Nesters

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

Debs
Forum Assistant

Re: Nesters

Post by Debs » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:49 am

Marg :bye 1: Glad to hear you are enjoying good weather :clap: I am so grateful our weather is holding! Yes i agree it is the best and safest environment for Doreen. :huggie:

Debs
Forum Assistant

Post by Debs » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:53 pm

Evening Nesters :bye 1:

My heart is heavy tonight ... our dear friend Doreen has passed away :brknhrt:

Doreen and her Bird.jpg
Doreen Wermers Salem New Hampshire.jpg

As you know Doreen has been very ill these past few months and her suffering ended the evening of October 28.

Doreen's sister Sharon has been contacting me regularly with updates but as we were on holidays i did not get her last message so she called me today. Sharon sounds so much like Doreen :rh: on the phone so when i first picked up the call i thought it was Doreen i so wish it was!

The service for Doreen is going to be held sometime after Thanksgiving no date set yet.

Doreen was a kind soul ... she had so many friends ... she had a way with people ... she lite up the room wherever she was and I know during her long nursing career her clients/patients adored her too ... she will be missed. I am going to miss our hour + long phone calls and no matter the challenges she faced ... even in her darkest days ... Doreen kept her wit and always saw the positive side ... i am going to miss that sunshine she brought into my life.

Doreen loved her time on the forum; she enjoyed the many friendships she had here ... and she loved watching and reporting on the birds!

Sharon said Doreen's cats have been adopted by a farm family ... the family recently lost their cat so they offered to take both cats ... they will be indoor pets and Doreen would love that they have been adopted together :wub:

I wanted to share these two pictures of Doreen :wub:

Doreen ... May you soar high and forever pain free my friend :rh: I already miss you buddy :wub:

Hugs to you all :grhug:

sassyk
Content Provider

Post by sassyk » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:48 pm

Debs hugs to you :hug: Very sad news indeed and thanks so much for continuing to keep us updated on Doreen's condition. She fought like the devil but that darned cancer won in the end :cry1: Doreen was such a kind soul and always had such a positive outlook about everything. My heart is heavy for all of us here and for Doreen's family :brknhrt: I'm so thankful that her kitties were adopted together by that wonderful family.

I love the photo of Doreen in the eagle shirt; thanks for posting it :huggie:

RIP dear friend Doreen; your spirit will forever soar with all the souls of our beloved pets and eagles we have lost over the years :brknhrt:

:grhug: to all our Nesters family and to all of Doreen's friends here at Hancock Wildlife. She will be missed so much by so many :cry1:
Member since 21 June 2006
Volunteer Nest Monitor for Wildlife Tree Stewardship Program (WiTS)
If you find a new nest, please contact me so it can be added to the WiTS mapping program.

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:22 pm

Debs, thanks you for the update on Doreen. Such a sad time. I will add to this tomorrow
I replied to your email.

Good morning Debs, John and Kay and anyone reading this that knew Doreen.
I had a feeling that Doreen had passed away. She is out of pain now. I don’t think that she would have wanted to last any longer her quality of life was not there. I will miss her too she was a good friend. I’m glad that Doreen's kitties are in a good home.Thank you for letting us know.

Please give my condolences to her sister Sharon and her other family members and friends.
:brknhrt:

:huggie: Marg
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

Debs
Forum Assistant

Post by Debs » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:21 am

Good Morning Nesters

Kay, Marg thanks for your emails and beautiful posts here for Doreen :rh:

I will keep in touch with Sharon and pass on your condolences. I still cannot believe Dee is gone :brknhrt: All the years we sat here together on this forum counting sticks and reporting on the daily events of our favorite eagle families ... hour long phone calls and lots of belly laughing about life ... my heart hurts!

Hugs to you all :huggie:

Debs
Forum Assistant

Post by Debs » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:08 pm

Nov 24, 2018

Morning Nesters :bye 1:

Thought i would pop in and say hello to y'all.

I miss Doreen ... we talked regularly on the phone and daily on private messaging ... I know her suffering has ended and that brings me comfort but my heart aches i miss her terribly. I cannot have a conversation about Doreen without welling up ... she brought so much joy into my life :brknhrt:

Marg for sure i will pass on your message :wub:

By the way ... Doreen's family has not publicly posted anything yet ... so i am not going to post anything on FB until they do. I shared the sad news here and on EA as Doreen had many friends here and our forum family is small.

I have been extremely busy with work and this past week i was off the grid teaching. I brought in a contract instructor ... a dear friend to teach at my Training Center so that i could remain open while i was away. I was home every night but it was long days with the daily commute.

Hope everyone here is doing okay ... sure wish John would join us here ... would be a terrific Christmas gift!

