In Memoriam

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

JudyB
Admin

Re: In Memoriam

Post by JudyB » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:11 pm

Thank you, Philippe - that is a lovely remembrance for Romeo - and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll be seeing Samson and his lady Gabrielle for many years to come.

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:16 pm

Me too Philjo.....You always wonder what happens to "our" eagles and now Samson is continuing the saga, good news.
carolyn
An upside down dog is a happy dog dreaming sweet dreams.
carolyn

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:51 pm

Philjo56France wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:09 am
I made an update the last september 23 ( viewtopic.php?p=135962#p135962 ) but Romeo, Dad from NEFL nest deserves a lot better.

Rip 2018

MIA December 26 - NEFL, Florida, Dad Romeo

creation by VictoriaThebeautifulcreationbyVictoria.jpg
One hour and a half before the hatch. Merci Bev !screenshot_44.jpg
Last time seen in the nest. Merci Bev ! screenshot_01.jpg

in mid-October, the time has finally come to greet Romeo one last time, father of so many marvelous eaglets, husband and lover so faithful to his tender and irreplaceable Juliet.

Alone since December 17, 2018 after the sudden disappearance of his beloved Juliet, he remained to take care of his two eggs until the end releasing his supervision only to feed and survive to give them a chance in life.
Fate did not see it that way. December 25, 2018, Christmas day, just before his little NE20 came into the world, Romeo went fishing and on his return he found an empty shell. Only some have witnessed the horror unfolded before their eyes. Even the non viable egg was looted.

The next day for the last time Romeo flew away. Everyone (so do I) likes to believe that he has gone back to his "Belle" and that they live happily and benevolently towards their successors on this side of life or can be on the other but gathered for eternity …

A glimpse of history, the cherry on the cake, December 28, 2018 an unexpected visit of an eagle, adult, who had already been there the previous summer. The famous Samson, son of Romeo and Juliet who, this October 16, 2019, day that I write his words prepares his nest (of birth) with Gabrielle and who knows will also be at the head of a numerous descendants,God willing, those of Romeo and Juliet of the fact. The circle is complete.

Without Past, there is no Future !

To all of you, Fly Free, Fly High with always a Full Crop and don't forget all of you,
You will never be alone, You will live for the Eternity in our Heart.

2019 october 16

Thanks so much Philjo :huggie:

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:02 pm

Iona, JudyB, Carolyn, Bev, … you are all welcome !
Although it was very hard to go back to this sad story, for the memory of Romeo and his absence so sudden and incomprehensible, I had to do it. :(
:hug: :grhug:
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

laniebelle

Post by laniebelle » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:45 pm

I think of Romeo and Juliet often. Victoria's photos and words were lovely. Philjo, thank you for the very special words in memory of that beautiful couple who brought so much delight to so many of us for so many years. It is consoling a little bit that their son, Samson, found his nest again, and hopefully he and Gabrielle will carry on the legacy that Juliet and Romeo started.
Laniebelle
Remembering Dad Decorah, the greatest eagle Dad ever
follow: Decorah, DNN, SWFEC, NEFL, AEF DC, FSV, Berry, Trio, Standley Lake, Big Bear, Smola

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:04 am

Rip 2019

+ October 28 - 367 Collins Melbourne, AUS : Falconet Younger, the little male of the siblings.

The last 2 days he acted like his siblings last year (trichomonasis) and the year before, most of the time alone, up facing toward the wall, not interested by food, difficulties to breath, often seen with opened beak, and yesterday i noticed also difficulties to open one eye like if it was stuck. I'm pleased he spent his last moment among his siblings ans seemed to leave us peacefully.
Younger was 27 days old :( :cry1: :brknhrt:
2019-10-29_16h48_41.jpg
3 days old and Younger is behind his already two big sisters
On the last two pics, Younger is the closer one
2019-10-29_16h49_09TinaPits.jpg
courtesy of Tina Pits
2019-10-28_08h18_55.jpg
His last evening with his siblings. So late but Mom is awake and there, she certainly knew something was turning bad...
https://www.facebook.com/367collinsfalcons/
space
Eagles, Ospreys, Falcons, Hawks, Owls Raptors

