In Memoriam

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

Philjo56France

Re: In Memoriam

Post by Philjo56France » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:38 am

I was on the way to do it Judy, searching for good pics but as the cam is very far from the nest it was not easy for me to find a good one... I will use your...

a couple of days ago, i was so sad to read these messages in the White Rock HWF nest :

06-14-2022
Lynne 13:30 - Mom in with fresh fish and meal service 13h35 - flies off from south trunk
It seems to be the last visit of an adult in the nest

06-15-2022
Amyklai
6.44a It does not look good, can anyone check on this from the ground? :(
7.30a It does not look good, :(
7.41a one is possibly dead, i think we lost the nest :cry1: :cryhanky:

Rip 2022

June 14 - White Rock Nest, BC : Bald Eaglets Sierra & Tango 6.5 weeks old.

text by JudyB,

With heavy heart I am here to ask that you add eaglets Sierra and Tango from our Hancock Wildlife Foundation White Rock nest to the list of eagles lost this year.

The White Rock pair built a new nest this winter and spring, fortunately visible from our cams, but at a distance and with an obstructed view. Mom and Dad White Rock laid at least two eggs, and after the usual time, we saw two tiny eaglets peek out (we think they both hatched on April 29, one very early and the other in the late afternoon). Eaglets at this nest are named from the aviation alphabet, so they became Sierra and Tango. And everything was going wonderfully until a few days ago, when they became less active – and then, on June 14, they died; they were 6-1/2 weeks old.

We suspect avian flu, which means the adults are still at risk – though it could have been a contaminant or poison in something they ate. As of June 17, both adult look healthy and are doing the usual things eagles do. We are trying to arrange for a climber to recover the bodies for testing, but unfortunately demand for climbers is very high right now, so we don’t know if that will happen. We were so happy that at least one of our nests had little chicks – and now they are gone. We are hoping that Mom and Dad will survive, and that 2023 will be a much better year.

Our thread for them is here - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=589&start=3600

Rest in peace, beautiful young eagles, and fly free forever, far beyond the sky. :brknhrt:

Here's a picture of the White Rock family in happier times, screenshot from June 8 by forum member Lynne. Eaglets Sierra and Tango are partly hidden - one is on the left of the central branch, and the other is visible through the branches on the right, while Mom and Dad sound an alarm.
2022-06-18_09h59_33.jpg
06-08-2022 by Lynne
2022-06-17_14h21_09.jpg
06-15-2022 their soul is already gone. No one on this side can wake them up. RIP Tango & Sierra. Pic by Amiklay.

testimonials:

- 06-15 1st witness, 6.44a It does not look good, can anyone check on this from the ground? 7.30a it dosen't look good. 7.41a one is possibly dead, i think we lost the nest - both Lets are dead , :brknhrt: Amyklai
- :cry1: Lynne
- :brknhrt: What sad news - they had been doing so well, and getting so big. :cry1:
DDuckies2, Amyklai, Lynne and all who post here - thank you so much for the great coverage during the six happy weeks we watched them growing, and thanks for your coverage now. :grhug: JudyB
- This is heartbreaking 😢 Did something happen overnight? Curious why mom and dad were spending time on the old nest recently…. Maybe they knew something was wrong? All unknown questions I suppose…. CTT
- I'm so very sorry to see this devastating news :brknhrt: My heart goes out to all of you who have been here every day, documenting the activities of the WR eagles :cry1: Sassyk
- Oh this is such sad news. I am very sorry and my thoughts are with all of you who have been documenting and following Mom and Dad as they worked to raise their young ones. :brknhrt: Sandy_W
- Those poor babies :cry1: ... so sad to hear this heartbreaking news :brknhrt: My heart goes out to you all at the WR nest. Since the cause of death is not know, hope the parents turn out to be okay. RoseA
- So sad to hear of this...............it unfortunately is the reality or possibility of what can happen with nature. Hugs to all who follow this nest. Jean
- :cry1: Enchantedeagles
- So sorry to all . Heart breaking . :cry1: :brknhrt: :brknhrt: :grhug: Heather L
- I really don't know what to say , It is :brknhrt: .. Sorry to all who posted here. :( :cry1: :grhug: IrishEyes
- I am so sorry to hear this awful news. :brknhrt: Hugs to all who monitor this nest daily. I hope Mom and Dad remain healthy. Maybe David H. will retrieve the eaglets for necropsy and get some answers for everyone. :grhug: Kitcat11848
- I'm so sorry White Rock friends. :brknhrt: :brknhrt: CC398
- Don't know what to say. Absolutely heart broken over this. :brknhrt: :cry1: I pray Mom and Dad will be ok. :grhug: Ondabebe
- :cry1: Just a quick comment to commend all the observers for carrying on their work after the disappointment of losing both of this years eaglets so suddenly. I really appreciate your work and am sad that we won't celebrate a fledging this year. Thanks for all that you do. Tweety
- The death of the two eaglets is just the saddest thing. I’m sure the parents are feeling a little lost too. :( Abi2

Finally, these 2 Sierra and Tango took off their feathered coat and their souls flew up to the heavens.🙏😢💔 Rip Sierra and Tango. :cry1:

One more time this season, 2 wondeful little Angels had flown to the other side... :( :cry1: :brknhrt: :cryhanky:

I'm so sad for you little little Sierra and Tango. 🙏 :brknhrt: :cryhanky:

You also have a special place in our heart forever... :rh:

Eagles, Ospreys, Falcons, Hawks, Owls, Condors, Raptors and Others

In Memory of:

