Screech Hollow

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

Tweet Dreams

Re: Screech Hollow

Post by Tweet Dreams » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:11 pm

Thanks Judy and Bev for info on new site! I’m here and will post when I am able!
Jean

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:50 pm

Tweet Dreams wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:11 pm
Thanks Judy and Bev for info on new site! I’m here and will post when I am able!
Jean
Hi Jean and welcome..... so happy to see you here.. :hug:

Goodnight Jean and to all our friends in the Hollow ... :grhug:

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

Grubby

Post by Grubby » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:49 am

Hello In The NEW Hollow....

Judy and Bev and all involved... thank you for your hard work!

Just making a quick fly by for now. I wanted to see if I could post anything. Our snow went away for almost 2 weeks then 2 days ago we got 5-6 inches and still flurrying. My Tulips were just barely coming up then it snowed. I planted 100 bulbs last Sept. Hope they all come up. Today is suppose to be my last PT session for my knee. I've been going for 5 months... 3 days a week. In that 5 months time I did miss 2 weeks because of waiting for the insurance to get back to me. I've had about 48 hours of PT. I am doing better after the Manulipuation almost 2 weeks ago. I'm not 100% but doing well.

I love ALL the photos you ladies have posted. I will post a photo of yesterday of the snow in the front yard. Have to get ready for PT. Hope everyone is well and keep safe out there if you have to drive in the snow!
OK Couldn't get my photo to appear... just got a small square box with the word IMAGE... will figure it out later... I hope. :dunno:
Diane---Michigan

No time like the present...
to do something pleasant!

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Welcome Diane .. :hug: . so happy to see you here .. we also had a nasty snow storm today and we lost our power.... and there is another on way for tomorrow.. having said that... we had good winter and the ground was bare .. until today.

Hope your PT is going well and sorry about your picture ... If you click on the Helpful Hints in my signature line ,there is great link there on How to Add Photos and many other links also ... Good Luck !

Good Night Diane to you and all in the Hollow.. :grhug:

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:11 am

Good Morning.....

I am so glad to see folks finding their way here...glad to see you Jean and Diane, and Bev, it's good that this is not just added more lots of snow like most years. :) We have azaleas blooming beautifully. It was funny watching my kitty Pebbles go to the top of the grandfather clock, then cry to get someone to pull the tall scratching post over so she could jump back. Then Mieko went on the perch below her and they played footsie. Mieko has the most beautiful thick non-shedding coat and very short.

Tomorrow Andi goes to be tested to become a therapy dog like Bleu. Bleu is now 11 and showing signs (strong ones) of wanting to be done with that part of her life and just play with Andi, walk and sleep and that is what should be right as she has earned it. If Andi passes I will likely retire Bleu although there is a glitch. One of the residents as me if I could bring her in on occasion and I am not sure if it would be a good idea or not, so thinking on it, pray for me for clarity. Bleu gets tired doing the getting into their minds kind of work.

Heck I will post a picture of my azaleas from another year, they look similar!
smiles and happy Friday....I find the new forum, must easier...once I figured out how to get to the last post in a thread (the little arrow next to the person's name who posted the one before)...and pictures I figured out by happenstance. Let's see if I can do it again.
carolyn
DSCN0007.JPG
An upside down dog is a happy dog dreaming sweet dreams.
carolyn

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:36 pm

HI Carolyn , Jean, Diane , Elaine , Pat and all who post here..

Thanks Carolyn for your informative post and picture of your azaleas.. ours don't bloom until much later ... anyway we are getting another snow event

It is like a Winter Wonderland out there ..our parking area was bare after Agnes and the boys shovelled it yesterday .
DSCN0691.jpg
DSCN0693.jpg
Hope you all are having a great day :)

Hugs
Bev

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:26 pm

A Smile for you all ..be sure the sound is up at the bottom right of the picture
https://twitter.com/misslaneym/status/9 ... 8943603712

Grubby

Post by Grubby » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:21 pm

Here is the snow pic I tried to post the other day... hope it works.
THANKS BEV... IT WORKED!

snow today.JPG
Diane---Michigan

No time like the present...
to do something pleasant!

