In Memoriam

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

Philjo56France

Re: In Memoriam

Post by Philjo56France » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:35 am

Thank you Lady Hawk for this marvellous Tribute. Junior will stay forever in our heart :rh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZE4CYQHgpg

Pics from the video
2022-08-08_10h29_37.jpg
©Christian Sasse
2022-08-08_10h28_02.jpg
Junior is preening Malala who likes it
2022-08-08_10h28_26.jpg
©Lady Hawk - Rip beautiful Junior who saved a beautiful life, Malala's.

GROWLS 🐦 Remembering Junior *Tribute* ~ 💕 Wind Beneath My Wings 💕 8.7.22
This video contains special photography and footage taken by my good friend Dr Christian Sasse who has so kindly given me permission to use his footage in my video. I am so grateful that you and Dr Hancock were able to visit the Gabriola nest & document this miraculous event.

Special thanks to GROWLS for the work that they do preserving, rescuing and protecting the wildlife in this area & for the live webcam.

This is the Gabriola Bald Eagle nest where a pair of eagles were raising their eaglet Junior. The female eagle brought in a baby Red-tailed Hawk as prey on June 4th 2022, but a miraculous thing happened when the hawklet was not eaten but instead was adopted into the eagle family. The parents fed & brooded the hawklet & Junior befriended Malala & thus they began a close bonded relationship as eagle-hawk siblings. Junior was protective and gentle with Malala and their relationship continued to grow over the course of the next few weeks.

Malala fledged first and then Junior left the nest and began to fly around the territory. But only one week after fledging, Junior was found electrocuted on July 18th by BCHydro power poles. This video is a tribute in loving memory of Junior and his special relationship with the little hawklet Malala.

A part of Junior will forever live on inside of Malala. They remained bonded siblings right up to the very end. Malala will carry Junior in her heart as she goes forth into the world - she embodies both hawk and eagle characteristics and is a bridge between what we know in the raptor world and the miracle of what we just witnessed on this nest. Junior's sudden death is a reminder to all of us that life is a precious commodity to be cherished every day. RIP Junior. Thank you for watching!

Video captured, created & produced by Lady Hawk

Junior ~ April 23rd 2022 - July 18th 2022

Music Credits: Wind Beneath My Wings ~ Bette Midler

Photography & live footage ~ Dr Christian Sasse

Special thanks to GROWLS for the work that they do preserving, rescuing and protecting the wildlife in this area. GROWLS is a registered non-profit society whose mandate is the rescue of ill, injured or otherwise disabled wildlife and the preservation of natural wildlife habitat on Gabriola Island, British Columbia. If you would like to donate for this purpose please contact GROWLS from their website
http://www.growls.ca/contact-us/make-a-donation/
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Iona

Post by Iona » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:20 pm

:cry1:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:24 pm

:brknhrt: :( :cry1:

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:03 am

I wasn't aware before today... Sorry Ondabebe. :dunno:
:hug:

Rip 2022

March 9 - Duke Farms, NJ : Bald Eaglet DF#2 8 do, H17's sibling.
DFeaglet#2, °03-01 / †03-09 aft 13h32.

From Ondabebe, viewtopic.php?p=550977#p550977
It is with great sadness I post this article here today. :cry1:

This was posted on the Conserve Wildlife Foundation of NJ page on facebook one hour ago:

Duke Farms Eagle Cam Update: March 9th, 2022
Unfortunately, the second chick doesn’t look like it's doing well and didn’t get any food yesterday. It appears he has health problems that we cannot know about. Usually, a smaller chick will do fine as long as there's plenty of food, like there is in this nest. So, we suspect there is an underlying problem the chick was born with. It is difficult to watch and while we still hold out a small hope that this little one rallies, the reality doesn’t look good. We can be glad that this pair still has one healthy chick. This type of situation goes on in eagles’ nests all over the state, we just don’t witness it up close and we will not intervene.
We appreciate everyone’s concern and understanding.
Thank you: Conserve Wildlife Foundation of NJ, NJ DEP Endangered & Nongame Species Program, Duke Farms

© 2022 Duke Farms © Conserve Wildlife Foundation of NJ © NJ DEP Endangered & Nongame Species Program

2022-08-10_11h02_08.jpg
© 2022 Duke Farms
2022-08-10_11h35_50.jpg
© 2022 Duke Farms - Less than one day before its end.
2022-08-10_11h02_59.jpg
© 2022 Ondabebe

From Ondabebe, viewtopic.php?p=581152#p581152
Tribute to the Mom, Dad, H17 and in Memory of Eaglet #2 who was taken from us all to early ❤️. May you watch over H17 in his travel as H17 will now fly for both of you.
:vid: https://youtu.be/cLGt2wpq8bA
Tribute to the Duke Farms Eagles Season 2022 by Ondabebe
© 2022 Duke Farms

†DFeaglet#2, like a little Angel, unzipped its feathered down coat and its soul flew away to the Heavens. I'm sure it was welcome by many of its older siblings†. Now you are flying among the stars, marvellous little bald eaglet. :bye 1: :luck: :rh:
†DFeaglet#2 of course you also have a special place in our heart forever... :rh:
Fly high and freely and protect your parents and also H17 during :luck: its future an we hope very long life :luck: . :rh:
†DFeaglet#2, i hope you didn't suffer too much. Now you are a free soaring bald eaglet with a full crop forever. 😢🙏

Eagles, Ospreys, Falcons, Hawks, Owls, Condors, Raptors and Others

In Memory of:

