Screech Hollow

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

Woodlands Bleu

Re: Screech Hollow

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:03 pm

Merry Christmas to you all.....Judy and Bev it's a busy week, full of laughter, screaming and fun (and tears from little ones) but wonderful. I wish for you the same, love and laughter.

Judy, you and Charlie look wonderful! Bev, salt and pepper is perfect. i have one granddaughter, out of 12, who looks almost exactly like me except for her nose. It is so bizarre since most of my son's children have very dark, almost black hair, but hers is blondish and face like mine. I guess when you get to #7 the odds went that way. Genetics is a cool thing.

My pups are exhausted and will have another day to exhaust themselves again.....perfect. Little Giget decided to climb up in the rocker and go to sleep and everyone said "oh how cute" and let her stay, silly spoiled rotten almost 1 year old puppy. Andi followed me around from room to room and she just just had her 6th birthday. We sang her Happy Birthday. She slept through it.

Enjoy and spread the joy, from down here in very cold Texas (the low was 16 degrees). .......
hugs,
carolyn
An upside down dog is a happy dog dreaming sweet dreams.
carolyn

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:07 pm

Thank You Carolyn for your post and sharing so much with us.. Family is wonderful. My Mom and Dad had 7 children . Twins and 5 other. . We all had Black and or Brown hair ... except one of my sisters had Red/ Blonde hair and one boy had the same ..

I had a wonderful day with my family . Agnes cooked a Turkey dinner for al. By all I mean her family . Me and Tims Mom .
We are going to visit my brother, his wife and son.

Wishing you and Judy the best of this season..
Love, Peace , Joy and Hugs to all :grhug:

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:58 am

Hi Carolyn and Judy
Our first Snow.. Agnes made a Big Snow Man..Cl for bigger
screenshot_01.png
Hugs Bev
PS It is like a Winter Wonderland here.. All the trees are covered with snow also ~

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:21 am

Good Morning and Happy Sunday....
Bev, I adore Aghes' snowman, he is so cute! Your winter wonderland is special and warms the heart. We have had ups and downs in weather, sometimes cold, sometimes too warm. A lot of plants died in the freeze and we will wait to see if they really died or will come back like last time. It's just delightful most days for long walks which my pups adore.

Happy January to both of you too!

Snowman on my porch,
stay right where you are,
please if you leave do not go far,
then you would fit into a jar?

carolyn
carolyn

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:28 am

Thank you Carolyn !Agnes made it for Kyles Birthday .. He is 22 now and Agnes had a Dinner PARTY for him.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:49 am

It is Sunny here today..... melting snow on the trees .. Not Mr SnowMan :D

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:30 pm

Sun shinging on snow is beautiful Bev. Enjoy it while it lasts. Happy Birthday to Kyle!
hugs,
carolyn
carolyn

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:22 pm

FRIDAY MARCH 17, 2023

HAPPY SAINT PATRICK" S DAY EVERYONE
screenshot_01.png
HUGS Bev

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:17 am

Lovely.......thank you Bev. We live near Clover Park and our yard is full of clover this time of year. Just a fun fact.
carolyn
carolyn

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:18 am

You are welcome Carolyn and thanks for sharing .... I love clover :huggie:

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:07 am

A Sunday morning laugh for you.....a story of my 6 year old Goldendoodle Andi and my 1 year old Goldendoodle who looks exactly like a small 40 lb Irish Setter or a small Golden Retriever, but not a Goldendoodle (she is adorable)......

Andi is smart, she has her ways. If Giget decides to go and sleep in Andi's bed that is fine, but.....Andi goes and gets a toy and squeaks it immediately if not sooner. Now, bear in mind there are lots of toys, but any toy that Andi has is the one Giget has to have so Giget will hop up to get the toy, which she does. Then Andi calmly walks over and takes the bed.

#2 If Giget climbs on my husband's lap which she loves to do, Andi will again immediately if not sooner go and get a precious toy.....Giget not being able to stand it will squirm and try to get down and eventually does to go get the toy. She gets it and Andi walks off with a satisfied grin, job done.
enjoy,
carolyn
carolyn

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:31 am

Thank you Carolyn for sharing that .. Dogs are so smart :thumlft: This made me smile :huggie:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:15 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDY

screenshot_02.png

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY and all the best in the year ahead

Love, Hugs and Prayers , Bev.

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:55 am

Have a super Happy Birthday Judy......you are a light on this forum......

Dreaming of eaglets to be coming soon,
from whence or where who knows,
yet, on some nest somewhere a chick will be born,
and we will think of you, Judy.........

Thank you for all you do.....I hope your beautiful Maine is glistening in Spring, or about
to be sprung.....
carolyn
carolyn

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:51 pm

Thank you, Bev and carolyn, for the birthday wishes!

The picture of the flowers is beautiful, Bev! We're beginning to see crocuses and snowdrops on our walks around the neighborhood, and I think it won't be long before we begin to see more flowers (though we probably will have a few more snow flurries first). I think I'm ready for spring!

And what a wonderful poem, carolyn! I've been watching our new pair at Surrey Reserve, now named Brit (F) and Rey (M) as they care for their eggs, and they are learning so fast! I suspect there may be a few scary moments when they discover that the round things they've been sleeping on for the last month are moving around and peeping and demanding food - but I do think they've got this. :love:

I'm realizing it's been a while since I've been here - I love the snowman, Bev, and Andi sure is a clever dog, carolyn!

Thanks again, and big hugs to you both! :hug:

PS - I actually got a birthday card from the blue jays we've been feeding on the porch. At least I think it must be from them - there was a beautiful picture of a blue jay on the front, and the return address looked a lot like a bird's footprint. It is the strangest thing - it said "Happy Birthday" inside, and their writing is very similar to Charlie's! Perhaps he's been giving them lessons! :mihihi:

Here's a picture of one of the peanuts collecting some peanuts - I did not know until I saw this and researched it that jays have a pouch where they can store food temporarily, allowing them to gobble up more seeds at a trip to the feeder - if you look closely you'll see the jay has one peanut in their beak - and a second one sticking up out of the pouch!

Bluejay2PeanutsCropped.jpg

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”