In Memoriam

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

Philjo56France

Re: In Memoriam

Post by Philjo56France » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:31 am

:thumlft:
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Maddy
Topic Assistant

Post by Maddy » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:35 am

Thank you for stopping by, Philippe, I keep sending my love and healing energy your way and praying your health will return soon! :rh: :huggie: :hug: :grhug:
E9 is 7 yo now

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:40 am

Maddy wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:35 am
Thank you for stopping by, Philippe, I keep sending my love and healing energy your way and praying your health will return soon! :rh: :huggie: :hug: :grhug:
:rh:
viewtopic.php?p=741415#p741415
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:44 am

RIP 2024

04-10-2024. Berry College, Ga. Bald Eaglet †B17†.

16 do. ° 03-25-2024 @ 08h30 - 04-10-2024 during the night...

Mom Missy and Dad Berry's Beloved little one, survivor of 2 clutches (2x2 eggs) but only during 16 days.
2024-04-11_15h42_08.jpg
2024-04-11_15h40_34.jpg
2024-04-11_15h39_10.jpg

This is what "Kitcat11848" wrote yesterday evening
"The cam did a reset at 8:30pm before I could grab more s’caps. Mom is brooding B17 now; it's very windy at the nest. I read back thru chat and really no change. Mom and Dad have both been on the nest,no feedings, B17 has tried to get to parents, maybe for food but more likely warmth. Very weak :( ….probably to weak now to swallow properly. So sad.
Most seem to think B17 was small for their developmental stage even though it was well fed and eating well.. Consensus maybe, failure to thrive.
And this morning
"For those just stopping in, Our precious 15 day old B17 became critically I'll yesterday and passed away during the night. RIP sweet B17, soar high and free and may you always have a full crop.
We will never know why B17 became sick so quickly, going from a healthy, active eaglet on Sunday, April 7, to a less active, then a lethargic, ill baby on Wednesday, April 10. Mom and Dad provided well for B17, never lacking in food and B17 seeminly ate all the time. Still B17 seemed small for their stage of development; therefore failure to thrive took it’s toll. There has been lots of speculation as to what was wrong, but again we will never know. Thank you everyone for watching this nest. Life goes on and Mom and Dad will continue to be around."

from the Chat
PatchyJoe: Berry College Eagles Favorites · 6m ·
We are sad to report that B17 has died overnight. Though it had been doing well, it appeared to be in some distress
yesterday and things took a quick turn for the worse overnight. Unfortunately there is no way for us to know the cause of B17's death. It is very important now that we do what is best for the eagles and not interfere with the nest. If we had tried to intervene, we could risk injury to the eagles, or even risk nest abandonment.The nest live stream may be

:cry1: :cry1: :cry1:

:brknhrt: :( :cryhanky:

What I'm sure of now, wherever s/he is, †B17†'s soul is in 🙏 the hands of God, her true father 🙏.

†B17† was also very well surrounded by All it's older already gone †siblings†.

RIP beautiful and precious †B17† as that was Gods's choice to bring you with him :cry1: :brknhrt: 🙏 :cry1: :brknhrt:

In that case, †B17†, like an Angel, unzipped its feathered down coat and its soul flew away to the Heavens where it was welcome by all its †siblings† and older family members. Now you are flying among the stars, marvellous †B17†. :rh: 🙏

†B17†, of course you also have a special place in our heart forever... :rh:

†B17†; Fly high and freely and protect your siblings olders and futures, your Mom and Father too, Take care of every of them. If you have still some time, take a look to us too, as we will need your help too.
Don't forget also, God has certainly a new and beautiful mission for you. :luck: . :rh:

Dear †B17†, i hope you didn't suffer too much during this last day, i know well what way you crossed with your breathing problems. After a too short life, now you are a free soaring Bald Eaglet with a full crop forever and will never be alone. 😢 RIP 🙏

🙏 :brknhrt: :( :cry1: :cryhanky:🙏

Eagles, Ospreys, Falcons, Hawks, Owls, Condors, Raptors and Others

In Memory of:

RIP 5 birds, (1 adult and 4 young).
†Mom Anna†, Bald Eagle from Kistachie National Forest E-1 Nest, Louisiana. †January 01.--- †Lusa†, 61 do Bald Eaglet from Captiva Island Fl. †February 16.--- †Morzine†, 1 yo White Tail Eagle from "Les Aigles du Léman", France. Killed by a hunter. †February 24.--- †HAN#1†, 1st day old Bald Eaglet from Hanover PA. Killed by his too young father who thought it was a prey the first time he saw it in the nest. †April 8.--- †B17†, 16 do Bald Eaglet from Berry College, GA. The survivor of 4 eggs on 2 clutches. The Missy and Dad's beloved little one. Not able to eat and a big problem to breath during all its last day. †April 10.---