RIP 31 birds, (3 adult and 28 youngs).
R3, Bald Eaglet from Zoo Miami, Fla. †January 06.--- Artemis, aka #915 youn condor from the Big Sur's flock; Ca. †January tbdl.--- Osceola, 41 yo Educational Ambassador for AEF. † February 06.--- HH3 & HH4, 2 months old bald eaglets from Hilton Head Island, SC. † February 27 & 28.--- DFeaglet#2, 8 days old bald eaglet from Duke Farms, New Jersey. † March 09.--- DH16, 18 days old bald eaglet from Dale Hollow, Kentucky-Tennessee state line. † March 18.--- DC8, a less than one day old tiny bald eaglet from National Arboretum, Washington, DC. † March 26.--- PFC4, the 11 to 14 do Lisa and Oliver's 4th and younger eaglet. From Pennsylvania Farm Country . † April 5/6.--- DH8, DH9, DH10, the Denton Homes Nest 13, 11 and 7 do Bald Eaglets. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † April 23.--- G#2, a less than 24h old Gosling. From Mom and DM2's unused nest in Decorah, Iowa. † April 28.--- Dad DNR, Bald Eagle, E1 and †E2's father From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 26.--- E2, a 36 do Bald Eaglet From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 30.--- Dad DH, Bald Eagle, the DH8, DH9 and DH10's father. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † May 02.--- FSV45, a 42 do Bald Eaglet killled by a raccoon, the FSV46 older sibling. From Fort St Vrain, Colorado. † May 23.--- BS#6, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †May 28.--- BS#5, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 3.--- BS#4, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 5.--- Sierra, Tango, Bald Eaglets from White Rock, BC. †June 14.--- Cowl3, Cowl2, Cowl1, Osplets from Cowlitz County, WA. †June 15, +June 16, †June 16.--- RB#1, Bald Eaglet from Robert Bay, Sydney-BC. †June 28.--- CWL#x, Bald Eaglet from Royal Roads Eagles, Colwood, CottonWood Lane BC. †June 24-29?.--- BS#3, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 29.--- Junior, Bald Eaglet from Gabriola Island, BC. †July 18.--- SL#x, Bald Eaglet from Swan Lake, Saanich, BC. †July 21.--- BS#2, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †July 16 to 22.--- Eedi's BS#1, BS#2, BS#3, 3 Black Storklets from Eedi's and mia Female's nest in Estonia. †July 16 to 22.---

MIA 3 bird, (3 adult and 0 young).
Sur, Bald Eagle, Dad from Surrey Reserve, British Columbia. 2021 November 12.--- Res, Bald Eagle, Mom from Surrey Reserve, British Columbia. 2021 December 23. (these two previous will be reported in the last 2021 post.)--- Trooper, Bald Eagle, Dad from Delta2 Eagle nest, British Columbia. February 8.--- Jan, Black Stork, Dad from Jõgeva County in Estonia. +June 5.---

Unhatched Eggs: (15)
CIegg#1 & CIegg#2 non-viable (2/2) at Captiva Island. ECegg#1 & ECegg#2 non viable (2/2) at Eagle Country. BCegg#2 at Berry College (1/2). Regg#3 broken at Redding (1/3), BBegg#2 non viable (1/2) at Big Bear. GOSLINGegg#1 pip but unhatched (1/8) at Decorah. HMegg#1 & HMegg#2 Non viable (2/2) cause by intruder presence, missing Dad Duffer a long time and Lady Dimple needed to let the eggs alone for her own survival. DRONegg#1, DRONegg#2 & DRONegg#3 non viable (3/3) at Dunrovin Ranch Osprey nest, MT. HGCegg#1, HGCegg#2 eaten by raven at Hellgate Canyon Osprey nest, MT.

Without Past, there is no Future !

To all of you, Fly Free, Fly High with always a full Crop and don't forget all of you,
You will never be alone, You will live for the Eternity in our Heart.

2022 August 10
Last edited by Philjo56France on Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:20 am

Philjo56France wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 5:15 am
MIA 2022
MIA February 8 - Delta2 , BC : Bald Eagle Trooper, Mom Delta2's mate, Bella and Coola (2019), Sunny and Shadow (2020) and Hope and Chase (2021)'s Dad.
from viewtopic.php?f=10&t=574
Fly high and freely with always a full crop beautiful Trooper. :rh:
You also have a special place in our heart forever... :rh:
In Memory of:
MIA 1 bird, (1 adult and 0 young).
Trooper, Bald Eagle, Dad from Delta2 Eagle nest, Britich Columbia. MIA February 8.---
2022 June 08.
08-10-2022 Rose A, posted a beautiful Tribute about Trooper
Part 1: viewtopic.php?p=603659#p603659
Part 2: viewtopic.php?p=603660#p603660

As I knew this nest and this family of Delta2 (BC) much less well than Rose A, I think I must reproduce this Tribute to Trooper here too and in its entirety. Thank you Rose A. :huggie: :grhug:

Trooper Memories - Part I (according to Rose A)

Trooper has been gone since February 8th. I expect he was loved by all who follow the Delta2 Nest and is greatly missed.

These are just a few things that come to mind when I think of Trooper…
2022-08-13_11h16_34.jpg
Oct20-Nest1-T.

If there was ever an eagle out there that loved a green fluffy nest it was Trooper. If it was the 1970’s and Trooper was a guy, I think he’d have gone for green shag carpeting as a flooring choice.
2022-08-13_11h17_08.jpg
Oct20-Nest1--T2

Trooper could always be depended upon to bring bunches of straw/grass to the nest; not wind, nor rain, nor sleet, nor snow could stop Trooper from finding a good clump of dry grass.
2022-08-13_11h17_26.jpg
Feb14-Straw2-T

To Be Continued...
:ty: RoseA
Last edited by Philjo56France on Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:26 am

Trooper Memories - Part II (according to Rose A)

I did wonder if Trooper’s first year with Ma was his first time being a father. The first year Ma and Trooper had eaglets was 2019, the look on his face when he saw the first egg Ma laid seemed to say it all. … kind of, so this is what happens?! You’d swear that was the last thing he ever expected to see in the nest bowl!

Anyway, Trooper figured out what eggs were and what was expected of him. He was always kind of fidgety when it was time to give Ma a break and take his turn on egg duty.
2022-08-13_11h22_27.jpg
Apr6-TrooperRoll-T

He sure didn’t have Ma’s laid-back approach to incubating. He pulled at all the bits of straw around him constantly as if he was trying to tuck himself in… at times he almost covered himself with straw, it was awfully cute.

Trooper didn’t attempt to feed the eaglets right away his first year being a father at Delta 2. He was a good provider but maybe too nervous to approach little eaglet beaks at first, or perhaps he didn’t even know he was supposed to. He finally seemed to gain the confidence to try and then all was well.
2022-08-13_11h22_49.jpg
Apr27-TrooperEat2-T.

Trooper became a good dad, but of course he had a good healthy eagle appetite himself and unlike Ma didn’t automatically think of feeding the eaglets before himself. Ma had to train him that way. I remember one time when there was food on the nest and Ma had been feeding the eaglets; Trooper was on the nest eyeing the food and Ma was keeping a very close eye on him. Her eyes were boring into the side of Trooper’s head as if to say, “Don’t you dare.”, but dare he did… he made his move towards the food. Ma bopped him on the side of his head with her beak and Trooper almost jumped out of his skin. (I do have a scap of that, but it doesn’t do it justice… too bad I didn’t save a video.)