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:32 am

SATURDAY, MARCH 10, 2018

Good Morning everyone !

Congratulations Elaine .. You did It :bravo: great picture ! :)

windsong
Topic Assistant

Post by windsong » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:42 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:26 pm
A Smile for you all ..be sure the sound is up at the bottom right of the picture
https://twitter.com/misslaneym/status/9 ... 8943603712
Bev, I just watched this and it sure did make me smile. Just goes to show animals love music too! Wow that was really cool. I guess she is a real pied piper. I bet those cows would follow her anywhere. :rh:
Fly like an eagle and touch the sky! - Pat
Member since 7/29/2016

Helpful Hints

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:17 pm

Good Afternoon....the therapy dog training went very well. It is most likely that Andi, at 14 months, passed. She just sat at my feet with all the dogs around and was a great girl. One of the trainers wants to get a dog like her and took the information about the breeder. Bleu, if this really happens, will semi retire, or actually even if not, will. That means she can go less times, less time at a time (way too many times, eh?). I was happily surprised after getting lost trying to find the place.

I adore the snow pictures. Diane, beautiful, Bev, gorgeous. We are way south of all y'all so Spring has definitely sprung here. Don'g forget Daylight Savings Time.......tonight. We, for two, are not ready for it and wish it would wait.

See you soon....
carolyn
carolyn

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:53 pm

SUNDAY, MARCH 11, 2018

You are welcome Pat..... and that is great news Carolyn about Andi :)

I was a beautiful day here after all the snow we had I had a great day and dinner with my family..... the boys are on March Break this week :) Family is the best :rh:

Sun setting at Peggy's Cove 6:54pm.taken from the webcam
screenshot_01.jpg
and from Peggy's cove Village at 6:55pm
screenshot_02.jpg
Good Night Diane , Jean, Carolyn, Pat , Elaine and all who peek in here. .. hope you all a good day ! :grhug:

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:22 pm

I love the Peggy's Cove picture Bev. You can see the "leftover" snow. When we were going to the airport in September we drove up to see if we could see it again, but it was mobbed (a ton of cruise ship tour buses) so we left and went to the airport to come home. That little area cannot handle all those folks.

We too had a great Sunday, long walk, some planting, and a surprise invite to dinner at Catherine's house. It was great to see them all after a bit of time. The kids were happy to see us. I even got to go "Big Bad Wolf" chasing with 4 year old Liam. We managed to chase out all of them from (a) the yard, (b) the garage and finally the imaginary one upstairs - Liam admitted that one did not exist. Have a great week.....P.S. You have to sing to Big Bad Wolf chase...you know the tune, sing along.
carolyn
carolyn

windsong
Topic Assistant

Post by windsong » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:43 pm

Carolyn great to hear Andi did so well. :thumlft:

Well all March is always unpredictable here. Snow today. When I left for work this morning I figured it wouldn't be that bad. Well 3in already and hasn't stopped. They closed the plant and sent us home early.

We got a new small cat tree for the kitties and placed it near the cat bed (planters) in the front window. Zoe loves it and thinks the top his hers alone.
IMG_20180311_122100842.jpg
IMG_20180311_122120906.jpg
IMG_20180311_122120906.jpg (29.14 KiB) Viewed 8355 times
IMG_20180311_131302913.jpg
Fly like an eagle and touch the sky! - Pat
Member since 7/29/2016

Helpful Hints

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:17 pm

karenbills wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:17 pm
David Hancock can be heard online today sometime between 3:30 p.m. and 4 p.m.

Try this link: On The Coast with Gloria Macarenko
I am posting this for Karen

Sorry, everyone. David forgot! I was contacted by the CBC producer who wondered where he was. I immediately called David who was working in his office!! He said, 'Where am I supposed to be?'! (That's our David!) I had him call the station and they have rescheduled for 4:30 p.m. PDT tomorrow (Tuesday).
Love the Kitties Pat :)

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”