RIP 21 birds, (3 adult and 18 youngs).
R3, Bald Eaglet from Zoo Miami, Fla. †January 06.--- Artemis, aka #915 youn condor from the Big Sur's flock; Ca. †January tbdl.--- Osceola, 41 yo Educational Ambassador for AEF. † February 06.--- HH3 & HH4, 2 months old bald eaglets from Hilton Head Island, SC. † February 27 & 28.--- DH16, 18 days old bald eaglet from Dale Hollow, Kentucky-Tennessee state line. † March 18.--- DC8, a less than one day old tiny bald eaglet from National Arboretum, Washington, DC. † March 26.--- PFC4, the 11 to 14 do Lisa and Oliver's 4th and younger eaglet. From Pennsylvania Farm Country . † April 5/6.--- DH8, DH9, DH10, the Denton Homes Nest 13, 11 and 7 do Bald Eaglets. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † April 23.--- G#2, a less than 24h old Gosling. From Mom and DM2's unused nest in Decorah, Iowa. † April 28.--- Dad DNR, Bald Eagle, E1 and †E2's father From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 26.--- E2, a 36 do Bald Eaglet From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 30.--- Dad DH, Bald Eagle, the DH8, DH9 and DH10's father. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † May 02.--- FSV45, a 42 do Bald Eaglet killled by a raccoon, the FSV46 older sibling. From Fort St Vrain, Colorado. † May 23.--- Sierra, Tango, Bald Eaglets from White Rock, BC. +June 14.--- Cowl3, Cowl2, Cowl1, Osplets from Cowlitz County, WA. +June 15, +June 16, +June 16.---

MIA 1 bird, (1 adult and 0 young).
Trooper, Bald Eagle, Dad from Delta2 Eagle nest, Britich Columbia. MIA February 8.---

Unhatched Eggs: (10)
CIe#1 & CIe#2 non-viable (2/2) at Captiva Island. ECe#1 & ECe#2 non viable (2/2) at Eagle Country. BCe#2 at Berry College (1/2). Re#3 broken at Redding (1/3), BBe#2 non viable (1/2) at Big Bear. goslingEgg#1 pip but unhatched at Decorah. HMe#1 & HMe#2 Non viable cause by intruder presence, missing Dad Duffer a long time and Lady Dimple needed to let the eggs alone for her own survival.

Without Past, there is no Future !

To all of you, Fly Free, Fly High with always a full Crop and don't forget all of you,
You will never be alone, You will live for the Eternity in our Heart.

2022 June 18.
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:16 am

Mia 2021

Mia 2021 November 12, Surrey Reserve, BC : Bald Eagle Sur Surrey Reserve Dad
and
Mia 2021 December 23, Surrey Reserve, BC : Bald Eagle Res Surrey Reserve Mom
the parents of Dee and Ess (2019), Thor and Loki (2020), Tiku and Tucca (2021).

The first time we saw Sur and Res together, October 23, 2018, 7:32 am, shortly after the cam had been installed (s'cap by JudyB)

Mom Res, November 6, 2021, looking fierce and beautiful (s'cap by CC398)

Dad Sur, November 11, 2021; one of the last times we saw him on the nest (s'cap by CC398)

text by JudyB,

This is the fourth nesting season that we’ve had a camera at Surrey Reserve – and the beginning of the season was sad and stressful for those of us who had been watching since the cam was installed. Dad Sur was involved in a series of skirmishes with a younger male in mid-November and was not seen after that. Mom Res and the new male spent time at the nest afterwards, and did a bit of work on the nest – but Res flew off on December 23 and never returned ( :luck: I like happy endings, so I’m choosing to believe that Sur flew by in the distance for a final farewell to the nest, and Res saw him and considered the challenges involved in training a new mate who tended to steal her food – and said “wait for me!” – and they flew off happily into the sunset; probably not likely – but maybe… :luck: ).

Fly high and freely with always a full crop Res and Sur. :rh:

Res and Sur, you also have a special place in our heart forever... :rh:

In Memory of:

R3, Bald Eaglet from Zoo Miami, Fla. †January 06.--- Artemis, aka #915 youn condor from the Big Sur's flock; Ca. †January tbdl.--- Osceola, 41 yo Educational Ambassador for AEF. † February 06.--- HH3 & HH4, 2 months old bald eaglets from Hilton Head Island, SC. † February 27 & 28.--- DH16, 18 days old bald eaglet from Dale Hollow, Kentucky-Tennessee state line. † March 18.--- DC8, a less than one day old tiny bald eaglet from National Arboretum, Washington, DC. † March 26.--- PFC4, the 11 to 14 do Lisa and Oliver's 4th and younger eaglet. From Pennsylvania Farm Country . † April 5/6.--- DH8, DH9, DH10, the Denton Homes Nest 13, 11 and 7 do Bald Eaglets. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † April 23.--- G#2, a less than 24h old Gosling. From Mom and DM2's unused nest in Decorah, Iowa. † April 28.--- Dad DNR, Bald Eagle, E1 and †E2's father From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 26.--- E2, a 36 do Bald Eaglet From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 30.--- Dad DH, Bald Eagle, the DH8, DH9 and DH10's father. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † May 02.--- FSV45, a 42 do Bald Eaglet killled by a raccoon, the FSV46 older sibling. From Fort St Vrain, Colorado. † May 23.--- Sierra, Tango, Bald Eaglets from White Rock, BC. +June 14.--- Cowl3, Cowl2, Cowl1, Osplets from Cowlitz County, WA. +June 15, +June 16, +June 16.---

MIA 3 bird, (3 adult and 0 young).
Sur, Bald Eagle, Dad from Surrey Reserve, British Columbia. 2021 November 12.--- Res, Bald Eagle, Mom from Surrey Reserve, British Columbia. 2021 December 23. (these two previous will be reported in the last 2021 post.)--- Trooper, Bald Eagle, Dad from Delta2 Eagle nest, British Columbia. February 8.---

CIe#1 & CIe#2 non-viable (2/2) at Captiva Island. ECe#1 & ECe#2 non viable (2/2) at Eagle Country. BCe#2 at Berry College (1/2). Re#3 broken at Redding (1/3), BBe#2 non viable (1/2) at Big Bear. goslingEgg#1 pip but unhatched at Decorah. HMe#1 & HMe#2 Non viable cause by intruder presence, missing Dad Duffer a long time and Lady Dimple needed to let the eggs alone for her own survival.

To all of you, Fly Free, Fly High with always a full Crop and don't forget all of you,

2022 June 20.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:04 am

Rip & Mia 2022

May 28 - from Jõgeva County in Estonia : Black Storklet BS#6 2 do Janika and Jan's younger storklet.

Mia June 1st - from Jõgeva County in Estonia : Black Stork Jan Black Stork Dad, Janika's mate and father of 6 (3† + 3 still alive) black storklets. Last year (2021) his 4 storklets died, 1 in the nest, 2 before migration & one during migration.

June 3 - from Jõgeva County in Estonia : Black Storklet BS#5 10 do Janika and Jan's young.