I really felt for Ma when Trooper went missing and of course was worried about Trooper himself. Ma had found a good mate when she chose him… hopefully he is still out there doing something.

Below is Ma and Trooper on the long branch approx. 1 week before Trooper went missing in February.
2022-08-13_11h23_09.jpg
Feb1-Both1-T

~ Farewell Trooper. You are not forgotten. ~

:ty: RoseA

+ differents comments

Rose, what a beautiful tribute to our beloved Trooper. He was quiet the charactor . I do remember when he first joined ma he would eat first, and we all kept saying the eaglets, feed the eaglets. But like you said, Ma kept on him and eventually he got the hang of feeding his wee precious babys...
I thought for sure Trooper would have that ol fern tree stripped completely bringing in all his greenery decorations for the nest..I cant count the number of times I chuckled at his antics with his greenery..
He was a trooper from the beginning for ma, he became a trooper of a mate and a father to their offspring and in the end he was and is still a trooper in my eyes the way he proctected Ma and their nest. We will wonder always what happened to him...Maybe he was chased away and tried to return (for I think or just my wanting to see him around the nest w other eagles but yet he never returned after that faithful morning of running off the many wondering eagles around the nest). Perhaps he knew if he returned he would bring more harm to his leading lady Ma and stayed away..Not like our trooper to not defend but one never knows what one will do to protect the one they love from harm..I am talking human but maybe they think the way we do. I pray he moved on, found a new nest and mate and carrys on his legacy. Maybe he is one of the eagles in one of the nearby nests. If he ever returns we know his markings so we can spot him right away, Never give up hope... He will forever be a part of our Delta 2 nest ...Never will Trooper be forgotten...
Thank you Rose for this lovely tribute and pictures of our Trooper.... Linuxgw2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An absolutely beautiful tribute to Trooper, Rose. I remember in 2020 when my son first sent me the link to the Delta2 nest and I was hooked and immediately fell in love with Bald Eagles. I watched Ma and Trooper raise Sunny and Shadow (my display pic is Delta2's Shadow) and learned so much about them that year. Thanks to Delta2's Ma and Trooper, I begin my day with Eagles and end my day with Eagles, on the cams, and on the ground.
My thoughts are with all who watched and loved him and whose heart aches for handsome Trooper. I know he's out there soaring, healthy and safe as there was never any evidence of the alternative.
What a crappy year it has been for our Eagles in 2021 and 2022. 2023 will be better, I know it. CC398
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the tribute to Trooper Rose. I really miss him. Hope he is doing well and finds a new mate. Marilyn
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lovely tribute to Trooper Rose! And the comments describe him to a tee! Jean

RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:03 am

One more for Trooper

How not to put this wonderful photo added by Sandy_W in the Delta2 Thread

viewtopic.php?p=604652#p604652

Sandy_W wrote: ↑ Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:19 pm
Checking in and it is wonderful to read the sweet tributes of Trooper. So miss him. And Judy, appreciate the update for this year's donation drive.

I was going through files, cleaning and removing files from this past year. Took a look at older files as well and ran across this favorite image of mine of Ma and Trooper from October 2020. So I put a frame around it. Reminds me of the connection between those two. So thought I would share.Ma and Trooper
2022-08-19_09h59_56.jpg
©Sandy_W
Hope Ma, Delta Male, and Trooper are safe as they are out and about hopefully catching some great salmon. :rh:
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Judy Benson

Post by Judy Benson » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:53 am

Wonderful tributes to Trooper.....He is certainly missed and we are all wondering where he disappeared to and what he has been doing this year....Is there ever an instance where a past eagle goes away for a breeding season and then returns to a nest he abandoned previously...?? I suppose it would be hard to know....Ma has a good mate in DM this year....hope they are united again this season and can have eggs to raise this time.....Thanks to all who keep this site going.....it will be interesting to see the new nest taking shape..... : :rh: :hug:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:49 pm

Judy Benson wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:53 am
Wonderful tributes to Trooper.....He is certainly missed and we are all wondering where he disappeared to and what he has been doing this year....Is there ever an instance where a past eagle goes away for a breeding season and then returns to a nest he abandoned previously...?? I suppose it would be hard to know....Ma has a good mate in DM this year....hope they are united again this season and can have eggs to raise this time.....Thanks to all who keep this site going.....it will be interesting to see the new nest taking shape..... : :rh: :hug:
Trooper was a wonderful eagle, and definitely will be missed. To respond to your question, Judy, I'm not aware of any males returning a year later - but there have been a few instances where they did come back after several months - and it's my impression that if there is a new eagle who has developed a bond to the nest, it generally results in another territorial battle. I haven't done any analysis of this, but suspect a fight like that could go either way, though it seems likely that the one who won the first time would have the edge.

I do know from the research that the Institute for Wildlife Studies has done on the Channel Islands off the coast of southern California that some adults who are driven off their nest are discovered a year or two later as part of a pair on another nest - and that's what I hope is happening with Trooper.

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:01 am

Rip 2022

June 14-15 - Great Spirit Bluff, La Crescent, Minnesota : Falconets GSBF#1, GSBF#2, GSBF#3 31 to 32 do. Zooey and Norman's falconets

From Raptor ressource project, captured at https://explore.org/livecams/falcons/pe ... falcon-cam
"The falcons at Great Spirit Bluff have jumped out of the box. We originally thought that we were seeing some exploratory behavior, but it looks like the blackflies drove the youngest falcon out before the older two.
For now, we’re leaving them alone. It is our experience that falcon parents will take care of their young by flying into the understory to find, feed, and defend them. We don’t want to make the little falcons harder to care for by driving them deeper into the woods, so we’re monitoring them with our cameras for now and will act based on what we see and how Newman and Zooey respond.
The falcons were between 31 and 33 days old and had well-developed primary feathers to help them flap and break their fall."

At first i wanted to place all these 3 beautiful falconets as MIA but ...
During one following day, we were able to have at least one falconet insight... But also a raccoon approaching too but harassed by the adults. then no news about the chicklets. Not so many days after, Zooey and Norman never acted like parents again but just like two adult falcons.