In Memory of: PPO 1, Owlet from Pot Plant Owl nest Johannesburg, SA. +January 4. PPO 2 Owlet from Pot Plant Owl nest Johannesburg, SA. +January 6. Lady Mom Owl from Pot Plant Owl nest Johannesburg, SA. +January 10. Dad Spirit BE from Redding, Ca. MIA January 26. Great Black Hawk Portland Ma +January 30. B13 Eaglet from Berry College, Ga. +February 22. B12 Eaglet from Berry College, Ga. +February 25-26. DN10 Eaglet from Decorah North. +April 1 or 2. Stormy 14 Months old Bald eaglet from Big Bear Valley Cal. +April 6 at Ventura county Cal. Angel Eaglet from NCTC-Sheperdstown. +April 6 or 7. Cookie Eaglet from Big Bear Ca. +May 27. BHPE#1 & BHPE#2 Eaglets from Beacon Hill Park Eagles, Victoria, BC. +June between 20 to 24. Tuffy Hawklet from an eagle nest close to Redding Ca. +July 6 or 7. Dion Osplet from Audubon - Hog Island, Me. +July 25. Doe Bald eagle near Cranesville, Pa. +July 25. Rachel Mom Osprey from Audubon - Hog Island, Me. MIA September 03. WP Peace-up Osplet in Corte Madera, CA. +October 1. Doe Osprey in Charente - France. +October 6. Younger Falconet from Melbourne - AUS. +October 28.

To all of you, Fly Free, Fly High with always a Full Crop and don't forget all of you,

2020 January 12
Last edited by Philjo56France on Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:26 am

Rip 2019

MIA September 29 - Smola - Norway. White Tail Eagle Baroness Barefoot

EPILOGUE
02-27-2020 The remains of baroness barefoot were found not far from the nest. she probably died in a territorial fight shortly after she was last seen - September 2019.
Sensitive people, be careful with the photos. https://www.streambird.no/post/baronessen-funnet-død

Text by Pascale.

Baroness Barefoot ~ ??? - autumn 2019. Baroness and her mate Baron Blue took over Smola nest in 2010.
Since then they have had many offsprings on streaming.
Jeppe and Nille, 2015 - Storm and Stille (died on nest) 2016 - Solo, 2017 - Elida, 2018 - Elle and Melle, 2019.

She has proven during all those years her incredible motherhood qualities, she loved incubating, brooding and cuddling her youngsters. despite a bad leg injury, she took care of her chicks and hunt and fish very frequently. She was also a fierce defender of her nest, being the "heavy artillery" when needed. I remember her spending time with Elida, imprinting her with such love and care.

After the last season, we saw her a few times, and then not anymore since end of September. on Friday, October 25th, Baron blue, her mate, came to the nest with a young female. We think baroness was... is... older than her mate. maybe she went sick, injured, or involved in a fight with an intruder. Her wonderful heritage passed through all her offsprings.
We miss her massive silhouette, adorable face and her limping.

We won't forget you, :rh: Baroness Barefoot :rh:

2019-10-30_10h14_17.jpg
Baroness Barefoot
2019-10-30_10h19_54.jpg
Baron Blue (left) and Baroness
2019-10-30_10h14_55.jpg
part of the descendants of Baronness and Baron Blue.

Last letter to Baroness sent to me by Pascale :huggie:

Baroness Barefoot, Female White Tailed Eagle, MIA - Autumn 2019. Smola, Norway

I remember...
May 2017
I was still mourning e9 departure when I found a video from Lady Hawk showing a big, very big, huge beige eagle feeding a very very tiny white little thing.
https://youtu.be/2PC2nPRtrVg.

I was in awe, in front of this beautiful eagle, and then, I went to the page of this nest in Norway, and... I was hooked.

Solo, baron and baroness entered my life.

