Screech Hollow

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Re: Screech Hollow

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:57 pm

You are very welcome Judy and thanks for sharing that :hug:

OSAgnes bought me those Flowers

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:30 pm

Thank you Judy for your note, and Bev for the flower picture. Agnes certainly gives you the most beautiful flowers! We have roses blooming in our yard at this point. I particularly love the yellow ones. This was a rough year as a short freeze made us lose a lot so we had to start over with new plants and hopefully they will do well over time. :)

I love your blue jay story. They are intelligent, but somehow I wonder just a tad about that card and from whence it might have come. ;) Charlie is wonderful with his little joyful thoughts and moments.

The blue jays say they indeed write it without dispute, as they are not blue jays of ill repute who make up stories.
Thanks for the laugh.
carolyn
An upside down dog is a happy dog dreaming sweet dreams.
carolyn

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Fri May 05, 2023 9:55 am

Happy Belated Birthday to our wonderful, delightful, in my mind never aging friend, Bev. It was May 2. We send love, hugs, prayers, eagles, orspreys, robins, dogs barking, cats meowing, birds chirping and sunshine to you.
Love,
Carolyn
carolyn

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Fri May 05, 2023 6:48 pm

Thank You somuch Carolyn :hug: Love, Hugs and Prayers Bev
Thank You Judy B for the wonderful E Card Love, Hugs and Prayers Bev

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:06 am

Hi all
screenshot_03.png

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:27 pm

Good Morning Judy and Carolyn
screenshot_01.png

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:51 am

JULY 13, 2023
From Agnes

Mom Robin under my Deck had 3 clutches for a total of 9 baby Robins .. they fledged

Mom Robin never came back

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:34 am

2023 Cam Maintenance
Matching Drive

It's that time of year - Vic at the White Rock nest fledged on July 12, and sibling Uni waited almost a week before fledging on July 18. Lof from Surrey Reserve is a week or so younger, and is beginning to get some height while flapping - I think it won't be long before we see her (or maybe him) trying out some of the branches! We know there's a chick at the Delta nest on the electrical tower, but without a cam, are not sure how close he or she is to fledging. We did lose an eaglet this year - brave, feisty Tyr from Surrey Reserve had some health and mobility issues but seemed to be doing okay although growing more slowly than most until suddenly he wasn't; I'll be adopting the Surrey nest for next year in memory of Tyr. :rh:

As I watch Lof moving around on the nest with wings held wide, I realize it will seem like just a hop, skip and a jump from now - and this year's eaglets will be off on their great adventure - and it will be time for us to get into as many nests as possible to clean the cams and do other needed maintenance.

We need your help so we can be prepared to see what happens next.

The first $1000 in donations toward our cam maintenance fund drive will be matched by long-time supporters of Hancock Wildlife - so the time to donate is now!

We'll have more details soon, but I know we'd like to have the cams at Surrey Reserve cleaned (which will cost around $1000) and it would be wonderful if we could get a cam at Delta that looks at the nest the eagles are using, as well as continuing to keep an eye on the one we'd like them to use (estimated cost $5-6000). We focused on the cams at White Rock last year, so unless there's an issue, we probably will skip them this year and plan to focus on them next year. There's a chance for a new cam at Harrison Mills, but we think the eagles have moved, so would need to find them or decide to focus on the eagles that fish in the river. And there may be other cams in the works!

If we can raise $7,000, we should be able to do the most essential work at Surrey Reserve and Delta. And with the matching drive, if you adopt Delta 2, Surrey Reserve or White Rock for next year for $250, Hancock Wildlife will get $500! Please note that adopting a nest is a sign of support for that nest, and we'll be using the funds where they are most needed - so please adopt White Rock if it's your favorite nest even though we probably won't need to do maintenance there this year - or adopt Harrison Mills, and we'll add your name there if we manage to get a camera there, or check with you a little later so you can choose to adopt a different nest or one of our tagged eagles with trackers.

The easiest way to adopt a nest is to
  • go to the "Donations" page on our website (https://hancockwildlife.org/donations/ - or click the button below)
  • click the "Donate via CanadaHelps Now!" link
  • enter the amount of your donation ($250 to adopt the nest of your choice for the coming year)
  • pick "Adopt a Nest" from the Fund list
  • use the message box to say which nest (or tagged eagle) you are adopting and how you would like your name to be listed
  • fill in your contact information and credit card details, and
  • click "Complete Donation Now"
We've tried to answer some of the common questions about donating here - All About Donating - and please feel free to PM me or email me ([email protected]) or gemini ([email protected]) if you have other questions or concerns.

Thank You!

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:56 pm

TY gemini I Adopted 4 Nests

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:19 pm

JULY 25 From Agnes
4 Baby Robins under the Deck

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:09 pm

4 Robins Fledged :woohoo:

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:06 pm

Happy Labor Day.....just thought I would pop in to say Hi. It's been a brutal summer in Texas with no rain. We are crossing fingers for better. I hope all of you, or those of you, have had a nice Summer and looking forward to Fall.

Bev, congrats on adopting 4 nests! You are a trooper. i hope the robins who fledged are doing well. Our bird feeder is alive and happy with cardinals, wrens, blue jays, chickadees, flickers of all kinds and lots of fun action. It's fabulous to watch Mieko watch them from inside twitching her tail happily as they move. We put new decals on the windows to avoid collisions, thankfully working.

Take care, be safe and enjoy, while spreading joy.
carolyn
carolyn

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:37 pm

TY CAROLYM

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:50 pm

CAROLYN WE ALL DO WHAT WE CAN :huggie:

WE ARE HAVING A BEAUTIFUL SUMMER

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:03 am

Thank you for your posts Bev. It is wonderful to hear you had a good Summer. Blessings up to you,
carolyn
carolyn

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”