June 5 - from Jõgeva County in Estonia : Black Storklet BS#4 14 do Janika and Jan's young.

related to the black storklet nest i followed last year...
viewtopic.php?p=485815#p485815 - viewtopic.php?p=497400#p497400 - viewtopic.php?p=497723#p497723 -
viewtopic.php?p=510204#p510204

From https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do5wJsjJGgU
2022 season
Hatching: 1st, 2nd and 3rd chick - 22 May, 4th chick - 23 May (died 5 June), 5th chick - 24 May (died 3 June) and 6th chick 26 May (died 28 May). For the 2 youngers as usually do the storks when there is a lack of food, Janika the female made the selection, choosing the two youngers of course the less developed. Jan the Male went missing on 1st of June, Janika the female couldn't care for the chicks alone. For the 4 survivors, their last night in the nest Janika let them alone in the nest (cold and not so much food) that was too much for the younger who died a couple of minutes before the arrival of rescuers. The last chicks were taken to veterinary clinic on June 5th. The chicks will later be rehabilitate into the wild.

It was the last day for BS#6 :cry1:
2022-06-11_09h31_24.jpg
Dad Jan and his storklets, #6 the left one, #4 & #5 the two right one.
Even if #4 died a couple of minutes before the arrival the rescuer, it was already hours too late for it... :cry1:
2022-06-05_14h04_47.jpg
rip little #4
The survivors, a live pic from now 06-2, proof that when humans want to take the trouble, all hope is not lost. :luck:
2022-06-24_15h01_21.jpg
BS#1, BS#2 & BS#3
†BS#4, BS#5, BS#6†, like little Angels, unzipped their feathered down coats and their souls flew away to the Heavens. They, i'm sure, were welcome by many of their four 2021 older †siblings†... Now you are flying among the stars, Marvellous little Black Stroklet.

BS #4, #5, #6 and of course Jan you also have a special place in our heart forever... :rh:
Fly high and freely and protect your siblings who will have to go later for a hard and long journey. :rh:
BS #4, #5, #6, I hope you didn't suffer too much. Now you are a free soaring black Storklet with a full crop forever. 😢🙏

In Memory of:

R3, Bald Eaglet from Zoo Miami, Fla. †January 06.--- Artemis, aka #915 youn condor from the Big Sur's flock; Ca. †January tbdl.--- Osceola, 41 yo Educational Ambassador for AEF. † February 06.--- HH3 & HH4, 2 months old bald eaglets from Hilton Head Island, SC. † February 27 & 28.--- DH16, 18 days old bald eaglet from Dale Hollow, Kentucky-Tennessee state line. † March 18.--- DC8, a less than one day old tiny bald eaglet from National Arboretum, Washington, DC. † March 26.--- PFC4, the 11 to 14 do Lisa and Oliver's 4th and younger eaglet. From Pennsylvania Farm Country . † April 5/6.--- DH8, DH9, DH10, the Denton Homes Nest 13, 11 and 7 do Bald Eaglets. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † April 23.--- G#2, a less than 24h old Gosling. From Mom and DM2's unused nest in Decorah, Iowa. † April 28.--- Dad DNR, Bald Eagle, E1 and †E2's father From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 26.--- E2, a 36 do Bald Eaglet From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 30.--- Dad DH, Bald Eagle, the DH8, DH9 and DH10's father. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † May 02.--- FSV45, a 42 do Bald Eaglet killled by a raccoon, the FSV46 older sibling. From Fort St Vrain, Colorado. † May 23.--- BS#6, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. +May 28.--- BS#5, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. +June 3.--- BS#4, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. +June 5.--- Sierra, Tango, Bald Eaglets from White Rock, BC. +June 14.--- Cowl3, Cowl2, Cowl1, Osplets from Cowlitz County, WA. +June 15, +June 16, +June 16.---

Sur, Bald Eagle, Dad from Surrey Reserve, British Columbia. 2021 November 12.--- Res, Bald Eagle, Mom from Surrey Reserve, British Columbia. 2021 December 23. (these two previous will be reported in the last 2021 post.)--- Trooper, Bald Eagle, Dad from Delta2 Eagle nest, British Columbia. February 8.--- Jan, Black Stork, Dad from Jõgeva County in Estonia. +June 5.---

2022 June 24.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:14 am

Rip 2022

June 29 - from Jõgeva County in Estonia : Black Storklet BS#3 37 do Janika and Jan's 3rd storklet.

viewtopic.php?p=485815#p485815 - viewtopic.php?p=497400#p497400 - viewtopic.php?p=497723#p497723 -

From Jo UK, https://looduskalender.ee/forum/viewtop ... c9#p866292
"From Urmas.
Sorry to bring some sad news.
This morning, Dr. Madis found that the smallest chick had fallen from the nest and had a very badly broken wing. The break was too complicated and severe to benefit from a surgical repair. Sadly, now there are two chicks..."

From Urma https://looduskalender.ee/forum/viewtop ... c9#p866308
"At night I brought back the chick to the outdoor nest in vet clinic. That is actually the same nest you watched, we moved it in whole from indoor isolator box outside. So the chicks knew the nest nearly 20 days already. If placed back the chick which travelled, I added some fish to the nest. As it was in darkness, they did not see the fish, but probably noticed the food in morning. It is speculation, but there had to be some accident in early morning. Maybe they started to fight for fish and smallest appeared in wrong position. It is only about 1m from ground, but for quite fat juvenile it could be too high, if to fall to the side, with opened wing... Nobody could enter there simply so to disturb the chicks, so it is not easily understandable accident, with that serious injury.
Today there will be another attempt to add fourth chick in natural nest."

Pics From https://video.emu.ee/otsevideo-musta-to ... kliinikus/ at the time it worked
On all pics, BS#3 the little one is each time at the left side of the pics
2022-06-30_08h23_01.jpg
2022-06-30_10h28_07.jpg
2022-06-30_10h28_46.jpg

2022 season
Hatching: 1st, 2nd and 3rd chick - 22 May, 4th chick - 23 May (died 5 June), 5th chick - 24 May (died 3 June) and 6th chick 26 May (died 28 May). For the 2 youngers as usually do the storks when there is a lack of food, Janika the female made the selection, choosing the two youngers of course the less developed. Jan the Male went missing on 1st of June, Janika the female couldn't care for the chicks alone. For the 4 survivors, their last night in the nest Janika let them alone in the nest (cold and not so much food) that was too much for the younger who died a couple of minutes before the arrival of rescuers. The last chicks were taken to veterinary clinic on June 5th. The chicks will later be rehabilitate into the wild. BS#3 died 06-29 (euthanasied). BS#1 is in a wild nest 06-30 with 3 new siblings and Karl II and Kaia its new parents... No news yet from BS#2.

