Screech Hollow

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Re: Screech Hollow

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:27 am

THURSDAY JULY 28, 2022

Robin Chicks Standing , Wing Flapping , getting ready to leave :)
screenshot_01.png
screenshot_02.png
TY Agnes ! :hug:

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:19 am

Wow, they grow so fast! I think they only hatched about 2 weeks ago! Thanks for all the pictures, Bev, and please thank Agnes for the videos. :love:

Your granddaughter's show sounds like fun, carolyn - and very complicated to stage - wow!

Charlie's been working with the pictures of the chipmunk who visits our porch - meet the Felonious Munk Jazz Band! (clicks bigger)
Chippy Jazz Band.jpg

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:46 am

WOW! Judy! .. what a beautiful picture :) I will have to send that to Agnes. !

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:30 pm

Wow, I love all the pictures. That of the Robins and the chipmunk jazz band! Thank you both for the fun.

Lori's show was wonderful and my daughter truly enjoyed being Show Coordinator. That was a first for her and a big job. The theater group has the next show in another location with a different cast. They do it four times so lots of children get to do Summer Stock (ages 8 to 15). Lori did a duet with Glinda and the girl who played Glinda is her best friend....that was stupendous and probably the only time such a thing will ever happen.

Thank you both Bev and Judy.....fun.
carolyn
An upside down dog is a happy dog dreaming sweet dreams.
carolyn

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:38 pm

Woodlands Bleu wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:30 pm
Wow, I love all the pictures. That of the Robins and the chipmunk jazz band! Thank you both for the fun.

Lori's show was wonderful and my daughter truly enjoyed being Show Coordinator. That was a first for her and a big job. The theater group has the next show in another location with a different cast. They do it four times so lots of children get to do Summer Stock (ages 8 to 15). Lori did a duet with Glinda and the girl who played Glinda is her best friend....that was stupendous and probably the only time such a thing will ever happen.

Thank you both Bev and Judy.....fun.
carolyn

You are welcome Carolyn .. Great that your daughter was Show Cordinator
No surprise she did so well :) Great for her and the children It is wonderful what they are doing for all the children

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:46 pm

i have newsFrom Agnes

Re the Robin Chicks .One Fledged yesterday .. the other one today , :bravo: :hooray:

Mom Robin started a new nest not far from the other one under the floor of the deck and it has one egg in so far . :woohoo:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:59 pm

SUNDAY JULY 31, 2022

Three Eggs in Mom Robins Nest ...... She is the Tree chirping at Agnes BBQ on her deck'..like I am watching you :love:
Her eggs are in the nest under the floor of her deck

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:30 pm

Thank you Bev for your comments, Judy too.....This is a wonderful group that puts on shows and although a lot of work, worth it. Parents are required to participate in some manner, not small jobs. It works well.

I love the Robin story, happy fledglings! And I hope the three new eggs do well too. She (mama Robin) certainly wastes no time. I am glad to see a "revializing" of this thread, it warms my heart.

My son and his family are traveling and have had some wonderful experiences. They got to swim in the Atlantic Ocean (in NJ) and tomorrow go to an Island on Lake Erie which is a State Park. They live in Dallas area. They will also get to see their eldest daughter on the way back who lives in Kansas with her husband and his family (best friends with that family). Anna is due with her baby in early September. That is exciting! I will be a Great Grandma, which is cool. My son is getting his head wrapped around becoming a grandfather. :) Life goes on and is fun if you look at it that way.
Smiles and joy to you,
carolyn
carolyn

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:49 pm

2022 Cam Maintenance
Matching Drive

Hi everyone!

It's certainly been an unusual nesting season - but one thing remains the same:

We need your help so we can be prepared to see what happens next.

The first $1000 in donations toward our cam maintenance fund drive will be matched by long-time supporters of Hancock Wildlife - so the time to donate is now!

I may take a bit of a look back in another post - but now I'd like to look ahead to our plans and hopes for next year - and how you can help us get there. :thumlft:

While we all miss Dad Trooper at Delta 2, I'm looking forward to watching Ma Delta teach DM (Delta Male) how to be a good mate and with luck a good dad to the little chicks we hope to see them raise together in the new nest we'll be building for them, with big thanks to everyone who donated to our GoFundMe drive.

