Nesters

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

marg
Content Provider

Re: Nesters

Post by marg » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:38 pm

Thank everyone I have signed the petition. :D
Nesters have you?

:bye 1:
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:34 pm

DAVID HANCOCK INTERVIEW

Click on the link to see David’s latest interview. It will be shown at the International Ornithological Congress in Vancouver next week, Aug. 22 – 25, 20182

Link: INTERVIEW

Debs
Forum Assistant

Post by Debs » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:08 am

August 18, 2018

Good Day Nesters :bye 1:

We got back from our holidays with Teddy, Scott, Pres, Ollie and Emmett late last Sunday and this week has been a whirlwind of catch up at work. We had a terrific holiday visiting Toronto, Wonderland, Niagara Falls and we even did a day trip to Buffalo and Darien Lake in New York ... we had lots of fun but it was so busy we need a holiday to recover from the holiday :mihihi:

I have not talked to Doreen since before our vacation so i will call her today to see how she is doing.

Doreen we are missing your sunshine here ... hope you are doing okay and are just too busy to post :huggie:
Marg glad to hear you have seen your eagles :eag: Are you guys visiting AB anytime soon?
Kay how have you been?
John it breaks our hearts that you are not posting anymore ... hope you and Cindy are doing well. Will email you.
Diana sorry we did not get a chance to meet up ... i was so disappointed but i know we will be back in TO next year so perhaps we can plan a girl's day :rh:

Gemini thanks for sharing the information i have been following the story and will definitely sign the petition.

Well i better get cracking it is noon here and i am behind the 8 ball lots to do today.
Hope all our Nesters are doing well hugs to you all :huggie:

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:49 pm

Hi Debs glad you had a wonderful vacation with the family.
Our family are here now so we won't be visiting Edmonton any time soon.:)
Our eagles have left the area right now.....gone fishing elsewhere.

Hope my Nester friends are fine. :grhug:
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

Debs
Forum Assistant

Post by Debs » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:59 pm

Evening Nesters :bye 1:

Marg oh darn sorry to hear your family has left Edmonton but i am happy they are closer to you now :hooray:

I spoke to Doreen a few days ago and i must say i was pretty worried when i talked to her last. Doreen was having a terrible time getting around and she was short of breath and coughing quite a bit; she sounded just dreadful. I called Dee last night and again tonight and I could not reach her so i contacted her son ... unfortunately Doreen is in the hospital again :( bless her heart. I know the hospital is the best place for Dee right now yet i know how much Dee deplores hospitals so hopefully her "wit" is intact so she can poke fun at the institutional side of care!!! I asked her son to let Dee know that we are missing her here and that we are keeping her in our thoughts and prayers. It has been a very tough year for Dee so many health challenges :cry1:

God speed Dee hope you are well enough to be home soon :huggie:

Now i must hit the hay i am totally wiped tonight ...

Have a good night Nester Buds :bye 1: :huggie:

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:35 am

Debs, thanks for the update on Doreen. I'm sorry to hear that she's in the hopital again but as you say that is the best place right now andshe'll be back home soon. :rh: Sending her my love.

Debs, my family were here visiting and are back home now. We had a great visit. The day after they left we had a deer visit us in our yard.....
P1150046.JPG

Have a great day Nesters. :bye 1:
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:37 am

PRESS RELEASE

Hello, All Eagle lovers!

There will be a public demonstration at the Croydon nest site to express outrage over destruction of the Croydon Drive Bald Eagle Nest

Sunday, September 9

2:00 pm

Croydon Drive, Surrey

Local residents! Please come if possible!

(click here for map)

If you haven’t heard of the Croydon Eagle nest tree that was cut down by “vandals” in Surrey, BC recently, here is a link to the story and an update as to what is happening now.

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:22 am

Important Announcement!

David H. and the "Cam Cleaning Squad" will be attempting to clean the Delta2 cam today at 12:30 pm - weather permitting!

If the rain is too heavy and the tree is slippery, the cleaning will be postponed to a later date - hopefully in the next week or so! The date will be posted as soon as it is known.

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:29 am

The latest from David:

HI All Delta 2 Keeners; -- Just reviewed with Myles as a shower just started here after a few hours of 'dry'.

Myles is prepared to climb if the tree gets about an hour of drying out of the canopy.

The challenge is the ropes get very slippery.

We will probably go to the site as every area is different. ANd as we know Delta and WR get half the rain of downtown VR.

I will call Sharon and Jean from the site and ask then to forward to others our last minute decisions !

All we can do is 'give it a try"

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:11 pm

Cam Cleaning at Delta2 Postponed Because of Rain!

