The Wildlife Corner

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

JudyB
Admin

The Wildlife Corner

Post by JudyB » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:16 pm

Welcome! This thread started as a continuation of the EAGLE Chatters Nest thread on our old 2010-2017 forum (link), which was initially a place for folks who followed the Southwest Florida Eagle Cam to have more relaxed discussions about the eagles and other things, since we do try to keep the observation threads for all the nests focused on what's happening with the eagles or other wildlife being observed.

The focus has changed over time, and it's now my pleasure to announce The Wildlife Corner!

This may also change, but for now it's designed to be a place where everyone can discuss what they are seeing on the various cams and in their backyards or local parks or wherever. We have dedicated threads for a number of cams and nests without cams, and do ask that any important observations be posted there as well - but the focus here is intended to be less about the scientific studies we are compiling on those threads and more about what people find interesting, and why.

Standard disclaimer: Be kind. Keep it clean, respect each other's views, avoid politics and religion, have permission and give credit if posting the work of others. Enjoy. :love:

rainna4

Re: EAGLE Chatters Nest

Post by rainna4 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:28 am

Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make the change as effortless as possible!

Mary, as always your right there to help us all ease into the new forum board! Appreciate your continued help to us all... :bye 1: :yes:

Rainna

rainna4

Post by rainna4 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:59 pm

Hope this helps those who might need some pointers, like me! :%:

How do I display an avatar?
Within your User Control Panel, under “Profile” you can add an avatar by using one of the four following methods: Gravatar, Gallery, Remote or Upload. It is up to the board administrator to enable avatars and to choose the way in which avatars can be made available. If you are unable to use avatars, contact a board administrator.

Rainna

laniebelle

Post by laniebelle » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:23 pm

The new page, the new page. Thanks, Mary, for transitioning us over to this new forum. It looks great!

Re-posting my reply here in case it was not seen in the "old" Chatters forum.

Hard to beat you, Phil :D

Sorry to hear about the situation in Dale Hollow. Eagles prayers for that family.
Laniebelle
Remembering Dad Decorah, the greatest eagle Dad ever
follow: Decorah, DNN, SWFEC, NEFL, AEF DC, FSV, Berry, Trio, Standley Lake, Big Bear, Smola

laniebelle

Post by laniebelle » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:53 pm

Rainna, thanks for the very helpful information on creating an avatar. I put a new one up! With a shout out to my wonderful husband who helped me crop it and format it properly.
Laniebelle
follow: Decorah, DNN, SWFEC, NEFL, AEF DC, FSV, Berry, Trio, Standley Lake, Big Bear, Smola

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:52 am

Oh no. I’m very sad.
About Smola nest, baron, baroness and solo.
Important Announcement 3.2.18~ From Editor Trygve Sørvaag ~

I am very sorry to inform everyone that the live Smola eagle cam with Baron & Baroness has gone offline permanently. Today I'm as tired as you guys. I'm one of many, many of whom have followed Baron Blue and Baronesse Barfot by fast-paced cameras in the mooring at Smøla. Therefore, it is no pleasure to announce today that we will no longer send live from the Eagle Eagle or the other cameras at Smøla. The explanation is simple: the Zoo editorial staff simply has no budgets to continue.

I would like to thank you personally for all the wonderful viewers who have followed us through the last two years. Without you, we would never have had this. Their commitment on the pages and in the comments box means that we have a very good overview of what happened in the nest hour by hour. Without that effort, we had definitely missed a lot of highlight. A big thank you to Svein Junge and the team who have led the eagle project locally.

Now we are thanking us from Smøla and wish Baron Blå and Baronesse Barfot good luck with the next breeding season. May there be many new kids to strengthen the vulnerable oat stock!

With best regards

Trygve Sørvaag

editor zoo

Here is the link to the full article: https://zooom.no/havornreiret/195376506 ... -baronesse
All scaps are courtesy of
http://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html
or by photographers / videographers credited in my message
In love with Harriett and M Family !

laniebelle

Post by laniebelle » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:35 am

:ohmy: Oh! Very sad, too, to hear about the Smola cams not continuing. Watching Baron, Baroness and adorable Solo last year was my first introduction to the White Tailed Eagles. Solo was such a joy and a character; I know he enriched many of our lives with his antics, explorations, and love for his parents (and vise versa).
Laniebelle

rainna4

Post by rainna4 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:13 am

Your very welcome Laniebelle, happy to help! Love your new avatar!

Pascale that is sad about the Smola nest, I know you and many others followed the nest from the moment you introduced us all to it ! Many thanks for sharing the nest with us last year and adding to the many hours of eagle watching. Now we will enjoy the scraps we have all taken and carry those fond memories in our :rh:

Rainna
I also changed mine to E8's beautiful "strike a pose" moment :fonz:

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:17 am

Something really different... does anyone have news from Nestfriend ?
I tried to contact her but no answer. Maybe she's on holidays :)

NestFriend

Post by NestFriend » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:03 pm

I’m right here with all of you. Trying to figure things out in this forum. Pascale, I just saw your message and answered you. I’m very sad about what I just read about the Smola nest. :cry1:

I’ve been enjoying and at times crying, reading all of your posts, but have been so incredibly busy to post anything. Sorry!
Mimi

"Nothing positive will come from being negative,
and nothing negative will come from being positive."

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:23 am

Dale Hollow news
DH4 is :hatch: yesterday around 5h00 pm
:bravo: River and Obey ! :hooray:
viewtopic.php?p=3563#p3563

Recap The Wildlife Corner
2019 viewtopic.php?p=136564#p136564
2020 viewtopic.php?p=268421#p268421
2021 viewtopic.php?p=401908#p401908
2022 viewtopic.php?p=528282#p528282
Last edited by Philjo56France on Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:25 am

No please don’t be sorry Mimi! That’s ok...
Welcome here. It’s easy to post but don’t hesitate to ask 😊

Welcome DH4 ! It was a rough start for you but you did it !

Still no egg at DC Cam...they are not working a lot on the nest too 🙁

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:09 am

:cryhanky: I am deeply sorry to write this about my little osprey friend Stevie who didn't make it :cry1: :cry1:
2018-03-03_10h51_24.jpg
When i ask for our prayers, it was surely already too late.

This is forever Stevie
26229351_1184650101667994_2022767736193711446_n.jpg
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:32 am

So sad for the brave and beautiful Stevie :no: :cryhanky:
Being an osprey is really tough... bailey and her siblings, now Stevie.

rainna4

Post by rainna4 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:38 am

Stevie, may you travel on the winds of time with never another worry. I have been inspired by your gallant effort of survival during your short life, but your path has a different meaning now and whatever that holds for you, I know you will excel at it. Fly like the wind forever more.

Rainna

NestFriend, may you find some quiet and calmness, quality of free time very soon!
By the way just carve out a trip to the local ice cream store and have yourself a treat, by yourself and for yourself! Just because you can! :%: :thumlft:

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”