At such a young age, we know even if we haven't witnessed the fate that the three of you must have suffered. Rest assured of our prayers and stay well with your many siblings who left very early too the previous year.
... Knowing that, i think all 3 little chicklets must be place as RIP.

Videos by Arlene Beech ,
One fell out of the Falcon's nest! Great Spirit Bluff. Explore.org 14 June 2022 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwSBsxcwr0I
Second & Third Falcon Chicks FALL/JUMP From Nest Box Perch! 🐥🐥 Great Spirit Bluff Falcon Cam 6.14.22 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nri-3aMGwx8

3 pics from the first video
2022-08-22_09h09_18.jpg
©https://explore.org/livecams/falcons/peregrine-falcon-cam
2022-08-22_09h09_32.jpg
2022-08-22_09h10_29.jpg

†GSBF#1, GSBF#2, GSB#3 like 3 little Angels, unzipped their feathered down coat and their souls flew away to the Heavens. I'm sure they were welcome by many of theirs older siblings†. Now you are flying among the stars, marvellous little falconets. :bye 1: :luck: :rh:
†GSBF#1, GSBF#2, GSB#3 of course you also have a special place in our heart forever... :rh:
Fly high, freely and protect your parents. :luck: :rh:
GSBF#1, GSBF#2, GSB#3, i hope you didn't suffer too much. Now you are 3 free soaring falconets with a full crop forever. 😢🙏

In Memory of:

RIP 34 birds, (3 adult and 31 youngs).
R3, Bald Eaglet from Zoo Miami, Fla. †January 06.--- Artemis, aka #915 young condor from the Big Sur's flock; Ca. †January tbdl.--- Osceola, 41 yo Educational Ambassador for AEF. † February 06.--- HH3 & HH4, 2 months old bald eaglets from Hilton Head Island, SC. † February 27 & 28.--- DFeaglet#2, 8 days old bald eaglet from Duke Farms, New Jersey. † March 09.--- DH16, 18 days old bald eaglet from Dale Hollow, Kentucky-Tennessee state line. † March 18.--- DC8, a less than one day old tiny bald eaglet from National Arboretum, Washington, DC. † March 26.--- PFC4, the 11 to 14 do Lisa and Oliver's 4th and younger eaglet. From Pennsylvania Farm Country . † April 5/6.--- DH8, DH9, DH10, the Denton Homes Nest 13, 11 and 7 do Bald Eaglets. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † April 23.--- G#2, a less than 24h old Gosling. From Mom and DM2's unused nest in Decorah, Iowa. † April 28.--- Dad DNR, Bald Eagle, E1 and †E2's father From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 26.--- E2, a 36 do Bald Eaglet From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 30.--- Dad DH, Bald Eagle, the DH8, DH9 and DH10's father. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † May 02.--- FSV45, a 42 do Bald Eaglet killled by a raccoon, the FSV46 older sibling. From Fort St Vrain, Colorado. † May 23.--- BS#6, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †May 28.--- BS#5, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 3.--- BS#4, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 5.--- Sierra, Tango, Bald Eaglets from White Rock, BC. †June 14.--- GSBF#1, GSBF#2, GSB#3, Falconets from Great Spirit Bluff, La Crescent, Minnesota. †June 14-15.--- Cowl3, Cowl2, Cowl1, Osplets from Cowlitz County, WA. †June 15, +June 16, †June 16.--- RB#1, Bald Eaglet from Robert Bay, Sydney-BC. †June 28.--- CWL#x, Bald Eaglet from Royal Roads Eagles, Colwood, CottonWood Lane BC. †June 24-29?.--- BS#3, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 29.--- Junior, Bald Eaglet from Gabriola Island, BC. †July 18.--- SL#x, Bald Eaglet from Swan Lake, Saanich, BC. †July 21.--- BS#2, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †July 16 to 22.--- Eedi's BS#1, BS#2, BS#3, 3 Black Storklets from Eedi's and mia Female's nest in Estonia. †July 16 to 22.---

MIA 3 bird, (3 adult and 0 young).
Sur, Bald Eagle, Dad from Surrey Reserve, British Columbia. 2021 November 12.--- Res, Bald Eagle, Mom from Surrey Reserve, British Columbia. 2021 December 23. (these two previous will be reported in the last 2021 post.)--- Trooper, Bald Eagle, Dad from Delta2 Eagle nest, British Columbia. February 8.--- Jan, Black Stork, Dad from Jõgeva County in Estonia. +June 5.---

CIegg#1 & CIegg#2 non-viable (2/2) at Captiva Island. ECegg#1 & ECegg#2 non viable (2/2) at Eagle Country. BCegg#2 at Berry College (1/2). Regg#3 broken at Redding (1/3), BBegg#2 non viable (1/2) at Big Bear. GOSLINGegg#1 pip but unhatched (1/8) at Decorah. HMegg#1 & HMegg#2 Non viable (2/2) cause by intruder presence, missing Dad Duffer a long time and Lady Dimple needed to let the eggs alone for her own survival. DRONegg#1, DRONegg#2 & DRONegg#3 non viable (3/3) at Dunrovin Ranch Osprey nest, MT. HGCegg#1, HGCegg#2 eaten by raven at Hellgate Canyon Osprey nest, MT.

To all of you, Fly Free, Fly High with always a full Crop and don't forget all of you,

2022 August 22
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:57 am

RIP and/or MIA 2022

06-21-2022. From 367 Collins Melbourne, AUS : Female Falcon 2017 Mom-F17 Mother of so many falconets..
MIA/ 09-(17-23)-2022. From 367 Collins Melbourne, AUS : Male Falcon 2017 Dad-M17 Dad of so many falconets..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/367collinsfalcons
From Victor Hurley: (10-06) "An adult female peregrine falcon was found on 21st june with serious injuries and was euthanaised. I am presuming this is F17."
Dad, alone, found a new female, F22. They had 4 eggs. but before the hatching, Dad was already gone and replaced by a new male, M22. This new step father is acting like a very good father with his new 4 step falconets :luck: .
From Victor Hurley: a couple of days ago." Two males were last confirmed near the nest via direct sighting of them flying together ~100m from 376 Collins on 17th September. A possible last sighting of M17 was recorded from the live feed on 22nd Sept and a Peregrine Falcon was reported rescued in metro Melbourne on 23rd Sept. I have been unable to confirm if it was M17."