I learned many things about this nest, that baron and baroness had several offsprings during these last years, lost a chick in the nest, that this Mom had a limp due to an injury to her leg.
Solo grew up beautifully, fledged, and stayed 9 months 1/2 in the nest area !
The following year, one eaglet hatched too. A big, beautiful female, called Elida. Being alone, she had also all the attention of her parents, especially her mother. The long hours Baroness spent cuddling her, imprinting her daughter with such love and care, are something I will always remember.
Elida fledged and stayed "only" 5 months and a half in the nest area.
Then, in 2019, we had two chicks hatched. Elle and Melle arrived in a disturbed nest. Lots of sibling rivalry, food issues, and sometimes, Baroness seemed to loose her patience, or maybe, she felt it was too much to deal with. They finally succeeded in raising these two adorable eaglets, the huge and strong Elle, her mother's portrait, and the "petite" and feisty Melle ! When Elle and Melle finally fledged, coming more or less to the nest, baroness came home too, often, and then less often...
On 20th of September, she was seen for the last time on cameras.
Baron didn't come back very often either.
We were waiting, a bit anxiously, but we didn't worry. After all, after raising two eaglets, they deserved a nice rest !
But on October 25th evening, we saw both coming home. We were so happy !
Oh wait… This female on the nest is a bit smaller than Baroness... She doesn't limp... she has brown eyes !!! It wasn't baroness.
Baron, bringing a new female. This meant a lot. Baroness would never have accepted a female intruder. Even Baron, wouldn't have accepted this.
It meant a lot.
Baroness was probably gone. Or dead. Baron had met this beautiful female a while ago, to allow her to visit the nest, and stay for the night...
Baroness,
I remember you, such a beautiful female eagle, you, a loving mother and partner, the way you used to leave the nest to chase intruders, the "heavy artillery", when you proudly came back to the nest with fish or prey. The tender pair you made with your handsome mate, Baron blue...
Of course, we wish baron the best now, to find a loving, beautiful female and have other offsprings. He is still young - 15 years old.

But your beautiful face, magestic stature, huge wingspan, the way you cared and loved your babies and mate, are something we can not forget. We know that now, wherever you are, you will protect and love Baron future offsprings.

We love you, and we miss you, our beloved :rh: Smola Queen :rh:

In Memory of: PPO 1, Owlet from Pot Plant Owl nest Johannesburg, SA. +January 4. PPO 2 Owlet from Pot Plant Owl nest Johannesburg, SA. +January 6. Lady Mom Owl from Pot Plant Owl nest Johannesburg, SA. +January 10. Dad Spirit BE from Redding, Ca. MIA January 26. Great Black Hawk Portland Ma +January 30. B13 Eaglet from Berry College, Ga. +February 22. B12 Eaglet from Berry College, Ga. +February 25-26. DN10 Eaglet from Decorah North. +April 1 or 2. Stormy 14 Months old Bald eaglet from Big Bear Valley Cal. +April 6 at Ventura county Cal. Angel Eaglet from NCTC-Sheperdstown. +April 6 or 7. Cookie Eaglet from Big Bear Ca. +May 27. BHPE#1 & BHPE#2 Eaglets from Beacon Hill Park Eagles, Victoria, BC. +June between 20 to 24. Tuffy Hawklet from an eagle nest close to Redding Ca. +July 6 or 7. Dion Osplet from Audubon - Hog Island, Me. +July 25. Doe Bald eagle near Cranesville, Pa. +July 25. Rachel Mom Osprey from Audubon - Hog Island, Me. MIA September 03. Baroness Barefoot WTE from Smola - Norway. MIA September 29. WP Peace-up Osplet in Corte Madera, CA. +October 1. Doe Osprey in Charente - France. +October 6. Younger Falconet from Melbourne - AUS. +October 28.

2020 february 27
Last edited by Philjo56France on Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:05 am, edited 11 times in total.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:58 am

Your memorial for Baroness is outstanding Philjo. And...did you get me hooked on a nest I did not know? When time, I'll look at it. I also wish well to the new young lady and mate....life goes on.

They cannot stay forever, so they etch into our hearts.
Before the cameras we might not have known, and now we do....
A blessing that comes around to show us reliance, love, adoration and
persistence.

Along with that comes the knowledge of nothing lasting forever,
revel in it, roll in it like the dog does in the grass, smile,
knowing it is a season and that is reason enough to go and know it's....
wonderful.
carolyn
carolyn

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:12 am

Woodlands Bleu wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:58 am
Your memorial for Baroness is outstanding Philjo. And...did you get me hooked on a nest I did not know? When time, I'll look at it. I also wish well to the new young lady and mate....life goes on.

They cannot stay forever, so they etch into our hearts.
Before the cameras we might not have known, and now we do....
A blessing that comes around to show us reliance, love, adoration and
persistence.

Along with that comes the knowledge of nothing lasting forever,
revel in it, roll in it like the dog does in the grass, smile,
knowing it is a season and that is reason enough to go and know it's....
wonderful.
Carolyn
Merci Carolyn
Pascale was Following this nest and often during the 3 seasons she followed it, she sent me Pics and stories about what was happening in the nest...
And so as she said me what happened, i know Smola is one of her beloved nest and also the wte family from there too and so i asked her if she wanted i post a thread for the memory of majestic Baroness. All the texts and photos are from Pascale. I did nothing. i only posted it. Pascale will be happy to read your lovely words. Thanks again Carolyn. :huggie:
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:37 pm

thank you so much Philippe for posting this :rh: and thank you Carolyn for your very kind words :huggie:

Yes Smola is one of my favourite nests. I have also the honour to moderate their YouTube chat with lady hawk :rh:
I miss this beautiful female and we have to wait for what will happen next.
All scaps are courtesy of
http://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html
or by photographers / videographers credited in my message
In love with Harriett and M Family !

