, marvellous †Simba†. :rh: 🙏

†Simba†, of course you have a special place in our heart forever... :rh:

†Simba†, Fly high and freely with your siblings Cookie, Stormy and BBB, protect your family, Mom Jackie, Dad Shadow, Spirit your young 2022 siblings and the future new ones. Do not forget us too as we will need your help too to spent this hard moment without you. Don't forget also, God has certainly a new and beautiful mission for you . :luck: . :rh:

Dear †Simba†, As we don't know what were the conditions of your death, i hope you didn't suffer too much during your last moment. Now you are a free soaring bald eagle with a full crop forever and will never be alone and always with Cookie, Stormy and BBB. 😢 Rest In Peace Simba 🙏

🙏 †SImba† 🙏 :cry1: :brknhrt:

Eagles, Ospreys, Falcons, Hawks, Owls, Condors, Raptors and Others

Without Past, there is no Future !

To all of you, Fly Free, Fly High with always a full Crop and don't forget all of you,
You will never be alone, You will live for the Eternity in our Heart.

12 September 2023

Another 1 more stab wounds straight to the :rh: heart. I thought that afterwards we removed them and that there was no trace of them but in fact they continue to accumulate... :brknhrt: :brknhrt: :brknhrt:

By dint of enduring and sharing these pains, these sorrows, this sadness and all these tears with all our little feathered friends, young or old, for that matter, maybe one day I will have to withdraw completely for an indefinite period because that season has been particularly terrible despite some wonderful and happy successes.

It is possible that I scatter a little too much in the different nests or there is a real hecatomb this year in terms of the survival of the chicks. Considering what I read in the various forums, I think more for the hecatomb.
Last edited by Philjo56France on Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:23 am

Thank you Philjo; beautifully said and written.

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:26 am

Good morning everyone

I remember so well Stormy and little BBB, the devastation of BBB loss. Shadow chasing their dad...

And then. Following season cookie passing away after a huge snow storm :no: it was so hard and Simba doing so well then.

I couldn't imagine stormy nor Simba will not survive just after their first year :cry1:
I couldn't imagine either, that FOBBV will deny their passing for 4 years !
And ask lady hawk to delete her tribute video :cry1:
Eagles don't belong to humans. Especially the cam owners.
I'm glad Jackie and Shadow don't know what happened to their babies ; they have been through so many terrible moments including last years. I hope Spirit is doing strong :rh: with her wings and heart are lifted by her sibling :brknhrt:

Rest in peace, Stormy and Simba. Big Bear Baby and Cookie. We don't forget you ❤️

Philippe merci for all you're doing... sometimes I don't have the strength to read all the losses but it doesn't mean I don't feel for all of them.
All scaps are courtesy of
http://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html
or by photographers / videographers credited in my message
In love with Harriett and M Family !

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:50 pm

Pascale and Marianne, you're welcome.

Last thing about these 4 guys

What a party they surely did and still do these all so beautiful four eaglets. BBB, Stormy, Cookie and Simba.
I'm Happy Mr BB, Jackie and Shadow are not aware of these bad news.
RIP mes eaglets chéris.
Soar high and freely with always a full crop
😢💔🙏

4 years ago, Lady Hawk made a marvellous Tribute for Jackie, Shadow, Simba and Cookie, the 2019 season
23 août 2019

"I would like to say what a privilege & honor it has been for me to once again cover this nest. Last May 2018, a young sub adult who would later be called Shadow, arrived and began to woo Jackie. He successfully won her heart & we got to see the the culmination of their bonding - two beautiful eaglets - Simba & Cookie, hatching & growing stronger under their care.

Shadow excelled at being a first time Dad & Jackie herself only a second time Mom, worked alongside him to help raise their new family. Our hearts are rich & overflowing with so many beautiful memories watching the babies interact together - but then tears were shed over the passing of Cookie who died from hypothermia when a late springtime storm passed through the area.

Simba grew strong & fledged at 100 days old as we all cheered him on!

To Simba - May the wind always be beneath your wings, may you soar high & fly free and maybe one day, return again to your natal nest area & raise a family of your own. Godspeed Simba! ♥♥♥

~~ I would like to thank all the many viewers & eagle lovers from the bottom of my heart - who have followed Shadow, Jackie, Simba & Cookie this season with me! I hope you enjoy the video I created and that it touches your heart.

Video & photos captured, edited & produced by Lady Hawk

Special thanks to the Friends of Big Bear Valley & Institute of Wildlife Studies IWS.

Music credits:
Somewhere Out There - James Ingram & Linda Ronstadt
The Dance - Garth Brooks
ABC- The Jackson 5
One Moment In Time - Whitney Houston
Photo credit: Cookie & Simba after banding - Jim Campbell-Spickler"
2023-09-13_10h53_17.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eijnNI_f6d4
2023-09-13_10h55_11.jpg
The young Shadow
2023-09-13_11h00_27.jpg
Almost one of the last time Simba and Cookie were together. Now they are reunited forever with BBB and Stormy (2018 eaglets)
All the pics are from the marvellous video by Lady Hawk
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Maddy
Topic Assistant

Post by Maddy » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:30 pm

Pascale wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:26 am
I couldn't imagine either, that FOBBV will deny their passing for 4 years !
Pascale, they didn't do that, they found out about that like everyone else just few days ago.. :(
E9 is 7 yo now

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:23 am

Yesterday 09-22, Pascale sent me this message

09-23-2023 04h20 ET

Tribute to Harriet and E14

"Catharina Andersson the Swedish painter painted a rock in memoriam of Harriet and E14. We can't forget also Little Buddy Egg too.
She's in Florida
She will bring it to the nest this morning (09-22-2023)."

What a pleasure to look at these two beauties
2023-09-22_10h49_42.jpg
©Catharina Andersson
Merci so much Catherina even if tears are also coming back for them :rh: :cry1: :rh:

Merci Pascale :huggie:

Last message from Pascale

"Yesterday Catharina met MLiz and Vicki.
MLiz wanted to go see the Pritchetts and she took her, so she gave the painted stone to Andy Pritchett who said they will keep it.
Catharina was very happy because she wanted to give it to them to thank them for the Cams..." :huggie: :grhug: :hug:
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Iona

Post by Iona » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:06 am

What a beautiful memorial stone Thanks

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:42 pm

Such a beautiful memorial stone to honor Harriet, E14 and egg buddy. Thank you Catharina for painting the lovely rock and MLiz for taking her to the nest.

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:02 am

Thank you to those who brought this in here.....Catharina's tribute it touching and wonderful....Harriet was an eagle for the ages and so missed along E14 and egg buddy. Thank you so much Catharina and all who post here doing so much good.
carolyn
An upside down dog is a happy dog dreaming sweet dreams.
carolyn

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”