Due to the wet and unsafe conditions at the nest tree, David and Myles have decided to postpone the cam cleaning until Monday, Sept 17, 10:00 am when they will try again. The weather is supposed to be better then and hopefully the conditions at the nest will improve enough to try again.

Thanks for trying, David and Myles!

Debs
Forum Assistant

Post by Debs » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:24 pm

Evening Nesters :bye 1:

Marg, Kay and friends :rh:

Marg thanks for posting and for keeping the home fires burning :huggie:

John we sure miss you here :huggie:

Update on Dee
I had tried several times to reach Doreen with no luck and i finally found out today Dee has been transferred from the hospital to a rehab/long term care facility. Unfortunately that is all i know right now if i find out anything else i will let you know. I have been worried sick this past week and am so relieved to have this update.

Please keep Dee in your thoughts and prayers and lets hope that she is well enough to come home soon :luck:

Hugs and thoughts and prayers to all :huggie:

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:33 am

Good morning Nesters. Debs thanks for the update on Doreen sending her my love. :rh: Next stop home for Doreen!

Have a great day everyone!
:bye 1:
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

sassyk
Content Provider

Post by sassyk » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:10 pm

HAPPY CANADIAN THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY NESTER FRIENDS

Happy Thanksgiving - Henry Heron.gif
Happy Thanksgiving - Henry Heron.gif (100.84 KiB) Viewed 5200 times

It's been a long time since I've been here :oops2: I've been following everyone on Facebook though and have kept up with most of your news.

I've been spending a lot of time with family and friends and have been out on a few birding adventures. I'll be going out on a boat next Saturday on a pelagic birding trip and hope to see some whales :luck: I've also been spending quite a lot of time doing my genealogy research again. I have several new DNA matches to contact. We have already had 2 turkey dinners and we'll be having a nice ham dinner tonight. Our family has spoiled us :) I will try to post more often when I see some of our eagles back in their territories.

I'm so sad for Doreen; she has been through so much the past few years. It's not fair that she has had to endure so much pain and suffering :( I'm sending her good thoughts and prayers and hope she improves soon.

Debs your grandkids are all so cute :) Little Bella is going to be so spoiled by all of her older brothers ;)

Marg I'm glad to know that you are seeing your Stalashen eagles a lot these days :thumlft: I'm still waiting for some decent weather so I can get out to visit some of our local nests :luck:

Diana hope you are doing OK. Holidays like this must be so very sad for you, missing your beloved Gogee. Sending :hug:

Sending hugs to everyone and I hope you all enjoy the day :grhug:
Member since 21 June 2006
Volunteer Nest Monitor for Wildlife Tree Stewardship Program (WiTS)
If you find a new nest, please contact me so it can be added to the WiTS mapping program.

Debs
Forum Assistant

Post by Debs » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:58 am

Good Morning Marg, ,Kay and all Nesters :bye 1:

Sorry i have been absent from my perch here :sigh: ... work has been crazy busy :donpan: I just delivered 5 days of training in the community of Chateh so this weekend I am cleaning up paperwork and setting up for another busy work week. The good news we are meeting my sisters in LV for a week of fun ... we fly out Friday :clap: cannot wait to lay in the sun!

Well i wish i had better news about Doreen but unfortunately i do not. I talked to Doreen's sister yesterday; Doreen is still in the rehab/care home. Apparently Doreen's Parkinson's is really bad now and Doreen mobility is affected. So Doreen needs help and it seems unlikely that she will be discharged home on her own. Her sister indicated they may try and take Doreen out on a day pass if it can be arranged. Doreen has not been on her laptop for months now so sad as she enjoyed watching the eagles and perching with her friends here and at EA ... my heart breaks for Doreen :brknhrt: I know how she hates been cooped up in an institution ... I feel helpless and all i can think of ... is to keep Doreen in our thoughts and prayers. I wish i could go visit her and wrap my arms around her and give her a big panda squeeze. I will send John an email and update him too.

We have finally had some nice weather here ... so my travel off the grid this past week was uneventful aside from seeing lots of deer and a couple bison :-)

Marg and Kay hope all is well with you girls :huggie:

Now off i go to start my work day :donpan: wish me luck.

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:09 am

Debs, thank you for the update on Doreen. Sorry to hear that she will need care. I guess she is in the best place though she could not be alone in the house. It will be good if she does go on a day pass with her sister.

Enjoy your Las Vegas visit Debs you deserve it as you've been working so hard.

Hi Kay thanks for your post. You sound very busy also.

We've had good weather here for the past 13 days or so but rain is predicted soon.

Have a great day Nesters!
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”