Screech Hollow

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

Woodlands Bleu

Re: Screech Hollow

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:54 pm

I thought you would like a picture of Giget and Andi having fun (only Andi was swimming, Giget was splashed). Giget is currently, but will change, not a fan of the pool.
carolyn
Attachments
DSC_5899.jpg
An upside down dog is a happy dog dreaming sweet dreams.
carolyn

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:30 pm

Monday July 4 , 2022
Sunset with thanks to Agnes Cl for bigger
screenshot_01.png
screenshot_02.png
Taken from her deck over looking the water !

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:14 am

Beautiful Bev....thank you for spreading the joy.
carolyn
carolyn

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:32 am

You are welcome Carolyn!
~ Under the deck CL for bigger
screenshot_01.png

Beautiful Robin Eggs !

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:51 pm

Bev, that is quite a treasure. Robin's eggs are gorgeous......hope for successful hatch and fledge.
carolyn
carolyn

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:00 pm

Carolyn Two have Hatched
screenshot_04.png
screenshot_05.png

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:31 pm

This is Mom Robins third clutch .. she started early in the Spring .....
Clutch #1 3 fledged successfully # 2 Crow took the chicks .... Mom Ronin is down on the grass right now trying to chase a snake away ..
She did it.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:53 pm

Wow - amazing that they are nesting where you can see them! Thanks for posting the pictures, Bev, and I wish them good luck! :love:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:00 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:53 pm
Wow - amazing that they are nesting where you can see them! Thanks for posting the pictures, Bev, and I wish them good luck! :love:

You are welcome Judy! They are between the boards under Agnes's Deck up high in her back yard Facing the water . She has door of her Kitchen / living room Upper level of her home to the deck, she keeps me posted and I go there a lot also . lots of trees in her yard also ..
Humming Birds at the feeder on her deck also .

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:03 am

Good Morning
Beautiful Hibiscus on Agnes's deck CL for bigger
screenshot_01.png

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:43 am

Amazing story Bev. I am glad many fledge and grow successfully....must be such fun to see. I hope all three this time do well.

Hi Judy too....Giget was spayed on Friday and has a big blue cone which terrifies Andi. I't a hoot! Andi does not want anything to do with the cone and goes all around and then Giget will turn and follow her so that Andi will go in a corner and hide. :) If the cone is off all is well. Giget is staying little, currently about 32 lbs. I am not sure how much more she will grow, but maybe to 40 or a bit more. She is very red and reminds me of Bleu (now how does a red dog remind me of Bleu?). Albeit she is an incorriglble puppy...at least now all cats have accepted her.

That is a beautiful hibiscus Bev. Ours are doing fairly well, it's so hot that most plants are struggling. What is cool is that a flock of birds love our Lantana bush and fly in and out of it.
That be all,
Enjoy your Sunday,
carolyn
carolyn

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:55 am

Giget and Andi sound like such fun - thanks for the update, carolyn! Hopefully Giget won't need the blue cone much longer. :hug:

We apparently have a musical chipmunk (shown here with large peanut - it's amazing how much they can put in their cheeks!).
IMG_2269.JPEG

The "rest of the story" - that's an old chord organ that my parents bought when I was a kid (Mom could play piano and taught me enough that I could play it - easier for small hands because you just push a button for the left hand chord instead of putting your fingers is awkward positions). We rescued it from the attic when we were cleaning out my brother's house (which was our family home - and I'd been storing stuff in the attic for years) - and because it smelled like it had been in an attic for 40+ years (and I wasn't positive there weren't mice somewhere inside) we left it on the porch for the winter, with plastic for some protection from the elements. It does still make noise, so I figured we'd eventually find a way to get inside it and clean the contacts and see if it would work - though that may never happen, but it gave us time to think about it.

Anyway, we do have chipmunks around, and do put out peanuts - and apparently one of them sometimes hides in the cabinet, and occasionally we see the little one when we go out the kitchen door which opens onto the porch. I've suggested we call him "Chip" Corea after jazz pianist Chick Corea - but Charlie is leaning toward Thelonious "Munk" (after jazz musician Thelonious Monk) or Felonious Munk (the stage name of a comedian, actor and playwright I don't know much about) - and "Chip" isn't really a felon - we leave the peanuts for him to find! :love:
IMG_2299.JPEG
IMG_2300.JPEG

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:13 am

Thanks Carolyn . I also had dogs hat needed to wear he collar .. ..not fun for them. Hope Gidget won't for long .
Judy the Chipmunk is so cute and seems to really enjoy the Chord Organ.. what a cutie ,, Both names are great .. Chip is great . I hope it is OK if I send Agnes the picture .. :)
:hug: to you and Carolyn .. thanks for sharing .

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:54 pm

Hi Judy ~ Agnes loved Chip :love:
screenshot_01.png
screenshot_01.png
We both loved your story . :grhug:

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:13 pm

Oh my gosh Judy, that is a great story! Thank you. I like both names Chip and Munk. I love that you put peanuts for the little one to find. I love chipmunks but my cats chased them off in NJ and have not seen any here. The best sightings I have had were Road Runners, which are precious.

My granddaughter Lori got the part of Dorothy in her summer stock production, totally surprising her, since she did not audition for it. She is doing well with it. Please think of her next Saturday when they have their productions. I am thrilled for her, she is working hard on it. I am sure you realize the show is The Wizard of Oz.

Giget is now teasing Andi with the cone, evil puppy. She is great and yes, Judi, their antics are hysterical. We give them tons of walking and other exercise, kind of necessary.

Oh, I love the old organ....I play accordion which also is kind of like that in left hand usage. (I no long have an accordion). I have really enjoyed these conversations, thank you both.
carolyn
carolyn

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”