Mom and Dad (on 2020)
2022-10-16_09h19_59.jpg
a Proud Mom 2020.
2022-10-16_09h21_29.jpg
Dad with his particular watch. 2020

Mom and Dad (on 2021). The happy days!
2022-10-16_10h46_10.jpg
Mom and Dad on 2021
Mom and Dad last year aka F17 and M17 (2017). RIP both of you, still in my :rh: forever. :brknhrt: :( :cry1: :cryhanky:
Mom and Dad don't forget to take care of the 4 litle falconets as Dad is their father too even if F22 and M22 are doing a great job feeding all of them... :rh: :luck: long life to them.

Mom and Dad, unzipped their feathered down coat and their souls flew away to the Heavens. I'm sure they were welcome by many of theirs falconets as many died the previous season. Now you are flying among the stars and many of your marvellous little falconets. :bye 1: :luck: :rh:
Mom and Dad of course you also have a special place in our heart forever... :rh:
Fly high, freely and protect all your falconets, even the 4 new Dad's ones. :luck: :rh:
Mom and Dad, i hope you didn't suffer too much. Now you are 2 free soaring falcons, flying high with a full crop forever. 😢🙏

In Memory of:

RIP 35 birds, (4 adult and 31 youngs).
R3, Bald Eaglet from Zoo Miami, Fla. †January 06.--- Artemis, aka #915 young condor from the Big Sur's flock; Ca. †January tbdl.--- Osceola, 41 yo Educational Ambassador for AEF. † February 06.--- HH3 & HH4, 2 months old bald eaglets from Hilton Head Island, SC. † February 27 & 28.--- DFeaglet#2, 8 days old bald eaglet from Duke Farms, New Jersey. † March 09.--- DH16, 18 days old bald eaglet from Dale Hollow, Kentucky-Tennessee state line. † March 18.--- DC8, a less than one day old tiny bald eaglet from National Arboretum, Washington, DC. † March 26.--- PFC4, the 11 to 14 do Lisa and Oliver's 4th and younger eaglet. From Pennsylvania Farm Country . † April 5/6.--- DH8, DH9, DH10, the Denton Homes Nest 13, 11 and 7 do Bald Eaglets. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † April 23.--- G#2, a less than 24h old Gosling. From Mom and DM2's unused nest in Decorah, Iowa. † April 28.--- Dad DNR, Bald Eagle, E1 and †E2's father From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 26.--- E2, a 36 do Bald Eaglet From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 30.--- Dad DH, Bald Eagle, the DH8, DH9 and DH10's father. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † May 02.--- FSV45, a 42 do Bald Eaglet killled by a raccoon, the FSV46 older sibling. From Fort St Vrain, Colorado. † May 23.--- BS#6, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †May 28.--- BS#5, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 3.--- BS#4, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 5.--- Sierra, Tango, Bald Eaglets from White Rock, BC. †June 14.--- GSBF#1, GSBF#2, GSB#3, Falconets from Great Spirit Bluff, La Crescent, Minnesota. †June 14-15.--- Cowl3, Cowl2, Cowl1, Osplets from Cowlitz County, WA. †June 15, +June 16, †June 16.--- Mom-F17, Peregrine Falcon, Mom from 367 Collins in Melbourne, Aus. †June 21.--- RB#1, Bald Eaglet from Robert Bay, Sydney-BC. †June 28.--- CWL#x, Bald Eaglet from Royal Roads Eagles, Colwood, CottonWood Lane BC. †June 24-29?.--- BS#3, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 29.--- Junior, Bald Eaglet from Gabriola Island, BC. †July 18.--- SL#x, Bald Eaglet from Swan Lake, Saanich, BC. †July 21.--- BS#2, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †July 16 to 22.---Eedi's BS#1, BS#2, BS#3, 3 Black Storklets from Eedi's and mia Female's nest in Estonia. †July 16 to 22.---

MIA 4 bird, (4 adult and 0 young).
Sur, Bald Eagle, Dad from Surrey Reserve, British Columbia. 2021 November 12.--- Res, Bald Eagle, Mom from Surrey Reserve, British Columbia. 2021 December 23. (these two previous will be reported in the last 2021 post.)--- Trooper, Bald Eagle, Dad from Delta2 Eagle nest, British Columbia. February 8.--- Jan, Black Stork, Dad from Jõgeva County in Estonia. June 5.--- Dad-M17, Peregrine Flacon, Dad from 367 Collins in Melbourne-Aus. June 17-23.---

2022 October 16
Last edited by Philjo56France on Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:18 am

1/2
RIP 2022

10-16-2022 @~17h30. From Port Lincoln, AUS : Osplet PLO#3 aka Little Bob the younger of the 3 2022 siblings.

From Port Lincoln https://www.youtube.com/c/PortLincolnOsprey
18h04 from the YT chat On behalf off PLO I am sorry to advise that number 3 was deceased and not able to be saved. I ask you all to understand that we do everything possible within the law for Osprey.

After Stevie 2017-†2018, Tap †2020, Dew Mia2020, Solly 2020-†2021, yesterday 10-16 it was your turn little Plo3 to make our tears to flow from our eyes.
PLO#3: °09-22-2022 @ 19h31--- †10-16-2022 @~17h30, (~24 do). Plo3's siblings are Plo1 ~28do and Plo2 27do.

09-22 i wrote: :luck: May Peace be with you litlle PLO3 :luck:

09-23 PLO3, so happy to be part of this sibling. Not eay to recognized me, i'm the left rear one..
2022-09-23_12h43_52.jpg
10-02 It's easier to see me now, so little, so sweet...
2022-10-02_13h37_07.jpg
10-09 I wrote, The three beauties.
2022-10-09_14h04_06.jpg
At that time there were some light bonks between the elder and the two youngs but just to mark the dominance. All was fine between the two youngers.

A superb video by Bart
"The short life of Little Bob the Osprey at Port Lincoln 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScK_Swrd6c8

On 22 September 2022 the osprey, fondly named Little Bob by the viewers of the nestcam at Port Lincoln Australia, hatched 3 days after it's siblings.

Small and fragile it came into the world as any other osprey.
It left the world far too soon on 16 October. 24 days old, small, fragile, beautiful.

It wasn’t always a fun life. In the end the struggle to survive its stronger sibling, waiting for food that didn’t come, was too much.
And yet.. it was a fighter. A brazen little fighter who dared to stand up. Look up. Look around. Facing the odds that were against it.