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:58 pm

Pascale and Philjo....I am so grateful my words could make a difference in your day. It's a joy to be able to see these birds and their lives unfold (along with their wings :))......

Wings unfolded, off for flight,
my oh my, what a sight!

We watch with rapture, seeing them go,
and wondering next when they will show.
carolyn
carolyn

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:16 pm

Rip 2019

+ November 5 - Sydney Olympic Park, AUS : Sea Eaglet SE23, the older one.

Two days after pushing a sigh of relief, we had finally found SE23 and for the first time after the fledge SE23 Joined all the Family near the river....
But today it is with his siblings, SE19 and SE22 that SE23 finds himself as his body was found lifeless.

Peace to your wonderful soul SE23. You did not deserve these criticisms caused by your behavior with your young sibling SE24 as now you have made her/him becoming stronger and s/he will have more luck in her/his life thanks to you.
Now they certainly regret it for sure but I too you can be sure of that.
You will fly with SE24 all her/his life long and you'll protect her/him as SE22 is doing for SE21.
Rest in peace my feathered friend. :dunno: :( :cry1: :cryhanky: :brknhrt:
space
https://www.facebook.com/Sea.EagleCAM/
SE230.jpg
Courtesy of DDuckies2
SE23.JPG
Courtesy of DDuckies2
SE233.JPG
Courtesy of DDuckies2
https://www.facebook.com/Sea.EagleCAM/

Update 2019-11-06 By Sea Eagle Cam Facebook page:
I have received a verbal report from Taronga Wildlife Hospital about our dead juvenile, which we presume is SE23. She had no injuries, and no sign of disease like Trichomoniasis or Beak and Feather Disease. She was however very thin with no substantial food in her stomach. So in spite of our hopes,
she was not apparently being fed sufficiently by her parents.
It is heartwarming though to see that her sibling SE24 is thriving down on the river with the adults.

In Memory of: PPO 1, Owlet from Pot Plant Owl nest Johannesburg, SA. +January 4. PPO 2 Owlet from Pot Plant Owl nest Johannesburg, SA. +January 6. Lady Mom Owl from Pot Plant Owl nest Johannesburg, SA. +January 10. Dad Spirit BE from Redding, Ca. MIA January 26. Great Black Hawk Portland Ma +January 30. B13 Eaglet from Berry College, Ga. +February 22. B12 Eaglet from Berry College, Ga. +February 25-26. DN10 Eaglet from Decorah North. +April 1 or 2. Stormy 14 Months old Bald eaglet from Big Bear Valley Cal. +April 6 at Ventura county Cal. Angel Eaglet from NCTC-Sheperdstown. +April 6 or 7. Cookie Eaglet from Big Bear Ca. +May 27. BHPE#1 & BHPE#2 Eaglets from Beacon Hill Park Eagles, Victoria, BC. +June between 20 to 24. Tuffy Hawklet from an eagle nest close to Redding Ca. +July 6 or 7. Dion Osplet from Audubon - Hog Island, Me. +July 25. Doe Bald eagle near Cranesville, Pa. +July 25. Rachel Mom Osprey from Audubon - Hog Island, Me. MIA September 03. Baroness Barefoot WTE from Smola - Norway. MIA September 29. WP Peace-up Osplet in Corte Madera, CA. +October 1. Doe Osprey in Charente - France. +October 6. Younger Falconet from Melbourne - AUS. +October 28. SE23 Sea Eaglet from Sydney - AUS. +November 5.

2020 January 12
Last edited by Philjo56France on Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:17 am

Rip 2019

MIA November 23 - Port-Lincoln, AUS : the 64 days old osplet Star, the younger of two.

Star was fledging/hovering during a strong wind period. Star made some maneuvers, landings and at a time we saw its shadow disapearing…. Nobody was able to see Star after the last passage it made.

