The Wildlife Corner

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

eagleslanding

Re: EAGLE Chatters Nest

Post by eagleslanding » Sat May 04, 2019 5:48 pm

Davenport Iowa eagle cam Arconic is down because of the flood. There is 4 to 6 feet of water below the nest. The eaglets were born in early April. Will take a long time for this flood along the Mississippi river to go down. Miss the cam. What can I say.

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Sun May 05, 2019 12:46 am

Oh my... eagleslanding i hope the eaglets are fine... I guess it’s not easy to fish or hunt for the eagles in these conditions :luck: :love:

I’m watching Decorah.s nests everyday and both are doing fine, D32 and 33 have huge crops every day and so is DN9 :D

In Norway WTEs face strong gale force winds, snow, hail, icing rain, and today a storm... despite all this chicks are thriving and lots of food is in the nest. Things will get better tomorrow. Little #1 is 9 days old and #2 just one week old
A1CE1A12-8214-48BC-A83A-1EB780584C4A.jpeg
Smola WTE nest - baron feeds chicks, May 4th 2019
All scaps are courtesy of
http://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html
or by photographers / videographers credited in my message
In love with Harriett and M Family !

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Sun May 05, 2019 3:17 am

Yesterday there was some,action at eagle countr cam - Florida
It’s a nest with 2 eaglets Dandy who almost starved and bonked to death sibling spur - both are ok now. They must be 6 weeks old.
Yesterday dad brought a fish and a young juvie flew in, chased dad and ate the fish on the nest, mantling, while the eaglets were watching very scared, parents were flying above. They didn’t want to intervene, probably they were scared to harm their offsprings,
The juvie left with full crop after ~20min :woohoo:. People thought it could be e13 but there’s no way to be sure...

laniebelle

Post by laniebelle » Sun May 05, 2019 9:25 pm

Sorry to hear about the bad flooding in Iowa. I imagine food would be much more scarce with so much underwater.

The weather in Smola has been horrendous, but it doesn't seem to phase Baron and Baroness. They just keep on carrying on, and the babies seem to be fine. They are such admirable parents.

Wouldn't that be something if it was E13 who visited Eagle Country.

SED, All
Laniebelle
Remembering Dad Decorah, the greatest eagle Dad ever
follow: Decorah, DNN, SWFEC, NEFL, AEF DC, FSV, Berry, Trio, Standley Lake, Big Bear, Smola

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Mon May 06, 2019 12:16 pm

I would not know if the eaglets were doing fine as the flooding in that area is extensive. And the flood waters may not receed even from the town area for quite some time. The flooding of the Mississipi River is quite extensive. Starting from the northern USA and will go down the river to the gulf of Mexico. I don't look for their cams to come back on because its been raining like crazy in the northern usa. And rain is still expected. So Davenport Iowa will be flooded for a while. The cam will have to dry out. Even in my state some counties have been declared disaster areas becaus of the heavy rains overfilling the rivers and lakes. This is a long lasting problem. Very difficult for flood stage waters to receed. Not an easy fix. Hope the corn will be ok as the eagles in Iowa use the corn husks of Iowa keep the eagles warm in the winter. And feed us and animals.

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Tue May 07, 2019 2:49 am

Two owl problems tonight even if everything is ok

one at hanover Pa
Lorraine 54, on the video's chat, made this photo
https://images.spot.im/image/upload/q_7 ... b2b71892f5
We can see it's eye left behind the nest

and another time in Dale Hollow
2019-05-07_11h00_39.jpg
we can see its eyes just above the sleeping eaglets (left of the right trunc)

:huggie:
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Sunnybird1995

Post by Sunnybird1995 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:02 am

:ty:
Thank you for all the posts and updates on the other nests.

I got in trouble for posting a link before. . .
So if you go to your favorite video site and SEARCH for "Harriet" and the next holiday you will see a very clever video.
Less than 4 min. and will certainly brighten your day. :%:
Happy Mother's Day dear Harriet. :rh:
Still looking for E9 :rh: October 12, 2019
Harriet Forever :brknhrt: March 2023

NestFriend

Post by NestFriend » Tue May 07, 2019 9:18 am

Sorry for being away all these days. I’ve been keeping track of all that’s been happening in other nest thanks to you all :hug:

Sunnybird, I’ll try to find it...I need a laugh! :roll: and a good cup of coffee. Too many things and too little time.

