Screech Hollow

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Re: Screech Hollow

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:04 pm

TUESDAY , APRIL 7 , 2020
screenshot_29.jpg
Cl. for bigger
screenshot_30.jpg
This brought back so many memories of when I lived in Cape Breton.. all good .. :love:

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:41 am

And me too....Thank you Bev....I miss Cape Breton, it is just almost beyond words. Truly one of the places where I would love to go back again (and should have on our last visit -stopped by time and distance).

Standing and watching eagles soar in the Highlands, watching whales in a little boat, with the captain, flocking around the boat, hiking in the Highlands, my husband eating bowl after bowl of seafood chowder (he loves it), and the great outdoors along with swimming in the Atlantic Ocean on a beach fed by fresh water also, glorious and in St. Johns Bay in cool, delightful water, but I hear tell the warmest water North of the Carolinas, unreal. And then of course the incredible Bay of Fundy with the unbelievable tides which could power the entire earth.

You are blessed to be in Nova Scotia, Bev.. Frankly though it is gorgeous here too and I am blessed to have moved here going on 22 years ago, could not have landed in a better place (albeit would prefer some seasons and less heat).

And JudyB, Maine is glorious too....you are blessed to be there.
carolyn
An upside down dog is a happy dog dreaming sweet dreams.
carolyn

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:37 pm

Happy Easter to friends far and wide here on this thread and who have been on this thread.
Love to all of you,
carolyn
carolyn

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:58 pm

HAPPY EASTER everyone !

screenshot_03.jpg

Love , Hugs and Prayers

Bev .

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Sat May 02, 2020 4:28 am

Happy Birthday Bev....A special day for you which we hope will be filled with flowers, food, family, and lots of eagles/osprey/wildlife near and far. Enjoy.....with love,
carolyn
carolyn

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat May 02, 2020 7:47 pm

Thank You Carolyn .. my birthday was perfect.. different but wonderful..had a beautiful dinner .. family gave me flowers ..Agnes made me a beautiful cake and decorated my windows on the outside with balloons .. Late here... I will post more tomorrow . :nite:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun May 03, 2020 7:00 pm

My Flowers
screenshot_01.jpg
Close Up
screenshot_02.jpg

I am blessed, we are all healthy and safe .. that for me is the best :rh:

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Sun May 03, 2020 7:37 pm

Healthy, safe and blessed....all the best.

Yesterday, for the first time in months we went to our daughter's house (about 30 min away), sat on their porch covered with fans blowing, outside and had fajitas with them. We have not seen them except in their car to wish us Happy Anniversary and Bill's birthday the same due to social distancing until yesterday. They were well and we too so we went for it. It was wonderful! We had been depressed as they had and it turned everything around. Our son and his family are much father away about 5 hours but I try to call them to chat just to keep up. This time frame has been difficult. They have loosened up some restrictions in Texas and I pray that it will not backfire and people will keep being careful (albeit a lot of folks do not believe it matters). Wisdom is not easily won.
hugs and love,
carolyn
carolyn

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:46 pm

JudyB...I did it! Here is a picture of Andi, my mini goldendoodle. We are not going to continue with pet therapy due to Covid but she greets lots of people here otherwise. :) We still have Bleu, now 13 and doing well.
carolyn
DSC_0189-1.jpg
carolyn

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:12 pm

2020 Cam Maintenance
Matching Drive

It's hard to believe that the fluffy little eaglets we first met in April are already flying around - and at least one of them is already half-way up the coast of British Columbia, feasting on salmon at one of the rivers with early salmon runs. The rest will be heading out soon, which will give us a brief window to clean the cameras, check the wiring and do any additional projects near the nests. Only one of our nests is currently sponsored (big thanks to Russ Cmolik for donating a new close-up cam for White Rock!) so we are asking those who enjoy the cams to help us get them ready for next year. We know life this year is different for many of us - but if you can help, we would really appreciate it.

We have some big plans - two new cams for White Rock, replacement domes at Surrey Reserve and Delta 2, and hopefully getting to the bottom of the connectivity issue that keeps taking the South cam at Harrison Mills offline - and there will be some large expenses if we're going to do it all. We'll need a lift to get people up to the cams at White Rock and possibly at Delta, and the tree at Harrison Mills is very tall, requiring a professional climbing team if we are to do any work on the cams themselves.

If we can raise $10,000, we should be able to do the most essential work at most of the nests. And happily some friends of the eagles have pledged to match the first $1250 raised in the next three days - so if you adopt Delta 2, Harrison Mills, Surrey Reserve or White Rock for next year for $250, Hancock Wildlife will get $500!

The easiest way to adopt a nest is to
  • go to the "Donations" page on our website (https://hancockwildlife.org/donations/ - or click the button below)
  • click the "Donate via CanadaHelps Now!" link
  • enter the amount of your donation ($250 to adopt the nest of your choice for the coming year)
  • pick "Adopt a Nest" from the Fund list
  • use the message box to say which nest you are adopting and how you would like your name to be listed
  • fill in your contact information and credit card details, and
  • click "Complete Donation Now"

And if this isn't a good time for adopting a nest, you can also make a donation of any amount to the "Eagle Cams/General Repairs" fund or you can make a monthly donation by changing the highlighted box at the top of the page from "Donate Now" to "Donate Monthly" (the first month's donation is eligible to be matched). Many of the funds have a suggested amount - but that is just a suggestion. The amount you put in the Amount box is what you'll donate.

You don't need to be in Canada to use CanadaHelps - and the rate of exchange right now is favorable to those of us in the United States - a donation of $250 Canadian dollars is currently less than $200 US dollars, so if you give $250 through CanadaHelps (or PayPal), HWF gets $250 Canadian dollars, and the cost to you is based on the current rate of exchange.

You can also use the other methods on the Donations page, but it's not as easy to provide all the information, so if you're sending a check or planning to give a donation directly to someone at HWF, please let me ([email protected]) or gemini ([email protected]) know a donation is coming so it gets included in the matching drive.

And if you have any questions about any of this, please do contact me or gemini and we'll be happy to help.

Thank You!

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:25 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROLYN ! :hug:

screenshot_02.jpg

Have a wonderful day !

Hugs ,
Bev.

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:31 am

Wow, thank you, what a surprise! Bev, we had one of those trees outside our house (when I was growing up with my parents) in Teaneck, NJ, with blue flowers. You have made my day. :)
carolyn
carolyn

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:20 am

You are welcome Carolyn ..... I love Hydrangeas also .. we also had a pink and white one in front of our home in North Sydney ... enjoy your day :hug:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:50 pm

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2020

Hi everyone.. hope you enjoy these :)

I am posting this here because they made me smile :) From tweet with thank to Adam Hill and I remember being there when I lived in Caped Breton . :love:
Adam Hill
@AdamHillPhoto
·
Oct 28
The photographic possibilities of #Franey mountain don’t stop at the top! The whole hike is gorgeous!
screenshot_23.jpg
screenshot_24.jpg
This is the beautiful Margree Valley from Oct.14 ..thank you Adam Hill
a
screenshot_25.jpg

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:20 pm

A very belated Happy Birthday, carolyn - or perhaps I should go with Happy Birth Month! :love:

And lovely pictures - thanks, Bev! There are still some trees here with lovely colors, but more that have lost their leaves.

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”