MIA 0 birds, (0 adults and 0 young).
, ---

Unhatched Eggs: (18)
KNFE1 egg non-viable at Kistachie National Forest E-1 Nest, Louisiana.---SWFEC Egg#2, Hatching was too hard for a less than 35 days to young eaglet at North Fort Myers, Florida.--- BC Egg#1 and BC Egg#2 (first clutch), non fertilized, broken the same day at 39d & 42d of incubation and BC Egg#3 (second clutch) buried at 42d at Berry College, Georgia.--- NE29 egg#2, Beau, the new male never incubated the second egg when Mom Gabby was away at NEFL, Florida.--- Redding Egg1/3, Cracked in the nest during the incubation Liberty and Guardian Redding nest, California.--- DG6 and DG7, Mom Rosa stopped the incubation after 8 and 5 days as the new Dad, Lewis, never participated to the incubation. Mom Rosa left the area. Lewis and a new female are in this nest now at Dulles Greenway VA.--- BBegg#1, BBegg#2, BBegg#3 never hatched. unfertilized?, non viable? at Big Bear, California.--- SSCIegg#1 and SSCIegg#2 broke at Sauces-Santa Cruz Island.--- PTegg#1 the egg being partially crushed during the hatching, Port Tobacco, MD.--- egg#1, non viable bald eaglet from Hanover PA.--- egg#1 first clutch, broken egg ~33do, bald eagle from Sauces-Santa Cruz Island, CA.--- egg#2 second clutch, broken egg <1do, bald eagle from Sauces-Santa Cruz Island, CA.---

Without Past, there is no Future !

To all of you, Fly Free, Fly High with always a full Crop and don't forget all of you,
You will never be alone, You will live for the Eternity in our Heart.

11 April 2024

Another 1 more stab wounds straight to the :rh: heart. I thought that afterwards we removed them and that there was no trace of them but in fact they continue to accumulate... :brknhrt: :brknhrt: :brknhrt:

By dint of enduring and sharing these pains, these sorrows, this sadness and all these tears with all our little feathered friends, young or old, for that matter, maybe one day I will have to withdraw completely for an indefinite period because that season has been particularly terrible despite some wonderful and happy successes.

It is possible that I scatter a little too much in the different nests or there is a real hecatomb this year in terms of the survival of the chicks. Considering what I read in the various forums, I think more for the hecatomb.

Sorry, i had to be there for B17, Repose En Paix mon petit ami :rh: :rh: :rh: :cry1:
Last edited by Philjo56France on Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:03 am

Thank you Philippe for your beautifully written Memoriam to B17. You really do have a compassionate and comforting way with words.
RIP sweet B17, fly high and free and may you always have a full crop. Your life was cut way too short but you brought joy to us in those short weeks. :brknhrt:
AKA: Marianne

Iona

Post by Iona » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:55 am

:brknhrt:

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:19 am

RIP 2024

04-08-2024. NCTC Bald Eagles - Shepherdstown, WVA. Bald Eaglets †NCTCe1†.

04-12-2024. NCTC Bald Eagles - Shepherdstown, WVA. Bald Eaglets †NCTCe2†.

NCTCe1: less than 1 do. ° 04-08-2024 am - 04-08-2024 after 19h30.
NCTCe2: less than 1 do. ° 04-11-2024 bef noon - 04-12-2024 not far after 07h36.

Mom Bella and too young Dad Scout's little beloved 1 day old eaglets (2).
Killed and eaten by Dad just after Bella let him alone with the little eaglets.

Pics from https://www.facebook.com/groups/1690426617860075 Bald Eagles 101
2024-04-13_10h00_07.jpg
©Paul Kolnik
2024-04-13_09h52_22.jpg
©Denise Wisniewski Starr

From JudyB
viewtopic.php?p=742593#p742593

" Scout is a young male, possibly less than 5 years old - he still has some dark feathers on his head.
Bella accepted the new mate, and they produced three eggs, on February 27, March 1 and March 4.

Sad news - the first egg broke on March 19; it was not incubated during some cold weather so may have been non-viable.

Amazing then tragic news - in spite of being left uncovered a lot in bad weather, the second egg hatched the morning of April 8, and Bella gave her new chick a tiny meal around 5pm; at 7:30 pm, she flew off and young first-time dad Scout came to the nest. Quoting from NCTC's message for teachers about what happened next: "He seemed somewhat confused at seeing the eaglet. He appeared restless and flew to the post for a brief time. After coming back to the egg cup he nipped at the eaglet a few times, but started to brood. Then he started nipping again, was rough with the eaglet and likely wounded the hatchling. After tasting blood, he pulled the eaglet out of the nest cup and consumed the chick." Rest in peace, tiny one.

