Nesters

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

Debs
Forum Assistant

Nesters

Post by Debs » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:38 pm

:hi:

Nesters to our new thread in the Garden Fence Chat section of the Hancock Wildlife Foundation site.

Where it started for many of us ... the ole garry tree and our lovely Sidney pair :rh:
2008 Oct 18 Sidney Pair.jpg
2008 Oct 18 Sidney Pair.jpg (40.44 KiB) Viewed 7615 times
The new forum is awesome so user friendly i love the crisp new look thanks to David Hathaway, Judyb, Jkr, Gemini and Patb and the forum support team for all the work they have done behind the scenes to get the new forum launched ... incredible team effort by all thank you so much :ty:

Any yep there are a few more smilies too play with too :woohoo: :fonz: :lol: :razz: x:D

Look forward to perching along side all of you :huggie:

sassyk
Content Provider

Re: Nesters

Post by sassyk » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:15 pm

Debs thanks for setting up our nest here :woohoo: Hope to see all of our Nesters posting soon on this brand new forum :thumlft:
Member since 21 June 2006
Volunteer Nest Monitor for Wildlife Tree Stewardship Program (WiTS)
If you find a new nest, please contact me so it can be added to the WiTS mapping program.

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:06 pm

Hi Debs and everyone I am on the new forum, I've set up 2 of my nests there.
:huggie:
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

Debs
Forum Assistant

Post by Debs » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:25 pm

Hi Kay and Marg :wave: Great to see you landed here :%:

Now hopefully we will see Dee and John here soon :dunno:

Have a terrific sleep :offtobed:

Raffs

Post by Raffs » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:52 pm

So this is the nest for newborn chicks like I am? :D If I good understood :mrgreen:

sassyk
Content Provider

Post by sassyk » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:47 pm

Welcome to our Nesters chat thread Raffs :) Glad to have you join us and don't be shy to ask questions; we are a very friendly bunch of eagle and wildlife enthusiasts :thumlft:
If you find a new nest, please contact me so it can be added to the WiTS mapping program.

Raffs

Post by Raffs » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:43 am

Sassyk :) Thank you for your warm welcome.

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:52 pm

Hi Nesters! Welcome Raffs to the nest as Kay said if you have any questions just ask one of us. :D

Kay we are still waiting for John, Doreen and others to find us here in the new forum.
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

Deewerms

Post by Deewerms » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:15 pm

Hi Marge, Deb, Kay and all Nester friends, John not here yet? hope he finds us soon. well, gotta go early tonight, have stuff to finish so sleep well :bye 1: :hug: btw, we just had a huge storm this week, major rains and flooding and many people lost their homes near the coasts fairly near our living area. :( then we had another storm yesterday, snow this time, we had 18" here goodnight friends :bye 1:

sassyk
Content Provider

Post by sassyk » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:36 am

Good morning Nesters :)

Where oh where is our dear friend John; oh where oh where can he be :D
Hope he finds our new home soon; I miss his good morning and good night messages.

We haven't seen Diana or Sally yet, but I'm sure they will arrive soon!

Doreen, hope you are OK. I saw some of the storms on our news. We have been fortunate here on lower Vancouver Island; we haven't had much snow and not too many wind storms. However, the weather has been much worse on the lower mainland :(

Debs, you must be very busy with your new shop :thumlft: Congratulations to you and your family :huggie:

Marg, I see most of your eagles have returned to their territories :thumlft:

I haven't been out birding too many times but the season is still early for some of our eagles. They are starting to spend more time at their nests now. I'm having lunch with 3 of my sisters today then going for a nice walk.

We'll be flying to Fort Lauderdale in 6 weeks for our next cruise :woohoo: One of my first cousins and her hubby are going to drive to Southampton on May 5th to meet us and spend the day with us. Our ship will be in port until 11pm so that will give us lots of time together.

Must go and get a few things done around here. Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend :grhug:

Debs
Forum Assistant

Post by Debs » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:40 am

March 9 2018

Afternoon Nesters :bye 1:

I am totally need some Tim's :w00t:

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

John i hope you find your way here we miss you.

Doreen so glad you made it here ... it was a bit confusing in the beginning sorry about that :ohmy: I am so sorry to hear about your storms :cryhanky: that is just terrible that some people lost their homes!

Kay thanks i have been so busy but now that i hired my daughter and she is getting orientated i think i will eventually have more time to relax....but for now things are still pretty crazy as we get things set up :w00t:

Marg great to see you here too ... hope you and Earl are doing okay.

Heading over to a couple of nests then have to go to work ... hope everyone has a good Friday :hug:

Deewerms

Post by Deewerms » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:37 pm

Hi Deb and everyone, and Deb, it will be so nice when you have some leisure time, even a little will be great gift to you, glad you have your daughter now on the crew :thumlft: good to see you all,
Kay, so nice when you go on your next cruise :woohoo: yes, our storms were quite violent, and left much destruction
Marge, happy for your nest sighting, will have to find your new pics, got lost there for awhile. do we have to sign in every time we leave, then come back, I mean log in like a new person ??
welcome Raffs, enjoy the Nesters group :hug:
Dianna, Sally, we miss you so hurry back :wave:

hey John, c-mon over, the waters nice and warm :roll:

saying goodnight now, enjoy your evening :hug: :bye 1:

Debs
Forum Assistant

Post by Debs » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:02 pm

Morning Nesters :bye 1:

Did everyone remember to spring ahead :dunno:

Raffs :bye 1: warm welcome from all of us here ... i totally missed your earlier post ... i am bad :w00t:

John :bye 1: :announce: hope you land here soon we are missing your sunshine and your regular nighty nights here :fonz:

Doreen boy you guys sure got hammered with bad weather; i saw on the news they were calling it a snow hurricane :cry1: Hope things are better now. Well it looks like we have a new pair at NCTC although the male may be Smitty but i am still not sure about that...such a sad turn of events there. Territorial disputes are becoming more and more common with the recovery of the bald eagle and less and less territories especially in areas that do not have lots of trees ... or nesting spots.

Kay, Marg hope you girls are doing okay :bye 1:

Diana, Sally would love to hear from you :dunno: I know everyone has busy lives ... just missing you here.

Now i have to scram have mountains of paperwork to do ... Doreen i will try to call you tonight see how the day goes :huggie:

Hope yàll have a terrific Sunday :huggie:

Debs
Forum Assistant

Post by Debs » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:04 pm

:announce: :announce: :announce:

Raff :bye 1:

Warm welcome wonderful to have you join us here :huggie:

Deewerms

Post by Deewerms » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:56 pm

good afternoon friends, Deb, we may have to kidnap John and drag him over here :D and yes, we all miss you John :hug:
well, our weather is Here we go again, round 3 :w00t: another snow storm, lots of snow coming, closings already being announced, seems like no spring at all will happen around here :( yes Deb, I did spring ahead amazingly, my memory is very bad lately so was surprised I did remember :mrgreen: well friends, see ya all later, going over to visit John for a bit, hope he is coming over here soon :luck: don't work too hard Deb :%:

:dunno: I don't understand, we can't respond to a post?

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”