The French Creek eagles raised two chicks in 2022 - though they didn't use the nest with the cam and, even if they had, the cam went offline before the nesting season got underway. Ever the optimist, I'm hoping we'll be able to get the cam streaming again, and at the very least see the adults and maybe next year's fledglings visit the nest with a cam - and just maybe they'll decide it's time for a change and move to the nest with the cam!

Mom Dimple and Dad Duffer finally produced eggs in 2022 after three years together at Harrison Mills, but were disrupted by an intruder during the incubation. I really want to see them raising little chicks next year - and I think it will happen, and very much hope that we'll be able to replace the cams that are no longer working so we'll be able to see them raise their first chicks together.

A young pair of eagles took over the Surrey Reserve nest for the 2022 season, and weren't ready to nest then, but I think they are now - and we're looking forward to watching SM and SF (Surrey Male and Surrey Female) learn how to raise the tiny chicks we hope they will have. This is the only nest that doesn't need major work - but it would be nice to get the cams cleaned - and to do the preventive maintenance needed to make sure they keep working.

The White Rock pair had a sad year in 2022, losing their chicks when they were a little more than six weeks old - and I'm hoping we'll be able to see them come back with another successful season (they've successfully fledged 14 young eagles so far). One of the cameras at the nest they appear to be preparing for next year is in danger of falling after one of the straps holding it broke, so we are hoping to be able to fix that quickly.

The screenshot above is Ma Delta feeding her tiny eaglets in 2019 - and I would love to have five pictures like this, one from each of our nests, at this time next year. :love:

Naturally, the eagles will have a say in that - but we need to get functioning cams securely fastened at as many nests as possible in the month or so while the eagles are generally away in search of salmon.

We'll be posting additional information about the work we'd like to do at the various nests soon, but we really do need donations now so we can start reserving lifts and scheduling climbers and hopefully buying a few new cams. And remember - the first $1000 in donations will be matched - so if you adopt a nest for $250, HWF will receive $500!

We've tried to answer some of the common questions about donating here - All About Donating - and please feel free to PM me if you have other questions or concerns.

Thank You!

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:09 am

Thank you Judy for that post.

I am currently waiting for my granddaughter to have her baby......which will make me a great grandmother! Wow!
carolyn
carolyn

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:01 pm

Woodlands Bleu wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:09 am
Thank you Judy for that post.

I am currently waiting for my granddaughter to have her baby......which will make me a great grandmother! Wow!
carolyn
Wow indeed - time sure does fly by! :love:

Are they nearby or will it be a while before you meet the new addition to the family?

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:30 pm

Thank you Judy!
My granddaughter lives in Kansas with her husband (not nearby). She actually lives on a farm and even has her own cow, raised since a calf. They live with her in laws big family so she left her big family in Plano TX to his big family in Kansas. They are very happy.

The baby arrived today at 1:20 8 lbs 8 oz and no name as of yet.....a girl. I am thrilled for them. We'll probably be having a road trip at some time (I would love to see the farm since I have heard so much about it). My DIL is up there right now and helping for a few more days.
Life does fly on.....
carolyn
carolyn

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:06 pm

Earlier this month, I took a couple of pictures of the full moon. I was surprised that I could get so much detail with a fairly modest camera (click to full size and look at the upper right).
IMG_4277a.JPG

I also took a couple of fun shots of trees silhouetted against the moon - the camera naturally focused on the tree, so while the moon is a lovely color, it's not quite as sharp.
IMG_4279a.JPG

I'm reasonably good at editing pictures - but my husband Charlie is a whole lot better. He was able to combine them. But being the creative person he is - he didn't stop there:
4277Moon-5aWEB_CI.jpg

I especially love the owl. :love: And the little black cat with her person. :love: And the bat's not bad! :mihihi:

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:39 pm

Your pictures are wonderful Judy! :) I especially like what Charlie did, how perfect. It's a joy to come in here and see such fun.
By the way, my new great granddaughter's name is unusual, Feronia, after the patron saint of their church. It' actually Greek/Romanian. She is doing well.

All is good here except for incorrigible puppy who finds things to chew that she should not. This too will pass, or so I hope.

Bev, how are you? I miss your smiling presence (i inserted the smile as you always have one).
Hugs to you both, and anyone else who might choose to lurk,
carolyn
down here in Texas
Attachments
DSC_6120.JPG
carolyn

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:49 pm

Thank You so much Carolyn and Judy :grhug:
I love all your pictures and posts....
Carolyn I love the name for the baby :D
Sorry I am not here more.. busy on the nest threads and with Family .

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”