A week from today we will be in Orlando ... meeting Teddy, Scott, Presley, Oliver and Emmett at Disney World to celebrate an early Christmas together. I know the kids are very excited and it will be great fun enjoying this experience with them :wub:

Well i better get moving ... i have to head to work for the afternoon and finalize all the course paperwork from a very busy work week. Kay, Marg hope to hear from you girls soon ... love reading your posts here too :huggie:

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:05 pm

Fraser River Safari Tours

David Hancock just got off the Fraser River Safari tour and called to say there are double the number of eagles that were on the river last weekend - 7000-80001!

If you didn't get a chance to see them last week there are still 6 seats available on the tour with David tomorrow morning:

November 25, 2018
11:00 am

You can order your tickets on-line here:

https://www.fraserriversafari.com/

(I have been on this tour and it is spectacular!)

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:27 pm

Hi Nesters how is everyone?

It won't be long before you will be with your family Debs ENJOY.
It would be good if John posted here.

Nesters here's a link to the FVBEF: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=290

I attended and had a great time except for the crowds! It was good meeting up with old friends and also meeting new people. David has reported on it.

My Stalashen nest eagles are fine but there is a new Pa.

Missing Doreen. :brknhrt:
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:13 pm

Hancock Here: A surprise Xmas Gift – 3 more days on the Harrison River

Final Season Eagle Tours: Liam, the new owner of the Fraser River Safari Tours has decided to offer 3 more days of Eagle Watching this weekend, December 15, 16 & 17 – Saturday, Sunday and Monday. A great gift for those people enjoying seeing a thousand eagles. Well he is not guaranteeing that but we have been seeing 3000 to 7000 on each of the past few weekends. Call him for a booking: 1-866-348-6877 - I will be aboard to count and discuss.

Second great item: we caught a south Surrey Bald Eagle Breeder last week and while the bird spent most of its first week hunting the various tributaries of the Little Campbell River for spawned-out salmon carcasses this past week, yesterday it confirmed something we have wondered about. Do our south Surrey breeders go over to the Vancouver Landfill in Delta - well this one did a quick visit there yesterday – and back to its Surrey Nest a couple of hours later. So far this male does not appear to have visited the Semiahmoo Bay, an area we thought it had some territorial rights to. On the other hand, perhaps this is not the season to find food at Semiahmoo. Today we caught another adult at the landfill - you can follow these birds at hancockwildlife.org – tracking. Is this new adult still heading south, a northern bird going to winter here or is it another local breeder foraging the Landfill. Time will tell.

Have a great Xmas and perhaps I will see you on the weekend.

David Hancock.

Diana-gogee

Post by Diana-gogee » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:29 am

Good morning Nesters :) :huggie:
I am so sorry about Doreen's passing. It's still very hard for me to deal with those kind of events.
Deja vu all over again. :cry1:
I know I am away from here too long but you my nester buds are not away from mi heart and my mind :grhug:

I wish each and everyone of you A Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy 2019 🎄💖

Oldie but Goodie 🎅🤶
Attachments
Sidney Eaglets Christmas.jpg
Hancock WF member since 2006 ( day one)

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:58 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS NESTERS!
Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 10.16.47 AM.jpg
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

sassyk
Content Provider

Post by sassyk » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:59 pm

Wishing all of my Nester friends a joyous Christmas season
and all the best for a happy & healthy 2019!!

Merry Christmas - Henry Heron-2.gif
Merry Christmas - Henry Heron-2.gif (156.42 KiB) Viewed 4731 times
Member since 21 June 2006
Volunteer Nest Monitor for Wildlife Tree Stewardship Program (WiTS)
If you find a new nest, please contact me so it can be added to the WiTS mapping program.

Debs
Forum Assistant

Post by Debs » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:47 pm

Evening Nesters :bye 1:

Great to land her and see your posts Marg, Diana and Kay :rh: :ty: :huggie:
Diana we totally understand and i know i feel the same :brknhrt:

Regrettably we are still missing John here :cry1:
Doreen, Judy we miss you girls here :brknhrt:

Nesters I hope y'all had a very Merry Christmas and wishing you all the very best of good health, happiness and of course a dash of prosperity in 2019 :hug:

We went to our son's Denny for Christmas ... we left on Dec 23 and we got home late last night. It was wonderful to spend Christmas with our son Denny, DIL Sonya and our beautiful grandkids Nixen, Kingston, Ashton and Bella :wub: It was a crazy busy Christmas and i spent lots of time in the kitchen baking and cooking all our favorites :w00t: Unfortunately hubby has been battling a respiratory bug so after great coaxing today he finally went into emergency and he has pneumonia ... on meds now so hopefully he will feel better soon! I am off for a few days so finally get to watch some of the eagle nests.

Debs
Forum Assistant

Post by Debs » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:37 pm

Hi Nesters :bye 1:

Marg, Kay, Diana, John and all our friends here
Happy New Year 2018 to 2019.jpg
Happy New Year 2018 to 2019.jpg (7.83 KiB) Viewed 4670 times
From our home to yours ...

Wishing you and yours all the best in 2019
Good health, cheer and fun filled adventures too :wub:
happy-new-year-2019-ka-video-with-images-quotes-wishes-status.jpg