†BS#3, like a little Angel, unzipped its feathered down coat and its soul flew away to the Heavens. It, i'm sure, was welcome by all of its four 2021 older †siblings† joined by BS#4, BS#5 and BS#6 its 2022 siblings... Now you are flying among the stars, marvellous little Black Storklet. :bye 1: :luck: :rh:
†BS#3 of course you also have a special place in our heart forever... :rh:
Fly high and freely and protect your 2 last siblings who will have to go later for a hard and long journey. :rh:
†BS#3, i hope you didn't suffer too much. Now you are a free soaring black Storklet with a full crop forever. 😢🙏

In Memory of:

RIP 22 birds, (3 adult and 19 youngs).
R3, Bald Eaglet from Zoo Miami, Fla. †January 06.--- Artemis, aka #915 youn condor from the Big Sur's flock; Ca. †January tbdl.--- Osceola, 41 yo Educational Ambassador for AEF. † February 06.--- HH3 & HH4, 2 months old bald eaglets from Hilton Head Island, SC. † February 27 & 28.--- DH16, 18 days old bald eaglet from Dale Hollow, Kentucky-Tennessee state line. † March 18.--- DC8, a less than one day old tiny bald eaglet from National Arboretum, Washington, DC. † March 26.--- PFC4, the 11 to 14 do Lisa and Oliver's 4th and younger eaglet. From Pennsylvania Farm Country . † April 5/6.--- DH8, DH9, DH10, the Denton Homes Nest 13, 11 and 7 do Bald Eaglets. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † April 23.--- G#2, a less than 24h old Gosling. From Mom and DM2's unused nest in Decorah, Iowa. † April 28.--- Dad DNR, Bald Eagle, E1 and †E2's father From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 26.--- E2, a 36 do Bald Eaglet From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 30.--- Dad DH, Bald Eagle, the DH8, DH9 and DH10's father. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † May 02.--- FSV45, a 42 do Bald Eaglet killled by a raccoon, the FSV46 older sibling. From Fort St Vrain, Colorado. † May 23.--- BS#6, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †May 28.--- BS#5, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 3.--- BS#4, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 5.--- Sierra, Tango, Bald Eaglets from White Rock, BC. †June 14.--- Cowl3, Cowl2, Cowl1, Osplets from Cowlitz County, WA. †June 15, +June 16, †June 16.--- BS#3, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 29.---

Sur, Bald Eagle, Dad from Surrey Reserve, British Columbia. 2021 November 12.--- Res, Bald Eagle, Mom from Surrey Reserve, British Columbia. 2021 December 23. (these two previous will be reported in the last 2021 post.)--- Trooper, Bald Eagle, Dad from Delta2 Eagle nest, British Columbia. February 8.--- Jan, Black Stork, Dad from Jõgeva County in Estonia. +June 5.---

2022 June 30.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Maddy
Topic Assistant

Post by Maddy » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:36 pm

Thank you, Philippe, for the sad updates... :(
I know Urmas is always trying to do his best.
Good luck for 2 chicks. :luck: :luck:
E9 is 7 yo now

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:50 am

Rip 2022

June 28 - from Roberts Bay Eagles, Sidney BC. Bald Eaglet RB-E#1

Sassyk reported these bad news viewtopic.php?p=589382#p589382 :( :cry1:
sassyk wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:21 am

I was alerted to a distressing situation at the nest site yesterday. The eaglet fell from the nest and was taken to BCSPCA WildArc facility in Metchosin for assessment.
Link to the article in the Peninsula News here
I will post an update when I know more :luck:
sassyk wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:53 pm

I received some very sad news yesterday regarding the eaglet. After being assessed by the staff at the BCSPCA WildARC facility in Metchosin, it was determined the eaglet was very thin and malnourished. The staff thought it was best to euthanise the eaglet :cry1:
https://www.vancouverislandfreedaily.co ... ptBjvfj6ig
2022-07-04_10h27_03.jpg
©Sassyk 06-08-2022
2022-07-04_10h27_27.jpg
©Sassyk 06-08-2022

June 24-29 - from Royal Roads Eagles, Colwood, Cottonwood Lane nest, BC. Bald Eaglet CWL#x one of the 3 eaglets

Sassyk reported also this bad news viewtopic.php?p=594082#p594082 :( :cry1:
I received some very sad news yesterday that one of the eaglets from the Cottonwood nest that was banded by the Ministry crew was found dead on the Hatley Park property. It appeared to be in an advanced state of decomposition, but no cause of death was given :cry1:

No photo.

†RB#1 & †CWL#x, like little Angels, unzipped their feathered down coats and their souls flew away to the Heavens. Now you are flying among the stars, marvellous little Bald Eaglets. :bye 1: :luck: :rh:
†RB#1 & †CWL#x Of course you also have a special place in our heart forever... :rh:
Fly high and freely :rh:
†RB#1 & †CWL#x, i hope you didn't suffer too much. Now you are two free soaring Bald eaglets with a full crop forever. 😢🙏

In Memory of:

RIP 24 birds, (3 adult and 21 youngs).
R3, Bald Eaglet from Zoo Miami, Fla. †January 06.--- Artemis, aka #915 youn condor from the Big Sur's flock; Ca. †January tbdl.--- Osceola, 41 yo Educational Ambassador for AEF. † February 06.--- HH3 & HH4, 2 months old bald eaglets from Hilton Head Island, SC. † February 27 & 28.--- DH16, 18 days old bald eaglet from Dale Hollow, Kentucky-Tennessee state line. † March 18.--- DC8, a less than one day old tiny bald eaglet from National Arboretum, Washington, DC. † March 26.--- PFC4, the 11 to 14 do Lisa and Oliver's 4th and younger eaglet. From Pennsylvania Farm Country . † April 5/6.--- DH8, DH9, DH10, the Denton Homes Nest 13, 11 and 7 do Bald Eaglets. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † April 23.--- G#2, a less than 24h old Gosling. From Mom and DM2's unused nest in Decorah, Iowa. † April 28.--- Dad DNR, Bald Eagle, E1 and †E2's father From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 26.--- E2, a 36 do Bald Eaglet From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 30.--- Dad DH, Bald Eagle, the DH8, DH9 and DH10's father. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † May 02.--- FSV45, a 42 do Bald Eaglet killled by a raccoon, the FSV46 older sibling. From Fort St Vrain, Colorado. † May 23.--- BS#6, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †May 28.--- BS#5, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 3.--- BS#4, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 5.--- Sierra, Tango, Bald Eaglets from White Rock, BC. †June 14.--- Cowl3, Cowl2, Cowl1, Osplets from Cowlitz County, WA. †June 15, +June 16, †June 16.--- RB#1, Bald Eaglet from Robert Bay, Sydney-BC. †June 28.--- CWL#x, Bald Eaglet from Royal Roads Eagles, Colwood, CottonWood Lane BC. †June 24-29?.--- BS#3, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 29.---

2022 June 30.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:04 am

Rip 2022

July 18, 17h02-19h43 - from Gabriola Island, Bald Eaglet Junior the sibling of the famous hawklet Malala.
~ April 23rd 2022 - July 18th 2022

When i posted my last pics of Malala and Junior together on an upper branch of the nest tree 2 days ago around 17h02 viewtopic.php?p=598989#p598989
I was far from imagining that 2 hours later, Junior would have left us... :cryhanky:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3026894 ... ?ref=share GROWLS Eagle Nest Cam (Gabriola Rescue Of Wildlife Society)

The eaglet Junior, the sibling of the hawklet Malala is no more :brknhrt: :( :cry1: :cryhanky:
Yesterday (07-18-2022) during one of its flights, it encountered an electric wire and its soul immediately flew away...
Malala is now alone with its parents and like them will be protected all its life by the Spirit of Junior.

2022-07-21_09h00_06.jpg
©Sharron Palmer-Hunt - Gabriola Rescue Of Wildlife Society
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nJniKGg0Ls video by Sharron Palmer-Hunt

Junior
2022-07-21_08h45_54RavenRayne.jpg
©Raven Rayne - Gabriola Rescue Of Wildlife Society

Video by Ondabebe
2022-07-21_09h24_14.jpg
©Ondabebe - Gabriola Rescue Of Wildlife Society
For those that do not know, Junior was electrocuted on a hydro electric wire and has passed away. I didn't follow the Growls Nest until Malala came. I didn't even know about the Cam but I have put a short video in memory of such a sweet eaglet/fledgling that took it in its heart to love a sibling that was so different. You were special Junior and we all loved you for it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzQmF7jFNJQ

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3026894 ... ?ref=share GROWLS Eagle Nest Cam (Gabriola Rescue Of Wildlife Society)
Post from Sharron Palmer-Hunt with comments from Pam McCartney
"Pam and I are sad to report that we think Junior was electrocuted on a hydro electric wire. We have not seen him since 7 pm July 18th. Pam was called out on a rescue GROWLS call which she will describe in further detail below this message. We are heart broken and my heart goes out to not only the eagle family but to Pam herself who had to face the horrific incident. I recognize that we will all be heart broken and I understand you will want to vent on this website. Please post as many “respectful” comments as you want but recognize that due to the over 4000 members that Pam and I will not be able to address any questions. Hoping we can keep the cam up for awhile longer to ensure that Malala is okay. This is out of our hands and will be a GROWLS Board decision. Strange thing is .. Malala hasn’t been around either. 💞💞💞😢" (written yesterday evening...Malala has been seen today)
Pam here...my GROWLS report from Monday July 18, 2022.
At 7:36 pm I received a call that there was a dead juvenile eagle on (address hidden for privacy). I asked her to make sure to not touch the body in the event of avian flu. She said she was also worried about that but was going to wait for me to arrive. I told her I would be right over as it is just up the street from me and she is also a neighbour of mine. My first thought was "Junior". 🙁 When I arrived, she was with the eagle and had already figured out he was electrocuted. Lying lifeless under the hydro wires,
under a small transformer and with the noticeable exit burn under his wing. The moment I saw that sweet young eagle I knew it was our Eaglet…that gorgeous being we continuously watched as an egg,
The first day we saw the little wobbly fuzzy head, then a second fuzzy head which the parents stopped feeding and eaglet picked on, that eventual death was incredibly heartbreaking to me, all of it, so many of invested in this family at that time...I stopped watching for a week as it was just to hard to accept that nature has it's own agenda. I got sick and was laid up in bed and you were on my mind so I got back into watching your sweet litle life...then came the live food in to the nest. Oh I couldn't watch what was happening but couldn't stop watching. My heart raced, I yelled out at momma, I was so fearful you would do what you are naturally made to do and take that little fuzzy bobble head down, but you didn't. You accepted her nuzzle into your bigger feathered side and you loved it. You loved her Junior from the very beginning, I felt it. Then momma fell in love and shortly thereafter dad. You four made the sweetest blended family and I was overjoyed to witness this most magical (to us) event unfold right in front of our eyes. How lucky for us...what a gift. Grateful for every moment that I had with you. I am so sorry that you were the reminder of how negative human impact affects the wild in the most tragic ways. I am sorry that your beautiful life was taken so needlessly just as you were learning to fly free...it's so unfair.
I am so so so so sorry. 💔
We are all so very devastated by this, there literally are no words to describe how awful we feel. The GROWLS board has already been in touch with BC Hydro about the wires near the nests as we have lost a fledged eagle from that very nest a few years ago. The day that David Hancock and Christian Sasse were here was the same day that a person from Hydro was there to check out the situation. The wires where Junior got electrocuted are up the road from that one. Obviously there must be changes made to these systems if we are having Eagles, a protected bird species die on us. I wonder how many birds all over the world die in a day due to electrical wires. This is so upsetting to me.
I apologize for getting so personal and sharing my frustration with a human system that impacts our wildlife on the daily...for our "creature" comforts. Ugh. Bring me back to Little House on the Prairie...for real. Back to a time when as humanity, we co-existed with nature. We respected nature and let it live just as they let us live. It seems these days we pay no attention to the wild as we destroy habitat by clear cutting trees, removing forests, clearing the mossy under brush, trim our lawns, use insecticides and rodenticides, pave every inch of soil and sterilize our flowers so the bees have no food.
It is up to us to be better stewards for all life on this planet. I don't know why we are at a top of any pyramid, we all need one another...every living thing has a purpose.
Sending everyone big hugs as you process this super depressing news. Shed your tears and say a prayer for the family...they are grieving too.
Take care of yourselves and hug your loved ones tight. ❤
Pam