I just saw this tribute by Roberto D for season 7 in FB and had to share it with my friends here. I didn’t post it on the other site because this season is not really over. E12 is still with us and delighting us with her presence

Enjoy, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U3Q8kEU72jY&feature=share
:grhug:
Mimi

"Nothing positive will come from being negative,
and nothing negative will come from being positive."

laniebelle

Post by laniebelle » Tue May 07, 2019 2:18 pm

Hi, Mimi! Thanks, Sunnybird for the clues to that great video. I'm not sure why you couldn't post something from YouTube, but I do remember seeing that "Bad Mama Jama" video before, and it's a really cute one.
Laniebelle
follow: Decorah, DNN, SWFEC, NEFL, AEF DC, FSV, Berry, Trio, Standley Lake, Big Bear, Smola

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Tue May 07, 2019 3:47 pm

It is so nice . I have been watching e12 just sitting on the attic branch for a very long time. A repreive from the long hot day. Can't blame you for staying in that open breeze for so long. Will this be the last time we see you or will you be gon
e in the morning.

laniebelle

Post by laniebelle » Tue May 07, 2019 5:38 pm

Here's an interesting article from Audubon about bill-wiping, or as we say, feaking:
Here’s Why Birds Rub Their Beaks on Stuff
https://tinyurl.com/y4bm8tcr
Laniebelle

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Wed May 08, 2019 1:05 am

NestFriend wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:18 am
Sorry for being away all these days. I’ve been keeping track of all that’s been happening in other nest thanks to you all :hug:

Sunnybird, I’ll try to find it...I need a laugh! :roll: and a good cup of coffee. Too many things and too little time.

I just saw this tribute by Roberto D for season 7 in FB and had to share it with my friends here. I didn’t post it on the other site because this season is not really over. E12 is still with us and delighting us with her presence

Enjoy, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U3Q8kEU72jY&feature=share
:grhug:
awww
great vidéo, great music...

:cry1: I love it. so many emotions

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Wed May 08, 2019 11:03 am

Nestfriend I think we have all been busy. Sad enough. But what other nest is keeping you busy? There are so many nests. If e12 gets hungry enough and realizes the nest does not provide the food I think she will find her independence.

Hard to believe are nests that just have hatches now. H&M have their eaglets so early.

Now all we need is for e13 to come back. Wouldn't that be something. You'll figure it out somehow e12. Brother is gone parents not feeding you what to think my little one so much to take in

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Wed May 08, 2019 3:02 pm

I know once again. but...
love these 2. I hope they both fledge. this is my first time with 2 eaglets on this nest.
they're close from bald eagles but different in many ways. fiercer, we can see that on bonkings.
eaglets can stay very long in nest area after fledge. 2017 Eaglet solo left at 9 months 1/2 and he's doing great, he visited his parents a few months ago.
last year eaglet Elida left at 5 months 1/2 old.
and of course they have a different colouring.

White tailed eagles nest in Norway. chick #1 is 13 days old, left, chick #2 is 11 days old, right.
FB_IMG_1557347793646.jpg

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Sun May 12, 2019 2:10 am

Pascale wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:02 pm
I know once again. but...
love these 2. I hope they both fledge. this is my first time with 2 eaglets on this nest.
they're close from bald eagles but different in many ways. fiercer, we can see that on bonkings.
eaglets can stay very long in nest area after fledge. 2017 Eaglet solo left at 9 months 1/2 and he's doing great, he visited his parents a few months ago.
last year eaglet Elida left at 5 months 1/2 old.
and of course they have a different colouring.

White tailed eagles nest in Norway. chick #1 is 13 days old, left, chick #2 is 11 days old, right.

FB_IMG_1557347793646.jpg
Beautiful guys, Pascale !
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”