Eagleholics Anonymous ~ 2018

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

mmud
Content Provider

Re: Eagleholics Anonymous ~ 2018

Post by mmud » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:00 am

:coffee2: Good Morning :coffee2:

Monday ~ January 14, 2019
Joined HWF: Sun. Apr 12, 2009

mmud
Content Provider

Post by mmud » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:41 pm

mmud
Content Provider

Post by mmud » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:00 am

Tuesday ~ January 15, 2019

JudiW

Post by JudiW » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:14 pm

Nesties :grhug: :wave: :love:

Haven't left the house too much except to take Einstein out for his three daily walks and have had to bundle up myself and put on Einstein's coat as the weather is dark dreary lots of fog and -0 o Celsius for the past few days :cold1: :windy: :cold1: :sunny:
and also go grocery shopping with Gary after he comes home from work. Thank goodness the Safeway is only two blocks away as we are still walking :faint: and we have to shop and get the groceries delivered an extra $6 so spending some of the truck repair money which was scheduled for tomorrow but had to change the date to the repair until Monday the 21st Gary's final pay day. Looking on Indeed for a job and he has so many follow-ups because he is experienced and so many different companies want to hire him its just him finding the time to sit at the computer and send all these companies a resume and 3 reference letters from his previous jobs of 20 years experience.
:faint: :dunno: some offer $20 an hour and others offer $40,000 and up per year so its his choice to pick the ones that appeal to him in the workforce. He really doesn't have to be a subcontractor he can easily get a job as a Supervisor so he looking and also working until the 31st as the want ads are struggling with company HR who have good experienced people like Gary who has 20 years experience in the Cleaning profession from being a Heavy Duty Cleaner/Light Duty Cleaner/Building Condo Manager/Caretaker of a Rental 10 years

Got to go take out Einstein for his nooner have a nice day :bye 1: :grhug:

Reading :love: :grhug: :bye 1:
Last edited by JudiW on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

txelements

Post by txelements » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:43 pm

:wave: EA LUVS, I'm still here & kickin'
:)

I read daily but remiss in posting. :(

Hang in there JuD&Gary
What a lot to deal with. :yes:

:ty: For the nest updates. I always enjoy "trying" to keep up with them & you make it easier, Iona

Scott,
I'm still watching my backyard bird activity. Mostly the usual you'd expect this time of year. Amazing how the yard can be vacant but if I sit and watch a bit, slowly a bird arrives then followed by a another then many other. Eventually all move on and its vacant again. Never lasts long tho. Seems once known for feed, a yard is advertised thru word of wing. :D
Most exciting for me lately was being out there when a pileated came thru. I happen to catch a glimpse of movement in the dense tree area and saw it working it's way around before flying across the yard to the next tree grouping. Lucky me. :)

Gotta love "Here fox, here fox". :love:

elle, Carolyn, wind, reading you too. :hug:

nightowl, wondering about your woodpecker. Hairy and Downey are similar but have notable differences.

Hugs all around.

:bye 1:

nightowl
Forum Assistant

Post by nightowl » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:58 pm

txelements wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:43 pm

nightowl, wondering about your woodpecker. Hairy and Downey are similar but have notable differences.

Hugs all around.

:bye 1:
It could be either, but according to a rehabilitation center near me, we have Hairy Woodpeckers and they say the difference is the Hairy has white on the underside of their tail. I've tried looking, but the little stinker must be shy...I can't get a look under his tail. :roll: So it may not be a Downy, but without peeking underneath, I may never know. All I know for sure is he really loves the suet! Are there more differences?

I'm pretty sure I've never seen a Pileated, but from what I've read, they're a pretty substantial bird. Wonder if we have them here?
Hmmm...another thing to check on.
Member since May 9, 2006

Iona

Post by Iona » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:21 pm

Checked in on some neat, nothing new to take scap of. according to chat at NEFL nest, Sampson and GF ( short for girlfriend), have been mating, so they are hoping for possible eggs yet this season.

Love and hugs to all

mmud
Content Provider

Post by mmud » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:21 pm

:wave: Judi & Iona

Cool sighting of the Pileated wp and the other visitors Naoma. :)
With our milder winter some of the early migrants seem to be stopping by for a bite then continuing on their way as I've noticed some different looking sparrow types.

I've only seen a few Pileated wood peckers but I know there are many around here Judy. You'll know it if you see or hear one as they're pretty big and the bright red crest is hard to miss. :)

"No update tonight - all is well. - LM"

mmud
Content Provider

Post by mmud » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:00 am

Wednesday ~ January 16, 2019

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:45 am

On the woodpecker discussion....We have pileated here and red headed and both kind of big. I love the young with their gray heads that turn red. They are a joy to see and hear with the loud Tap Tap Tap.

As for Downy I saw one in front of my house one year, hope to see one again, gorgeous!

Hi to Nightowl and good morning Scott, Iona, Lynda, TX and all.
Hasta La Vista.....
Ato De (the same in Japanese)
carolyn
An upside down dog is a happy dog dreaming sweet dreams.
carolyn

txelements

Post by txelements » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:07 am

Morning. :wave:

Nightowl,
note the bill size on Hairy. It is larger & longer than Downy's. Also, it doesn't have the black spots on its outer tail feathers like Downy.

Later. :bye 1:

JudiW

Post by JudiW » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:02 am

Reading and watching eagles cam :vid: and Netflix

Just took Einstein out for a long hour walk :gdog:

now I will watch Netflix on my computer and watch the Florida eagles cam :vid: :eag: :hatch: :hatch: :eag: have been watching "Grace and Frankie" on Netflix starring Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin about a couple of women our ages who have been married 40 years and have split with their hubbys …...I should say their hubbys have split with them and are together as a couple and the comedy of it is how Grace and Frankie's life is after 40 years married to the same guy and making a laugh out of a bad situation......check it out Nesties its hilarious and both these actresses are so great and so funny.

:grhug: :love: :bye 1:

Iona

Post by Iona » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:11 pm

Few scaps from today

Hayes
HAYES EAGLES 1 16 19 5 38 PM BOTH ON BRANCHES.jpg
NEFL

Sampson
NEFL EAGLES 1 16 19 5 50 PM ONE IN NEST.jpg
A2 is back
NEFL EAGLES 1 16 19 5 53 PM NICE CLOSEUP.jpg
A lot of cams are still down. Hope the open the Government soon, so we can get them running. Most of them are in State and National parks.

Love and hugs to all

mmud
Content Provider

Post by mmud » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:27 pm

:wave: Carolyn, Naoma, & Judi

Nice s'caps from the Hayes, NEFL, & A2 cams Iona. :)
Bummer about so many cams being down.

mmud
Content Provider

Post by mmud » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:00 am

Thursday ~ January 17, 2019

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”