Junior, like a little Angel, unzipped its feathered down coat and its soul flew away to the Heavens. Now you are flying among the stars, marvellous little Bald Eaglet. :bye 1: :luck: :rh:
Junior, of course you also have a special place in our heart forever... :rh:
Fly high and freely with a full crop forever. 😢🙏 :rh:
Junior, i hope you didn't suffer too much. Now you are at the best place to protect Malala, your sibling, and Mom and Dad too.

In Memory of:

RIP 25 birds, (3 adult and 22 youngs).
R3, Bald Eaglet from Zoo Miami, Fla. †January 06.--- Artemis, aka #915 youn condor from the Big Sur's flock; Ca. †January tbdl.--- Osceola, 41 yo Educational Ambassador for AEF. † February 06.--- HH3 & HH4, 2 months old bald eaglets from Hilton Head Island, SC. † February 27 & 28.--- DH16, 18 days old bald eaglet from Dale Hollow, Kentucky-Tennessee state line. † March 18.--- DC8, a less than one day old tiny bald eaglet from National Arboretum, Washington, DC. † March 26.--- PFC4, the 11 to 14 do Lisa and Oliver's 4th and younger eaglet. From Pennsylvania Farm Country . † April 5/6.--- DH8, DH9, DH10, the Denton Homes Nest 13, 11 and 7 do Bald Eaglets. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † April 23.--- G#2, a less than 24h old Gosling. From Mom and DM2's unused nest in Decorah, Iowa. † April 28.--- Dad DNR, Bald Eagle, E1 and †E2's father From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 26.--- E2, a 36 do Bald Eaglet From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 30.--- Dad DH, Bald Eagle, the DH8, DH9 and DH10's father. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † May 02.--- FSV45, a 42 do Bald Eaglet killled by a raccoon, the FSV46 older sibling. From Fort St Vrain, Colorado. † May 23.--- BS#6, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †May 28.--- BS#5, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 3.--- BS#4, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 5.--- Sierra, Tango, Bald Eaglets from White Rock, BC. †June 14.--- Cowl3, Cowl2, Cowl1, Osplets from Cowlitz County, WA. †June 15, +June 16, †June 16.--- RB#1, Bald Eaglet from Robert Bay, Sydney-BC. †June 28.--- CWL#x, Bald Eaglet from Royal Roads Eagles, Colwood, CottonWood Lane BC. †June 24-29?.--- BS#3, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 29.--- Junior, Bald Eaglet from Gabriola Island, BC. †July 18.---

Unhatched Eggs: (13)
CIe#1 & CIe#2 non-viable (2/2) at Captiva Island. ECe#1 & ECe#2 non viable (2/2) at Eagle Country. BCe#2 at Berry College (1/2). Re#3 broken at Redding (1/3), BBe#2 non viable (1/2) at Big Bear. goslingEgg#1 pip but unhatched at Decorah. HMe#1 & HMe#2 Non viable cause by intruder presence, missing Dad Duffer a long time and Lady Dimple needed to let the eggs alone for her own survival. Don#1 Don#2 & Don#3 non viable at Dunrovin Ranch Osprey nest, MT.

2022 July 21
Last edited by Philjo56France on Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:00 am

Dunrovin Osprey Nest ..Three eggs for Harriet and Swoop
Sadly None Hatched

Time Line

[*] Cam on Line ..All year !

[*]Adults Return. March 30 Harriet
April 17 Swoop

[*]Eggs Laid April 21 ''Egg #1
:vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSORbW2_Bk

April 24 Egg #2 :vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bhh3mmEMO0

April 27 EGG# 3 at4:43amviewtopic.php?p=570791#p570791
:vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agU25IpbgHw

Sadly the Eggs DID NOT HATCH :brknhrt: :(

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:52 am

RIP Junior. You became famous too because of your adopted sibling Malala. Your sweet life was cut way too short bc of human progress. Maybe one day, and hopefully sooner than later, all electrical lines will be buried where birds and mammals of all types cannot be electrocuted. Fly free, soar high and May you always have a full crop. :brknhrt:
AKA: Marianne

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:47 am

Rip 2022

July 21, from Swan Lake, Saanich, BC. Bald Eaglet SL#x one of the two eaglets of the 2022 season.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=424
Sassyk wrote:
07-06 I was informed that one of the eaglets fell from the nest since my last visit and was taken to the WildARC facility in Metchosin. I called to get an update but was informed I would have to fill out a request form and email it to them. I don't have all of the information required but will try to obtain it. viewtopic.php?p=595797#p595797

07-12 The good news is that the eaglet is still at WildARC and is doing well. I don't know when or where it will be released but will post further updates as I reeceive them. viewtopic.php?p=597493#p597493

07-21 I received an email from WildARC tonight with some sad news about the eaglet that fell from the nest.
The eaglet was severely debilitated, and despite the rehabilitation team’s best efforts, the eaglet succumbed to its condition. Very sad news indeed :cry1: viewtopic.php?p=599628#p599628

The same day, its sibling fledged :luck:

3 pics by Sassyk
both eaglets are on each pics
2022-05-17_11h22_45.jpg
© Sassyk
2022-06-20_11h24_15.jpg
© Sassyk
2022-07-22_16h20_52.jpg
© Sassyk

Beautiful eaglet, like a little Angel, unzipped its feathered down coat and its soul flew away to the Heavens. Now you are flying among the stars, marvellous little Bald Eaglet. :bye 1: :luck: :rh:
Of course you also have a special place in our heart forever... :rh:
I hope you didn't suffer too much. Now you are at the best place to protect your sibling, Mom and Dad too.