Rest in peace wherever you are beautiful feathered thing. You didn't deserve what happened to you, so young :dunno: :( :cry1: :cryhanky: :brknhrt:
The last video at the date and time Star soared away :bye 1:
https://www.facebook.com/portlincolnosp ... 215583589/

https://www.facebook.com/portlincolnosprey/
3 pics from the video with Calypso it's sibling Inside the nest and Star enjoying her first and last fledge/hovering
2019-11-28_14h44_15.jpg
Star above Calypso
2019-11-28_14h46_03.jpg
the shadow of Star above the nest and Calypso
2019-11-28_14h47_39.jpg
The last hovering and last time insight moment of Star
https://www.facebook.com/portlincolnosprey/

Eagles, Ospreys, Falcons, Hawks, Owls, Raptors

In Memory of: PPO 1, Owlet from Pot Plant Owl nest Johannesburg, SA. +January 4. PPO 2 Owlet from Pot Plant Owl nest Johannesburg, SA. +January 6. Lady Mom Owl from Pot Plant Owl nest Johannesburg, SA. +January 10. Dad Spirit BE from Redding, Ca. MIA January 26. Great Black Hawk Portland Ma +January 30. B13 Eaglet from Berry College, Ga. +February 22. B12 Eaglet from Berry College, Ga. +February 25-26. DN10 Eaglet from Decorah North. +April 1 or 2. Stormy 14 Months old Bald eaglet from Big Bear Valley Cal. +April 6 at Ventura county Cal. Angel Eaglet from NCTC-Sheperdstown. +April 6 or 7. Cookie Eaglet from Big Bear Ca. +May 27. BHPE#1 & BHPE#2 Eaglets from Beacon Hill Park Eagles, Victoria, BC. +June between 20 to 24. Tuffy Hawklet from an eagle nest close to Redding Ca. +July 6 or 7. Dion Osplet from Audubon - Hog Island, Me. +July 25. Doe Bald eagle near Cranesville, Pa. +July 25. Rachel Mom Osprey from Audubon - Hog Island, Me. MIA September 03. Baroness Barefoot WTE from Smola - Norway. MIA September 29. WP Peace-up Osplet in Corte Madera, CA. +October 1. Doe Osprey in Charente - France. +October 6. Younger Falconet from Melbourne - AUS. +October 28. SE23 Sea Eaglet from Sydney - AUS. +November 5. Star Osplet from Port-Lincoln - AUS. MIA November 23.

2020 January 12
Last edited by Philjo56France on Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:06 am, edited 8 times in total.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:55 am

Rip 2019

MIA November 17-25 - Orange, AUS : the 42 to 52 days old female falconet Gaia, the older of two.

Gaia, last time seen nov 17 and may be last time heard nov 25. She was a young fledger (Nov 16) the last pics where we saw her (nov 17) when she joins her young sibling, Pluto a male who flew some days before her.
On the ground the Orange's team made numerous searches but nothing was found.

Rest in peace wherever you are Gaia. Like all other young feathered thing before you, you didn't deserve what happened to you. :dunno: :( :cry1: :brknhrt:

:ty: to Holly Parson for the video she made covering the short life of Gaia…

16.Nov.2019 - Gaia's Fledge Day - Orange, Australia Peregrines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfQ5tKIZ0lM
Gaia fledged early this morning, hooray! But it is sad to see her leave the scrape... 💔 This video includes still photos of her development, as we celebrate her graduation.

All the pics are from Holly's video
2019-12-11_10h23_40.jpg
One of Gaia first meal. © Holly Parsons's video
2019-12-11_10h24_34.jpg
Gaia. © Holly Parsons's video
2019-12-11_10h23_55.jpg
Gaia. © Holly Parsons's video
space

In Memory of: PPO 1, Owlet from Pot Plant Owl nest Johannesburg, SA. +January 4. PPO 2 Owlet from Pot Plant Owl nest Johannesburg, SA. +January 6. Lady Mom Owl from Pot Plant Owl nest Johannesburg, SA. +January 10. Dad Spirit BE from Redding, Ca. MIA January 26. Great Black Hawk Portland Ma +January 30. B13 Eaglet from Berry College, Ga. +February 22. B12 Eaglet from Berry College, Ga. +February 25-26. DN10 Eaglet from Decorah North. +April 1 or 2. Stormy 14 Months old Bald eaglet from Big Bear Valley Cal. +April 6 at Ventura county Cal. Angel Eaglet from NCTC-Sheperdstown. +April 6 or 7. Cookie Eaglet from Big Bear Ca. +May 27. BHPE#1 & BHPE#2 Eaglets from Beacon Hill Park Eagles, Victoria, BC. +June between 20 to 24. Tuffy Hawklet from an eagle nest close to Redding Ca. +July 6 or 7. Dion Osplet from Audubon - Hog Island, Me. +July 25. Doe Bald eagle near Cranesville, Pa. +July 25. Rachel Mom Osprey from Audubon - Hog Island, Me. MIA September 03. Baroness Barefoot WTE from Smola - Norway. MIA September 29. WP Peace-up Osplet in Corte Madera, CA. +October 1. Doe Osprey in Charente - France. +October 6. Younger Falconet from Melbourne - AUS. +October 28. SE23 Sea Eaglet from Sydney - AUS. +November 5. Star Osplet from Port-Lincoln - AUS. MIA November 23. Gaia Female falconet from Orange - AUS. MIA November 17-25.