April 10 - the last egg began to hatch; observers were all keeping their fingers crossed.

April 12 - the second egg hatched the morning of April 11, with hatch confirmed a little before noon; Scout poked at it briefly then put a bit of straw on top of it the first time he was alone with it, then mostly ignored it the rest of the day; Bella brought back a large fish, which Scout took from her and flew off with (I think in "young eagle grabbing what he can get" mode, rather than the "Dad" mode we'd hoped would come). Bella was able to give the chick a few bites this morning from leftovers on the nest around 7:36 am, then she flew off, probably at least partly in search of food. Scout arrived on the nest, removed the chick from the nest bowl, and seeing it as food, killed and ate the tiny one.

Rest in peace, tiny one, and fly high with your sibling, far beyond the sky. "

:cry1: :cry1: :cry1:

:brknhrt: :( :cryhanky:

What I'm sure of now, wherever They are, †NCTCe1 & NCTCe2†'s souls are in 🙏 the hands of God, their true Father 🙏.

†NCTCe1 & NCTCe2† were also very well surrounded by All their older already gone †siblings†.

RIP beautiful and precious †NCTCe1 & NCTCe2† as that was Gods's choice to bring you with him :cry1: :brknhrt: 🙏 :cry1: :brknhrt:

In that case, †NCTCe1 & NCTCe2†, like Angels, unzipped their feathered down coats and their souls flew away to the Heavens where they were welcome by all their †siblings† and older family members. Now you are flying among the stars, marvellous †NCTCe1 & NCTCe2†. :rh: 🙏

†NCTCe1 & NCTCe2†, of course you also have a special place in our heart forever... :rh:

†NCTCe1 & NCTCe2†; Fly high and freely and protect your siblings olders and futures, your Mom Bella and Father Scout too. Forgive him because Scout didn't know what he was doing. He didn't know you were his beloved children. Take care of every of them. If you have still some time, take a look to us too, as we will need your help too.
Don't forget also, God has certainly a new and beautiful mission for you. :luck: . :rh:

Dear †NCTCe1 & NCTCe2†, i hope you didn't suffer too much and too long during your last moment. After a too short life, now you are two free soaring Bald Eaglets with a full crop forever and will never be alone. 😢 RIP 🙏

🙏 :brknhrt: :( :cry1: :cryhanky:🙏

Eagles, Ospreys, Falcons, Hawks, Owls, Condors, Raptors and Others

In Memory of:

RIP 8 birds, (1 adult and 7 young).
†Mom Anna†, Bald Eagle from Kistachie National Forest E-1 Nest, Louisiana. †January 01.--- †Lusa†, 61 do Bald Eaglet from Captiva Island Fl. †February 16.--- †Morzine†, 1 yo White Tail Eagle from "Les Aigles du Léman", France. Killed by a hunter. †February 24.--- †HAN#1†, 1st day old Bald Eaglet from Hanover PA. Killed by his too young father who thought it was a prey the first time he saw it in the nest. †April 8.--- †NCTCe1†, less than 1 day old fom NCTC Bald Eagles - Shepherdstown, WVA. Killed and eaten by his too young father, Scout, who thought it was a prey the first time he saw it in the nest. †April 8.--- †B17†, 16 do Bald Eaglet from Berry College, GA. The survivor of 4 eggs on 2 clutches. The Missy and Dad's beloved little one. Not able to eat and a big problem to breath during all its last day. †April 10.--- †NCTCe2†, less than 1 day old fom NCTC Bald Eagles - Shepherdstown, WVA. Killed and eaten by his too young father, Scout, who thought it was a prey the first time he saw it in the nest. †April 11.--- †Meadow†, Bald Eaglet from Florida Eagle Country. Supposed to be treated at Audubon (he fell from his nest) and more than a week later they discovered (because he stopped eating) that he had multiple fractures to one wing. He was euthanized after certainly too much suffering.. †April 15.---