In Memory of:

RIP 26 birds, (3 adult and 23 youngs).
R3, Bald Eaglet from Zoo Miami, Fla. †January 06.--- Artemis, aka #915 youn condor from the Big Sur's flock; Ca. †January tbdl.--- Osceola, 41 yo Educational Ambassador for AEF. † February 06.--- HH3 & HH4, 2 months old bald eaglets from Hilton Head Island, SC. † February 27 & 28.--- DH16, 18 days old bald eaglet from Dale Hollow, Kentucky-Tennessee state line. † March 18.--- DC8, a less than one day old tiny bald eaglet from National Arboretum, Washington, DC. † March 26.--- PFC4, the 11 to 14 do Lisa and Oliver's 4th and younger eaglet. From Pennsylvania Farm Country . † April 5/6.--- DH8, DH9, DH10, the Denton Homes Nest 13, 11 and 7 do Bald Eaglets. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † April 23.--- G#2, a less than 24h old Gosling. From Mom and DM2's unused nest in Decorah, Iowa. † April 28.--- Dad DNR, Bald Eagle, E1 and †E2's father From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 26.--- E2, a 36 do Bald Eaglet From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 30.--- Dad DH, Bald Eagle, the DH8, DH9 and DH10's father. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † May 02.--- FSV45, a 42 do Bald Eaglet killled by a raccoon, the FSV46 older sibling. From Fort St Vrain, Colorado. † May 23.--- BS#6, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †May 28.--- BS#5, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 3.--- BS#4, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 5.--- Sierra, Tango, Bald Eaglets from White Rock, BC. †June 14.--- Cowl3, Cowl2, Cowl1, Osplets from Cowlitz County, WA. †June 15, +June 16, †June 16.--- RB#1, Bald Eaglet from Robert Bay, Sydney-BC. †June 28.--- CWL#x, Bald Eaglet from Royal Roads Eagles, Colwood, CottonWood Lane BC. †June 24-29?.--- BS#3, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 29.--- Junior, Bald Eaglet from Gabriola Island, BC. †July 18.--- SL#x, Bald Eaglet from Swan Lake, Saanich, BC. †July 21.---

CIegg#1 & CIegg#2 non-viable (2/2) at Captiva Island. ECegg#1 & ECegg#2 non viable (2/2) at Eagle Country. BCegg#2 at Berry College (1/2). Regg#3 broken at Redding (1/3), BBegg#2 non viable (1/2) at Big Bear. GOSLINGegg#1 pip but unhatched (1/8) at Decorah. HMegg#1 & HMegg#2 Non viable (2/2) cause by intruder presence, missing Dad Duffer a long time and Lady Dimple needed to let the eggs alone for her own survival. DRONegg#1, DRONegg#2 & DRONegg#3 non viable (3/3) at Dunrovin Ranch Osprey nest, MT.

2022 July 22
Last edited by Philjo56France on Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:16 pm

Philjo56France wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:04 am
Rip 2022

July 18, 17h02-19h43 - from Gabriola Island, Bald Eaglet Junior the sibling of the famous hawklet Malala.

... ....

Junior, like a little Angel, unzipped its feathered down coat and its soul flew away to the Heavens. Now you are flying among the stars, marvellous little Bald Eaglet. :bye 1: :luck: :rh:
Junior, of course you also have a special place in our heart forever... :rh:
Junior, i hope you didn't suffer too much. Now you are at the best place to protect Malala, your sibling, and Mom and Dad too.

:cry1: :cry1: :cry1:
RIP Junior :bye 1:

tribute by Christian Sasse
https://www.facebook.com/SassePhoto
2022-07-23_07h05_01.jpg
©Pam Mc Cartney
2022-07-23_07h05_22.jpg
©Pam Mc Cartney
2022-07-23_07h05_34.jpg
©Pam Mc Cartney
:cry1: :( :bye 1:
Last edited by Philjo56France on Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:30 am

Update

In fact the original pics are from Pam Mc Cartney
https://www.facebook.com/therealPamichen

07-20-2022
You know...before the beautiful story of eaglet/hawklet that unfolded in front of our eyes ever became popular with the outside Gabriola world, I would never have known how many people loved the majestic Bald Eagle. I have always been a fan...cranking my neck to fully watch them soar overhead and out of view. I love birds...I REALLY love birds. And now I know so many others do too! ❤
When GROWLS started streaming this eagle nest live on the website, I was very interested at all of the things we would see. It started out being mostly empty, eventually came the adult eagles, mostly to touch up the nest here and there. I don't recall ever seeing them eat up there before the hatching of baby number one, that was the eaglet who became known as Junior. ❤ Junior lost a sibling but was given the chance to have another and what a loving duo the two of them made. I fell so in love with the both of them...the hawklet called Malala and Junior the eaglet. They had such a special relationship together and with the parents. It truly was the most lovely thing to watch. It gave me hope, joy and wonder what the future held for both of them.
I am gutted that Junior had to die so that I had the power to type on my computer about it. 🙁 I can't imagine being electrocuted to death...shocking in so many ways. Devastated. Not even 3 months old and gone just like that...so needlessly. I can't even handle it. Negative human impact strikes again.
There are better ways to set up the wires that have little negative impact on the birds. This should obviously be mandatory across the board with all electric companies. We are stewards of nature...let's stop destroying it. Please BC Hydro...please find a way to make it safer for all.
I happened to be the one to answer the call about the young eagle lying face up to the bright blue skies, as though to reflect on what life would have been. Ugh. So sad. 💔
With the injured songbirds that meet their time, I always hold a flower ceremony to honour the beautiful natural deserving life that once was.
I am sorry if these images offend you. I am not showing you his wounds, these are meant to celebrate his young beautiful life. ❤
2022-07-24_09h26_21.jpg
©Pam Mc Cartney

Even in the death, you stay magnific Junior :rh: :cry1:
Last edited by Philjo56France on Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Iona

Post by Iona » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:57 am

:brknhrt: :cry1:

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:24 pm

https://www.facebook.com/groups/302689416832804 GROWLS Eagle Nest Cam (Gabriola Rescue Of Wildlife Society)
a poem by Karlene LaFayette

For Malala
From your big brother, Junior

You are eagle, soar
That is who you are
Sing your song
Be brave, be strong
Your life has just begun
In weariness remember
You are not alone
I fly with you
See all you do
I love you through and through
We played, spent weeks together
But now my journey’s done
Don’t look back, you must go on
Give life your all, Live strong
2022-07-27_08h23_04.jpg
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:55 am