2020 January 12
Last edited by Philjo56France on Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:07 am, edited 6 times in total.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:53 am

Rip 2019

MIA November 17-25 - Orange, AUS : the 42 to 52 days old female falconet Gaia, the older of two.
cont.

16.Nov.2019 - Gaia's Fledge Day - Orange, Australia Peregrines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfQ5tKIZ0lM
Gaia fledged early this morning, hooray! But it is sad to see her leave the scrape... 💔 This video includes still photos of her development, as we celebrate her graduation.

the two first pics are from Holly's video, The last one is the last photo of Gaia taken by Cilla Kinross. :ty: Cilla and Holly :huggie:
2019-12-11_10h26_27.jpg
Nov 16. Gaia just before her fledge © Holly Parsons's video
2019-12-11_10h23_24.jpg
Nov 16. Gaia is fledging © Holly Parsons's video
2019-12-06_07h47_11.jpg
Nov 17. Pluto (left) and Gaia (right) © Cilla Kinross

Another video by Holly Parsons

25.Nov.2019 - Gaia calls, Pluto answers - Orange, Australia Peregrines
Listen closely to catch Gaia calling in the distance. Pluto hears her while he is near the rocks, and then goes to the ledge. He calls out and looks up toward the roof. Perhaps she was roosting up there? Gaia hasn't returned to the nest box since she fledged, so it is good to hear that she is still around!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlu_BRSJ7BM

And some links covering this nest
http://www.gumtreecs.com.au/wordpress/
Orange live nest cam: https://youtu.be/8MUZP3HZCEk
Orange live ledge cam: https://youtu.be/XegnnFZbHSE
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2457177544363796/

Rest in peace wherever you are Gaia. Like all other young feathered little things before you, you didn't deserve what happened to you. :dunno: :( :cry1: :brknhrt:

In Memory of: PPO 1, Owlet from Pot Plant Owl nest Johannesburg, SA. +January 4. PPO 2 Owlet from Pot Plant Owl nest Johannesburg, SA. +January 6. Lady Mom Owl from Pot Plant Owl nest Johannesburg, SA. +January 10. Dad Spirit BE from Redding, Ca. MIA January 26. Great Black Hawk Portland Ma +January 30. B13 Eaglet from Berry College, Ga. +February 22. B12 Eaglet from Berry College, Ga. +February 25-26. DN10 Eaglet from Decorah North. +April 1 or 2. Stormy 14 Months old Bald eaglet from Big Bear Valley Cal. +April 6 at Ventura county Cal. Angel Eaglet from NCTC-Sheperdstown. +April 6 or 7. Cookie Eaglet from Big Bear Ca. +May 27. BHPE#1 & BHPE#2 Eaglets from Beacon Hill Park Eagles, Victoria, BC. +June between 20 to 24. Tuffy Hawklet from an eagle nest close to Redding Ca. +July 6 or 7. Dion Osplet from Audubon - Hog Island, Me. +July 25. Doe Bald eagle near Cranesville, Pa. +July 25. Rachel Mom Osprey from Audubon - Hog Island, Me. MIA September 03. Baroness Barefoot WTE from Smola - Norway. MIA September 29. WP Peace-up Osplet in Corte Madera, CA. +October 1. Doe Osprey in Charente - France. +October 6. Younger Falconet from Melbourne - AUS. +October 28. SE23 Sea Eaglet from Sydney - AUS. +November 5. Star Osplet from Port-Lincoln - AUS. MIA November 23. Gaia Female falconet from Orange - AUS. MIA November 17-25.

2020 December 12
Last edited by Philjo56France on Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:09 am, edited 8 times in total.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”