We will all remember our Little Bob.
And I hope this will make you forget the bad too.
Remember the beautiful moments where it stood between its sibling
Remember how it was tucked in between them, under mum, during the cold nights
Remember it as it should have become: A beautiful Osprey named Little Bob.

Fly High, be free!!"

to be continued
Last edited by Philjo56France on Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:07 am

2/2
RIP 2022

10-16-2022 @~17h30. From Port Lincoln, AUS : Osplet PLO#3 aka Little Bob the younger of the three 2022 siblings.

18h04 from the YT chat On behalf off PLO I am sorry to advise that number 3 was deceased and not able to be saved. I ask you all to understand that we do everything possible within the law for Osprey.

After Stevie 2017-†2018, Tap †2020, Dew Mia2020, Solly 2020-†2021, yesterday 10-16 it was your turn little Little Bob to make our tears to flow from our eyes.
PLO#3 aka Little Bob: °09-22-2022 @ 19h31--- †10-16-2022 @~17h30, (~24 do). Little Bob's siblings are Plo1 ~28do and Plo2 27do.

In recent days, like every year in this nest, the eldest is blocking access to food for the two youngest, sometimes tolerating the middle one but just when his crop can no longer fill without exploding.

10-15 I wrote, Some bad days for the younger one now :(
2022-10-15_15h39_31.jpg

10-16 At 13h27, Little Bob clings to life so much that it manages to straighten up and look around, then it will fall forward on its beak.
2022-10-16_06h43_59.jpg

At 5:01 p.m. after some erratic movement of his legs, Litttle Bob, lying on his side, raises his head, looks at this sea where he will never dive, looks at his siblings who will have plenty of time to share more food finally the little he ate, looks at his Mother who will never warm him again like all his nights, look at his father perched on the barge who has always done what he could to supply this nest as much as he could, like today but the little one does not can already eat more and his organs are gradually failing one after the other. Little Bob doesn't blame anyone, life is like that even if it's so short... Finally he will rest his head and apart from a few respiratory signs, some erratic movements of his legs, his eye will remain open because already up there he sees, he sees these marvelous birds of light, Stevie, Tap, Dew and Solly are there, wings spread and call out, "Join us in this light and sweetness, it's our turn to care for you and from above, you as we will care for our family." Solly's spirit went with great joy back to this family he didn't know. Sorry Mom, Dad, my brothers. I will stay in you, I promise!
2022-10-16_17h01_16.jpg
@17h12 just a few erratic movements. Finally his ordeal is coming to an end now. Too much food deprivation. I hope he is no longer in pain at the moment that his condition no longer allows him to feel it. :cry1:
The whole family is around the young Little Bob whose spirit leaves this nest. In fact dad has just arrived with a fish... Maybe he can smell it, he won't eat any more. In recent days he was already eating so little, a few bites and his last meal was more than 24 hours ago...

At 17h29 the cam focused toward the sea...
At 17h39 the cam returned back toward the nest where an adult is arriving, the little body is gone and 3 new fishes are in the nest ... (not brought by the parents). At 18h00 Mom is mourning a litlle one at the place his little body was seen before the cam view focuses to the sea.

†PLO#3-Little Bob, like a little Angel, unzipped its feathered down coat and its soul flew away to the Heavens where it was welcome by many of its older †siblings†. Now you are flying among the stars, marvellous little osplet. :bye 1: :luck: :rh:
†PLO#3-Little Bob of course you also have a special place in our heart forever... :rh:
Fly high and freely and protect your parents and also PLO1 and PLO2 during :luck: their future and we hope very long lifes :luck: . :rh:
†PLO#3-Little Bob, i hope you didn't suffer too much. Now you are a free soaring osplet with a full crop forever. 😢 RIP 🙏

I added the link of a video by Bart: "The short life of Little Bob the Osprey at Port Lincoln 2022"
here viewtopic.php?p=614789#p614789 just after the 3 pics .

Rest in peace Little Bob since even the "living" have let you down. I hope you have found the love, the warmth, and all the help you need on the other side, among yours, your predecessors. Forgive their ignorance and inaction. :huggie: :rh:

In Memory of:

RIP 36 birds, (4 adult and 32 youngs).
R3, Bald Eaglet from Zoo Miami, Fla. †January 06.--- Artemis, aka #915 young condor from the Big Sur's flock; Ca. †January tbdl.--- Osceola, 41 yo Educational Ambassador for AEF. † February 06.--- HH3 & HH4, 2 months old bald eaglets from Hilton Head Island, SC. † February 27 & 28.--- DFeaglet#2, 8 days old bald eaglet from Duke Farms, New Jersey. † March 09.--- DH16, 18 days old bald eaglet from Dale Hollow, Kentucky-Tennessee state line. † March 18.--- DC8, a less than one day old tiny bald eaglet from National Arboretum, Washington, DC. † March 26.--- PFC4, the 11 to 14 do Lisa and Oliver's 4th and younger eaglet. From Pennsylvania Farm Country . † April 5/6.--- DH8, DH9, DH10, the Denton Homes Nest 13, 11 and 7 do Bald Eaglets. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † April 23.--- G#2, a less than 24h old Gosling. From Mom and DM2's unused nest in Decorah, Iowa. † April 28.--- Dad DNR, Bald Eagle, E1 and †E2's father From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 26.--- E2, a 36 do Bald Eaglet From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 30.--- Dad DH, Bald Eagle, the DH8, DH9 and DH10's father. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † May 02.--- FSV45, a 42 do Bald Eaglet killled by a raccoon, the FSV46 older sibling. From Fort St Vrain, Colorado. † May 23.--- BS#6, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †May 28.--- BS#5, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 3.--- BS#4, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 5.--- Sierra, Tango, Bald Eaglets from White Rock, BC. †June 14.--- GSBF#1, GSBF#2, GSB#3, Falconets from Great Spirit Bluff, La Crescent, Minnesota. †June 14-15.--- Cowl3, Cowl2, Cowl1, Osplets from Cowlitz County, WA. †June 15, +June 16, †June 16.--- Mom-F17, Peregrine Falcon, Mom from 367 Collins in Melbourne, Aus. †June 21.--- RB#1, Bald Eaglet from Robert Bay, Sydney-BC. †June 28.--- CWL#x, Bald Eaglet from Royal Roads Eagles, Colwood, CottonWood Lane BC. †June 24-29?.--- BS#3, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 29.--- Junior, Bald Eaglet from Gabriola Island, BC. †July 18.--- SL#x, Bald Eaglet from Swan Lake, Saanich, BC. †July 21.--- BS#2, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †July 16 to 22.--- Eedi's BS#1, BS#2, BS#3, 3 Black Storklets from Eedi's and mia Female's nest in Estonia. †July 16 to 22.--- PLO#3-Little Bob, 24 do Osplet from Port Lincoln Osprey Nest, Aus. †October 16.---