MIA 0 birds, (0 adults and 0 young).
, ---

Unhatched Eggs: (22)
KNFE1 egg non-viable at Kistachie National Forest E-1 Nest, Louisiana.---SWFEC Egg#2, Hatching was too hard for a less than 35 days to young eaglet at North Fort Myers, Florida.--- BC Egg#1 and BC Egg#2 (first clutch), non fertilized, broken the same day at 39d & 42d of incubation and BC Egg#3 (second clutch) buried at 42d at Berry College, Georgia.--- NE29 egg#2, Beau, the new male never incubated the second egg when Mom Gabby was away at NEFL, Florida.--- Redding Egg1/3, Cracked in the nest during the incubation Liberty and Guardian Redding nest, California.--- DG6 and DG7, Mom Rosa stopped the incubation after 8 and 5 days as the new Dad, Lewis, never participated to the incubation. Mom Rosa left the area. Lewis and a new female are in this nest now at Dulles Greenway VA.--- BBegg#1, BBegg#2, BBegg#3 never hatched. unfertilized?, non viable? at Big Bear, California.--- SSCIegg#1 and SSCIegg#2 broke at Sauces-Santa Cruz Island.--- PTegg#1 the egg being partially crushed during the hatching, Port Tobacco, MD.--- egg#1, non viable bald eaglet from Hanover PA.--- egg#1 first clutch, broken egg ~33do, bald eagle from Sauces-Santa Cruz Island, CA.--- egg#1 second clutch, broken egg <1do, bald eagle from Sauces-Santa Cruz Island, CA.--- egg#1 broken non viable bald eagle egg, from NCTC Bald Eagles - Shepherdstown, WVA.--- egg#2 second clutch, broken egg <1do, bald eagle from Sauces-Santa Cruz Island, CA.--- egg#3 second clutch, Audacity laid a broken egg, bald eagle from Sauces-Santa Cruz Island, CA.--- egg#4 second clutch, broken egg <1do, bald eagle from Sauces-Santa Cruz Island, CA.---

Without Past, there is no Future !

To all of you, Fly Free, Fly High with always a full Crop and don't forget all of you,
You will never be alone, You will live for the Eternity in our Heart.

22 April 2024

Another 1 more stab wounds straight to the :rh: heart. I thought that afterwards we removed them and that there was no trace of them but in fact they continue to accumulate... :brknhrt: :brknhrt: :brknhrt:

By dint of enduring and sharing these pains, these sorrows, this sadness and all these tears with all our little feathered friends, young or old, for that matter, maybe one day I will have to withdraw completely for an indefinite period because that season has been particularly terrible despite some wonderful and happy successes.

It is possible that I scatter a little too much in the different nests or there is a real hecatomb this year in terms of the survival of the chicks. Considering what I read in the various forums, I think more for the hecatomb.
Last edited by Philjo56France on Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:16 am, edited 8 times in total.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Iona

Post by Iona » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:14 am

:brknhrt:

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Tue May 07, 2024 8:21 am

I had to say goodbye to my 18 year old kitty, Eddy, female, a lynx pint oriental shorthair, who was going downhill fast. It was a tough but needed decision and I know whatever pain she had is now gone. I could not bear to hear her cry loudly at night any longer. She is sorely missed, but was loved for so many years. Her buddy cat is looking for her but maybe understands I hope.
Carolyn
(no picture, do not have a good one)
An upside down dog is a happy dog dreaming sweet dreams.
carolyn

Iona

Post by Iona » Tue May 07, 2024 8:45 am

So sorry Carolyn HUGS :hug:

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Tue May 07, 2024 12:34 pm

I’m so sorry for the loss of your kitty. Our pets are family and it’s hard to say goodbye. Hugs and prayers.
Marianne
AKA: Marianne

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Tue May 07, 2024 2:48 pm

Thank you Iona and Marianne, that means a lot to me, touching hearts with friends from afar,
carolyn
carolyn

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue May 07, 2024 3:49 pm

So sorry to hear the news, Carolyn - our furry friends are such a big part of our lives. Sending big hugs. :grhug:

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Tue May 07, 2024 6:47 pm

Thank you Judy....true words.....Eddy brought such joy over the years. She was the last of our "Honeymooner" kitties. We had Ralph, Alice, Trixie, Eddy and Bibbo but she lived till 18 which was incredible. As the vet said "She lived and long life and then some"....Pebbles misses her sleeping buddy so I hold her a lot. Big smiles and memories,
carolyn
carolyn

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Tue May 07, 2024 9:24 pm

As you know Carolyn, †Eddy†, like an Angel, unzipped her furry down coat and her soul flew away to the Heavens where she was welcome by all their †siblings† and older family members, by all your previous little † Ralph, Alice, Trixie, Eddy, Bibbo † and also all your † Family members † who was all there to welcome her and to explain her that it was a new era for her and each time she will need to see you all in this earth she will have only to think about you and sometimes i'm sure you will ressent her presence near you or on your knees like she loved to be before. Check at Peeble reaction, i'm sure he will know before you that †Eddy† is in your house during a short moment... You just have to sometime hear the sound of silence and may be you will be able to be connected to her but not so often as she has her new and beautiful life to live ... Now †Eddy† is a new star among all the others, marvellous †Eddy†, Rest In Peace. :rh: 🙏

And carolyn :hug: :huggie: :grhug: :rh:

I'm so sad and sorry for you.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”