Rip 2022

from July 16 to July 22 - native from Jõgeva County in Estonia : Black Storklet BS#2 54 to 60 do Janika and mia Jan's 2nd of 6 storklets (5† and Bonus still alive.

from July 16 to July 22 - from Eedi's nest in Estonia : Black Storklets Eedi-BS#1, Eedi-BS#2, Eedi-BS#3 50 to 55 do, Eedi's and mia Female's 3 †2022 black storklets†. Sorry kids, i have no pics from you as your nest isn't equiped with a nest cam.

again a tragedy for this nest,

2022 Season
viewtopic.php?p=592173#p592173
viewtopic.php?p=593821#p593821

3 of 6 black storkets rescued from their nest in june (lack of food). They were all renesting in a separate nest with new siblings in each. The younger BS#3 felt from the nest and euthanasied Today the last bad news form the second one BS#2 killed (like its 3 new siblings Eedi'sBS#1-2-3) by a predator with probably a Goshawk...

https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 47#p871647

"As there was difficult to control trail cam near Eedis nest we checked situation on place.
Our volunteers family brought more fish to Eedi, as there female stork did not show last two weeks and chicks were smaller. All four chicks are predated there! Now, looking from memory card of camera, we could say that first chick was predated in evening 16th of July :brknhrt: , two chicks in 21st of July :brknhrt: :brknhrt: and last one in 22nd of July :brknhrt: .
Because of certain delay of taking of photo or video by trail camera, no any signs of visible predator. Seems it happened always so quickly, that camera was not able to fix the action. Only with two last cases we could hear some seldom wing flapping under the nest. No voice of chicks on ground nor voice of predator.
Half eaten (by bird of prey) bodies of chicks were 30-60m from nest. According the time of predation (full day) and speed of attack, dense trees around and behaviour pattern of predation it was Goshawk, most probably.
So, one orphan chick is left, in Karula nest." BONUS in fact.
"But we stopped feeding of Eedi, to pay more attention to Karls nest. Eedi should manage by himself.
I don't know, if you want to see predated chicks of Eedi?"

In the first pic you can see Jan, the missing Dad and all of his 6 storklets :luck: :rh:
2022-07-27_10h53_59.jpg
the 3 survivors at the Vet Clinic BS#2 and 3 with Bonus before their renesting.
2022-07-27_10h49_09.jpg
Today 07-27 only Bonus #7184 is still alive among its 3 new siblings. BS#2 and its 3new siblings should look like these 4 storklets.
2022-07-27_14h43_35.jpg

†BS#2, like a little Angel, unzipped its feathered down coat and its soul flew away to the Heavens. It, i'm sure, was welcome by all of its four †2021 older siblings† and also by †BS#4, †BS#5 and †BS#6 its three †2022 siblings Now you are flying among the stars, marvellous little Black Storklet. :bye 1: :luck: :rh:
†BS#2 of course you also have a special place in our heart forever... :rh:
Fly high and freely and protect your Bonus last alive sibling who will have to go later for a hard and long journey. :rh:
†BS#2, i hope you didn't suffer too much. Now you are a free soaring black Storklet with a full crop forever. 😢🙏
And you and all your siblings are at the best place to protect your sibling, and Mom Janika too.

In Memory of:

RIP 30 birds, (3 adult and 27 youngs).
R3, Bald Eaglet from Zoo Miami, Fla. †January 06.--- Artemis, aka #915 youn condor from the Big Sur's flock; Ca. †January tbdl.--- Osceola, 41 yo Educational Ambassador for AEF. † February 06.--- HH3 & HH4, 2 months old bald eaglets from Hilton Head Island, SC. † February 27 & 28.--- DH16, 18 days old bald eaglet from Dale Hollow, Kentucky-Tennessee state line. † March 18.--- DC8, a less than one day old tiny bald eaglet from National Arboretum, Washington, DC. † March 26.--- PFC4, the 11 to 14 do Lisa and Oliver's 4th and younger eaglet. From Pennsylvania Farm Country . † April 5/6.--- DH8, DH9, DH10, the Denton Homes Nest 13, 11 and 7 do Bald Eaglets. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † April 23.--- G#2, a less than 24h old Gosling. From Mom and DM2's unused nest in Decorah, Iowa. † April 28.--- Dad DNR, Bald Eagle, E1 and †E2's father From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 26.--- E2, a 36 do Bald Eaglet From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 30.--- Dad DH, Bald Eagle, the DH8, DH9 and DH10's father. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † May 02.--- FSV45, a 42 do Bald Eaglet killled by a raccoon, the FSV46 older sibling. From Fort St Vrain, Colorado. † May 23.--- BS#6, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †May 28.--- BS#5, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 3.--- BS#4, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 5.--- Sierra, Tango, Bald Eaglets from White Rock, BC. †June 14.--- Cowl3, Cowl2, Cowl1, Osplets from Cowlitz County, WA. †June 15, +June 16, †June 16.--- RB#1, Bald Eaglet from Robert Bay, Sydney-BC. †June 28.--- CWL#x, Bald Eaglet from Royal Roads Eagles, Colwood, CottonWood Lane BC. †June 24-29?.--- BS#3, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 29.--- Junior, Bald Eaglet from Gabriola Island, BC. †July 18.--- SL#x, Bald Eaglet from Swan Lake, Saanich, BC. †July 21.--- BS#2, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †July 16 to 22.--- Eedi's BS#1, BS#2, BS#3, 3 Black Storklets from Eedi's and mia Female's nest in Estonia. †July 16 to 22.---

CIegg#1 & CIegg#2 non-viable (2/2) at Captiva Island. ECegg#1 & ECegg#2 non viable (2/2) at Eagle Country. BCegg#2 at Berry College (1/2). Regg#3 broken at Redding (1/3), BBegg#2 non viable (1/2) at Big Bear. GOSLINGegg#1 pip but unhatched (1/8) at Decorah. HMegg#1 & HMegg#2 Non viable (2/2) cause by intruder presence, missing Dad Duffer a long time and Lady Dimple needed to let the eggs alone for her own survival. DRONegg#1, DRONegg#2 & DRONegg#3 non viable (3/3) at Dunrovin Ranch Osprey nest, MT.

2022 July 27
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”