Sur, Bald Eagle, Dad from Surrey Reserve, British Columbia. 2021 November 12.--- Res, Bald Eagle, Mom from Surrey Reserve, British Columbia. 2021 December 23. (these two previous will be reported in the last 2021 post.)--- Trooper, Bald Eagle, Dad from Delta2 Eagle nest, British Columbia. February 8.--- Jan, Black Stork, Dad from Jõgeva County in Estonia. June 5.--- Dad-M17, Peregrine Flacon, Dad from 367 Collins in Melbourne-Aus. June 17-23.---

Unhatched Eggs: (16)
CIegg#1 & CIegg#2 non-viable (2/2) at Captiva Island. ECegg#1 & ECegg#2 non viable (2/2) at Eagle Country. BCegg#2 at Berry College (1/2). Regg#3 broken at Redding (1/3), BBegg#2 non viable (1/2) at Big Bear. GOSLINGegg#1 pip but unhatched (1/8) at Decorah. HMegg#1 & HMegg#2 Non viable (2/2) cause by intruder presence, missing Dad Duffer a long time and Lady Dimple needed to let the eggs alone for her own survival. DRONegg#1, DRONegg#2 & DRONegg#3 non viable (3/3) at Dunrovin Ranch Osprey nest, MT. HGCegg#1, HGCegg#2 eaten by raven at Hellgate Canyon Osprey nest, MT. 367CFN#3 non viable at 367 Collins Falcon Nest, Melbourne, Aus.

2022 October 17

Another 3 more stab wounds straight to the :rh: heart. I thought that afterwards we removed them and that there was no trace of them but in fact they continue to accumulate... :brknhrt: :brknhrt: :brknhrt:

By dint of enduring and sharing these pains, these sorrows, this sadness and all these tears with all our little feathered friends, young or old, for that matter, maybe one day I will have to withdraw completely for an indefinite period because that season has been particularly terrible despite some wonderful and happy successes.

It is possible that I scatter a little too much in the different nests or there is a real hecatomb this year in terms of the survival of the chicks. Considering what I read in the various forums, I think more for the hecatomb.
Last edited by Philjo56France on Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:35 am

1/2
RIP 2022

11-02-2022 @~15h31. From Port Lincoln, AUS : Osplet PLO#2 aka Middle Bob the middle one of the three osplets.

After Stevie 2017-†2018, Tap †2020, Dew Mia2020, Solly 2020-†2021, Little Bob †10-16; finally the 11-02 it was your turn little PLO2/Middle Bob to make our tears to flow from our eyes.
PLO#2 aka Middle Bob: °09-19-2022 --- †11-02-2022 @15h31, (44 do). Plo3's oldest and the last 2022's sibling is now only Plo1 ~45 do.

I don't know why but after Little Bob's death deep inside me a little voice kept telling me, beware, Middle Bob's turn might be coming soon.... and it happened after a long agony, of humidity, cold and food deprivation, this November 2, 2022 (day of the dead on my calendar).

Here are are exactly the same 3 first pics as i posted for the Little Bob"s Memorial.

09-23 PLO2, so happy to be part of these 3 siblings. Not easy to recognized me, i'm the first one At that time, never a bonk between us...
2022-11-07_09h18_38.jpg
10-02 It's easier to see me now, just the far one... with Little Bob we already knew what bonks were.
2022-11-07_09h19_04.jpg
10-09 I am the closer one, watching at you...
2022-11-07_09h19_21.jpg
At that time there were some light bonks between the elder and the two youngs but just to mark the dominance. All was fine between the two youngers Middle Bob and Little Bob.

It wasn’t always a fun life. In the end the struggle to survive its stronger sibling, waiting for food that didn’t come cause by the bad weather, was too much.
And yet.. it was a fighter. A brazen little fighter who dared to stand up. Look up. Look around. Facing the odds that were against it.

We will all remember our Middle Bob.
And I hope this will make you forget the bad too.
Remember the beautiful moments where it stood between its sibling
Remember how it was tucked in between them, under mum, during the cold nights
Remember it as it should have become: A beautiful Osprey named Middle Bob.

Fly High, be free!!"

to be continued
Last edited by Philjo56France on Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:27 am

2/2

RIP 2022

11-02-2022 @15h31. From Port Lincoln, AUS : Osplet PLO#2 aka Middle Bob the middle one of the three 2022 siblings.

After Stevie 2017-†2018, Tap †2020, Dew Mia2020, Solly 2020-†2021, †10-16-2022 Little Bob, the 11-02-2022 it was your turn Middle Bob to make our tears to flow from our eyes.
PLO#2 aka Middle Bob: °09-19-2022 --- †11-02-2022 @15h31, (44 do). Middle Bob's last sibling is now Plo1 ~45 do.

In recent days, The weather turns badly, windy, rainy and coldy. There is not enought fishes brought by Mom and Dad every day now. Their priority is to feed PLO#1 and it knows it... So after a couple of days on this diet, Middle Bob's body needing more and more food day by day, at some point this lack of food with also the cold and dampness of the night, its internal organs began to degenerate beyond repair. The 11-02-2022, he moves less and less. Half an hour before his death middle Bob is still towards the rail on the left side of the nest. In a last effort he moves as best he can towards the center of the nest, the "bowl", where Little Bob has also given up his soul to the Lord. At 3:30 p.m., he takes a last look at his mother, could have been at his brother but more surely at Stevie, Tap, Dew, Solly and his dear Little Bob who all were there, waiting for Middle Bob. Finally reassured, Middle Bob definitely closed his eyes and also gave up his soul to God. It was 3h31 p.m..
2022-11-07_10h12_46.jpg
15h30
2022-11-07_10h13_21.jpg
15h31 All is over, RIP mon ami!
At 17h34 the cam focused toward the sea...
At 17h42 the cam returned back toward the nest where the little body is gone and 2 new fishes* were added in the nest near Big Bob alone now ... (*not brought by the parents).
2022-11-07_10h13_50.jpg
it was a few days before and the following days that fish had to be brought near the nest..... now it's too late, 2 out of 3 osplets are already dead. It is not by doing so that the population of ospreys will increase as cited for the purpose of your organization... :shame:

†PLO#2-Middle Bob, like a little Angel, unzipped its feathered down coat and its soul flew away to the Heavens where it was welcome by many of its older †siblings†. Now you are flying among the stars, marvellous little osplet. :bye 1: :luck: :rh:
†PLO#2-Middle Bob of course you also have a special place in our heart forever... :rh:
Fly high and freely and protect your parents and also PLO1 during :luck: their future and we hope very long lifes :luck: . :rh:
†PLO#2-Middle Bob, i hope you didn't suffer too much. Now you are a free soaring osplet with a full crop forever. 😢 RIP 🙏

"The 44 days of life of number 2 at Port Lincoln Osprey" viewtopic.php?p=619815#p619815
Rest in peace Middle Bob since even the "living" have let you down. I hope you have found the love, the warmth, and all the help you need on the other side, among yours, your predecessors. Forgive their ignorance and inaction. :huggie: :rh:

In Memory of:

RIP 37 birds, (4 adult and 33 youngs).
R3, Bald Eaglet from Zoo Miami, Fla. †January 06.--- Artemis, aka #915 young condor from the Big Sur's flock; Ca. †January tbdl.--- Osceola, 41 yo Educational Ambassador for AEF. † February 06.--- HH3 & HH4, 2 months old bald eaglets from Hilton Head Island, SC. † February 27 & 28.--- DFeaglet#2, 8 days old bald eaglet from Duke Farms, New Jersey. † March 09.--- DH16, 18 days old bald eaglet from Dale Hollow, Kentucky-Tennessee state line. † March 18.--- DC8, a less than one day old tiny bald eaglet from National Arboretum, Washington, DC. † March 26.--- PFC4, the 11 to 14 do Lisa and Oliver's 4th and younger eaglet. From Pennsylvania Farm Country . † April 5/6.--- DH8, DH9, DH10, the Denton Homes Nest 13, 11 and 7 do Bald Eaglets. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † April 23.--- G#2, a less than 24h old Gosling. From Mom and DM2's unused nest in Decorah, Iowa. † April 28.--- Dad DNR, Bald Eagle, E1 and †E2's father From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 26.--- E2, a 36 do Bald Eaglet From MN DNR Eagle Cam, Minnesota. † April 30.--- Dad DH, Bald Eagle, the DH8, DH9 and DH10's father. From Denton Homes, west of Des Moines, Iowa. † May 02.--- FSV45, a 42 do Bald Eaglet killled by a raccoon, the FSV46 older sibling. From Fort St Vrain, Colorado. † May 23.--- BS#6, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †May 28.--- BS#5, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 3.--- BS#4, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 5.--- Sierra, Tango, Bald Eaglets from White Rock, BC. †June 14.--- GSBF#1, GSBF#2, GSB#3, Falconets from Great Spirit Bluff, La Crescent, Minnesota. †June 14-15.--- Cowl3, Cowl2, Cowl1, Osplets from Cowlitz County, WA. †June 15, +June 16, †June 16.--- Mom-F17, Peregrine Falcon, Mom from 367 Collins in Melbourne, Aus. †June 21.--- RB#1, Bald Eaglet from Robert Bay, Sydney-BC. †June 28.--- CWL#x, Bald Eaglet from Royal Roads Eagles, Colwood, CottonWood Lane BC. †June 24-29?.--- BS#3, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †June 29.--- Junior, Bald Eaglet from Gabriola Island, BC. †July 18.--- SL#x, Bald Eaglet from Swan Lake, Saanich, BC. †July 21.--- BS#2, Black Storklet from Jõgeva County in Estonia. †July 16 to 22.--- Eedi's BS#1, BS#2, BS#3, 3 Black Storklets from Eedi's and mia Female's nest in Estonia. †July 16 to 22.--- PLO#3-Little Bob, 24 do Osplet from Port Lincoln Osprey Nest, Aus. † October 16.--- PLO#2-Middle Bob, 44 do Osplet from Port Lincoln Osprey Nest, Aus. † November 02.---

Sur, Bald Eagle, Dad from Surrey Reserve, British Columbia. 2021 November 12.--- Res, Bald Eagle, Mom from Surrey Reserve, British Columbia. 2021 December 23. (these two previous will be reported in the last 2021 post.)--- Trooper, Bald Eagle, Dad from Delta2 Eagle nest, British Columbia. February 8.--- Jan, Black Stork, Dad from Jõgeva County in Estonia. June 5.--- Dad-M17, Peregrine Falcon, Dad from 367 Collins in Melbourne-Aus. June 17-23.---

Unhatched Eggs: (16)
CIegg#1 & CIegg#2 non-viable (2/2) at Captiva Island. ECegg#1 & ECegg#2 non viable (2/2) at Eagle Country. BCegg#2 at Berry College (1/2). Regg#3 broken at Redding (1/3), BBegg#2 non viable (1/2) at Big Bear. GOSLINGegg#1 pip but unhatched (1/8) at Decorah. HMegg#1 & HMegg#2 Non viable (2/2) cause by intruder presence, missing Dad Duffer a long time and Lady Dimple needed to let the eggs alone for her own survival. DRONegg#1, DRONegg#2 & DRONegg#3 non viable (3/3) at Dunrovin Ranch Osprey nest, MT. HGCegg#1, HGCegg#2 eaten by raven at Hellgate Canyon Osprey nest, MT. 367CFN#3 non viable at 367 Collins Falcon Nest, Melbourne, Aus.

2022 November 07

Another 3 more stab wounds straight to the :rh: heart. I thought that afterwards we removed them and that there was no trace of them but in fact they continue to accumulate... :brknhrt: :brknhrt: :brknhrt:

By dint of enduring and sharing these pains, these sorrows, this sadness and all these tears with all our little feathered friends, young or old, for that matter, maybe one day I will have to withdraw completely for an indefinite period because that season has been particularly terrible despite some wonderful and happy successes.

It is possible that I scatter a little too much in the different nests or there is a real hecatomb this year in terms of the survival of the chicks. Considering what I read in the various forums, I think more for the hecatomb.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”